Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    asclepsia wrote: »
    I've been reading everyone's posts, but haven't done written any for several weeks. Been battling intestinal flu/ food poisoning off and on for three weeks--yuk! I have lost about 5 or 6 pounds--in the 50's for the first time in years--so I guess that's a good thing, but I wouldn't recommend it for weight loss (LOL). That illness weakens you so much--I was only able to complete five minutes of my exercise video! Fortunately now, my strength is coming back.

Glad to see you back, but so sorry you've been sick. I've had that before, and know how awful it is. The only plus is the weight loss, but not a good way to lose weight! I hope you feel better soon, and get your strength back.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    THursday
    1. go to the gym :) Already did this. It is not taking me almost 90 minutes to do all the weight lifting, so trying to get there earlier to get it all done. But I am finding I really enjoy the gym time -- meeting so many new people, and it starts my day out in a positive way! :)
    2. drink water :)
    3. log all food :)
    4. eat only planned snacks. The rest of the time, the kitchen is closed :) I was SO hungry for something last nite .... but the kitchen was closed. Got my glass of ice water, and did OK!
    5. floss and brush teeth early so I don't eat while sewing :)
    6. work on finishing up quilt :) Sewed, and ripped out! Sometimes it is not worth sewing when I am tired :'(
    7. work on starting to organize file cabinets :/
    8. laundry :)
    9. lay out gym clothes for tomorrow morning :)

JFT, Friday
    1. go to the gym. Already did this.... and had about 3 people coming all wanting to give me "advice". Things like don't hang onto the bars when using the treadmill (no, I'm going to keep hanging on), I'm doing squats wrong, etc etc. Hey -- at least I am trying!
    2. drink water
    3. log all food
    4. fish fry tonite - so only eat 2 pieces

Busy day today, and I'm getting a late start!
  • mytime6630
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Saragirl2 wrote: »
    Had to cancel trip to Canada b/c son is very sick w/pneumonia & ear infection. Amazes me how quickly they can go downhill. Learning how to use a nebulizer, etc. Haven't slept well for a few days. We'll head up to Canada in mid-August. I did buy an affordable bike rack so we'll break it in at home. The bike shop guy was the best! So helpful. Didn't binge over change of plans or b/c I'm upset I'm going to miss seeing our extended family.

P

Remind yourself of your "Why".

So sorry you have to cancel you trip, but great job in not binging. That is a huge NSV! I hope your son feels better soon. Pneumonia and ear infections are not good - hopefully he'll be on the mend soon with the right antibiotics!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    @joan6630 wel done on closing the kitchen
    How many days streak are you on now!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »

Only 2 ---- but going on day 3!
  • Bex953172
    edited July 2017
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    Bex953172 wrote: »

Only 2 ---- but going on day 3!

Only 2?
    2s good!
    Some nights you couldn't close the kitchen so you're already doing better than them days :) and you've done it twice over.
    It may seem like a small achievement, but an achievement all the same!
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options

1. Log all food :)Even the half a pizza and garlic bread
    2. Keep hydrated :)
    3. Keep drawer balanced :)
    4. Ask for help if I need it :)
    5. Only eat what I brought :'(There was cake for a coworker's Bday. Only had a small piece but didn't have the will power to turn it down
    7. Finish dishes :'(
    8. Make yummy dinner :'(Turned out to be pizza night
    9. Make egg salad :'(Failed to pick up eggs from Mom
    10. Spend time with the DH :)
    11. Hang out with online friends :)This was much easier because my new gaming headset came finally!
    12. Wind down by 11 :'(Didnt even see my bed until 1:30 am but it was my own fault because we were having so much fun
    13. Bed by 12 :'(See above

Had a great night with the guys last night. I didn't do much but watch the DH play his game but got to take part in the conversations. It was pretty awesome. Didn't get to bed until at least 1:30 probably more like 2. Wanted to get up at 9:30 and get started on my day today. Didn't pull myself out of bed until 10:38, ran in the shower, threw on clothes, kissed the DH and ran out the door. Had a pretty decent day at work. Nothing big happened. There were enough of us tellers and supervisors that it was pretty boring. I closed the branch at 7 pm and we didn't have a single customer for the last hour and a half. It was kind of annoying. And the ride home was uneventful. Now the DH is at work until close and I'm here. Made myself a wrap for dinner and as @joan6630 says"The kitchen is closed" I think I need to get your mind set Joan. I'm still trying to do the IF(having some trouble with it recently. Well eating in general Lol) so I think I need to keep my kitchen closed after 8 pm.

