Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    JFT, SATURDAY
    1. log all food :)
    2. go to the gym in the morning :/ I had SO much trouble sleeping last nite, so skipped the gym.
    3. drink water :)
    4. concentrate on healthy, low carb eating :)
    5. enjoy the sewing demos - I know I will get lots more ideas -- now - if only to find the time to make everything I want to. But ..... I also know they will have cookies and snacks there. I plan to try and eat only a bag of pretzels - stick to that. NO COOKIES :) Had a bag of pretzels and water, so did OK
    6. lay out gym clothes for sunday morning :)
    7. try and relax with hubby. He has been having a hard week. :) We didn't do much in the morning - sat out in our patio room, enjoying the beautiful day! A kinda lazy day, but that is OK once in awhile.

JFT, Sunday
    1. log all food
    2. go to the gym
    3. finish buying little toys to send grandsons for halloween
    4. finish cutting out squares for my next quilt
    5. clean house - really far behind on this
    6. plan this weeks meals
    7. keep calories under 1300-1400

@Saragirl2 -- love the wedding picture! Just beautiful! And happy anniversary!
  • skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    skymningen wrote: »

1) Do all the laundry :)
    2) Plan nice dinners/lunches for the weekend and do the grocery shopping :)There will be scampi pasta and 'Coq au vin blanc' with brussels sprouts and potatoes. That is the most elaborate cooking I have been doing for weeks.
    3) Clean the flat (bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, vacuum everywhere, dust everywhere, tidy up everywhere) :)I actually managed to do all of it. All. But I was busy all day with that and laundry. There was still some chaos left from being sick and not caring
    4) Be a loving gf :)I did my best. We had some fun and some serious talking.
    5) Call parents :(I tried, but they were gone and then out in the garden and in the evening I had been on the phone so much with bf that I just did not want to talk more on the phone. I am not fit to work in a call center.

My original plan was to go to work today, then grab my gym bag which I deposited there and go to gym. But I did not sleep well the last two nights. I am a little down and stressed. With all the housework yesterday and working long hours nearly every day last week I suddenly feel I am drained of energy and need a day of rest. I mean, I had lot's of rest while sick. I should do work. But I mentally cannot do that right now.

1) Call parents
    2) Relax
    3) Cook my nice, elaborate chicken dinner
    4) Maybe work a little bit from home
    5) Write the shopping list for all the missing household stuff
  • dlm4mom
    dlm4mom Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I did not log all my food today. We went to a party tonight and i had some restraint eating- not good but it could have been much worse.
  • asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    Bex953172 wrote: »

My due date is May 7th.

I feel like the U.S. maternal care depends on where you live, who your doctor is and how knowledgeable you are. I make my prenatal care what it is, I do not let the doctors "bully" me into decisions. I believe in natural birth and minimal medicine, but that works for me. That doesn't work for everyone, some people don't have a choice. I really "listen" to my body and go from there. This prenatal care will be different because I have a different doctor in a different town. So far she is awesome! Very natural and doesn't push c-sections or anything I'm not interested in.
    Congratulations on your pregnancy and choosing a more natural approach to childbirth. I just read in the NYT that babies who are born naturally have a leg-up on immunity from traveling through the birth canal. My first child was a "scheduled" arrival, and I had a hard time with breastfeeding. Second child was a more natural birth, and breastfeeding was much easier---of course, it could be that I was more relaxed, too.
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    asclepsia wrote: »
    Congratulations on your pregnancy and choosing a more natural approach to childbirth. I just read in the NYT that babies who are born naturally have a leg-up on immunity from traveling through the birth canal. My first child was a "scheduled" arrival, and I had a hard time with breastfeeding. Second child was a more natural birth, and breastfeeding was much easier---of course, it could be that I was more relaxed, too.

