Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 822 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    JFT Monday:
    1. log everything (b'fast done and main part of lunch)
    2. brush/floss before bed

eta: lunch updates
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,491 Member
    Options
    dlm4mom wrote: »
    It is really difficult to stay under 1200 calories. Should the goal be 300 breakfast and lunch and 600 dinner? How do you all do it?

I work a desk job too. I'm 5'4" and have MFP goals set to 1# per week, Not Very Active and 4-30 minute workouts per week. MFP sets my daily calorie goal at 1200. I worked my way up to walking 5x per week, usually 5K or more, in about an hour give or take. I (almost) always eat back my exercise calories, I couldn't survive otherwise. If I lose only 1/2# per week that's ok with me. I want to be able to live normally, and that includes what I eat and do. I refuse to live my life "on a diet" so this is my life(style). I use portion control and limit processed foods, fast food, restaurant meals & sweets. I have snacks between meals to keep me going nearly every day. I'd be happy to share my food diary, if you add me as a friend. Same for anyone else, add me. :smile: Good luck!

I commit to being 100% good for the whole month of October. (Today being the only exception).

So strict with yourself! Personally, I aim for 80% healthy and 20% whatever on a bad day. I usually do not review my macros or nutrients, just try to be average. :D
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    Recap Sunday 10/1
    1) Bible class / church = :smiley:
    2) Walk dog = 3.58 miles & happy dog :smiley:
    3) Net calories green = I was green until I snacked on red licorice twists in evening. Net calories red 62. :p
    4) Update monthly weigh-in = Instead of being indoors / online, hubby and I visited 2 parks along Lake Michigan shoreline, ate a picnic lunch I made, watched waves crashing on very windy day, and did a little hiking. No need for Calm app as we sat on beach with waves rolling in. It was so relaxing, except when I didn't move fast enough and one foot got wet. :o:smiley:
    5) Bedtime 10:30 = Done, and I flossed. :smiley:

JFT M 10/2
    1) Up after hitting the snooze several times, harder to get up early after my 3 day weekend, so walked dog shorter route before work = 2.34 miles & happy dog :smiley:
    2) Net calories green
    3) Tackle to-do list after work (at least 2 - 3 things)
    4) Unwind 9:30 / bedtime & TV off 10:15
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    Almost forgot this update! This will be my starting weight for the 5# Challenge.

Weekly Weigh-In = When I'm active I eat back calories / sometimes too much. My weaknesses: my sweet tooth, especially chocolate, and portion control. To be honest, I love food! I weigh myself daily and log weekly / posting my Saturday a.m. weigh-in here. [My digital scale only shows half pound increments.]

Height 5'4"
    Age 59
    GW #1: 150
    GW #2: 145
    UG Range: 140 - 145 [anything less is probably unsustainable]
    October Goal: Reach 165

11/5/15 = 195.0 joined MFP with no real plan except It's. Not. A. Diet.
    5/31/17 = 180.5 two end of month celebrations
    6/3 = 177.5
    6/10 = 179.5 pre-10K spaghetti supper night before
    6/17 = 179.5 numerous meals away from home, several occasions w/ alcohol, happy no gain
    6/24 = 178.0 fluctuated during week, but ended ok
    7/1 = 176.0 Yay!!! Achieved June goal to stay <180
    7/8 = 177.5 oops
    7/15 = 176.5
    7/22 = 175.0
    7/29 = 174.0 saw at least one daily w-i below 174
    8/5 = 174.5 dined out for Girls Day Out & ate Dad's cooking & baking
    8/12 = 173.5 scale flirted with even lower numbers on daily weigh-ins
    8/19 = 173.5 had couple of high calorie days
    8/26 = 172.0 kind of a surprise
    9/2 = 170.0 Woohoo! Officially overweight, not obese :smiley:
    9/9 = 171.5 backsliding, ack!
    9/16 = 169.5 yay, the middle number is a six!
    9/23 = 168.5 have lots challenges in upcoming week
    9/30 = 167.0 met Sept goal to stay under 170

Reminder: Weight loss is not linear. At least not for me.
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Taking a week to figure everything out was just what I needed to do :D My husband and I discussed everything and I went ahead and dropped my last lecture course. This semester I am only doing undergrad research, which is at my own pace. After dropping that last lecture, my stress level went WAY down! Not worrying about homework, term papers and exams is better for me this semester.

