Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• dlm4mom
    dlm4mom Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Thank you for advice. I will recalculate my calories. I originally put info in for 1.5 ponud per week weight loss. Maybe I should rethink.
    I am out of town for work and did not do well today . I passed on muffins at breakfast but had dessert for lunch and dinner and had 3 glasses of wine this evening so well over calorie allotment. But I did exercise a lot of restraint as food was offered at breaks. I feel like I ate too much uncomfortable feeling. Wednesday will be back to normal routine. Hoping I can do a little better tomorrow.
  • PrincesseAly23
    PrincesseAly23 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Thank you @joan6630 for that beautiful/uplifting story! So true.

And yes, the rest of you who commented on my post are right. 100% was a little dramatic and unrealistic. I just want to see that number sooo badly... but there's no point in self-sabotage. If I put too much pressure on myself I'm liable to quit everything.

1., Be active, ✅ (1h and 45 min of exercise!!!)8
    2., No snacking, ✅
    3., Drink lots of water, ❎ (much better then yesterday. But I need to improve)
    4., Eat small portions, ❎ (I did all day except at dinner!!! I let myself get too hungry)
    5., Avoid sugar❎ (I had 2 bites of cheesecake after dinner)
    6., Bonus: Stay under 2000 calls❌ Nope. Just. NOPE
    7., Extra Bonus: Stay under 100 carbs❌ HAHAHAHA. Maybe next time?

I got up at 5am and went for a 40 min swim. Then after work this afternoon I went for a 1 hour walk with a colleague. I made healthy food choices until dinner. I'd let myself get too hungry and ate too much too quickly. I'll do better tomorrow. At least I'm staying accountable and logging everything.

I'm feeling really good. I'm almost over my cold and TOM and jet lag. I went to the grocery store and bought myself LOADS of healthy snacks (carrots & hummus, snap peas, apples & grapes etc.) so hopefully tomorrow I will stay in the green zone. It's sooo hard to make healthy choices when all I have to eat around here is fast food chains... but I'll do my best with groceries during the day and try to make healthy evening choices.
  • asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    October 1 challenge: weight=159.4. Goal by December 31=155. That won't be easy because of all the holidays, parties, etc. Let's give it a whirl!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    asclepsia wrote: »
    October 1 challenge: weight=159.4. Goal by December 31=155. That won't be easy because of all the holidays, parties, etc. Let's give it a whirl!

This is why I thought a challenge might help keep us all on track -- between halloween and New Years, I always gain so much. Hoping that won't happen this year!
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    dlm4mom wrote: »
    I passed on muffins at breakfast but had dessert for lunch and dinner and had 3 glasses of wine this evening so well over calorie allotment. But I did exercise a lot of restraint as food was offered at breaks.

Well done! Sounds like you said no several times today which is a great start and I'm sure was hard! The more you practice that, the easier it will be to say no more of the time! (That's my theory anyway)
  • bookmeister86
    Options
    Yesterday was good - managed to resist snacking despite staying late in the office! (Which is a real danger area as I get hungry and my willpower gets low...And there is always sugary food around.....)

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Lunch less than 450 cals :smile:
    - No office snacks - only ryvita if hungry :smile:
    - No alcohol :smile:
    - Be in the green :smile:
    - 30 + minute lunch break :smile:
    - Meditate :smile:
    - if sunny, have a walk outside :smile:
    - Focus on key priorities and be productive :smile:
    - Listen to music to boost mood :smile:
    - Leave work by 6.30pm :/ Left later than planned at 7.20. But I did get a lot done!
    - Binge watch house of cards! :/ only managed one because of getting home late. But it was good!!!!

Today's commitments -
    - Log everything I eat
    - Lunch less than 450 cals
    - No snacks - only ryvita if hungry
    - Be in the green

- 30 + minute lunch break
    - Meditate
    - Have a walk outside (to get lunch!)
    - Focus on key priorities and be productive
    - Listen to music to boost mood
    - Finish work by 6.30pm
    - Go to gym after work (if operation wound not hurting. Take it easy if do go)

• aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    aerochic42 wrote: »
    JFT Monday:
    1. log everything (b'fast done and main part of lunch)
    2. brush/floss before bed

eta: lunch updates

Well yesterday was a bust. so take two
  • bookmeister86
    Options
    aerochic42 wrote: »

Well yesterday was a bust. so take two

Today is another day! :smiley:
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I'm feeling really good. I'm almost over my cold and TOM and jet lag. I went to the grocery store and bought myself LOADS of healthy snacks (carrots & hummus, snap peas, apples & grapes etc.) so hopefully tomorrow I will stay in the green zone. It's sooo hard to make healthy choices when all I have to eat around here is fast food chains... but I'll do my best with groceries during the day and try to make healthy evening choices.

Glad you're feeling better. Sounds like you've got a good plan! :smile:

dlm4mom wrote: »
    I am out of town for work and did not do well today . I passed on muffins at breakfast but had dessert for lunch and dinner and had 3 glasses of wine this evening so well over calorie allotment. But I did exercise a lot of restraint as food was offered at breaks. I feel like I ate too much uncomfortable feeling. Wednesday will be back to normal routine. Hoping I can do a little better tomorrow.

Eating healthy on the road for work is hard to do. Good for you with the restraint, and the exercise! When I was a road warrior, I always had good intentions, but didn't always hit the gym like I planned, just crashed in my room instead. You did good! :smiley:
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Just for Tuesday:
    1. Put finishing touches on Wound Project today
    2. Start patient build for OB Provider class
    3. Begin creating Captivate eLearning that is due on Friday (no pressure there...)
    4. Journal every bite
    5. Continue with week One's Change from "52 Small Changes..." book
    6. Listen to my favorite podcasts (have to run to store because I failed to grab my earbuds today)
    7. Deep breaths. One thing at a time, one hour at a time. I can do this.
    8. Do at least one random act of kindness. Our world is so messed up!
    9. Read today's Simple Abundance... and write in my gratitude journal tonight
    10. Go to bed on time and try to get up at 5:30 tomorrow to take a morning walk before work.

"52 Small Changes: One year to a happier, healthier you.":
    First week's change: Drink more water every day and make it a habit. Body weight divided by 2 = #oz of water you should drink every day. Add 8 oz of water for every 20 minutes of exercise.

I will try to hop on later and catch up. Unfortunately, I am in the world of "too much work, not enough time" at the moment!

But I'm thinking of you all and hope everything is going well for you!

@slittlemeister and Bex, i think I need both of you to take a trip to the US and give me a good kick in the butt. I'm failing miserably! :smile:

Joan I love that story! Thank you for sharing!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    Recap M 10/2
    1) Up after hitting the snooze several times, harder to get up early after my 3 day weekend, so walked dog shorter route before work = 2.34 miles & happy dog :smiley:
    2) Net calories green = Red 174 :/
    3) Tackle to-do list after work (at least 2 - 3 things) = Some progress made. :smile:
    4) Unwind 9:30 / bedtime & TV off 10:15 = With all the horrible news of the day, just felt exhausted. Flossed & done. :smiley:

JFT T 10/3
    1) Got up in dark, walked dog 3.43 miles before work & saw some critter on side of road, but too dark to know what, maybe bunny? Watched pretty sunrise. = Happy me & happy dog. :smiley:
    2) Meals & snacks are prelogged / stay on track / net calories w/i 100 green
    3) Use Calm app, pause & pray
    4) Keep on that to-do list
    5) Unwind 9:30 / bedtime & TV off 10:15
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options

I've been out of the loop....are we doing a 5 lb challenge? If so, I'm in! I need the boost.

CW: 200lbs
    GW: 150lbs-via 5lb increments.

In two weeks, I would like to be 5 lbs less. :smile: in order to be at the upper end of a healthy weight range I have to lose 40lbs. I will weigh daily & post on my wall calendar. Let's do this! I will also figure out a non-food reward....

Another crisp, autumn day w/sun!
    Pretracked most meals.
    Having lunch w/husband who is home today. Egg white veggie omelet.
    Walked the dog with husband.
    Be mindful of the amt of sugar consumed.
    Make an effort to eat protein throughout the day to curb mindless carb snacking/bingeing.
    9 cups of water.
    Meditate w/calm app for 25 mins.-I hope.
    Having pizza with Boy Scout Troop after outing to see vintage aircraft.
    Early bedtime.

Have a great day everyone!
  • mytime6630
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Late in the day, so my goals today will be simple:
    1. get back to logging food :/:/ Well ..... the good thing .... the brownies are all gone ... the rice krispies treats are all gone ..... the potato chips are all gone ..... the ice cream is all gone ... all the things I had on hand for when my friends were here ..... Gee ... can you tell how my day was yesterday :s
    2. drink that water :/
    3. lay out gym clothes for tomorrow morning - I have not been to the gym since last wednesday! :) Only positive thing I did yesterday!