Thank you :smiley:

"Scheduled" arrivals have so many issues with them that people really do not realize until the aftermath. I'm glad to hear you got the opportunity to breastfeed bc it is a great experience!! Finding a way to relax while pregnant and after is extremely important for Mom AND baby. This is my fourth little one and we are excited :D It came at a time my husband feels that I needed to slow down before I burnt out with school, etc. He said this is God's way of making me slow down :blush: Therefore that's what I'm doing.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    So....J4T:
    Journal intake faithfully :(Started out good but went downhill quickly while husband and I binge-watched Bloodline on Netflix
    Drink 85 oz water :)Drank a lot of water yesterday
    Meditate and take time to pray for serenity :)Spent a lot of time inside my head yesterday and found some serenity
    Take a walk :(Nope. Rainy and crappy most of the day
    October bills :#Doing this today
    Meal plan / grocery list :#Doing this today
    Gratitude journal and read Simple Abundance tonight :)Always. This is one of the best parts of my day!

I've been reading a lot about taking small changes and turning them into habits you don't have to think about...you just do them. So, I'm taking a different approach because I feel like such a failure every day when I come on and mark all my items with a frown. I'm going to focus on one main thing I really want to add to my daily routine and really work hardest at that until it becomes a habit. Once it's a habit, I will move onto the next habit. I found these articles really helpful and thought I'd share.

https://jamesclear.com/why-is-it-so-hard-to-form-good-habits
    https://jamesclear.com/master-one-thing
    https://jamesclear.com/three-steps-habit-change

New Habit: Take a walk 5/7 days per week
    3 R's:
    • Reminder: After dinner at 6:15
    • Routine: 30 minute walk
    • Reward: Time alone with my thoughts, fresh air, better health, lose weight/inches, sleep better at night

Just for Sunday, it would be GREAT to:
    • Drink less coffee, more water
    • Cut down on sugar
    • Bake my husband an apple pie
    • Work on bills/budget
    • Prepare for tomorrow
    • Browse recipes for the week
    • Make grocery list
    • Try not to cry over Packer game (j/k...I don't cry over them...) and our loss of Aaron Rogers!
    • Gratitude journal and Simple Abundance
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,103 Member
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    asclepsia wrote: »

Thank you :smiley:

"Scheduled" arrivals have so many issues with them that people really do not realize until the aftermath. I'm glad to hear you got the opportunity to breastfeed bc it is a great experience!! Finding a way to relax while pregnant and after is extremely important for Mom AND baby. This is my fourth little one and we are excited :D It came at a time my husband feels that I needed to slow down before I burnt out with school, etc. He said this is God's way of making me slow down :blush: Therefore that's what I'm doing.

When you say “scheduled” arrival
    Do you mean elective c sections and inductions?

I personally quite like an elective induction :sweat_smile:
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    This Sunday has been a little unusual. I woke up at 4 am and couldn't go back to sleep until 7 am. So I got up, ate, and completed my research project. Then I went to bed and my silly hormonal emotions kicked in so my husband woke up and comforted me until I fell asleep. I slept until around 10:30 am. I got up and my hubby was cooking brunch for everyone so I joined. Then we all relaxed and watched a movie. Now moving on to late afternoon, we plan to take the kids out and enjoy our Sunday evening having some family fun. All-in-all, it has turned out to be a decent day. :blush:
  • mytime6630
    Options
    So....J4T:
    Journal intake faithfully :(Started out good but went downhill quickly while husband and I binge-watched Bloodline on Netflix
    Drink 85 oz water :)Drank a lot of water yesterday
    Meditate and take time to pray for serenity :)Spent a lot of time inside my head yesterday and found some serenity
    Take a walk :(Nope. Rainy and crappy most of the day
    October bills :#Doing this today
    Meal plan / grocery list :#Doing this today
    Gratitude journal and read Simple Abundance tonight :)Always. This is one of the best parts of my day!