I truly appreciate all of your support here on JFT. I do want to continue the JFT and logging my food, just to keep my habits good :) With my new school schedule, I can focus more on myself and my family!! :smiley:

@Bex953172 My first real check up is tomorrow. They will do a full check up, blood work, etc. I'll have to wait until my sonogram to know my definite due date bc my menstrual cycle was irregular before I learned about my pregnancy. The nausea is slightly better. From what I've read, stress can cause more nausea for pregnancy. I still have morning and some daily nausea but it is extremely better from where I was.

10/2 Monday JFT:

Regular morning routine for kids
    Laundry
    Small grocery trip
    Pick up mail
    Prep research work for tomorrow's meeting
    Enjoy a relaxing lunch
    Rest for ~ 1 hr.
    Pick up kiddos ~ 3:15 pm
    Call in Water order to Costco
    Jog on elliptical for 30 min.
    Rest and hydrate for 30 min.
    Prep Dinner (Artichokes take a while to steam)
    Pick up teeno from football
    Finish Dinner
    Dinner by 7pm
    Family Meeting
    (Gotta get these kids back in order)
    Bedtime by 9:30 pm
  • asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    I've been reading everyone's posts, but not responding. I've kind of fallen by the wayside for a while--logging about 3 days of the week--out of town for two weeks, and not logging in. I did see a mention of the October 1 challenge. What is that? Looks like it could help some of us back on track.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Monday:
    1. Plan and pre-track exercise for the week
    2. 12,000 steps
    3. under 1400 calories
    4. under 75G carbs
    5. 8+ freggies
    6. 10+ C water
    7. 60 minutes Zumba
    8. one round of weights
    9. WALK
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,081 Member
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    @Bex953172 My first real check up is tomorrow. They will do a full check up, blood work, etc. I'll have to wait until my sonogram to know my definite due date bc my menstrual cycle was irregular before I learned about my pregnancy. The nausea is slightly better. From what I've read, stress can cause more nausea for pregnancy. I still have morning and some daily nausea but it is extremely better from where I was.

Oh the “booking” appointment we call it over here! The super long one where they go over your whole family history :sweat_smile:
    Yeah non of my pregnancies have been anywhere close to my LMP date.

I agree on the stress, I had a wave of sickness the other day and I think baby’s been a bit poorly because it feels like she’s been crying for 4 days straight and every time she went off I just started being sick again :unamused:
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,081 Member
    Options
    @joan6630

Where you at?!

Don’t be slacking on your posting now :tongue:
    Always love to hear from you!

Hope everything’s okay!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,213 Member
    Options
    I have been missing getting on here - and missed you guys!

This weekend, 3 of my high school girl friends where in town - we had such a blast! There is nothing like a weekend with friends of 50+ years --- one of these girls I have known since 1st grade - 60 years! Yikes!

But this is the time where I get lazy with watching what I eat. I am at a much better weight than I was in January - down almost 26 pounds. Only 16 pounds from my first goal weight of 175 (a weight that weight watchers set as a good weight for my height/build). But that is when I get into trouble - as the weight gradually comes back on. SO .... not going to give up.

Late in the day, so my goals today will be simple:
    1. get back to logging food
    2. drink that water
    3. lay out gym clothes for tomorrow morning - I have not been to the gym since last wednesday!

This is the start of the October Challenge -- I am so happy so many of you are going to join me! The goal is to either maintain your current weight, or lose at least 5 pounds by the end of the year. This is very doable, but it is also very hard - even to just maintain. With Halloween, thankgsiving, christmas, parties, etc. this is the time of year that I always tend to gain at least 5-10 pounds. So, if I can even just maintain, to me, that is like losing those 10 pounds that I normally gain.

So my starting weight - October 1st is 191.8. My goal by December 31st is to be at 186 pounds!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    @joan6630

Where you at?!

Don’t be slacking on your posting now :tongue:
    Always love to hear from you!

Hope everything’s okay!

Hi Bex! Love the last baby bump picture --- that little one is growing! Can't wait to hear what you will be having!

