Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    @cschmitz110515 Happy birthday! Enjoy your nice dinner and there is no need to regret any food or beverage choices today!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,107 Member
    Options
    @cschmitz110515 Happy Birthday! :):smile:
  • Bex953172
    Options
    boqmrs7qs1ip.jpeg

Here’s my “American shelf” in Tesco!

I got so annoyed where the drink I had been looking for FOREVER is right fecking there lol!! (Root beer)
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    @cschmitz110515 Happy Birthday!

rmtzbipg0rt5.jpg

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options

Monday:
    1. Plan and pre-track exercise for the week :)
    2. under 1400 calories :)
    3. under 100 G carbs :(
    4. 8+ freggies :(
    5. 10+ C water :)
    6. 60 minutes Zumba :)
    7. weight circuit :)
    8. 12,000 steps :) 12,234

Tuesday:
    1. 10,000 steps
    2. under 1400 calories
    3. under 100 G carbs
    4. 8+ freggies
    5. 10+ C water
    6. 60 minutes Zumba
    7. weight circuit
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    junodog1 wrote: »
    1/10/17 = ***.* clearly not a regular on MFP / joined JFT, best group ever! :smiley:

This is the best group ever.
    Saragirl2 wrote: »

I realize many of us are struggling-I wish we had a "send hugs" button at the bottom of the page w/all the others. I guess "insightful" will have to do.

Love this idea. I am going to use insightful a little more with this meaning.

I’m jealous of your blue text lol

You have to code your post as follows:

Where I have ( ) showing below you have to use [ ]

(color = blue ) then the text here (/color ) These also have the bold edit on. Too hard to do from the phone, but easy on the laptop.

• azulvioleta6
    Options
    boqmrs7qs1ip.jpeg

Here’s my “American shelf” in Tesco!

I got so annoyed where the drink I had been looking for FOREVER is right fecking there lol!! (Root beer)

Touche! That is hilarious. They've got the "Americans love sugar" part right. :) To really capture the stereotype, there would need to be some kind of sugary peanut butter too.

I have to say that, in my entire lifetime, I've only ever tried a couple of those things. Outside of Halloween, pretty much only the pretzels.
  • skymningen
    Options
    skymningen wrote: »

Plans for today:
    1) Learn more Docker for work :)I learned lots today.
    2) Answer all upcoming emails :)And wrote some updates/questions to people myself.
    3) Be a loving gf, not just a whining one :)That was actually very needed...
    4) Drink enough water :|I am slowly getting better with that again.
    5) Eat many small portions, but eat. Preferably graze all day. :)I tried my best. It's getting better every day. I even got some more protein in.

I am dead tired already, as I did work a lot today. Let's try to set some goals for tomorrow anyway.

1) Find some cool topics for the seminar
    2) Get in a first try of generating the docker image
    3) Be an especially loving gf (It's bf's birthday and he had a bad day today.)
    4) Drink lots of water
    5) Maybe go grocery shopping or to the hairdresser after work (Bonus task, can be done a day later)
  • Bex953172
    edited October 2017
    Options
    1/10/17 = ***.* clearly not a regular on MFP / joined JFT, best group ever! :smiley:

This is the best group ever.
    Saragirl2 wrote: »

I realize many of us are struggling-I wish we had a "send hugs" button at the bottom of the page w/all the others. I guess "insightful" will have to do.

Love this idea. I am going to use insightful a little more with this meaning.

I’m jealous of your blue text lol

(color = blue ) then the text here (/color ) These also have the bold edit on. Too hard to do from the phone, but easy on the laptop.

test test test
  • Bex953172
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Yay I made it pink!

It took me ages to get it right because I spell it COLOUR!
    Curse you all hahaha
  • PrincesseAly23
    PrincesseAly23 Posts: 440 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I'm on here because I want to whine a little bit... LOL. I so desperately want to put up my 10 Lb badge. (For those of you who don't know, I made myself a bunch of badges to use as my profile picture to brag about where I'm at in my weight loss journey). The problem is that MFP says that I've already lost the 10Lb mark, but I haven't and I feel like a fraud! LOL (Why does MFP round up???) The lowest loss I've seen was 9.8 Lbs and I REFUSE to put up my pretty new badge until I do ACTUALLY hit 10). I'm still 0.2 Lbs away (Another side note: I only actually record my weight in MFP if it's a new low, so technically I have 1.5 lbs to lose again because I jumped up a bit). And I've been bouncing around between 190.8 and 192.2 and I'm so sick of it :neutral:

End Rant

I thought I'd try out the colour thingy for fun! Thanks team! :smiley:
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options

I did it! I did it! I did it!!! First day since I've left home that I was strict enough with myself to achieve ALL of my goals! I feel AMAZING!!! This is why I'm doing this. To feel great!!! It's so true about long-term satisfaction over temporary pleasure (of eating the bag of m&m's I've been craving all day and didn't touch!!!)