Seeing as it's almost 9 pm I think I will just what I did for the day. It is almost bed time after all.

1. Logged all food
    2. Stayed in the green
    3. Kept drawer balanced
    4. Didn't need to ask for help!
    5. Paid bills
    6. Made a quick and healthy dinner
    7. Closed the kitchen at 8 pm
    8. Brushed teeth
    9. Will wind down by 10
    10. Will be in bed by 11

If I can get up in time I will post tomorrows goals, tomorrow morning.

Have a great night everyone!

• MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    7/27 Friday JFT:

✔Attend class
    ✔Tutoring
    ✔Physics HW and Online HW (not done)
    ✔RUN ON ELLIPTICAL (it doesn't have to be "hard-core, just get onto the machine!!!)
    ✔Prep Grocery List
    ✔Dinner by 7:30 pm➡️8pm
    ✔Bedtime by midnight

• mytime6630
    Options
    1 cup of bing cherries for a snack :) -- the kitchen is NOW CLOSED!!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    1 cup of bing cherries for a snack :) -- the kitchen is NOW CLOSED!!

Yessss you got this!
  • asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    [quote="joan6630;
    Glad to see you back, but so sorry you've been sick. I've had that before, and know how awful it is. The only plus is the weight loss, but not a good way to lose weight! I hope you feel better soon, and get your strength back.[/quote]

@joan6630: Thank you so much for your concern and encouragement. You contribute so much to keeping this thread going, and maintaining a "can-do" attitude. That support really does mean a lot when you are struggling. And friends don't always want to hear about your exercise and weight loss plans, so I think that's where the support of this group becomes so important. Starting to feel so much better; getting out and doing some fun things--appetite isn't back to normal, but hey--that might be good!
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Early start for me today but I managed to find time to hop on MFP to post my goals before heading into work! Woohoo!

So Just For Today:

1. Log all food
    2. Stay in green
    3. Keep drawer balanced
    4. Meal plan
    5. Prep shopping list
    6. Gym
    7. Dishes
    8. Dinner
    9. Food shop
    10. Get eggs from mom
    11. Prep egg salad
    12. Pay rent
    13. Bed whenever as I am off tomorrow! Woohoo!

Have a great day everyone!
  • MLHC1
    Options
    7/29 Saturday JFT:

It's going to be an ALL day Physics Focused day!

Coffee with Husband
    Brunch with family
    Manage Saturday chores
    Physics HW and Online HW (Ch. 27)
    Physics HW and Online HW (Ch. 28)
    Physics Lab HW
    Run on elliptical
    Dinner by 8pm
    Bedtime by midnight

If I have the time today, I might take care of a few "House Manager" items, Lol. If not, I'll it'll be on my Sunday JFT.

☆☆Everyone have a blessed day / evening☆☆
  • cpad81
    cpad81 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    JFT - Saturday, July 29, 2017
    1. Log all of my food on MFP
    2. Walk at least 3 miles
    3. Drink 8 cups of water
    4. Do at least 2 loads of laundry
    5. Organize my work clothes
    6. Start reading my book
  • mytime6630
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Friday
    1. go to the gym. Already did this.... and had about 3 people coming all wanting to give me "advice". Things like don't hang onto the bars when using the treadmill (no, I'm going to keep hanging on), I'm doing squats wrong, etc etc. Hey -- at least I am trying! :)
    2. drink water :)
    3. log all food :)
    4. fish fry tonite - so only eat 2 pieces :):) Actually only ate 1 1/5 pieces

Last nite was my 3rd nite of closing the kitchen. I had my bowl of cherries, and got my glass of ice water. My daughter came out with one of those huge cupcakes, but I just told her I was "full", so she ate it all. But boy, after she left, it was as if I wanted to "reward" myself with food because I didn't eat the cupcake. I walked in the kitchen like 3 times wanting to grab some walnuts, popcorn, protein bar, or something, but I didn't!! So for me, this was a NSV. Even when these would be considered "healthy" snacks, they are still calories. I know this is when I get into trouble.

