Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Yay I made it pink!

It took me ages to get it right because I spell it COLOUR!
    Curse you all hahaha

Coding does not accept different spellings. Too funny!
    I have found that MFP accepts green, blue, red, now pink, gold ...have to find more.
  • junodog1
    edited October 2017
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    junodog1 wrote: »

You have to code your post as follows:

Where I have ( ) showing below you have to use [ ]

(color = blue ) then the text here (/color ) These also have the bold edit on. Too hard to do from the phone, but easy on the laptop.

@junodog1 Are you a computer coder?? I used to do page design for a large medical publisher, and this was the coding that we used often to change colors of text! I completely forgot about that, till I saw your instructions! (its been 10 years since I did the type of work though, but still remember it well!)

I am not a coder but I have jobs that dabble in it. I work with SQL and Crystal reports and some basic HTML editing on web pages. I love positions/responsibilities that act as a liaison between IT people and end users. The gap between these two worlds is so large!

I saw the little note that said you can use BBC Code in your post so I had to look up BBC code and start playing with it.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,522 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the birthday wishes! I consider all of you my friends, and that made my day. :smiley:

Recap T 10/10 - Today is a milestone birthday for me. :blush: Funny, I don't feel like I'm out of my forties even, let alone hit 60. As Mark Twain said: "Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." I guess I don't mind, it's just a number.
    1) Wanted to set a precedent for the next year, and walked dog 3.09 miles before work. :smiley:
    2) "Graze day" in office, so I brought a fruit tray (I wasn't going to take time last night to make anything). Have no idea what will be available, but limit portions / don't take anything that isn't worth it...and choices usually aren't worth it! Log best I can. = Guestimated / logged...wow, those calories add up, even w/ tiny portions. I did ignore most items with sugar / carbs. :smile:
    3) Complete calculations summary / draft at least 1/2 narrative summary on work project = Progress & have good rhythm with narrative. :smile:
    4) Going out to dinner with BFF tonight / order food I want, enjoy and log later. Enjoy an adult beverage. If net calories happen to be in the right area, that's a win for today. = Bummed. After work, friend told me she'd been training someone all day & developed sore throat, not sure if it's contagious. So we postponed to later in week. Spending bday alone at home was not in original plans, felt let down, so I considered what to do. First option was to sit around & feel sorry for self, seriously considered it. Decided no alcohol, since it can be depressant for me sometimes, besides I didn't need the calories (what?!?). Didn't feel like cooking, maybe fast food run? Nah. Instead, eventually calmed down, decided to make stuffed peppers (on my recipe list for the week), called my parents for chat (they can't believe they have daughter this old, haha), and messaged hubby at work several times, but he was extra busy b/c co-worker didn't show for shift. Couldn't spend night on computer b/c hubby needs to debug, I couldn't remember password to laptop, hubby didn't message it until 11:34 p.m. Not exactly bday of my dreams. :(
    5) No need to list unwind time. Just need bedtime by 10:30. = At least this was no problem. Bed by 10:15 :smiley:

JFT W 10/11 Will be mostly sedentary day: Day off from dog walk, and have spa appt. after work (3 hour birthday package, which hubby paid). Includes wine & cheesecake, and I will enjoy!
    1) Move hourly at work / walk stairs
    2) Meals prelogged / eat early supper before spa appt.
    3) Complete narrative summary / management review
    4) Bedtime 10:15
  • skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    @cschmitz110515 I hope you spa appointment will make up for the lonely bday evening! So sorry your plan with the friend did not work out and your hubby had to work. :/
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    skymningen wrote: »

It drives me nuts that there is no word for this in English. We have one in Spanish...it is an arroba. English needs to get its act together!

Do you mean 'at' (@) or tag ('marking sth, or a person') ? I always thought there is a word in english, but not in most other languages. German uses the english words.

Yes! The best that we have is "at sign," which is very disappointing. :)
  • skymningen
    Options

Yes! The best that we have is "at sign," which is very disappointing. :)

Thinking of it, we have a very old fashioned word for it... Klammeraffe (spider monkey). Nobody uses it normally, only to make fun of it.

• skymningen
    Options
    skymningen wrote: »

1) Find some cool topics for the seminar :)
    2) Get in a first try of generating the docker image :)I didn't succeed, but I got really close. And that definitely count as more than just a first try.
    3) Be an especially loving gf (It's bf's birthday and he had a bad day today.) :)
    4) Drink lots of water :)Yes, back on track with that.
    5) Maybe go grocery shopping or to the hairdresser after work (Bonus task, can be done a day later) :#Bacause of overshooting with task two I left work really late. And I made other plans for tomorrow as well.

I feel so much better. Both my physical and mental strength is returning. So great plan for tomorrow:

1) Go to gym. Definitely. After more than three weeks and an illness. So needed.
    2) Drink enough water
    3) Be very focused and productive at work
    4) Be a loving gf
  • josephinebowman
    josephinebowman Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Hello. My stomach is way out there. I can watch the calories but every other goal is out the window. I have crept around today and just hope to get home soon and go right to bed. Fed dogs and took them out. Need to pick up milk and diet ginger ale as well as batteries. Maybe some her flavor than fruit punch.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,107 Member
    Options
    junodog1 wrote: »
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Yay I made it pink!