Missed you guys ---- Yes, I have been a very bad girl :/ WAY too much wine, beer, eating ice cream,; chips, etc. But ..... I'm back starting again today! The girlfriends are gone - time to get back to healthy eating!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    asclepsia wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,
    I've been reading everyone's posts, but not responding. I've kind of fallen by the wayside for a while--logging about 3 days of the week--out of town for two weeks, and not logging in. I did see a mention of the October 1 challenge. What is that? Looks like it could help some of us back on track.

October Challenge --
    The goal is to either maintain your current weight, or lose at least 5 pounds by the end of the year. This is very doable, but it is also very hard - even to just maintain. With Halloween, thankgsiving, christmas, parties, etc..

So hope you can join us!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    dlm4mom wrote: »
    Starting up with the 5 pound challenge
    I am a slow loser because I hate exercising. I like walking , working outside and cleaning house. My job requires sitting at a desk for the most part so I guess my weight loss is based on controlling calories and trying to burn calories in an enjoyable way.
    SW 184
    CW 177
    I would really like to be 160 by Christmas but would still be happy with 5 pounds. I did ok with my first night of conference. Had a beer and one slice of pizza with some old friends.
    It is really difficult to stay under 1200 calories. Should the goal be 300 breakfast and lunch and 600 dinner? How do you all do it?

I am very tall, 5'11". I used to work hard at staying near 1200 calories. By evening, I was so hungry, I would give into binge eating - sometimes eating 1000 calories without even thinking.
    Then, I looked up what I would do once I get to my goal weight of 175. To maintain that goal weight, I would be eating almost 1600 calories. Then, I got to thinking, that if I could even eat to maintain the goal weight of 175, I would lose weight. So now, even though I have my calories set around 1400, if I do eat more, and reach the 1500 number, I try not to stress about it. This has to be a lifestyle change. If we only eat to lose weight, like so many, the weight will just come back on. It has to be a eating plan you can live with your entire life.
    16 pounds by Christmas might be very hard to do (unless you are very young?). How about just trying to lose 3 pounds a month or so -- that would be almost 12 pounds by Christmas? Sometimes, when I set my goals too high and fail, I backslide.
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »

10/2 Monday JFT:

✔Regular morning routine for kids
    ✔Laundry
    ✔Small grocery trip
    ✔Pick up mail
    ✔Prep research work for tomorrow's meeting
    ✔Enjoy a relaxing lunch
    ✔Rest for ~ 1 hr. --> it was 50 min.
    ✔Pick up kiddos ~ 3:15 pm
    ✔Call in Water order to Costco
    ✔Jog on elliptical for 30 min.
    ✔Rest and hydrate for 30 min.
    ✔Prep Dinner (Artichokes take a while to steam)
    ✔Pick up teeno from football
    ✔Finish Dinner
    ✔Dinner by 7pm --> 7:30 pm
    ✔Family Meeting
    Bedtime by 9:30 pm --> Maybe :blush: (we'll see)

All in all, a successful day!! :smiley:
    I only had nausea a little before lunch but once I ate I felt better. Hopefully these good days continue.

@Bex953172 On days like those, I suggest gathering up some DVD's, getting cozy and grabbing a few snacks. Then you and your little one hang out of the couch / sofa :wink:
  • josephinebowman
    josephinebowman Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Joan! Lovely.
  • mytime6630
    edited October 2017
    Options
    My prayers and thoughts are with all affected by the Las Vegas shooting. So very scarry - I have walked that area many times.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Didn't have time to hop on today until now. So I'll just post my October 1st challenge stats for now.

Oct 2nd-SW: 171.6 lb
    Challenge Weight by 12/31/2017: 166 lb
    Next mini goal: 160 lb
    Mini goal #2: 155 lb
    Mini goal #3: 150 lb
    Ultimate goal: 145 lb

Height: 5'4"

BEX!!! Of course I don't mind if you do the 52 changes challenges with me. They are for making our lives easier and developing good habits. So they aren't all weight related. You can pick and choose. I'll post the new week next Sunday. I'm so excited to hear about that baby bump and if your quilt should have blue or pink in it! :wink: