Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• validationmail1
    validationmail1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    turned 26 today. good day for a commitment.

so for today:
    -peanut better eating only with spoon not on bread

• MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options

so for today:

:star::smiley::star: ☆Happy Birthday☆ :star::smiley::star:
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Stayed up til 3am to get two large painted projects done. I ran myself into the ground yesterday but so glad to have 2 commitments out of the way. I've been asked to join another committee but I'm going to say no b/c I think I need to focus on my health more. I'm still involved heavily w/other volunteer commitments so I need to cut back.

So many of you are doing great and I find it so inspiring to see the numbers going down for you.

Drink water 9 cups.
    Track meals today
    Walk dog at favorite park -we both deserve it.
    I would love to get to the gym to lift weights but I'm so tired! I'll see how I feel later. Need to get back into Pilates or yoga.
    Listen to new Half Size Me podcast.
    Start journaling again.
    Definitely using Calm App today.
    Read Simple Abundance.
    Need some TLC.
    Plan suppers for the week. Use crockpot for at least 2 nights.
    Early bed.

Have a great day everyone!
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options

Here's a question for you all...How would you like to reward or "treat" yourself? Be as simple or extravagant as you wish!

I would like a weekly gentle massage with scented oils, soft music and a masseuse who doesn't talk! ;)

• MLHC1
    edited October 2017
    Options
    10/16/17 Monday JFT:

Breakfast
    Regular morning routine w/ kids
    Decaf Tea and A.M. snack
    Prenatal Yoga
    Lunch
    Small grocery trip for dinner
    (no idea what to cook :#)
    P.M. Snack
    Pick up kids
    Finish art project with son
    Help other son with science project
    Pick up teen from football
    P.M. Snack
    Get on elliptical for ~ 30 min.
    Dinner by 7 pm
    Bedtime by 9 pm

[Note to self] --> Yes, there is always more that needs to be done but focus on not over doing it!! This list of "To-Do's" IS a productive day, remain calm and relaxed :blush:
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    Saragirl2 wrote: »
    Here's a question for you all...How would you like to reward or "treat" yourself? Be as simple or extravagant as you wish!

I would like a weekly gentle massage with scented oils, soft music and a masseuse who doesn't talk! ;)

Oh my gosh. I have been craving a massage for months! That would absolutely be my choice too.

A weekly massage, lavender oil, soft music and no talking for me too!!!!

• PackerFanInGB
    Options

so for today:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Stats...
    SW - 10/2/2017: 171.6 lbs
    10/9/2017: 171.2 lbs
    10/16/2017: 171.6 lbs :(Definitely the wrong direction.

Challenge Weight by 12/31/2017: 166 lbs

Personal Mini Goals:

Mini goal: 165 lbs
    Mini goal: 160 lbs
    Mini goal: 155 lbs
    Mini goal: 150 lbs
    Ultimate goal: 145 lbs

Height: 5'4"
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    @joan6630 Congratulations on hitting the 80's!!! That's so rewarding! You are knocking it out of the park! Congrats also on dropping the junk and FEELING BETTER! That's the ultimate goal, right? To just plain feel better? You got a ton of stuff done yesterday! you go girl!
  • skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    Options

Oh my gosh. I have been craving a massage for months! That would absolutely be my choice too.

What is it with the 'no talking'? I am lucky to say that I have had multiple massages in different settings and different places in my life and none of the masseuses ever talked through it, other than in the very first minute to ask if I am comfortable. I never thought that would be something I needed to mention. Who talks during a massage?

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,514 Member
    Options
    skymningen wrote: »

What is it with the 'no talking'? I am lucky to say that I have had multiple massages in different settings and different places in my life and none of the masseuses ever talked through it, other than in the very first minute to ask if I am comfortable. I never thought that would be something I needed to mention. Who talks during a massage?

I love massages! @skymningen Where I go, the masseuse asks me at beginning about level of pressure and what oils / lighting I like, then is quiet entire time. Just had my "birthday package" there last week, and plan on purchasing another four-for-price-of-three package next time it's available. Enjoy looking forward to next appt. almost as much as the massage! :wink:
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,221 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

I am very strange I guess - but I've only had 1 massage, and hated it. To me, I would reward myself with some beautiful fabric, or some beautiful flowers to plant. But .... thats just me! I think of all I could buy with the money a massage costs - but then - thats the conservative me! My daughter on the other hand, just loves massages, facials, manicures, etc.
  • skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    skymningen wrote: »

1) Finish the docker :|I am running a test. It takes a while, but there are still two more steps that could fail.
    2) Stay hydrated :)
    3) Don't freak out because now is the week I should hear from the second try for a fellowship position again :)No news there. Good I did not freak out. The website says they will send info out today, but the confirmation mail said 'end of October', whatever that is.

I did okay today, for being so incredibly un-rested. I even did some household item shopping after work. Hopefully my subconscious will let me sleep more tonight and then tomorrow will be a blast. So let's put the bar a bit higher for tomorrow.

1) Hit the gym after work
    2) Participate actively in the teaching meeting
    3) Work on some smaller tasks that accumulated
    4) Stay hydrated
  • MLHC1
    edited October 2017
    Options

If you ever make it out to Sedona, AZ go to Namati Spa. That is the best place I've ever had a massage at. It's soooooo peaceful, quiet and relaxing. The people are extremely professional. I fell asleep during my full body massage and my facial, Lol!! I never fall asleep during a massage so that was a different level of relaxation. Before I had my massage appt, I went on a rejuvenating Yoga hike in Sedona on the plateaus, it was awesome!! I'm definitely doing that again sometime :smiley:
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Monday:
    1. Plan and pre-track exercise for the week
    2. Pre-track food for the week
    3. Under 1400 calories
    4. Under 100G carbs
    5. 8+ freggies
    6. 10 C water
    7. 12,000 steps
    8. 60 minutes high-intensity Zumba
    9. One weight circuit
    10. Go for a walk separate from gym workout
  • MLHC1
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    10/16/17 Monday JFT:

✔Breakfast
    ✔Regular morning routine w/ kids
    ✔Decaf Tea and A.M. snack
    ✔Prenatal Yoga
    ✔Lunch
    ❌Small grocery trip for dinner
    (no idea what to cook :#)➡️leftover night
    ✔P.M. Snack
    ✔Pick up kids
    Finish art project with son➡️R/S for tomorrow
    Help other son w/ science project➡️R/S for tomorrow
    Pick up teen from football➡️hubby picked up
    ✔P.M. Snack
    ❌Get on elliptical for ~ 30 min.
    ✔Dinner by 7 pm
    ✔Bedtime by 9 pm

[Note to self] --> Yes, there is always more that needs to be done but focus on not over doing it!! This list of "To-Do's" IS a productive day, remain calm and relaxed :blush:

My lower back started hurting incredibly bad so after yoga I just rested and relaxed. It still isnt 100% yet. Unfortunately I had to result to taking a couple doses of Tylenol today :(

Tomorrow is a new day. I'm checking out early today. I hope everyone had a good day.
  • PrincesseAly23
    PrincesseAly23 Posts: 440 Member
    Options

I also love massages (my massage therapist talks WAY too much, but she does such a good job that I don't want to change!)

I love treating myself to expensive candle-lit dinners and lingerie. (So technically I'm treating my husband too! LOL.)

We don't have a lot of money, so what we do have for "fun money" we use on experiences that make us feel important and pampered (for example: A weekend away in a pricy hotel, or a fancy 4-5 course meal with champagne etc). We try to do that at least once a year. We save up our bonus money and spoil ourselves!

If we stay home, then I like to buy pretty lacy things to keep us entertained. Lol. Though I've not done that in a long time... (I feel too self conscious right now to prance around in skimpy underthings. I'm looking forward to feeling comfortable doing that again!)

Congrats on your bday BTW! I LOVE birthdays!!! I hope it was a great one!
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options

JFT Monday followup

:/ The plan is to greet the new granddaughter. Getting close! She is taking a long time.
    :| Take care of daughters kitten - probably dying. I got her thru Sunday night and today. So far so good.
    :| 10K steps not Sunday - got back to late from emergency run to pick up kitten, but yes today
    :) Drink water - working it
    :/ Apply to two positions I find interesting - did not get this done. Time at hospital and doing laundry and had bowling match.
    :/ Plan dinners for the week. - nope.

What would I reward myself with? I can't give myself what I would really like - free time. Time to 'play' with the horses, time to 'play' with the dog. Time to hike trails, spend a weekend with my mom, canoe with the DH.

I do like a good massage - my favorite has been hot stone - but I don't think I would want that regularly. It's a treat. Agree on the no talking.

JFT Tuesday

• Greet the new granddaughter!
    • Get thru bowling practice
    • Attend neighbors funeral visitation
    • Keep working with the kitten.
    • 10 K steps
    • 64 oz plus water
    • And of course - stay in green on calories

• asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    @cschmitz1105: So happy for you that you had a wonderful experience at the spa.