I'm feeling motivated and optimistic for tomorrow instead of heavy and exhausted and depressed. I. CAN. AND. I. WILL. DO. THIS.

I want to see almost no bloating at all and at least the same (if not less) weight that I was the day I left for this trip when I return home this weekend!!! And who knows... maybe I'll still make my 189 goal for Oct 19th!!! (I'm trying to remain optimistic without putting too much undue pressure on myself).

GREAT JOB!!! I am so proud of you! And yes, you WILL get to that goal weight! We are both about the same - I am hoping to get out of the 190s by the end of the month as well!!! Together, we're all going to be success stories!
  • mytime6630
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Tues, Oct 9
    1. log all food :) Even though I strayed a little off of the South Beach way of eating, I still did really good -- and I feel great also! Hoping to keep this up!
    2. keep with what I have planned :/:) I did have some popcorn tonite, which is not what I should be eating, but .... I also want this to be a lifestyle change, so I am not going to beat myself up. I still ate less than 1300 calories, so I am OK with that
    3. aim for 12+ cups of water :/ Only got in about 6 glasses, but for me, that is a win.
    4. get back on here tomorrow :)
    5. lay out gym clothes for tomorrow morning :) They are ready for me -- no excuses tomorrow morning!
    6. read response cards :) I read these 6 times today! Determined to get back on track!
    7. concentrate on mindful eating :)

JFT, Wed, Oct 10
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on at least 12 glasses of water - half my body weight
    3. read response cards
    4. stick with protein and veggies for all 3 meals
    5. aim for minimum of 8 servings of veggies
    6. mindful eating
    7. drink water in the evening
    8. get back on here tomorrow - be accountable!
    9. do not give up. Keep focused on long term. Weight can fluctuate each day, but stay on course - do not give up

Had to practice changing colors --- LOVE THIS! @junodog1 Thank you for showing us how! :D
  • mytime6630
    edited October 2017
    Options

@junodog1 Are you a computer coder?? I used to do page design for a large medical publisher, and this was the coding that we used often to change colors of text! I completely forgot about that, till I saw your instructions! (its been 10 years since I did the type of work though, but still remember it well!)
  • azulvioleta6
    Options
    dlm4mom wrote: »
    How do you copy and paste a name so that it appears in your reply in blue. I cannot figure this out????

If you type in front of their ID, it will appear as a blue link. for example, @dlm4mom Is that what you are asking?

It drives me nuts that there is no word for this in English. We have one in Spanish...it is an arroba. English needs to get its act together!
  • skymningen
    Options

It drives me nuts that there is no word for this in English. We have one in Spanish...it is an arroba. English needs to get its act together!

Do you mean 'at' (@) or tag ('marking sth, or a person') ? I always thought there is a word in english, but not in most other languages. German uses the english words.
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Not a good couple of days eating wise. Had a couple of slightly disrupted days work wise and that led to lots of over-eating.

Need to be good for the rest of the week to balance it out!

Might be challenging today as I'm feeling slightly tired/hungover today after work night out... But will push through!

Today's commitments -
    - Log everything I eat
    - Lunch less than 450 cals
    - No snacks except ryvita if hungry
    - No alcohol other than that at wine tasting course
    - Be in the green

- 30 minute lunch break
    - Meditate
    - Focus on key priorities and be productive
    - Stay positive!
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Yay I made it pink!

It took me ages to get it right because I spell it COLOUR!
    Curse you all hahaha

LOL Since I'm originally from Canada, i purposely add in the "u"s when conversing w/someone from Canada or U.K.
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options

I will check in to JFT daily & read the posts. DONE
    Walk dog 30 mins in neighborhood w/DD so it'll be a slow walk.
    Check to do list.
    Drink 9 cups of water.
    Set timer to stay on task.
    No gym today- activities will be to clean house, crunches, planks & pushups. Been a long time since I've done these exercises at home.
    Planned supper- for the family (not me).
    Prepping garlic bread & new app recipe: prosciutto stuffed mushrooms. I'll try not to overindulge but I love potlucks!
    Pretracked some meals/snacks today.
    All food will be eaten sitting at a table. No distractions.
    Meditate 20 mins w/calm app.
    Read something for inspiration. Prob Simple Abundance.
    Early bedtime 10pm. Need more rest, I feel like I've hit a wall. Try one night with no TV.