So JFT, Saturday
    1. CLose the kitchen after dinner, except for ONE planned, small snack. Going on DAY FOUR!!! My goal, is to do this 7 days in a row, and keep on adding days, hoping I can break this awful habit!
    2. log all food
    3. concentrate on water
    4. finish sewing on quilt
    5. mow the grass
    6. I didn't get to the gym, so hoping I can get in a long bike ride, or a walk. It is beautiful out today - finally out of the extreme heat wave we have had
    7. lay out gym clothes for tomorrow
    8. do laundry
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Haha
    @joan6630
    All you needed to complete your post on your NSV was "And that is how it's done people!"
  • MLHC1
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    7/29 Saturday JFT:

It's going to be an ALL day Physics Focused day!

✔Coffee with Husband
    ✔Brunch with family
    ✔Manage Saturday chores
    ✔Physics HW and Online HW (Ch. 27)
    ✔Physics HW and Online HW (Ch. 28)(1/3done)
    ❌Physics Lab HW
    ❌Run on elliptical
    ✔Dinner by 8pm
    ✔Bedtime by midnight

Stopped the productivity early and decided to enjoy a nice girly movie and some quiet time this evening. :)
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    Late logging in today.
    Recap F 7/28 - It's finally Friday!
    1) Day of rest from dog walk, nice to sleep in a little = sad dog, although she sleeps in w/ us too. Move hourly - just found the new Hourly Activity tracker on Fitbit, really shows me how sedentary I can get during the work day if I don't make an effort. = Set hourly reminders to move during work day and I did. :)
    2) Stick w/ prelogged food & plan dinner to keep calories green = Green :smiley:
    3) Evening, deadhead roses and weed some of berm. Loving that we have several consecutive days w/ no rain! According to last night's weatherman, the first week of May was the last time we had 4 days w/o rain. No wonder I've been so sick of dreary summer weather! = Deadheaded and weeded roses 45 min then weeded most of north end of berm for 45 min. Grimey and sticky but so glad at my progress. :)
    4) Bedtime by 11:00 / farmers market no later than 7:30 a.m. = Late supper after weeding then dozed off on couch / not sure when I went to bed. :)

Sat. 7/29
    1) Farmers market not as early as I like & parking a lot worse at 8:30, still able to get most of what I wanted. :)
    2) Walked dog 3.58 miles on gorgeous morning, saw 3 turkeys in woods. Very happy dog :smiley:B)
    3) Washed sheets and towels / line dried. :smile:
    4) Finished weeding north berm and made good progress on south end. Boy, the weather has been great for weeds. Meanwhile hubby trimmed front bushes. Then we loaded up containers and took load to yard waste place. :)
    5) Spent rest of afternoon on patio playing Rummikub with hubby. <3:smiley:

JFT Sunday 7/30
    1) Church 9:00
    2) Walk dog
    3) Spend time with hubby
    4) No bedtime goal bc I'm off next 3 days = wahoo!
  • Bex953172
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Unfortunately, the days of Zoodles are over for me (big no no from the baby, even the thought makes me want to vom... how strange)
    Anyway

Welcome to suggestions for alternatives?
    Because I've just started eating potatos and pasta etc.

P.S. Zoodles is the US term because they call the vegetable a zucchini. I recently found out the UK term, because we call it a courgette.... COURGETTI!!
  • thazenwilliams
    thazenwilliams Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Just for today.

1. log all food, and don't cheat myself
    2. Don't drink wine
    3. plan for a workout tomorrow