Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Goals for Friday

- eat as I have been doing (pretty badly) but LOG. Let's see what I'm dealing with here :sweat_smile:
    - Drink more water if I can but less past 7pm.
    - Remember to take my meds!
    - Try find "pregnancy safe" workout vids *yawn*
    - Think of a decent goal to set my sights on!!!

Shouldn't just about any workout be safe at this point in your pregnancy?
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Goals for Friday

- eat as I have been doing (pretty badly) but LOG. Let's see what I'm dealing with here :sweat_smile:
    - Drink more water if I can but less past 7pm.
    - Remember to take my meds!
    - Try find "pregnancy safe" workout vids *yawn*
    - Think of a decent goal to set my sights on!!!

Shouldn't just about any workout be safe at this point in your pregnancy?

Yeah maybe, I get a bit anxious about jumping about though! My exercises are pretty energetic!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    I had to stay home from work sick today. I think the stress is catching up with me. I can hardly keep my eyes open today and I feel like I am crashing. So, this is not good because this will put me behind a whole additional day.

Hoping for a much better day for you tomorrow! Take good care of yourself - that is the most important thing!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    JFT, Thursday
    1. get to the gym :) Already did this, and tomorrow, I am getting one free hour with a personal trainer. I already told him I can't afford a trainer, but he said it would be free, so why not :)
    2. today is my 66 birthday. Start it out eating healthy, and keep to my goals of no or only planned snacking in the evening :/
    3. eat smart when we go out to eat :/:/ We ended up going to a mexican place, with margarita, chicken chimigiana, and then dairy queen later. So, not the best day food wise. But ... I logged (or estimated) all I ate, and came up with almost 2100 calories! YIKES!! Tomorrow is a new day though
    4. enjoy the day with hubby of 40 years. I have had 44 birthdays with him - and again tonite, while I was out with my friend, came home to a dozen red roses. Yes, I am very blessed! :) A wonderful day with hubby. Daughter came out later, and we went for ice cream. And topped off by a wonderful call from my son. I am so very blessed.
    5. CLose kitchen off tonite. We are going out to eat - so no reason for snacking tonite! :/ Well --- what can I say!

JFT, Friday
    1. go to the gym in the morning
    2. session with personal trainer in the afternoon, for a free assessment! Yikes! Not sure why I signed up for this, other than it is free, and maybe he can give me pointers on increasing my metabolism!
    3. close the kitchen after dinner, except for a PLANNED snack
    4. drink water

• bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    JFT, Thursday

2. today is my 66 birthday. Start it out eating healthy, and keep to my goals of no or only planned snacking in the evening :/
    3. eat smart when we go out to eat :/:/ We ended up going to a mexican place, with margarita, chicken chimigiana, and then dairy queen later. So, not the best day food wise. But ... I logged (or estimated) all I ate, and came up with almost 2100 calories! YIKES!! Tomorrow is a new day though

You know, if any day is ok to over indulge on, it's your birthday.... don't worry about it! Birthdays are about indulging yourself... One day won't make a difference! :):)

The main thing is to get back on track the next day! (Which can sometimes be challenging when there is leftover food around, but as you went out to eat sounds like that won't be a problem!)

Happy birthday! :D

• bookmeister86
    Options
    Again was probably slightly ambitious with my list - it's amazing how time flies!

Yesterday's goals -

- 45 min walk + 2 short walks round the block :)
    - Do recovery exercises 3 times :)
    - Eat 5+ portions of fruit and veg :)
    - Drink 2 litres water + 2 cups peppermint tea :)
    - No unhealthy snacks! :/ I had two chocolate teacakes (200 calories total). I think I will start allowing myself one of these per day; recovery is depressing without a little bit of sugar!
    - Cross 1 thing off to-do list :/ Ran out of time
    - Sort through 'social' emails in inbox :) YES and came up with lots of useful career ideas by doing so
    - Do one module of perfectionism online course :)
    - Spend some time reading :)
    - Spend some time watching OITNB! :)
    - Meditate :/ I think I just couldn't be bothered with this. I'll take it off the list until I'm back at home (I'm at my mum's right now)

Today's goals -

- 50 min walk
    - 2 short walks round the block
    - 3 x 5 stair climbs
    - Do recovery exercises 3 times
    - Eat 5+ portions of fruit and veg
    - Drink 2 litres water + 2 cups peppermint tea
    - One 100kcal unhealthy snack only!