JFT, Tuesday, 10/3
    1. get back started logging. NO MORE EXCUSES. Remember how I want to feel at the end of the year!!
    2. drink water. 64 oz today = 8 cups. @OConnell5483 -- I would also love to participate in the 52 small changes. This one in particular I really need:

First week's change: Drink more water every day and make it a habit. Body weight divided by 2 = #oz of water you should drink every day. Add 8 oz of water for every 20 minutes of exercise.

But does this mean I should be drinking 97 ounces a water a day?????? I am aiming for 64 oz to start with

3. lay out gym clothes for tomorrow morning. Start my day out in a positive way. So far today, did great with this - 90 minutes in the gym early this morning!
    4. work on finishing the towels to gift to a good friend who is retiring
    5. sit out in the patio and enjoy the day and time with my hubby
    6. try and get better at planning meals. WHY is this so hard for me to do!!!! Any suggestions as to how you guys do it? DO you pick a time each week and plan the weeks menus? I get so busy, and then we need eggs, milk, etc., and I just grab meats, things I think we need - with no planning at all. I know planning is the key, and this is something I really want to turn into a better habit. But so hard for me to do it seems!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Saragirl2 wrote: »

I've been out of the loop....are we doing a 5 lb challenge? If so, I'm in! I need the boost.

Saragirl - so happy you are joining us also!! The challenge is simple - just to either maintain, or lose a minimum of just 5 pounds by the end of the year.

This time of year, I always gain weight. For me, it starts with halloween candy, then with thanksgiving, Christmas, parties, etc. The goal is to either maintain (which for me at least, this would even be a loss, because every New Years day, I make another resolution to lose weight, including the 7+ pounds that I always put on).
    My goal is to actually lose more than 5 pounds, but I will be happy with even just 5 pounds. Hoping this will keep us all going!
  • mytime6630
    Options

I CAN DO THIS .... I can do this .... I can do this .......

Why is drinking water so hard for me! But .... I have 6 glasses drank already (and I'm running to the ladies room every 15 minutes it seems :s )
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Monday:
    1. Plan and pre-track exercise for the week :)
    2. 12,000 steps :) 12,198
    3. under 1400 calories :smile:
    4. under 75G carbs :neutral: had a "too many carbs, not enough calories" day
    5. 8+ freggies :)
    6. 10+ C water :smile:
    7. 60 minutes Zumba :smile:
    8. one round of weights :smile:
    9. WALK :)

Tuesday:
    1. 12,000 steps
    2. under 1400 calories
    3. under 75G carbs
    4. 8+ freggies
    5. 10+ C water
    6. swim a mile
    7. walk
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    10/3 Tuesday JFT:

✔Regular morning routine
    ✔ Research 8 am - 12 pm
    ✔ Nice lunch w/ hubby :)
    ✔ Dr.'s Appt
    Pick up kiddos
    Get home and relax a bit
    Pick up teeno from football ~ 6 pm
    Dinner by 7:30 pm
    Bedtime by 9:30 pm

(I walked on campus today so I'm passing on the elliptical today.)
  • bookmeister86
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    6. try and get better at planning meals. WHY is this so hard for me to do!!!! Any suggestions as to how you guys do it? DO you pick a time each week and plan the weeks menus? I get so busy, and then we need eggs, milk, etc., and I just grab meats, things I think we need - with no planning at all. I know planning is the key, and this is something I really want to turn into a better habit. But so hard for me to do it seems!

We do this at the weekend - we plan what we're going to have across the week and then buy pretty much everything we need for the week (except for maybe fresh stuff for later in the week which we get in a top-up shop midweek). We also try to cook twice at the weekend and make double portions that only need to be heated up on Mon/ Tue thus reducing the amount of weeknight cooking! We try to make the weeknight cooking in double portions as well. Oh and we always have tortellini in the freezer for when we haven't got anything anything else in and just want to cook quickly (5 mins in boiling water in hob + heated up chopped tomatoes + frozen peas boiled with the tortellini).

That's how it works in theory - doesn't work so well when away/busy at the weekend though! (When tortellini then gets eaten more frequently....)