Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    7/26 Wednesday JFT:

Awake at 4:15 am
    8 am Physics Exam

How do you manage this pace?!? I would die. Good luck on your exam!

Lol :D ⬆️ This is not easy to do which is why my weight fluctuates. I'm not saying it is an excuse, I'm just saying sometimes I struggle with maintaining strictly low calorie days. High protein, fruit and caffeine are what fuels my days like this. Not much longer though, I graduate Dec. 2018. So this is just a season of caious my life ;)

@cschmitz110515 Thank you for sending luck my way :smile:

Finding this thread and having a support system has been a huge blessing for maintaining control of my health, so for this......I thank you ALL for being there!!!! Reading your JFT and comments are encouraging :)
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    joan6630 wrote: »

So my day was OK until around 9pm. I should just go to bed - but I am not tired. I do so well all day long; I work out like crazy; only to eat in the evenings.

so ..... back to starting over. I am GOING to make this a goal, and hope to stick with it for 7 days.

Come on you can do this!
    Just 7 days! Take one day at a time and every day is an even bigger achievement.

Maybe make a response card or even just a note saying "DONT DO IT! Remember your goal!!" And stick it on the fridge or somewhere where you can't miss it when you go in the kitchen!

It's only 7 days!
    Haha your diet coach is back ;)

THANKS DIET COACH!!!! I need that today :) Hope you are feeling better - and the morning sickness is gone :)
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    So the last two days have been a total fail! I didn't even log anything yesterday. Just went about mindlessly eating. I can't do that anymore! I've managed to maintain my weight around 169-170 but I'm back to where I was with not losing but that's because it's been so hot out that I haven't had the motivation to go walking or anything. I guess I just lost all motivation. I dont really even know why. Things aren't as stressful as they have been recently. I have a new budget system that will take effect next Friday so once we get that in place and working things should ease finance wise. And of course, the DH tells me he wants to eat healthier and I come up with all of these great ideas about what I can do to replace the insane amounts of cold cut sandwiches and wraps he eats and then never actually went through with prepping any of the food. I just feel so lethargic recently. I know I need to get my butt moving! I'm going to go to the downtown section of the town next to me and walk around today since it's pretty nice and I can play my game while I'm walking around. There are so many things I have to do today and it's my last day off until Sunday(which I know isn't all that long Lol). I'm sorry I'm complaining. I just dont know what is wrong with me!

But Just for the rest of Today!

1. Log all food
    2. Do laundry
    3. Dishes
    4. Go to Walmart for meds and food
    5. Prep salads(chicken, tuna, egg)
    6. Go for walk in Downtown
    7. Take out trash
    8. Wind down by 11
    9. Bed by 12

Lots of wifey things to do today! As much as I wish I could lounge around and read all day, I know that I have to get this stuff done, not only for the DH but for my own peace of mind as well! No more lazing about!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options

JFT W 7/26 Hump Day

:smirk: is... is this what I think it is? :lol:
  • Bex953172
    Options

So my day was OK until around 9pm. I should just go to bed - but I am not tired. I do so well all day long; I work out like crazy; only to eat in the evenings.

so ..... back to starting over. I am GOING to make this a goal, and hope to stick with it for 7 days.

Come on you can do this!
    Just 7 days! Take one day at a time and every day is an even bigger achievement.

Maybe make a response card or even just a note saying "DONT DO IT! Remember your goal!!" And stick it on the fridge or somewhere where you can't miss it when you go in the kitchen!

It's only 7 days!
    Haha your diet coach is back ;)

THANKS DIET COACH!!!! I need that today :) Hope you are feeling better - and the morning sickness is gone :)

Yeah pretty much gone!
    I've found if I don't eat regularly I'll feel sick. But once I get it down I'm alright after about 10-15 mins.
    Just annoying when I'm turning my nose up at most things! I turned my nose up at a chocolate muffin yesterday.
    And then this morning my 3 yo ate it whilst I went for a wee. I was infuriated with her lol!

Getting some ginger biscuits tonorrow for the morning as ginger helps with nausea apparently!

After morning sickness comes acid reflux so looking forward to that coming up soon :sweat_smile:
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    JFT W 7/26 Hump Day
    :smirk: is... is this what I think it is? :lol:

Probably not. ;) In the US, Wednesday is the midpoint of a typical work week (assuming Mon - Fri), also known as hump day. One thing with MFP, people from all over the globe can participate, and it's interesting to read slang from another country. Sometimes, I have no idea what you're saying in the UK, and I google! :p
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    So you have probably never seen this @Bex953172 :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2s0RPrdB_8
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Haha I think with the combined comment of "time off with the husband" made it all more suggestive haha!! You could have a hump day on hump day :lol:!!