- Cross 1+ thing off to-do list
    - Read chapter of behavioural economics book
    - Do one module of perfectionism online course
    - Spend some time reading other book
    - Spend some time watching OITNB!
  • skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    @OConnell5483 I am so sorry about you being stressed and going through family drama. I think it is a sign of a lot of strength (I would not have) that you still set goals.
    I have been through being sick from stress before, and I realized it is at least a good thing that it makes you realize you need a break/change.
    Please focus on getting better today!
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    junodog1 wrote: »
    Yesterday's JFT
    :) Take lunch. Close the door or leave the office area
    :'( No refined carbs day 3 of 4 Broke down about 7 pm last night and ate some delicious Pita chips. I was alone at work and it was better than eating the chocolate. Also high fiber and I did stay in green for the day.
    :) 5 veggie/fruit Fruit is harder then veg for me
    :| Track Water - keeping this on here because it's important in the heat of summer
    o:) Week3 Day 2 C25K This was almost a frowney face because I worked late and it was raining. But I got up early this morning and did the session so I can stay on track.
    :| ID old invoices to clear FY AP - Yup, working on
    :| Write up 2003 open check affair - Yup, working on - hey if it was easy they would not still be out there from 2003.
    :o Put one thing from my closet in the donate box - I did this. It is so frustrating to have these hoarder tendencies. I can empathize with many of the people on the TV shows, the one who go all to pieces when someone else is throwing their stuff away, or can't bear to get rid of an item that they got 20 years ago. I see a lot of that in me. Then I look around my house and say "Hey, compared to that disaster this is spotless!" Thank goodness I don't have cable anymore and can't binge watch that stuff.

07-20-2017 Just For Today
    Bed by 11:00
    5 veggie fruit
    No refined carbs day 3 of 4
    Track Water 64+ oz
    Beater Video again
    Put two things from my closet in the donate box

Junodog1, I can relate! I have to admit I feel like a hoarder too until I compare myself to the TV show! I think I watch it to keep myself in check. For me, it's about control which also shows up in other areas of my life (hmmm-eating).
    Sara
  • Saragirl2
    Options

Beach Day! Also, a bathing suit day :neutral:
    Focus on building sand castles, finding crabs & applying sunscreen.
    Packed a healthy lunch.
    Pretracked part of the day.
    Walk dog 30 mins.
    Meditate with Calm app.
    Listen to one of Cookie Rosenblum's podcasts.
    Start planning trip to Canada.
    Early to bed. 9:30.

Try to live today as if I were at my goal weight. Not dwelling on how I wish I were 60lbs lighter.

• junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    Saragirl2 wrote: »
    Beach Day! Also, a bathing suit day :neutral:
    Focus on building sand castles, finding crabs & applying sunscreen.
    Packed a healthy lunch.
    Pretracked part of the day.
    Walk dog 30 mins.
    Meditate with Calm app.
    Listen to one of Cookie Rosenblum's podcasts.

Try to live today as if I were at my goal weight. Not dwelling on how I wish I were 60lbs lighter.

I want your day.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    junodog1 wrote: »
    Yesterday
    :) Bed by 11:00 7.5 hours sleep last night. <3
    :) 5 veggie fruit - banana, 3 serv carrots, asparagus, onion, lettuce
    :) No refined carbs day 3 of 4
    :* Track Water 64+ oz
    :( Beater Video again
    :) Put two things from my closet in the donate box

I'm off today. The last of our four day workweeks. I will miss this. Maybe I'll take next Friday off.

Came home last night to the sweet sight of the garage door going up. My uber husband finished installing the whole thing by himself. Life is good. So my crises have brought two items to a close on the big list of projects. Both the well and the garage door were due do-overs. I just prefer to schedule these things, especially with the checkbook. The termite issue resolution will bring with it some needed house maintenance of the siding and painting the house is overdue. There is a silver lining. ** laughing hysterically ** Now the foundation settling problem.....

07-21-2017 Just For Today
    Vacuum
    Mow pasture
    Find title for horse trailer
    Beater Video
    10K plus steps
    Defrost Ham - you know so I can drive my sodium up for the week
    No refined carbs day 4/4 BTW - this is hard
    5 Books in the donation box
    Bed by 11:30
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    Recap 7/20 R - it's almost Friday!
    1) Walked dog 3.09 miles before work / surprised mama turkey and 10 or 12 babies trying to cross road. Some babies had strong sense of self-preservation, or fear, and ran back into ditch and brush. Then rest of babies decided to fly (!) into cover. Forcing mama to eventually fly (!) into cover after babies. Good b/c I did not want an angry mama turkey after me and dog - turkeys are mean! :smiley:
    2) All meals / snacks prelogged today / stick with plan and keep net calories green (tomorrow will be another dining challenge) = 120 green! :smiley:
    3) Afternoon mindful breathing = I really like the Calm app :smiley:
    4) Unwind 9:30 / bedtime 10:15 & TV off = In bed and everything off 10:02 :smiley:

JFT 7/21 TGIF - Dining challenge du jour is lunch w/ 6 former coworkers from my old, long-time dept. Really, only 3 of them need to be there for me to be happy. :wink:
    1) Walked dog 3.09 miles before work & saw 2 bunnies :smiley: Very humid & dripping when I got home :'(
    2) Preview café menu...I love this place, lots of great choices! Choose healthy option.
    3) Keep net calories in green
    4) Pick up Packers 5K race packet at Lambeau Field. It's going to be another warm & very humid a.m. Forecast for 71F + 70DP at start = yuck!. Still shooting for < 48 min. but with humidity I'll be happy with 50.
    4) Bedtime 10:15 b/c 5K starts 8 a.m. Sat.

Please be kind to yourselves, everyone! You are special.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Recap 7/20 R - it's almost Friday!
    1) Walked dog 3.09 miles before work / surprised mama turkey and 10 or 12 babies trying to cross road. Some babies had strong sense of self-preservation, or fear, and ran back into ditch and brush. Then rest of babies decided to fly (!) into cover. Forcing mama to eventually fly (!) into cover after babies. Good b/c I did not want an angry mama turkey after me and dog - turkeys are mean! :smiley:

This is so cute!! We have wild turkeys in our backyard at times, but I have never seen the babies! Yes, you certainly don't want a angry mama turkey after you --- but at least you had your dog with you to protect you :)
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Saragirl2 wrote: »

This is a excellent way of thinking!!! That is what I am trying to do also. I increased my calories to what I would be at "maintenance", which was around 1500-1600 calories. It made me realize how much over I actually have been. But you have the right attitude. THis is a lifestyle change, and even when we get to goal, we still need to always eat the way we did to lose the weight!
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    7/21 Friday JFT:

✔Only got 4 hrs of sleep last night :(
    ✔Attend class
    ✔Brunch with my husband
    ✔Tutoring
    ✔Took a 2 hr nap
    ✔Consumed a ridiculous amount of calories :(
    ✔Dinner by 9 pm (husband working late)
    (In progress)-->Physics HW and online HW
    (In progress)-->Physics Exam Prep
    (We'll see)-->Bedtime by midnight

Rough day, at least I stayed true and logged everything I consumed. Other than that, I really did not succeed today :(
  • bookmeister86
    Options
    Yesterday's goals -

- 50 min walk :)
    - 2 short walks round the block :| Just one as my mum went out before I could do the second. I'm still cautious about going out on my own after the op
    - 3 x 5 stair climbs :)
    - Do recovery exercises 3 times :)
    - Eat 5+ portions of fruit and veg :)
    - Drink 2 litres water + 2 cups peppermint tea :)
    - One 100kcal unhealthy snack only! :| I did only have one, but I also cheated and had an extra 100kcal yoghurt....
    - Cross 1+ thing off to-do list :/ Nothing. Partly time, but also didn't want to! Think I might re elevaluate this list next week and remove anything I don't absolutely NEED to do. I'm supposed to be relaxing after all!
    - Read chapter of behavioural economics book :)
    - Do one module of perfectionism online course :)
    - Spend some time reading other book :/ ran out of time
    - Spend some time watching OITNB! :) Finished the series! Happy with that achievement...

Boyfriend is visiting this weekend so going to restrict goals to health rather than trying to do loads of 'stuff'.

Today's goals -

- 1 hour walking
    - 3 x 5 stair climbs
    - Do recovery exercises 3 times
    - Eat 5+ portions of fruit and veg
    - Drink 2 litres water + 2 cups peppermint tea
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    @OConnell5483 Sorry to hear you are so stressed - completely understandable given all the pressure you're under! Is there really no way of re-negotiating any of the deadlines you're under? It sounds like it's having an impact on your health, which isn't something you should have to put up with...

If not: My best tips are (1) Spare a little time each day for things that make you happy/sane. It may feel like you don't have time for them, but it's likely you'll find that if you do them, you'll be more productive and efficient which will more than recover the time! (2) Challenge unhelpful thoughts whenever you can. I could write lots on this as it's what the entire field of CBT is based on, but essentially it's about identifying 'unhelpful thinking' - such as assuming worst case scenario - and asking yourself 'is this accurate'? (3) Visualise happy things - such as getting to the end of the projects!!! (Blank out the bit in the middle...)

I hope that helps a little.... thinking of you and sending good wishes your way!

Thanks for the tips and for the good wishes! Unfortunately, I cannot move deadlines. I work for a healthcare system that spans 2 (maybe 3 soon) states and my job is to teach the clinical staff how to use the software we implement for them. We have hundreds of people who build each of the modules of the system, but only about 10 of us to train it. We also train the new providers, nurses, etc., who get hired on a routine basis. They have decided to do three go-lives of implementing the software in two different states all on the same date, and they all have a different build. So we need different classes for each site. So, my job is to create the training materials for several classes for both states, build our test/training environment to have patients in it that look real with many different "historical" visits with lots of medical data on them so they look "real" when we train, and a whole lot more that goes into it. We have had 5 trainers quit in the past month, so that puts even more responsibilities on me to cover. This is the most stressed I have ever been in this job. I've been with the company for 24 years this month. I think they just don't realize that although they have a lot of analysts to build the system, there are only a handful of us to support it. I know we will get through it, but it's very intense right now. And the whole team is tense so it's not a "happy" place of harmony right now. LOL!

I ended up calling in on friday also. I'm exhausted, still had a headache, sore throat, and I couldn't even read my emails. I agree with all of your tips. Thank you for reminding me! I need to find time to do the things that refresh me. I asked my husband to take me out in the boat today. I love being on the water. I know I should work, but I am not going to. It's the weekend. I do need to keep my facts straight and compare my unhelpful thoughts with the reality. Is my "story" true or am I exaggerating? Maybe I should get a week of vacation on the schedule somewhere to look forward to! Right now vacations are not being allowed, so... The hard part is that these go-lives are scheduled out for the next 3 years and I don't know that I have it in me... But one day at a time, right?
  • JnineGains
    JnineGains Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Im on an 8 day gtm streak! Feel free to add me! :)
  • Saragirl2
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Hi Everyone. I feel guilty not reading the posts but with my kids being home, it's busier than usual. I'm adjusting though.

Just sent husband & son off to a Boy Scout campout for the night. Daughter & I will join them all for supper & we're actually going to do a short hike to get to the site. I've already tracked my Bubba burger, etc since I shopped w/my son. 430 calories-crazy! I'll track the hike on Map My Walk app to see how far we are going. All level ground.

Pretracked most of the day.
    Walk dog 20 mins am & pm.
    Lift weights.
    Meditate with Calm app after lunch.
    Hike to campsite, supper & hike back before dark.
    Attempt to paint mudroom walls & ceiling.
    Refused to weigh myself this am on account of having Chinese food last night. Always retain water afterwards & it shows on the scale.

Have a great Saturday!