Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    I've been eating badly this pas week, leading to design and choosing more bad choices. so JFT Monday, no sugary things, specifically no candy, granola bars, cookies, yogurt, honey. Fruit and milk are acceptable though. I'm home today so it will be trickier, because that means I have easy access to all those things I just listed.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,519 Member
    Options
    Playing catch up again....

Recap F 10/6
    1) Walked dog 3.43 miles before work, dog was so skittish in dark this a.m. Heard two owls hooting to each other, saw 1 bunny, and dog was crazy for squirrels once it starting getting light out. Happy dog & happy me. :smiley:
    2) Don't fret about additional micromanagement crap from staff meeting yesterday, just stay focused on my assignments, totally doable. = Not so good. Stressed out all day, at work w/ new micromanagement requirements & taking Kitty to vet after lunch. Third appt. attempt, we finally corralled her into carrier, very unhappy Kitty / very upset me. And we have to take her back in a month for dental work. Ack!!! :s By the time I got home from work, and hubby at his job, I was so bummed out, I just sat and cried. But then I ate some leftovers (maybe I was hungry?) and did some decluttering, which made me feel productive & a little better. Stopped decluttering when Kitty wanted up on my lap, and she just curled up purring and snuggling, with dog napping on couch next to us. I was so glad Kitty forgave my "scruff hold" earlier. Best antidote ever! :smile:
    3) Meals & snacks not prelogged, but know the plans / stay on track / net calories green = Barely green but I'll take it! :smiley:
    4) That's it! I'm not going to be silly two Fridays in a row, and list chores. If anything gets done tonight at home, great. If no, so what? = See #2 :smile:

Sat. & Sun. fluctuated between busy & lazy. @OConnell5483 What a game!!! I think my blood pressure was skyrocketing! Whew! Your last post about the weekend looked like lot of fun. We love Door County too!

Net calories both days red, and daily weigh-in M reflects that. This is going to be a bad week food-wise. Apparently the delicious cake per birthday has been eliminated at work, not a bad thing. But now tomorrow we are having a "graze day". Ack!!! Not sure yet, but I may bring a fruit plate, to have at least one thing healthy to choose.

JFT M 10/9
    1) Walked dog 3.09 miles before work. As we rounded a curve in road, saw deer standing in semi-dark and watched it run across, followed by two more. The final deer couldn't have been more than 10 yards in front of us. So cool! Happy me and happy dog. :smiley:
    2) Keep net calories green
    3) Complete calculations summary for work project, start narrative summary
    4) Hubby has day off work / enjoy his company in evening / still keep bedtime 10:30 (want to walk dog before work T a.m.)

Happy Monday everyone!
  • skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Third appt. attempt, we finally corralled her into carrier, very unhappy Kitty / very upset me. And we have to take her back in a month for dental work. Ack!!! :s By the time I got home from work, and hubby at his job, I was so bummed out, I just sat and cried. But then I ate some leftovers (maybe I was hungry?) and did some decluttering, which made me feel productive & a little better. Stopped decluttering when Kitty wanted up on my lap, and she just curled up purring and snuggling, with dog napping on couch next to us. I was so glad Kitty forgave my "scruff hold" earlier. Best antidote ever! :smile:

I just love how your Kitty just went "Hey, human, don't be sad. I have already forgiven you. You can't be sad then, right?"
    Normally I am not a cat person (more a dog person), but right now I would give something to have a purring fur ball next to me for comfort. They work wonders.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    1/10/17 = ***.* clearly not a regular on MFP / joined JFT, best group ever! :smiley:

This is the best group ever.
    Saragirl2 wrote: »

I realize many of us are struggling-I wish we had a "send hugs" button at the bottom of the page w/all the others. I guess "insightful" will have to do.

Love this idea. I am going to use insightful a little more with this meaning.

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,104 Member
    Options
    junodog1 wrote: »
    1/10/17 = ***.* clearly not a regular on MFP / joined JFT, best group ever! :smiley:

This is the best group ever.

I realize many of us are struggling-I wish we had a "send hugs" button at the bottom of the page w/all the others. I guess "insightful" will have to do.

Love this idea. I am going to use insightful a little more with this meaning.

I’m jealous of your blue text lol
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Since my awful day the other day I’ve been trying to improve
    The first was the dog.
    The poor sod didn’t get walked for 10 days.
    I realised enough was enough and just because I’m ill doesn’t mean he should suffer.
    I normally walk him after tea after the girls are in bed. But it’s far too dark and far too much to do after tea.
    I start tea at 5pm every night so at 4.30 I take the dog out for half an hour for a good run!
    3 days in a row I’ve done this now so doing good. Not sure if it’s helping me but it’s certainly doing no harm.