Haha i never thought you'd have to look up anything I say!
    You must let me know when I say something which is bizarre to you!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    I've just been to the shop to buy some branston pickle (I hope you USers know what I'm on about)
    ANYWAY! I forgot to buy white bread, I come back there's only brown bread at home... then there's only one slice. THEN just as I'm about to make my cheese and pickle sandwich I see it, right in the corner hiding, MOULD.
    I took a deep breath, got a new bread out the freezer, normally I can prise a peice off and defrost it in the toaster. But because I crammed it in there it's all solidly stuck together.
    I have no sandwich.

I hate everyone and everything.
  • MLHC1
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I took a deep breath, got a new bread out the freezer, normally I can prise a peice off and defrost it in the toaster. But because I crammed it in there it's all solidly stuck together.
    I have no sandwich.

Stick the bread in the microwave for 30 second intervals and rotate every 30 seconds until the bread is defrosted.
  • Bex953172
    Options
    I have no sandwich.

Stick the bread in the microwave for 30 second intervals and rotate every 30 seconds until the bread is defrosted.

I don't have a microwave :scream:
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I have no sandwich.

I don't have a microwave :scream:

Poor @Bex953172 That's terrible! Just take a few more of those deep calming breaths! Leave the bread on the counter to thaw so you can have your sandwich tomorrow!

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options

OH MY GOD!!! Laughing so hard at this!
  • MLHC1
    Options
    7/26 Wednesday JFT:

✔Awake at 4:15 am
    ✔Rework Physics Questions
    ✔High calorie breakfast
    ✔Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!!
    ✔8 am Physics Exam
    ✔Attend classes
    ✔After classes, pick up groceries for dinner
    ✔Also, got my Jeep oil changed and state inspection / registration done :D
    ✔Home by 5pm
    ❌Dinner by 7pm➡️8:30 (chit-chatted with people on phone and ran late with dinner)
    ❌Physics Online HW (Ch.27)
    ✔Bedtime by 11pm. :):)

I'm exhausted and excited to go straight to bed for a change. My homework will still be there tomorrow, lol :D

• bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's goals:

- 1 hour walking :)
    - 3 x 5 stair climbs :)
    - Do recovery exercises 3 times :)
    - Eat 5+ portions of fruit and veg :)
    - Drink 2 litres water + 2 cups peppermint tea :)
    - Read one chapter of BE book :| No but I read it this morning!
    - Start new fiction book :/ Read a trashy magazine instead. It was good!
    - Watch film :/ Ran out of time - will watch it this evening!
    - Sort out tax... :| Had a mammoth session with my mum and worked through it all. Unfortunately the conclusion was that I'm going to have to do my first ever tax return. Gaaah! And also need some extra info from pension company. So not all done. Being an adult sucks sometimes!!
    - Blitz emails :| Did a lot but not quite there - will finish today!

Today's goals:

- 1 hour walking
    - 3 x 5 stair climbs
    - Do recovery exercises 3 times
    - Eat 5+ portions of fruit and veg
    - Drink 2 litres water + 2 cups peppermint tea

- Read 1+ chapter of BE book
    - Ring pension company
    - Register for tax return (doh)
    - Finish emails

- Start new fiction book
    - Watch film
    - Ring boyfriend!
  • MLHC1
    Options
    7/27 Thursday JFT:

Attend class
    Tutoring
    Physics HW and Online HW
    Physics Lab HW
    Maybe run on elliptical or go to Jiu Jitsu class
    Dinner by 8 pm
    Bedtime by midnight

Feeling a little discouraged this morning :(
  • Bex953172
    Options
    7/27 Thursday JFT:

Attend class
    Tutoring
    Physics HW and Online HW
    Physics Lab HW
    Maybe run on elliptical or go to Jiu Jitsu class
    Dinner by 8 pm
    Bedtime by midnight

Feeling a little discouraged this morning :(

Just do your best!
    Sounds like a lot to do!!
    Give yourself some credit :)
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I'm being lazy this morning and taking the time to write my goals before going to work. I'm tired and I need to focus on me to decrease the stress so I can keep going at this pace, if that makes sense? (I'm on first cup of coffee...). So I"m going to focus on being honest with logging my food, every bite, rather than staying in the green. Once I see my pattern in writing, I will start working on weaning out certain snacks to staying in the green.

Just for Thursday:
    * Log every bite
    * Hydrate 64+ oz
    * Approach life with a positive outlook
    * Put a smile in my voice today
    * Put my head down and power through
    * Try to finish LPs for Wound providers today
    * Take 15 minutes for Daily Dialog today
    * Take 3 separate moments to address body, mind and spirit
    * Be grateful for another day!

Have a fantastic day everyone!
  • RonFrances8
    RonFrances8 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    *trying to find my place in MFP that works and meets my needs
    *did MFP for months a few years ago and had great support, wishing I could connect with those friends, need new buddies , please add me if looking too!
    *today want to bike my 3 miles before the rain ( going soon). This is second week of biking this summer, it's been too hot to walk, enjoying 3 miles each day
    *staying happy and positive, turning the lemons into lemonade
    *Stay with my calorie goals and log