I've been reading a lot about taking small changes and turning them into habits you don't have to think about...you just do them. So, I'm taking a different approach because I feel like such a failure every day when I come on and mark all my items with a frown. I'm going to focus on one main thing I really want to add to my daily routine and really work hardest at that until it becomes a habit. Once it's a habit, I will move onto the next habit. I found these articles really helpful and thought I'd share.

https://jamesclear.com/why-is-it-so-hard-to-form-good-habits
    https://jamesclear.com/master-one-thing
    https://jamesclear.com/three-steps-habit-change

3 R's:
    • Reminder: After dinner at 6:15
    • Routine: 30 minute walk
    • Reward: Time alone with my thoughts, fresh air, better health, lose weight/inches, sleep better at night

• Drink less coffee, more water
    • Cut down on sugar
    • Bake my husband an apple pie
    • Work on bills/budget
    • Prepare for tomorrow
    • Browse recipes for the week
    • Make grocery list
    • Try not to cry over Packer game (j/k...I don't cry over them...) and our loss of Aaron Rogers!
    • Gratitude journal and Simple Abundance

I love James Clear and read his stuff a lot. I so agree-- concentrate on just changing one habit, my main habit I wanted to change was exercise, now that is routine for me and I miss it if I don't go, next habit I am trying to change is drinking water--- still a long ways on this one. That and meal planning! You are doing great!
  • PrincesseAly23
    PrincesseAly23 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Day 6:
    No sugar❌
    No wheat✅
    Drink drink drink (water of course! Nothing else) - min 8 glasses❌
    100 carbs or less❌
    NO splurging on junk while at the airport✅

Day 5:
    No sugar✅
    No wheat✅
    Drink min 8 glasses of water✅
    Meet carb goal (108 carbs or less)✅

Four days to go until my special number and today went really well! I finally weighed on my own home scale and I'm 192. (Only up 1.2 Lbs!!) which is AMAZING. After 2 weeks of eating out I'm sooooo proud of this number. I may not see 189.8 in four days time, but I sure will try!!! I've got all my fingers crossed that it's mostly bloating.

I'm finally back home now and am Trying to get into a more manageable and realistic rythme. My man and I will not be eating out anymore for the next 3 weeks and will try our best to eat well and to begin juicing organic fruits & veggies again to help increase our nutrient intake. We will also drink more water and cut out the other calorie-rich processed juices and sodas which contain added sugars. We both are suffering from dry skin and breakouts and need to get healthy and hydrated.

I realized that since I started this 3 months ago I've only reached the 1500 cals goal a handful of times. It's a downer to constantly be over my goals so I've increased my cal goal back to 1700 in hopes that I can keep to that while watching my carb intake.

I'm also going to try and look at weight loss from another angle. I'm going to focus on doing all that I can to look and feel beautiful as I am (get mani/pedi, dye my hair etc.) in hopes that this will motivate me to look and feel good all over. I'm feeling good about the future!

Day 4:
    No sugar
    No wheat
    Drink min 8 glasses of water
    Meet carb goal (108 carbs or less)

Day 3:
    No sugar
    No wheat

Day 2:
    No sugar
    No wheat

Oct. 19, Weight:
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,519 Member
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-In = When I'm active I eat back calories / sometimes too much. My weaknesses: my sweet tooth, especially chocolate, and portion control. To be honest, I love food! I weigh myself daily and log weekly / posting my Saturday a.m. weigh-in here. [My digital scale only shows half pound increments.]

Height 5'4"
    Age 59
    GW #1: 150
    GW #2: 145
    UG Range: 140 - 145 [anything less is probably unsustainable]
    October Goal: Reach 165

11/5/15 = 195.0 joined MFP with no real plan except It's. Not. A. Diet.
    1/10/17 = 185.5 clearly not a regular on MFP / joined JFT, best group ever! :smiley:
    5/31/17 = 180.5 two end of month celebrations
    6/3 = 177.5
    6/10 = 179.5 pre-10K spaghetti supper night before
    6/17 = 179.5 numerous meals away from home, several occasions w/ alcohol, happy no gain
    6/24 = 178.0 fluctuated during week, but ended ok
    7/1 = 176.0 Yay!!! Achieved June goal to stay <180
    7/8 = 177.5 oops
    7/15 = 176.5
    7/22 = 175.0
    7/29 = 174.0 saw at least one daily w-i below 174
    8/5 = 174.5 dined out for Girls Day Out & ate Dad's cooking & baking
    8/12 = 173.5 scale flirted with even lower numbers on daily weigh-ins
    8/19 = 173.5 had couple of high calorie days
    8/26 = 172.0 kind of a surprise
    9/2 = 170.0 Woohoo! Officially overweight, not obese :smiley:
    9/9 = 171.5 backsliding, ack!
    9/16 = 169.5 yay, the middle number is a six!
    9/23 = 168.5 have lots challenges in upcoming week
    9/30 = 167.0 met Sept goal to stay under 170
    10/7 = 166.0
    10/14 = 166.5

Reminder: Weight loss is not linear. At least not for me.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,519 Member
    Options
    Recap F the 13th - Kept hitting snooze button, no dog walk for poor dog 3 days in a row. Ack!!!
    1) Move hourly at work / walk stairs = per Fitbit walked 250+ steps per hour for 11 straight hours & 30 floors :smiley:
    2) Leftovers for lunch / belated bday dinner w/ BFF (I hope), order what I want, enjoy, and log later. Enjoy adult beverage(s). = Went out for dinner w/ BFF & we always have a blast together. Wish we had time to see each other more often, life is just so full of busy. I had the seared ahi tuna w/ wasabi mayo, baked potato w/ sour cream and two margaritas. Everything was so good! Logged it all later and moved on. :p
    3) Pick up race packet for Run for the Hill of It. Walking Sat. a.m. in 5K race which finishes up a steep hill. Goal was <50 minutes, new office mate (he's a runner) is making me challenge myself, so my goal is 45:00. Oh boy! = Got race packet before heading to BFF house / see Sat. recap. :|
    4) Bedtime 10:30 = did I? Don't remember. :|

Recap Sat. 10/14 - Poor dog, she saw me leave home with walking gear on & she had to stay. :'(
    1) Walked for first time in Run for the Hill of It 5K. Started at bottom of sledding hill, went on park trail, some paved, some not. Organizers were so thoughtful, they spray-painted rocks and roots on trail so we wouldn't trip, lol. One hole in the trail actually had a smiley face on it. One place on trail was very steep up 30 feet with roots and rocks, definitely got my heart rate up. Finish was up the sledding hill, which is quite steep near the top. I found out afterward, they time the final hill from the starting mats, and of course all the spectators are watching / cheering. It was a small event, just under 300 registered, mostly runners, and I did not finish last (my big fear). Considering the trail, I was pleased with chip time of 48:41 and ave. pace 15:41. My "hill" time was 2:04. It was fun, and I'll probably do this event again next year. :smiley:
    2) Spent rest of day car shopping with hubby. He finally decided he needed a more reliable vehicle (thank you Lord). It was fun at first, but then got old as the wind picked up and the rain came down harder all afternoon. Made a purchase at closing time (funny how they'll stay open to make a sale). By then hubby & I were both starving so we ate supper at Denny's. I was cold, tired and had damp shoes, so just wanted something hot to drink and hot comfort food. Logged & net calories over. :/

Recap Sun. 10/15
    1) Bible class & church :smiley:
    2) Hubby time :smiley:
    3) Packers time / oh oh there goes the season (maybe) :#
    4) Dog time / walked 3.58 miles, saw 4 deer cross road and dog so happy :smiley:
    5) Supper time / easy shrimp, caprese, and green beans / back on track w/ green net calories :smiley:

J4 Monday 10/16
    1) Walk dog before work
    2) Use Calm app, pause & pray
    3) Meal plan and make grocery list
    4) Unwind 9:30 (NO Internet) / bedtime & TV off 10:15
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options

New Habit: Take a walk 5/7 days per week :D
    3 R's:

Reminder: After dinner at 6:15
    Routine: 30 minute walk
    Reward: Time alone with my thoughts, fresh air, better health, lose weight/inches, sleep better at night

• Drink less coffee, more water :)
    • Cut down on sugar :)
    • Bake my husband an apple pie :)
    • Work on bills/budget :(
    • Prepare for tomorrow :)
    • Browse recipes for the week :)
    • Make grocery list :)
    • Try not to cry over Packer game (j/k...I don't cry over them...) and our loss of Aaron Rogers! :'(
    • Gratitude journal and Simple Abundance :)

I did it! I went for a walk and it was so nice! It was dusk and so quiet and pretty outside with the leaves starting to turn colors. I heard and then saw two owls--one flew right over my head! So cool. I miss nature so that was really cool.

I meditated with Calm app after a shower tonight and that was awesome. I did eat a piece of the apple pie I baked but I had enough calories for it and I didn't have any ice cream, so that's better than my normal night....

Today was a success. :mrgreen:
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    I have to teach tomorrow so probably won't have time to hop on here, so I'll post tomorrow's goals tonight.

3 R's:

Reminder: After dinner at 6:15
    Routine: Take a walk
    Reward: Time alone with my thoughts, fresh air, better health, lose weight/inches, sleep better at night

Just for Monday:
    1. Do not hit snooze
    2. Drink less coffee, more water
    3. Cut down on sugar
    4. Keep a smile in my voice while teaching Monday
    5. Negativity-free zone in my cubicle. No drama!
    6. Bills/budget
    7. Prepare for Tuesday
    8. Shower and Calm app before bed
    9. Gratitude journal and Simple Abundance

I hope you all have a WONDERFUL week!
  • mytime6630
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Sunday
    1. log all food :)
    2. go to the gym :)
    3. finish buying little toys to send grandsons for halloween :)
    4. finish cutting out squares for my next quilt :) Working on this now!! :)
    5. clean house - really far behind on this :):) And washed our quilts on the beds, rugs, everything! Nothing like a clean house to start the week!
    6. plan this weeks meals :) DONE!!!! YAY!!!!
    7. keep calories under 1300-1400 :)

I have done SO much better this week - I have to say I am proud of myself. And ... the cravings are going away. I am kinda following south beach, but yet, still eating cantalope, strawberries, etc.popcorn, but, I am amazed at how much better I feel. Now .... I have to remember this feeling, versus how I feel when I eat junk food!

JFT, Monday
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate more on water --- I still do not drink what I should be, but I am doing better at least
    3. go to the gym
    4. lay out gym clothes for tuesday morning
    5. work on pc boards
    6. do quarterly tax filing
    7. start sewing on next quilt for a friend
    8. get back on here tomorrow - be accountable
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Oh and Eliza got a big “no” from the OH.

So did Portia (pronounced Por-sha, like the car haha)

*sigh* back to gooooogle!

Bummer, I love Eliza. I like the suggestion for Bronwyn too.

I am a fan of Savanna and Caroline.

I too lost a child midterm. I also had an early miscarriage with our first pregnancy. It's tough. <<Hugs>>

• junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    JFT last update

:) Cook dinner - black beans, pork and rice; spinach yum
    :) Clean downstairs bath - get extra cat litter box put away. Got this done today - Sunday
    :) 10K steps (maybe go for a run?) Had a good run - 2 miles
    :) Bed by midnight - I did

JFT Monday
    • The plan is to greet the new granddaughter. DIL is in induced labor now.
    • Take care of daughters kitten - probably dying.
    • 10K steps
    • Drink water
    • Apply to two positions I find interesting
    • Plan dinners for the week.

• bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Not got much time this morning so just posting quickly...

Today's commitments -
    - Log everything I eat
    - No snacks except ryvita
    - Be in the green
    - No alcohol
    - 30+ minute lunch break
    - Meditate
    - Focus!