Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Just for today: (weight has been drifting upwards, so time to refocus)
    This list will be short.
    Stay in the green.
    Exercise at least 15 minutes.
    Prepare for organ lesson.
    Fix birthday gift for friend.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,522 Member
    Options
    Recap R 10/19 = Non-dog walk day AND food day in office. Ack!!!
    1) Don't eat everything possible for "graze day", lots and lots of carbs. Guestimate & log everything. = Not too bad with the office food day, I didn't even sample everything b/c some didn't appeal to me and/or I realized the calories, which wasn't worth it! In the past, I would have eaten one of everything b/c you know, free food. Net calories red 247. :/ If it had been dog walk day.... :p
    2) Move hourly & take stairs breaks = Fitbit 250+ steps 13/14 hours & 30 floors :smiley:
    3) Make grocery list before choir, with or without meal plan, we need milk & other stuff = Finished list w/o meal plan :/
    4) Grocery shop after choir = Shopping done, at least we have the essentials :smile:
    5) No internet 9:30 / bedtime flexible (I have Friday off work, hopefully coordinate w/ hubby's day off, which has not yet been approved) = Fail. Messaged friend about her misdirected shipment to our house finally being retrieved by shipper. Tried to figure out insurance claim for hubby's old vehicle (someone keyed both sides if his 2000 SUV from bumper to bumper >:) ) and whether new used SUV now has coverage. Apparently application is stuck in limbo somewhere. Sometimes online is worse than the old fashioned way in person. Messaged hubby at work a bunch. Stress kept me wide awake, then I decided to stay up until hubby got home at 12:30. I was dozing on couch, with Kitty sleeping on me, and dog sleeping next to us. But all 3 awake once hubby walked thru door. So glad I did, usually I'm sound asleep. :D

Friday = Vacation Day for me and hubby! Yay! First time in a year he has a paid vacation day. :smiley: Not entirely sure of plans today, but gorgeous weather for a late fall day, we'll probably go to lakeshore or Door County once hubby wakes up. I'm up b/c phone rang at 8 a.m. (so much for sleeping in) and I'm used to being up by now. Have a few goals for today....

JFT 10/20
    1) Take new passport to bank & get safe deposit box relocated, per their letter
    2) Walk dog
    3) Call insurance company and ensure insurance coverage on new used vehicle
    4) Net calories w/i 100 green, but will probably eat out / involve guestimates

Have a blessed day everyone!
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    @cschmitz110515 Oooh, I love the new picture. The old one was good, but I swear in miniaturized form it looked cartoon-ish. Of course I do need reading glasses.

@PrincesseAly23 Big congrats on 189!

@skymningen - It would be so much easier for me to have wine if I had someone to drink it with. My housemate, dear husband, does not drink wine so when I open a bottle it often sits too long. We don't socialize with the neighbors much; we live in the country and cannot just pop over next door. And my closest neighbors brew beer - they are definately nor wine drinkers. I need to come help you with yours.

@joan6630 Two positives - One you counted. Two there are a lot of worse things to eat. Almonds and chocolate are both good in moderation.

@Saragirl2 I love appliances - just like I love my vacuum. Tell us what you get!
  • brittk2013
    brittk2013 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »

Nice one!

I’ve never had too little calories that I could treat myself! :sweat_smile: you’ve got some nice achievable goals!
    How many lbs are you hoping to lose :)

Overall, 33.9 is the plan, but I'll adjust accordingly once I get around there depending on how I feel. I'm at 173.9 and am working towards 140. I break everything down into 5 pound increments and celebrate each time I get into a new 5 pound range with a treat for myself. Once I get under 170, I get to register for a 5k. :)
  • brittk2013
    Options
    Yesterday:
    1. Stick with plan and exercise enough to get it back in the green. :) ended up with 179 calories extra
    2. 5000 steps. :) 5285
    3. Don't be late for daycare dropoff because you procrastinate in the mornings. :) we were actually early!
    4. Get the house cleaned up for your 11:30 meeting. :) and it smelled like sugar cookies
    5. Go for a walk this evening. :( this didn't happen. My final exam was released yesterday and is stupid long and due by Sunday so I made dinner, worked on that, and played with my kiddo. Still a good evening.

Today:
    1. Stay on the food plan. You've done it all week so there's no reason to quit now.
    2. Take some time to relax this evening after a busy day of work and this stupid exam.
    3. Do the gosh dang laundry that you should have done yesterday.
    4. Finish above mentioned stupid exam so you can move on to your next classes.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,107 Member
    Options
    brittk2013 wrote: »

Nice one!

I’ve never had too little calories that I could treat myself! :sweat_smile: you’ve got some nice achievable goals!
    How many lbs are you hoping to lose :)

Overall, 33.9 is the plan, but I'll adjust accordingly once I get around there depending on how I feel. I'm at 173.9 and am working towards 140. I break everything down into 5 pound increments and celebrate each time I get into a new 5 pound range with a treat for myself. Once I get under 170, I get to register for a 5k. :)

Oh same as me!
    Well I have to wait till March now!
    But my start weigh was 170 and I wanted to be 140. I’m 5”7 so I’m just in the overweight mark for BMI and 140’will put me right in the middle of normal

Obviously it’s going up due to the baby so I think I’m at 175 now so by the time baby’s here it will probably be a lot more to lose but won’t know until she’s out and I’m recovered!

Tbh the bigger I’m getting the more I can’t wait for March so I can get my body back in shape once and for all! I’m getting so determined haha I feel like I’ve been pregnant since 2013!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options

Friday = Vacation Day for me and hubby! Yay! First time in a year he has a paid vacation day. :smiley: Not entirely sure of plans today, but gorgeous weather for a late fall day, we'll probably go to lakeshore or Door County once hubby wakes up. I'm up b/c phone rang at 8 a.m. (so much for sleeping in) and I'm used to being up by now. Have a few goals for today....

LOVE your new profile picture!!! I've always wanted to go to Door County - I've heard it is beautiful!! So enjoy your vacation day!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    For any of you that weigh yourself daily, I found the best thread. You give your weight for "just 10 days". For me, I like it because I used to always get so discouraged when my weight would go up and down. Here, you can see that for everyone, this happens, and it has helped me not get so discouraged.

Bex -- there is a lady on there that is also pregnant, so she posts her weight (she said her goal was to gain 1 pound a week).

Here is the link if anyone is interested.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10608096/just-give-me-10-days-round-20/p4
  • mytime6630
    Options
    I have noticed several posting on the new thread I had started. I was going to just post here since we are all friends. But I noticed several new people posting. So .... even though it may be confusing ... I am just cutting and pasting my remarks there. Once I started the thread, I can't really delete it.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,353 Member
    Options
    I haven't had time to hop on since the other night. Was teaching most of yesterday and then was working at home last night and today is almost gone, so I will just touch base and post what I did do so far today and what I hope to do before end of day.

Oh, and I had the phone interview yesterday! It went well! He said I would hear in the next two weeks if they wanted to pursue me, but I got a call already today to come in for a peer interview on MONDAY!!!! I'm so excited buy nervous at the same time! Thanks @slittlemeister!!! Azul: I was thinking of you and all the interviews you have coming up and have been doing and I don't know how you do it! Oh my goodness! It was so stressful! I didn't know how to answer anything because I haven't interviewed in over 20 years so I had both myself and the guy doing the phone interview laughing because I am such a putz sometimes!

So far Friday:
    1. I didn't hit snooze too many times like I did yesterday. :)
    2. I taught my class this morning successfully! :)
    3. I completed a few tasks off my to-do work list :)
    4. I ate way too much food at lunch...it was our order in team luncheon and we had Chinese. Trust me..I did not choose off the healthy option menu. :s>:)

For the rest of Friday:
    1. Body Groove video
    2. Drink 3 more bottles of water
    3. Make health choices tonight. Maybe just a healthy salad for dinner.
    4. Listen to the Calm app and meditate
    5. Perform one random act of kindness today
    6. Leave work at 2:00 and take back some of my hours for this week.
    7. Read Simple Abundance and write in gratitude journal

• PackerFanInGB
    Options
    @cschmitz110515 I love your new photo!!! Look at you, all happy and cute!
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    10/20/17 Friday JFT:

Well another busy day so far.

✔Regular morning routine with kids
    ✔Doctor's appt at 9:15 am
    ✔Enjoyed lunch
    ✔Walked on campus ~ 30 min (w/ bkpk)
    ✔Attended research lab for 2 hrs today
    ✔Pick up kiddos and teen
    ✔Laundry
    ✔Sm. Grocery trip
    ✔Relax this evening, tomorrow will be tiring

Tomorrow will be pretty busy so I'll just post it now:

10/21/17 Saturday JFT:

Up early, prep To-go breakfast tacos and bag
    Meet friends at ~ 9 am
    Head to football stadium
    Enjoy my universities' homecoming football game w/ our friends from outta town (we have a babysitter :smile: )
    After game, we are all having a cookout together
    My main goal tomorrow is to stay hydrated and keep plenty of healthy snacks with me :blush:
    I'll be getting plenty of walking on campus, etc.
    After it is all said and done, I'm going home, showering and relaxing the remainder of the day.

@cschmitz110515 Enjoy y'alls vacation!!!! When they are paid vacations, they are even better :D Relax, enjoy yourself and do not worry about "regular daily stuff."
  • brittk2013
    Options

Oh same as me!
    Well I have to wait till March now!
    But my start weigh was 170 and I wanted to be 140. I’m 5”7 so I’m just in the overweight mark for BMI and 140’will put me right in the middle of normal

Obviously it’s going up due to the baby so I think I’m at 175 now so by the time baby’s here it will probably be a lot more to lose but won’t know until she’s out and I’m recovered!

Tbh the bigger I’m getting the more I can’t wait for March so I can get my body back in shape once and for all! I’m getting so determined haha I feel like I’ve been pregnant since 2013!

Yay for friends with similar goals! I was actively tracking and losing right before I got pregnant. I gained 54 pounds and lost about 30 of it right off the bat (thank you huge child and other baby related things). Since then, I've been pretty stuck in the 170s. He's 2 now so I don't have an excuse anymore. I wish I had jumped back on it and worked the weight off after the first 2 months or so.
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    10/20/17 Friday JFT:

10/21/17 Saturday JFT:

Up early, prep To-go breakfast tacos and bag
    Meet friends at ~ 9 am
    Head to football stadium
    Enjoy my universities' homecoming football game w/ our friends from outta town (we have a babysitter :smile: )
    After game, we are all having a cookout together
    My main goal tomorrow is to stay hydrated and keep plenty of healthy snacks with me :blush:
    I'll be getting plenty of walking on campus, etc.
    After it is all said and done, I'm going home, showering and relaxing the remainder of the day.

This sounds like a WONDERFUL way to spend a day!!! Have fun!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    brittk2013 wrote: »

He's 2 now so I don't have an excuse anymore. I wish I had jumped back on it and worked the weight off after the first 2 months or so.

HAHAHA! I always blamed my weight on having twins, but now that they are 36 years old, I'm thinking maybe that ship has sailed... :mrgreen:
  • mytime6630
    Options
    JFT, Friday
    1. log all food :):/ Not the best day though - over 2000 calories. But .... I logged it .... and tomorrow is a new day
    2. drink 2 glasses of water with each meal. I am hoping soon this will become a habit :/ Why do I have SO much trouble drinking water during the day!! I think I am out and about too much. But ... I am drinking it now
    3. go the the gym - didn't go this morning, need to go! :)
    4. get back on here tomorrow - be accountable :)

JFT, Saturday 10/21
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on water - 2 glasses with each meal
    3. plan menus
    4. go to the grocery store
    5. go to the gym

• asclepsia
    Options
    @schmitz_1105: so nice to see your smiling face on your post.
  • asclepsia
    Options
    asclepsia wrote: »
    Just for today: (weight has been drifting upwards, so time to refocus)
    This list will be short.
    Stay in the green.---close; only 100 calories over
    Exercise at least 15 minutes. :)
    Prepare for organ lesson. :)
    Fix birthday gift for friend. :)