I’ve tried being calmer, getting up and getting a shower as soon as I get up rather than a couple of hours later.

Thing is, I wrote down everything I felt the other day. do I still show this to the gp tomorrow as an example of when I’m at my worst? Because it’s not all the time but when it happens it’s bad..

Some of things I’ve written I don’t feel now but I could easily feel again if I’m having a bad day.

Not sure what to do, could any of you lovely ladies give me some advice?
  • Bex953172
    Options
    @Saragirl2 my kids have just finished their colds.. mines just started.
    Glad to hear you’re recovering!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    So far on Sunday:
    1. Went fishing with my husband. Didn't catch anything but enjoyed a beautiful day on the water. Saw a bald eagle right by us land up in its nest. Geese on the lake. My two sons and one of the granddaughters and one of the grandsons all showed up in their boat to fish too and so we got to see them out there on the water. Great time.
    2. Did not allow myself to stress about work today at all.
    3. Trying to make good choices of snacky stuff on boat and right now watching the Packers game.
    4. Cut off coffee earlier than normal and switched to water.
    5. Still did not take laptop out of trunk of car!!! No working this weekend!
    Still to do :
    6. Laundry :) Done
    7. Prep for tomorrow, tonight (lunch, clothes, etc) :)Done. I need this to become a habit. Makes mornings SO much easier!
    8. Hit my step goal. I've reset it to 6000 since I have trouble hitting it any higher lately. :(Dang. Was a couple hundred steps short.
    9. Log all my food honestly :)Done. It wasn't pretty, but it's honest and I'm being held accountable.
    10. Hit half my weight in water - 85 oz. :) I drank over 64 oz so that's still a win in my book. I don't usually even hit that. I'm continuing to work on this.
    11. Read Week 2 of 52 changes to a better life book and post. (I'll do this after dinner...) :mrgreen: Done. Lots of tips on getting better quality sleep.
    12. Read this week's challenge from the "A Challenge a Day" thread. :smile: Done. Challenge for this week apparently is coming up with one thing I can start doing to sit less. I have chosen to stand at my desk during teleconference meetings and to start using the restroom upstairs at work to get off my butt more. At home, I will get up during every commercial and do something.

@cschmitz110515 OMG! Was it EVER a good game! That last drive was done with only 1:11 to go on the clock! Wow!!!! Did you see Aaron's grin? Looked like a little boy. I love that when the QBs do that and you can see the joy. Brett Favre used to remind me of a little kid out there too and I always loved that. GO PACK!

@Bex953172 I was watching videos yesterday and looking at material getting ideas for the baby's quilt! Can't wait to find out what you are having! :blush:

What a nice weekend I had. I didn't work at all. I'm trying to make little changes in my life so that I don't work after normal working hours anymore unless it is an emergency. The month of October in my Simple Abundance book starts out with daily readings that deal with working too much and how to back off and get your life in balance, so it's perfect for me right now. I'm learning a lot and going to try to put what I learn into action, one baby step at a time.

Just for Monday:
    1. Journal every bite and stay in the green.
    2. Drink half my weight in water.
    3. Finish today's task list before moving onto the next project.
    4. Stay positive. Negativity breeds negativity. Rise above it.
    5. Leave at 4:00 pm tonight. Try backing off to 8-hour days.
    6. Take a walk or go for a bicycle ride tonight.
    7. Prep for tomorrow, tonight.
    8. Read in my Simple Abundance book tonight and write in gratitude journal.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    Stats....

SW - 10/2/2017: 171.6 lbs
    10/9/2017: 171.2 lbs

Challenge Weight by 12/31/2017: 166 lbs

Personal Mini Goals:
    First mini goal: 165 lbs
    Mini goal: 160 lbs
    Mini goal: 155 lbs
    Mini goal: 150 lbs
    Ultimate goal: 145 lbs

Height: 5'4"
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    Weekly weigh-in

Starting weight Jan 1: 217
    Current weight Sept 1st: 192.8
    1st Goal weight:175
    2nd goal weight: 170
    (5'11" tall, 66 years old)

Progress so far:
    Jan 1: 217
    Feb 1: 211
    March 1: 205.4
    April 1: 202.6
    May 1: 204.6
    June 1: 200.4
    July 1: 199.2
    August 1: 195.6
    Sept 1: 192.8
    October 1: 191.8

October 9: 194!!!

YIKES!!! To many good times the past few weekends!!

• mytime6630
    edited October 2017
    Options
    The past 2 weekends, while they have been a lot of fun, involved way too much eating, wine, etc. And .... my weight reflects this!! I am hoping this is just food weight, and that it will come off quickly, but I'm not off to a very good start for the month of october.

We had a great time on our spontaneous trip to Iowa - I saw so many beautiful quilts, and hubby had a nice time with his friend. But again ..... to much wine, good eating out, etc.

But ... you guys will be proud of me! I made my grocery list out last nite, planned all my meals, and now have a plan to stick to.

I was at the gym this morning, and there is a nurse there, that is 59 yrs old - and in such great shape. She has been giving me tips on weight building, etc for the past few weeks.

This morning we got to talking about losing weight. She is a nurse that specializes in nutrition. She told me "you have to eat food to lose weight". Load up on lean protein, veggies, and don't worry about how much you eat, and she told me I would lose weight. She recommended either weight watchers, or the South Beach Diet. I've done WW, and really didnt' want to attempt at counting all those points, etc.

So ... this will be week 1 of the South Beach Diet. I looked up what you eat, and it really is a lot of food. Breakfast is a protein and at least 1/2 cup of veggies (thats all - no fruit though!). Lunch and dinner are the same - protein, and 2 cups of veggies. I can have FF yogurt and milk, so its not as strict as I had thought.

But this is just for 1 week. Then I will switch to phase 2 - where I can eat more fruits, grains, etc.

So hubby and I are going to try this, and see how it goes!

SO JFT, Monday, October 8
    1. log all food - even though I am told I don't have to measure food, etc., I am still going to keep track of calories
    2. drink water. Aim for 85 oz - 10 glasses of water
    3. lay out gym clothes for tomorrow morning (I have already been to the gym today. This has now become a very good habit for me, so at some point, I may take this off my goals for the day).
    4. Keep the list of food handy that I can eat, and try as best as I can to stick to this. It is only for ONE WEEK -- I can surely do that!
    5. Try and find some fun recipes to try, using the Southbeach diet plan
    6. get back on here tomorrow - be accountable!

GOAL WEIGHT FOR DEC 31 for the challenge is 186 pounds. I would love to lose more, but Oct 1 my starting weight was 191 - goal to lose at least 5 pounds. (now I have to get rid of those 3 pounds I seemed to have gained overnite! :s )
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Stats....

SW - 10/2/2017: 171.6 lbs
    10/9/2017: 171.2 lbs

Challenge Weight by 12/31/2017: 166 lbs

Personal Mini Goals:
    First mini goal: 165 lbs
    Mini goal: 160 lbs
    Mini goal: 155 lbs
    Mini goal: 150 lbs
    Ultimate goal: 145 lbs

Height: 5'4"

GREAT JOB TRACY!!!!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    So, I went roller skating yesterday. Sad to report that I cannot do it, which kind of surprised me since I was so good at it as a kid. My bad knee is more of a liability than I realized. Well, I *could* do it, with a lot of hanging on the the edge, but I could not go fast. At least I did not fall or anything...unlike the 12-year-old that I was with, who spent most of the time on the floor. :)

1. Plan and pre-track exercise for the week
    2. under 1400 calories
    3. under 100 G carbs
    4. 8+ freggies
    5. 10+ C water
    6. 60 minutes Zumba
    7. weight circuit
    8. 12,000 steps
  • mytime6630
    edited October 2017
    Options

I borrowed this quote...

I can't count on willpower. That puddle dries up. Instead, I will form new habits NOW, while losing, that I can sustain for the rest of my life.

I love this quote!!! Have to tape this on my computer!!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    @OConnell5483 - Where did you find the "Challenge a day"? Is this on MFP? I would love to follow along with you and do this. Still need to really work on my water yet though!

• mytime6630
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »

Some of things I’ve written I don’t feel now but I could easily feel again if I’m having a bad day.

Not sure what to do, could any of you lovely ladies give me some advice?

I am so glad that not everyday is bad for you. And so very proud of you for taking your dog out for walks. They say exercise, especially in the fresh air, is the best thing to help you feel better.
    But yes, if it were me, I would tell your doctor everything. You doctor can decide much better how to treat you, or what to do, if she knows that not everyday is bad, but when it is bad, it is hard for you.
    And gee, how many more months do you have? Did you say you are due in March!! How time fly!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    So, I went roller skating yesterday. Sad to report that I cannot do it, which kind of surprised me since I was so good at it as a kid. My bad knee is more of a liability than I realized. Well, I *could* do it, with a lot of hanging on the the edge, but I could not go fast. At least I did not fall or anything...unlike the 12-year-old that I was with, who spent most of the time on the floor. :)

I used to go rollerskating all the time when our kids were little - I think I would be afraid to put on a pair of skates now :D Good for you for trying though! And glad you didn't fall!