Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,522 Member
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    I have noticed several posting on the new thread I had started. I was going to just post here since we are all friends. But I noticed several new people posting. So .... even though it may be confusing ... I am just cutting and pasting my remarks there. Once I started the thread, I can't really delete it.

I saved the new thread in my favorites, but to keep things simple I will continue to post here...unless, of course, everyone else moves over to the new thread. :wink:
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    Thanks, everyone, for the compliments on my updated photo. I've been wanting to update for a while, but you know how it goes, just never gets done. I figured it was about time, the last one was 1 1/2 years ago!
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    For any of you that weigh yourself daily, I found the best thread. You give your weight for "just 10 days". For me, I like it because I used to always get so discouraged when my weight would go up and down. Here, you can see that for everyone, this happens, and it has helped me not get so discouraged.

Bex -- there is a lady on there that is also pregnant, so she posts her weight (she said her goal was to gain 1 pound a week).

Here is the link if anyone is interested.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10608096/just-give-me-10-days-round-20/p4

Thanks for the link, I just joined the challenge! I started weighing myself daily in April, and have been tracking my dailies in MFP Food Notes, but still only log my "official" Saturday weigh-ins. Daily weigh-ins really help me see cause and effect with net calories green vs. red, high sodium days, eating in restaurants, adult beverages, etc. I don't get freaked out as much by a jump on the scale now, since I know what I did to cause it, and what I can do to change it.
  • cschmitz110515
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Busy day ahead so posting late night before....
    Recap Friday = Vacation Day for me and hubby! Yay! First time in a year he has a paid vacation day. Not entirely sure of plans today, but gorgeous weather for a late fall day, we'll probably go to lakeshore or Door County once hubby wakes up. I'm up b/c phone rang at 8 a.m. (so much for sleeping in) and I'm used to being up by now. = We ended up driving to Door County, such a beautiful place! Had late lunch at a favorite restaurant, walked / sat on a local beach on a sunny 74F day (wow!), great road-trip test of hubby's new used vehicle, lots of time to talk and laugh together. Saw the most gorgeous sunset on drive homeward, too bad we didn't stop for photos. It was a great day! <3:smiley:<3

Recap F 10/20 Have a few goals....
    1) Take new passport to bank & get safe deposit box relocated, per their letter = This part of day wasn't so great: primary person to handle box relocation was on vacation, and staff was covering multiple areas, had no time to relocate my box. Rats!!! >:) Have to go back again (3rd try), next time with appt., will need personal time from work. Grrr. >:) At least I got new passport deposited :smiley: , but forgot to take check for deposit. :s Ack!
    2) Walk dog = 3.09 miles & happy dog :smiley:
    3) Call insurance company and ensure insurance coverage on new used vehicle = Another fail this morning. Couldn't talk to actual person, not sure what was going on. >:) Decided not to waste our vacation day getting mad about ins. co. & let it drop. :| Next week for sure. Fingers crossed.
    4) Net calories w/i 100 green, but will probably eat out / involve guestimates = Wonderful lunch, included Nutella stuffed chocolate cookie (amazing!). Light supper at local restaurant, but huge chocolate shake which I could not finish and passed to hubby. That has never happened before! Later tried guestimating food and logging, but so much variation, decided to skip logging for today. :p

JFT Sat. 10/21
    1) Farmers market (2nd to last of season :'( )
    2) Walk dog
    3) Yardwork: stuff into shed, planters, etc. while hubby mows
    4) Wash dishes
    5) Brother #1 (he's oldest of 3 brothers / I'm oldest of 5 siblings) coming at 5:00 / supper at home / prep for Sunday brunch before noon Packers game (brother & I going with friends)
  • brittk2013
    brittk2013 Posts: 141 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Yesterday:
    1. Stay on the food plan. You've done it all week so there's no reason to quit now. :( ended up eating about 500 calories over. At least I stayed within maintenance!
    2. Take some time to relax this evening after a busy day of work and this stupid exam. :)
    3. Do the gosh dang laundry that you should have done yesterday. :( oops!
    4. Finish above mentioned stupid exam so you can move on to your next classes :) submitted and moving on! I'm feeling pretty confident about it!

Today:
    1. Stick with my pre-logged food to make up for yesterday.
    2. Don't buy junk at the grocery store.
    3. 5000 steps.
    4. Get that laundry done.
    5. Start reading for school this week.
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I've enjoyed reading the posts and I want to respond/comment to so many (maybe later :smile: )

Inspiring to read that some of us are making gains on our goals!

