Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    junodog1 wrote: »
    BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY

88gf3mqryrkg.jpg

ljbem2bhyxng.jpg

Awwww! Beautiful, both of you!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,220 Member
    Options

88gf3mqryrkg.jpg

ljbem2bhyxng.jpg

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! So sweet! Congratulations!!!!!!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Goals today will be simple
    1. log all food :) Even the smoothie, and chocolate covered almonds :s So I ended up almost 400 in the red ---- but on the plus side, before I ate the almonds I looked up the calories. 12 would be 200 calories - so I only ate 6.
    2. drink water :/ No, but drinking water now
    3. follow meal and snack plan - if I go off, eat something equivalent :/
    4. stay out of the halloween candy that is in the closet! I bought some so I could send some to the grandsons - but now the bag is open. Don't even look in the closet where I put it! :)
    5. shipping today, so help hubby :)
    6. get quarterly taxes done today! :/ Ended up cleaning the garage instead
    7. get back on here tomorrow :)

JFT, Wed
    1. log all food
    2. try to eat healthier, since I was over on tuesday. Stick with only veggies and meat - no bread
    3. drink water - 2 glasses with each meal.
    4. mow grass
    5. get to the gym
    6. lay out gym clothes for thursday morning
    7. drink water in the evening
    8. go and help a friend with a craft for bible study
    9. get quarterly taxes done
    10. work on quilt
  • validationmail1
    validationmail1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    commitments for today
    1. dont spend more than 15 bucks on food
    2. dont go to sleep for at least 4 hours after coming back home from work
  • skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    Options

Congratulations!! And all the best and good health to baby and mum (and dad, of course). They look already relaxed so that is a great sign. :)

• bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Not a great day diet-wise. I was quite stressed about a scary presentation, which ended up not going super well (I presented well, but the thing the presentation was supposed to achieve didn't happen). So I ended up snacking. I need to stop stress snacking!!! It's like a horrible reflex.

On the plus side, I didn't drink any alcohol when I got home. I've got into a slightly bad habit of drinking to help myself relax - mainly because diet G&T has a lot fewer calories than chocolate! I don't drink huge amounts, but I'm conscious that it's getting a bit more habitual than I'd like and I don't want to end up NEEDING it. So it was good that yesterday I didn't have any even though I really felt like one after the stressful presentation.

Yesterday's commitments -
    - Log everything I eat :'(
    - No snacks except ryvita :'(
    - Be in the green :'(
    - No alcohol :)
    - 30+ minute lunch break :/
    - Meditate :)
    - Don't worry about scary presentation. I will be fine! :|
    - Focus! :neutral:
    - Leave work at 5.30 to give blood :smile:

Today - Healthy eating!

- Log everything I eat
    - No snacks except ryvita
    - Be in the green

- 30+ minute lunch break
    - Meditate
    - Don't procrastinate or be perfectionist - get tasks done efficiently
    - Listen to music to boost mood
    - Leave work at 5 for evening class
  • brittk2013
    brittk2013 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Yesterday:
    1. Stick with my pre-logged food. :)
    2. Get through my water cup (24 oz) 3 times. :)
    3. Go for a walk around the neighborhood with the kiddo when we get home. :/ My son didn't nap at daycare and fell asleep on the way home so we didn't get to go.

Today:
    1. Stick with my pre-logged food.
    2. Get through my water cup 3 times.
    3. Get 5000 steps in. We're having lunch at the park today so that should help.
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options

After completing my post, I hit DONE and deleted everything! I feel like the DONE button is in the worst place!

Good to see you're back @josephinebowman
    @junodog1 Love the baby pics!
    @BrittK it's a supportive and encouraging group. You'll enjoy it.

My massage is still on-my 13 year old son insisted we take a closer look at the control panel of the washer & after cleaning it out, checking plugs it worked fine! He saved me about $700. How odd that the service dept of the appliance store never suggested this to us!??

Drink water 9 cups. Didn't drink enough yesterday & was cramping up before bed last night.
    Aiming for 198lbs by Sunday-remind myself that if I can learn to take this weight off slowly, I'll have learned what it takes to keep it off.
    Track meals today.
    Walk dog in neighborhood.
    Continue w/volunteer promos.
    Checking Pilates & yoga schedules at gym today, after doing weights.
    Listen to something inspirational. I've discovered Mel Robbins & she does motivate me.
    Journal.
    Special dinner tonight DH birthday. He's got my cold so maybe we'll celebrate this Saturday night.
    Meditate Calm App today.
    Read Simple Abundance.
    Early bed.

Plan my work & work my plan.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    Recap T 10/17
    1) Walked dog 3.09 miles before work, beautiful pre-dawn sky, saw Venus under the moon and Orion = happy me & happy dog :smiley:
    2) Net calories green = Barely, but green! :smiley:
    3) Move hourly = Fitbit 250+ steps 10/14 hours & 30 floors :smiley:
    4) Complete meal plan & grocery list (remember brother #1 is coming this weekend - going to the Packers game!) = Still not done! :s I must be in one of my funks where I don't want to do this. On the plus side, I used up zucchini by making chocolate zucchini bread for Thurs. Graze Day, announced in office mid-morning Tues. Later Kitty curled up on my lap for nap and I couldn't disturb her. :smiley:
    5) No Internet 9:00 / unwind & bedtime w/ TV off 10:15 = No Internet late, but watched MLB playoffs until 10:30. :neutral:

JFT W 10/18
    1) Walked dog 3.09 miles before work, managed to see 1 bunny as daylight approached. Thank you hubby for gifts of reflective gear and headlamp! Even dog has reflective vest & LED collar = happy dog :smiley:
    2) Net calories w/i 100 of green / we'll see. Meeting girlfriend I see about twice a year, having drinks and dinner while we catch up, at Mexican restaurant. Eat healthy all day before evening. Guestimate & log everything later.
    3) If time after dinner, make apple crisp
    4) Floss / skipping too many nights again
    5) Bedtime & TV off 10:15
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    skymningen wrote: »

Congratulations!! And all the best and good health to baby and mum (and dad, of course). They look already relaxed so that is a great sign. :)

LOL - That is me with the baby. Thanks for the compliment!
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Like Pottermore?
    Trying to stay on track?
    Looking for a challenge group for six weeks ?
    Let me share this with you.

Don't forget to tell them Junodog1 sent you!

==================================================
    TERM 5 ILVERMORNY CHALLENGE APPLICATION NOW LIVE!

Based on the American school from the Harry Potter Universe, we are a fun, story driven, role-playing-esque based fitness challenge. Join as a competitive or non-competitive participant in one of our four illustrious houses and help bring glory to your house by helping to win the House and Quidditch Cups! (We also have a smorgasbord of Individual awards up for grabs!)

About Term 5: -APPLY HERE: https://ilvermornyfaculty.typeform.com/to/ZjOs1h -The challenge will begin Monday, 10/30. (The link to the Castle group/group invites will be provided on Friday, 10/27 by midnight EST.) -Term 5 will run for 6 weeks, and will end on Sunday, 12/10. -The deadline for applications is Thursday, 10/26. -APPLY HERE: https://ilvermornyfaculty.typeform.com/to/ZjOs1h

After you've completed the application, feel free to send me and the rest of the faculty a friend request!

Be on the lookout for a raven on Friday, 10/27 by midnight EST with the link to the castle! (You'll need to request on the group page to join, as it is a private group, and due to the anticipated high volume of students, we will not be able to invite everyone individually.)

We hope to see you soon!

Yours Sincerely,
    Headmistress Saeraphine
    Ilvermorny, School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
    "Pedicabo eam, eligo beatus esse."
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I posted anything yesterday. I've been dealing with food poisoning for the last 2 days. At dinner Sunday night, I had a salad and ate about 1/3 of it before I realized the lettuce was bad. I thought it was the balsamic dressing at first bc of the pregnancy my taste for things has changed. Then I realized it was the lettuce. Monday I started feeling bad then late Monday night / early Tuesday morning I woke up extremely sick and I was having cold sweats. I went to the doctor yesterday and they ruled out any infections, etc. The baby and I are pretty healthy. Apparently food poisoning can take 24 - 36 hours before it affects you. I've never dealt with this before. :( Yesterday I could barely eat pretzels, dry cheerios and a little chicken. Today I'm not feeling so nauseated but I am pretty weak. Therefore my main goal today is to get food in and try to get well. Luckily my research mentor has been very understanding and has given me the last few days to recover.

@junodog1 That little baby is soo adorable. :blush: Congratulations!!
  • skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    skymningen wrote: »

LOL - That is me with the baby. Thanks for the compliment!

I was tempted to day sorry for a moment. But then I realised that's only a reflex for making a mistake. I don't regret that mistake so I won't apologize for it. ;) I hope the mum IS relaxed though.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options

Beautiful!!!! Both of you! You look fantastic! Congratulations on the grandbaby!!!! <3<3<3
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    Have any of you had to deal with this in your family? @OConnell5483 - I know you said your daughter is divorced - was it hard for you? I just feel so helpless.

I'm so sorry you are going through this. I have gone through this. With my daughter and both of my sons, unfortunately. It was heart wrenching every time. I think the feelings you are having are very normal. I had so much anger toward one of my daughter-in-laws that I couldn't even think or sleep. I cried a lot. I worried a lot. But none of that was helping anyone so I had to pull myself out of it finally and just be there for my son. I have tried to keep open communication with my SIL and DILs for the grands. I now have a good relationship with all of them so if I want to see the kids, they are all more than willing to work with me if it is their weekend and they don't have anything special going on. It has turned out to be okay, but it is a really difficult thing to go through... I wish I could sugar coat it for you, but I really can't. It's hard. The best you can do really is be there for your son when he wants to talk, at this point. Feel free to pm me if you want to chat more about it. I have so much I could say but would rather not go into too many details here. :wink:

Also, if they are going through lawyers, her lawyer will probably tell her not to communicate with you too much right now so that could be why she isn't answering. It's a very hard emotional time for your son and DIL also.

HUGS to you, my friend. <3
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    3 R's:[/b]
    Reminder: After dinner at 6:15
    Routine: Take a walk :(Nope. I worked until 9:30 pm
    Reward: Time alone with my thoughts, fresh air, better health, lose weight/inches, sleep better at night

Just for Tuesday, I will try to:
    1. Stay away from added sugar :(ice cream bar x2 Need I say more?
    2. Drink less coffee and more water :)
    3. Finish my Ambulatory OBGYN Stork lesson plans :(
    4. Listen to Half Size Me podcast :(
    5. Remove myself from negativity or gossip. Drama Free ZONE! :D
    6. Prepare tonight for tomorrow :)
    7. Cut up veggies and meat to prep for making chow mein in the crockpot tomorrow :(
    8. Shower and meditate before bed to relax :)
    9. Simple Abundance and gratitude journal :)
    10. Bed by 9, sleeping by 10:15 :(

Well, I have a phone interview tomorrow, so that will be interesting since I have not interviewed in over 20 years! LOL! It will either make me more excited to try something new, or it will drive home the fact that I have it good where I am and to quit my bellyachin'.

3 R's to building a new habit:
    Reminder: After dinner at 6:15
    Routine: Take a walk
    Reward: Time alone with my thoughts, fresh air, better health, lose weight/inches, sleep better at night

Just for Wednesday:
    1. Journal every bite
    2. Avoid added sugar
    3. Drink eight 8oz glasses of water, try for 85 oz
    4. Listen to Half Size Me & Optimal Living podcasts
    5. Prepare for tomorrow's class
    6. Prepare lunch and clothes for tomorrow, tonight
    7. Bills tonight
    8. Prepare for phone interview
    9. Simple Abundance & Gratitude Journal tonight before bed
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    @Bex953172 Any new name ideas?
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Monday:
    1. Plan and pre-track exercise for the week :)
    2. Pre-track food for the day :)
    3. Under 1400 calories :)
    4. Under 100G carbs :)
    5. 8+ freggies :)
    6. 10 C water :)
    7. 12,000 steps :)
    8. 60 minutes high-intensity Zumba :)
    9. One weight circuit :)
    10. Go for a walk separate from gym workout :)

Had to go out of town Tuesday to deal with family stuff. Ate well, but not able to accurately track. Still got my 10,000 steps.

Wednesday:
    1, 10,000 steps
    2. Under 1400 calories
    3. Under 100G carbs
    4. 8+ freggies
    5. 10 C water
    6. walk
    7. swim a mile
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    When did this thread become "baby baby baby" all of the time? I am finding it extremely uncomfortable.

Anyone interested in a child-free just for today spin off?
  • mytime6630
    edited October 2017
    Options
    When did this thread become "baby baby baby" all of the time? I am finding it extremely uncomfortable.

Anyone interested in a child-free just for today spin off?

I guess we all have become friends, and that is why there is so much dicussion about a variety of topics. But .... I do also agree with you. This is suppose to be a thread encouraging healthy living and weight loss or maintainence. Maybe we can all work a little harder at keeping it that way (myself included)?