It took me ages to get it right because I spell it COLOUR!
    Curse you all hahaha

Coding does not accept different spellings. Too funny!
    I have found that MFP accepts green, blue, red, now pink, gold ...have to find more.

Look up Hex colour codes on google!
    You may have to take the # out on Bb coding, not tried it yet though :)
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Wed, Oct 10
    1. log all food :) under 1300 calories
    2. concentrate on at least 12 glasses of water - half my body weight :/ But ....drank 6 glasses at least!
    3. read response cards :)
    4. stick with protein and veggies for all 3 meals :/:/ Hubby and I decided to run errands, so we split a 6-piece chicken tenderloins from McDonalds - hence, no veggies for lunch! But ... I had to change my meal plans, and I think I still did OK. For dinner, I made us each a egg omelet, using green peppers, mushroom, and tomatoes. It was so good, and filling.
    5. aim for minimum of 8 servings of veggies :/ Not quite, but I believe I had at least 6 (if V8 juice counts for breakfast)
    6. mindful eating :)
    7. drink water in the evening :) Sipping my water now while I am sewing (I will probably be up all nite again though!)
    8. get back on here tomorrow - be accountable! :)
    9. do not give up. Keep focused on long term. Weight can fluctuate each day, but stay on course - do not give up[/b] :)

JFT, Thursday, Oct 11
    1. log all food
    2. aim for protein and 1/2 cup veggies for breakfast; protein and 2 cups veggies for lunch and dinner.
    3. concentrate on 85 oz of water - at least 12 cups. This is what I am aiming for
    4. be mindful of what I eat
    5. go to the gym
    6. lay out clothes for friday morning
    7. drink water in the evenings -- instead of snacking
    8. get back on here tomorrow - be accountable
  • mytime6630
    Options

Two interviews in the city today!

Good luck!! But boy ..... 2 interviews in one day!
  • mytime6630
    Options

JFT W 10/11 Will be mostly sedentary day: Day off from dog walk, and have spa appt. after work (3 hour birthday package, which hubby paid). Includes wine & cheesecake, and I will enjoy!

Sorry your birthday day did not turn out how you wanted it to ... but I know that is life. But wow ---- to have a 3 hour spa, with wine and cheesecake!! What a thoughtful hubby! Hope you enjoyed every minute of it ..... and enjoyed that wine and cheesecake!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Saragirl2 wrote: »

No gym today- activities will be to clean house, crunches, planks & pushups. Been a long time since I've done these exercises at home.

I have tried so hard to do crunches and planks -- I can only do ONE plank, and for less than 1 minute! Something I definitely need to work on!
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Managed to get on top of the overeating yesterday, but will require a few days to undo the previous days!

Yesterday's commitments -

- Log everything I eat :)
    - Lunch less than 450 cals :)
    - No snacks except ryvita if hungry :) None at all!
    - No alcohol other than that at wine tasting course :)
    - Be in the green :| Just over - there was cheese at the wine tasting course (and obviously wine!)
    - 30 minute lunch break :)
    - Meditate :)
    - Focus on key priorities and be productive :/ No, I flapped a bit yesterday
    - Stay positive! :| Not particularly - was tired

Today's commitments -

- Log everything I eat
    - Lunch less than 450 cals
    - No snacks except ryvita if hungry
    - No alcohol
    - Go to gym after work
    - Be in the green with 350 deficit

- 30 minute lunch break
    - Meditate
    - Focus on key priorities and be productive. No procrastinating or flapping!
    - Stay positive!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    Saragirl2 wrote: »

No gym today- activities will be to clean house, crunches, planks & pushups. Been a long time since I've done these exercises at home.

I have tried so hard to do crunches and planks -- I can only do ONE plank, and for less than 1 minute! Something I definitely need to work on!

I think someone needs to do the plank challenge!

The key to a longer plank is breathing!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    The results are in!!
    Firstly, baby is 100% healthy as of now so good news!
    Secondly, here’s my scan! Take a final guess and I will reveal later!
    3aranke6havr.jpg
    ( not the best image tbh as baby was turned away slightly)
  • junodog1
    edited October 2017
    Options

@Bex953172 says: Take a final guess and I will reveal later!

I'm still going for a boy for you!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    @Bex953172 --- my guess is a boy!!!!! ???????
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,522 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Recap W 10/11 Will be mostly sedentary day: Day off from dog walk, and have spa appt. after work (3 hour birthday package, which hubby paid). Includes wine & cheesecake, and I will enjoy! :smiley: Spa visit was wonderful! <3
    1) Move hourly at work / walk stairs = per Fitbit, managed to walk 250+ steps hourly from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. total 6,032 steps and 23 floors, and fitbit in locker at spa :smiley:
    2) Meals prelogged / eat early supper before spa appt. = red 346, w/o wine & cheesecake would be green, and I don't care :p
    3) Complete narrative summary / management review = done & turned in for review / presentation on Th
    4) Bedtime 10:15 = not so much, and slept badly :/

JFT R 10/12 - Another sedentary day: no dog walk before work, choir rehearsal in evening.
    1) Move hourly at work / walk stairs
    2) Leftovers for lunch & supper / net calories green
    3) Wash dishes tonight
    4) Unwind 9:30 (Internet OFF) / bedtime & TV off 10:15

@Bex953172 I'll guess boy as well.

@junodog1 Has your grandbaby arrived yet?