Prep basement for arrival of washer - 4 loads of wash waiting to break it in.
    Morning chores before going to gym. Doing weight routine.
    Research kettle ball routines online.
    Drink water 9 CUPS- yes-back on track with this.
    I was hoping to make 198lbs by Sunday, not this time. Keep trying.
    Track meals today. Haven't planned weekend meals so I need to take care of that. We may go out for a date night for dinner (Anniversary/birthday) or maybe a movie.
    Be mindful about increasing protein. Helps me keep bingeing in check.
    Minimal volunteer work today. Sunday school project is priority.
    Listen to something inspirational.
    Journal.
    Meditate Calm App today.
    Get outside for some fresh autumn air, yard work & play w/DD.
    DH is working & taking son w/him so our house will be somewhat quiet.

@cschmitz110515 I love your pic too, beautiful smile!
    @joan6630 yes, a washer is no way to reward oneself ;), I also have to get back on the 5lb challenge.

Have a great Saturday!

• Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    @tretan glad you mentioned wearing the retainer in the evenings. Brushing my teeth in the evening will turn me off of mindless snacking. You've reminded me that I should get back into the habit.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,353 Member
    Options
    For the rest of Friday:
    1. Body Groove video ;) Started it. It appears I don't have the stamina to do the whole thing yet but it's a start!
    2. Drink 3 more bottles of water :)
    3. Make health choices tonight. Maybe just a healthy salad for dinner. :)
    4. Listen to the Calm app and meditate :) Not the Calm app, but a different one I found on YouTube that had imagery with it. Really pretty.
    5. Perform one random act of kindness today :)
    6. Leave work at 2:00 and take back some of my hours for this week. :( Left at 4:30 though, so it's better than most days!
    7. Read Simple Abundance and write in gratitude journal :)

Just for Saturday
    1. Make healthy food choices
    2. Drink 85 oz of water
    3. Stay away from grandson's birthday cake! (plan to eat before I go)
    4. Get outside on this beautiful fall day. 70 degrees and sunny!
    5. Body groove video: see if I can get further than yesterday; or else a walk outside. My knees will only let me do one or the other!
    6. Practice patience. I tend to be very irritable lately. It's not fair to my family.
    7. Listen to podcasts - Optimal Health Daily; Optimal Living Daily
    8. Make a list of healthy meals for next week and make grocery list for tomorrow
    9. One random act of kindness

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,107 Member
    Options
    Is it me or are weekends always quiet on here?

Clearly you all have fascinating lives haha .. unlike me..
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I hope this thread can continue, and also make it where others want to also join us. This is a thread of encouragement, motivation, and to me, the best group of friends. I don't think anyone ever intends to hurt someone else. We all have different backgrounds, experiences, etc., and it is hard to know what might be a soft, sensitive issue for some. But I am truly hoping, that from here on, we can get past all that.
    I consider all of you friends, and hope that you all stay. I also hope, that with good dialogue and motivation on here, we can attract others as well, to help others change those bad habits into good habits.
    I am so very sorry for anyone that was offended by anything on this thread - that was never anyone's intent.

Hi all,
    This is the first time I've actually posted on here. Mostly because I didn't want to jump in on the list thing. Most of my lists don't have a lot to do with food or health things and didn't think they would fit.
    I just wanted to say I really appreciate the support you all give to each other. I never have a lot I figure would be useful to add so I just be quiet. At any rate, there are places for all sorts of support threads, friendship/emotional and list/task.
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »

Ha! If you could see the boring weekends I have, Bex, you'd laugh! You know where I just was with my husband? The TREE DUMP! Well, that's what we call it anyway. It's where people in our city bring grass clippings, leaves, branches and yard waste and dump it. It's a pretty fascinating place! BAHAHAHA! :mrgreen:
  • brittk2013
    brittk2013 Posts: 141 Member
    Options

Grocery shopping and a toddler birthday party are definitely not fascinating. Nor is accounting homework as evidenced by me almost falling asleep reading for it. I'd rather be perusing the forums, but that gosh dang laundry is dry and won't told itself yet.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »

Hi all,
    This is the first time I've actually posted on here. Mostly because I didn't want to jump in on the list thing. Most of my lists don't have a lot to do with food or health things and didn't think they would fit.
    I just wanted to say I really appreciate the support you all give to each other. I never have a lot I figure would be useful to add so I just be quiet. At any rate, there are places for all sorts of support threads, friendship/emotional and list/task.

Nice of you to post - but anytime you want to join us, you are more than welcome. This is the most supportive group of people on here -- all of them I consider friends. Many of these posters have been with me since I first started a thread called "just for today" - which was almost 3 years ago!!! (Yes, that is how long I have been trying to lose weight :s ). Many of us, including myself, also post daily tasks we want to get done - and that is also perfectly OK. Losing weight, and getting healthy, is about controlling our entire lives - not just what we eat. It is also about our emotional health (which is why many post to do gratitude journals, listen to a calm app), it is about controlling our life events, such as a workplace, children.
    But these people on here all truly care for each other, and anyone that joins. I don't think any of us want to leave this thread, which I am so happy about, because I would miss anyone that does leave. But ... if you ever decide to post .... we welcome anyone that wants to join!

@Bex953172 --- Can't say my life is all that exciting r ---- but -- I love being outside, so most weekends, if the weather is nice - I will be outside! Today ..... transplanting mum plants into the ground before the rain gets here, and going for a long walk!
  • PrincesseAly23
    PrincesseAly23 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    For the rest of Friday:
    1. Body Groove video ;) Started it. It appears I don't have the stamina to do the whole thing yet but it's a start!
    2. Drink 3 more bottles of water :)
    3. Make health choices tonight. Maybe just a healthy salad for dinner. :)
    4. Listen to the Calm app and meditate :) Not the Calm app, but a different one I found on YouTube that had imagery with it. Really pretty.
    5. Perform one random act of kindness today :)
    6. Leave work at 2:00 and take back some of my hours for this week. :( Left at 4:30 though, so it's better than most days!
    7. Read Simple Abundance and write in gratitude journal :)

Just for Saturday
    1. Make healthy food choices
    2. Drink 85 oz of water
    3. Stay away from grandson's birthday cake! (plan to eat before I go)
    4. Get outside on this beautiful fall day. 70 degrees and sunny!
    5. Body groove video: see if I can get further than yesterday; or else a walk outside. My knees will only let me do one or the other!
    6. Practice patience. I tend to be very irritable lately. It's not fair to my family.
    7. Listen to podcasts - Optimal Health Daily; Optimal Living Daily
    8. Make a list of healthy meals for next week and make grocery list for tomorrow
    9. One random act of kindness

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!

What was your random act of kindness? I love that as an idea! Every once in a while I'll buy someone's coffee behind me at the drive through. It feels good to do something surprising and kind for someone else.
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    What was your random act of kindness? I love that as an idea! Every once in a while I'll buy someone's coffee behind me at the drive through. It feels good to do something surprising and kind for someone else.

Nothing spectacular! I gave a little girl at a craft show a few dollars to put toward a fund she is raising to help hurricane victims; surprised a friend with a homemade item that I knew she had been wanting; told a stranger how pretty she looked in the color blue she was wearing and how striking it was with her dark hair (she was really smiling, so it was really cool!) and held a door open for a woman who had her arms full. :)
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    JFT, Saturday 10/21
    1. log all food :/
    2. concentrate on water - 2 glasses with each meal :/
    3. plan menus :)
    4. go to the grocery store :)
    5. go to the gym :)

Not the best day food wise again! I have to be SO careful not to give into snacking in the evenings -- tonite, I ate THREE fudge bars --- And more chocolate covered almonds, and got into the halloween candy! The only good thing is that the fudge bars were Sugar free, but not the almonds and candy -- but, I did stop with 4 of the little miniature candies - at least I didn't finish the entire bag!!! but it is the uncontrollable eating that I don't want to start again. So .... I now have my glass of water to turn this around. And this is something I have to continue to work hard on -- drinking water in the evening, and only eat what I had planned.

SO JFT, Sunday
    1. Get to the gym
    2. log ALL food
    3. drink water - 2 glasses with each meal
    4. eat planned meals - no skipping meals just because it is the weekend. Thats when I get into trouble
    5. get back on here tomorrow - and be accountable
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,107 Member
    Options
    It’s 4.15 am here!
    I’m so hungry lol! I’m making soup!

I hope this isn’t where my middle of the night pregnancy snacks start!
    Feel like I don’t get enough sleep as it is. But if I don’t eat I won’t sleep. Got rumblies in my tum!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    It’s 4.15 am here!
    I’m so hungry lol! I’m making soup!

I hope this isn’t where my middle of the night pregnancy snacks start!
    Feel like I don’t get enough sleep as it is. But if I don’t eat I won’t sleep. Got rumblies in my tum!

I was thinking it must be awfully early there!!! It's 10:18 p.m. here! I'm just getting ready to go to bed! :blush: