Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options

I thought I had posted a long update the other day pouring out more information than anyone wants to know and telling you about my wedding trip and my daughters kitten dying and the other one being sick..... but apparently I lost it when I closed the window in edit mode. **sigh**

The last weekend in September there was a wedding trip back to the solar eclipse place. Everything was lovely; a good time was had by all. The wedding was held at a beautiful antebellum site, Cokesbury College . The location has a lot of history. (Well a lot for us in the US and Australia. Just a dollop of time for the Europeans.) Had another wedding this last weekend locally at a friends house in a back yard on a lake. It went beautifully except for a brief period where a scary lightening storm came close and chased us all indoors for a little bit. I behaved pretty well at both events food and beverage wise.

The wedding trip included me, my DH, my daughter and for the first time ever we traveled with our dog. Our daughter is usually the dog sitter. My daughter had two kittens, but one was very sick when she came home and it died the next night. Very traumatic. Long rant that I won't type up again but she has no business with pets right now because she cannot afford medical care for them. Then kitten number two became lethargic. She lives about 45 minutes away. We talked and did the video thing and I realized this kitty had a massive abscess. I was able to work with her on this case and I think we have kitty on the road to recovery. I had made a secret vet appointment that I was going to take kitten to if needed. I could not bear another death when I knew how curable it was, even if I am trying to keep myself out of it.

I have been having a whoosh the last week. I was in a place where I was up and down in the 190s. I'd been barely losing - since that eclipse weekend - but doing pretty well on CICO overall. Then BAM whoosh! I've gone from 194 on 01-Oct to 189.6 this morning. The last week and a half I have been very strict with my logging and keeping up moderate exercise, but also making sure I am not under eating. Such a pleasant surprise. I really want to hit 175 this year, but I'll be OK if I don't. 50 pounds in a year would be a nice memory though.

@cschmitz110515 My first grandchild (a girl) is now overdue. They will evict next Monday if she insists on not giving up the lease.

The high school girls bowling team I coach (supervise really) is undefeated. We have a tough opponent today. Crossing my fingers.

JFT
    • Cook dinner - black beans, pork and rice; spinach
    • Clean downstairs bath - get extra cat litter box put away.
    • 10K steps (maybe go for a run?)
    • Bed by midnight
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »

Two interviews in the city today!

Good luck!! But boy ..... 2 interviews in one day!

And another on Friday! I really hope that I get an offer soon, because this whole process is getting exhausting. These are all similar jobs, but within state government, so each application is a many-step process involving tests, interviews, language qualification, etc.

This would be a career change for me, so I feel really grateful to even be getting interviews.
  • azulvioleta6
    Options

Wednesday:
    1. 10,000 steps :)
    2. track food, including estimate for meals eaten out :neutral:
    3. 10+ C water :(
    4. dance a little :( got tired and came home...stupid PHP!

Thursday:
    1. 10,000 steps
    2. under 1400 calories
    3. under 100 G carbs
    4. 8+ freggies
    5. 10+ C water
    6. cardio/weight workout
  • dlm4mom
    dlm4mom Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I was able to get back on track today thankfully. Yesterday was bad. I had a terrible morning then ate 2 cupcakes, a gyro and potato chips for lunch then just went crazy with food- pizza, candy bar, ice cream and peanut butter sandwich. I don't know why i do this, instead of trying to minimize damage when I overeat I just let go and eat and eat and eat. A normal person would feel sick from this but I felt just fine although quite disappointed in myself.
    I am wondering if anyone has suggestion for this. On weekends I have been preparing food for the week. My husband gets home earlier than I do and by Monday or Tuesday he has "snacked " and eaten everything I have prepared before I get home. I have labeled food. I have spoken with him about this but he still does it. We have lots of other food in the house- big pantry full of food and the freezer has lots of microwave entrees he could eat. He finishes off a half gallon of ice cream in 2 days then eats all the weight watchers ice cream bars. It makes me feel like why bother. If I make something with 8 servings we will eat half at dinner and when I get home the next day it is gone. Sometimes he finishes it off before he goes to bed. He is not overweight, never has been. This is making it really hard to lose weight.
    I am so frustrated. My only goal for tomorrow will be to stay in calories and to work on getting myself back into a better mindset.
  • dlm4mom
    dlm4mom Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Apologies for ranting.
  • PrincesseAly23
    PrincesseAly23 Posts: 440 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Day 49 (Oct. 11th) goals:

0., Achieve all goals,❌
    1., Be active, ❌
    2., Drink lots of water, ❌
    3., Think positively ✅
    4., Eat small portions, ❌
    5., Avoid sugar❌
    6., Bonus: Stay under 2000 cals✅
    7., Extra Bonus: Stay under 100 carbs❌

Day 50 (Oct. 12th) goals:

0., Do better than yesterday✅
    1., Be active, ✅
    2., Drink lots of water, ✅
    3., Think positively ✅
    4., Eat small portions, ✅
    5., Avoid sugar❌
    6., Bonus: Stay under 2000 cals✅
    7., Extra Bonus: Stay under 100 carbs❌

Too busy to blog properly. But things are going really well!!! I'll hopefully check in again soon!

Day 50 (Oct. 12th) goals:

1., Do better than yesterday
    2., Be active,
    3., Drink lots of water,
    4., Avoid sugar
    5., Stay under 2000 cals
    6., Extra Bonus: Stay under 100 carbs

@Bex953172 Congratulations about the baby girl!!!! (Why would you be upset!?!? Girls are the BEST!!! But I guess being a girl makes me a little biased. Lol).
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »

You’re all wrong!

It’s a GIRL!

Pretty upset about it actually but at least I have time to get used to it!
    I think I’ll feel better and more connected when I have a name!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! Little girls are the best -- just think, as your little girls grow older, what best friends they will be!! There is nothing in the world better than a sister!! SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I have been doing really well the past TWO days - eating some carbs, but really watching what I eat. And .... the scale this morning was out of the 190s - at 189.6!!!

But then tonite, I totally blew it on popcorn. I think I ate two large bowls - mostly stress eating! Our son called tonite, and told us he was getting a divorce. Our son was married for 14 years, and in the past 5 years, we felt like we had lost our son. We would rarely see him, and when we would, he would just sit there, and seem so depressed. So we suspected that something was up. I went with him and his family on a vacation in June, and I could really sense it while with them. So ... while it did not come as a surprise, and we were happy to hear this news, then I started thinking about the grandsons. My son says they are going to have joint custody, and the wanting a divorce was mutual, but they have not seen a lawyer yet or filed for divorce. My daughter-in-law, can be very vinditive and greedy, so now we are worried it could be messy, since she would get more money if she had full custody. I would be devastated if that happened. So. ..... what did I do ..... chow down on popcorn! But .... at least it was just popcorn.

Thursday, Oct 12
    1. log all food :) Did great until all the popcorn
    2. aim for protein and 1/2 cup veggies for breakfast; protein and 2 cups veggies for lunch and dinner. :)
    3. concentrate on 85 oz of water - at least 12 cups. This is what I am aiming for :/ 8 cups so far!
    4. be mindful of what I eat :/ Was good all day, until tonite
    5. go to the gym :/
    6. lay out clothes for friday morning :)
    7. drink water in the evenings -- instead of snacking :/
    8. get back on here tomorrow - be accountable :)

So tomorrow, hope to get right back on track!
    JFT, Friday, Oct 13
    1. log all food
    2. be mindful of what I eat
    3. eat slowly
    4. aim for only protein and veggies for meals. No carbs, since I way overate carbs tonite
    5. go to the gym
    6. lay out gym clothes for tomorrow morning

@OConnell5483 --- good luck on the job interview!!! Very proud of you for at least trying to make a change. I know how hard that is to do, but life is short. I know you'll do great -- you sound like a real asset for anyone having you work for them - a real worker.
    Between you and @azulvioleta6 - lots of job interviewing! Wishing you both the best of luck!

@junodog1 - that is so cool that you are a coach!! Hoping for a win! It sounds like you have a lot going on in your life. Let us know when the new granddaughter arrives!

@dlm4mom - Have you thought about "hiding" your snacks from your husband, so he can't find them? Or labeling some for your husband, and label some for you, and tell him he can only eat his?

I do know what you mean though - I bought some fat free fudge bars, and my daughter came out , and ate almost the entire box. This was a special treat I bought for myself. So .... husband told me to put them in the freezer downstairs so she doesn't know they are there. I used to buy ice cream for her when she came out, but found I was also eating it, so I stopped doing that.

And I so agree with @OConnell5483 --- we have the nicest, most supportive group of "friends" on here!! I am finding that I come on here before I get on facebook!

• skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    skymningen wrote: »
    1) Go to gym. Definitely. After more than three weeks and an illness. So needed. :'(I worked so much and then I was so tired. And I am still a little mentally down in general... it didn't happen. Next plan is try on the weekend.
    2) Drink enough water :)
    3) Be very focused and productive at work :)I am nearly done with a rather good milestone I set myself in the beginning of the week for the end of NEXT week.
    4) Be a loving gf :)And got some love back, which makes it grow. Sorry. Am slightly romantic now. The bf has started to call me to just say good night instead of messaging back and it's so cute.

@Bex953172 No matter what it is going to be called, the most important thing is it is a healthy, happy baby. :D

And again I missed to post the plans and luckily realised it in time...

1) Finish the docker
    2) Find happiness in myself
    3) Listen to hunger cues and distinguish them from bored/stressed/thirsty/tired cues
    4) Be a loving gf
    5) Stay focused at work, ride this wave of productivity
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Not doing so well this week - workload is very high, exacerbated by the fact that my new managee/ assistant/ minion (I don't really know the correct word to use here! People at work use 'direct report' but I find that a bit ridiculous somehow) started on Monday. In theory her starting will help me out a lot but in the short term there is a lot of stuff I need to brief/ train her on!!!

And at the same time, my own workload is high as per usual. Going to have to do some work this weekend so can't even really look forward to the weekend properly. Grump, grump, grump. :smile:

On the plus side... I'll be going to my GP on Monday and HOPEFULLY she will give me the all clear for running again after my op. If this happens, it will help my mood and weight!!

- Log everything I eat :'(
    - Lunch less than 450 cals :smile:
    - No snacks except ryvita if hungry :smile:
    - No alcohol :'( Boyfriend suggested pub for dinner as neither of us could be bothered to cook after long day. This led to wine (and gin)
    - Go to gym after work :'( Left work too late to go
    - Be in the green with 350 deficit :'( Not sure of exact total as gave up logging at dinner, but it will be over by some way
    - 30 minute lunch break :neutral: Just, but wasn't very relaxed as was a rush to get food and fit in...
    - Meditate... :smile:
    - Focus on key priorities and be productive. No procrastinating or flapping! :neutral: To some extent, but not that well
    - Stay positive! :'( Nope..

Today's commitments -

- Log everything I eat
    - Choose healthy option for lunch, before I go
    - No alcohol at lunch!
    - No snacks except ryvita if hungry
    - Friday pizza this evening, but no unhealthy treats or desserts alongside

- Meditate
    - Focus on key priorities and be productive. No procrastinating or flapping!
    - Stay positive!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,103 Member
    Options
    @princessaly23

Its my last baby and really wanted a boy!
    Got 3 girls now haha

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,103 Member
    Options
    I really like the name Eliza.

I think it goes well with Saskia and Marley.

But it’s not just my choice but my OH doesn’t like spending ages thinking so I just spout out names til he says yes lol :sweat_smile:
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options

Wow-we've been lighting up the message board!

@Bex953172 Congratulations! Eliza is a lovely name.
    @OConnell5483 Thinking of you in the interview process, hope all goes well.
    @dim4mom hide your WW bars in a empty bag or box of frozen veggies, etc. something he would never look at. Working like a charm in our household!
    @joan6630 at least it was popcorn! Thinking of you!

Crazy busy today-
    Drink water
    Track meals today
    Walk dog
    Volunteer work
    Send DH & DS off to camp
    Housework-some is heavy lifting
    Hair appt-sigh
    Plan suppers for weekend for DD & I.
    Early bed

Have a great Friday.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,519 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Recap R 10/12 - Another sedentary day: no dog walk before work, choir rehearsal in evening.
    1) Move hourly at work / walk stairs = Fitbit 7,654 steps, 250+ steps from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m., and 31 floors :smiley:
    2) Leftovers for lunch & supper / net calories green = Did fine through supper, but after choir & chores, finished off caramel sea salt popcorn I bought from Boy Scouts last weekend. At least it's gone now. :wink: Net calories red 300. :/
    3) Wash dishes tonight = Didn't want to, but did dishes :smile:
    4) Unwind 9:30 (Internet OFF) / bedtime & TV off 10:15 = Unwind no problem, but watched MLB playoff game until 11:00 and didn't even stay up until game over. I need more sleep! :s

JFT TGIF 10/13 - Kept hitting snooze button, no dog walk for poor dog 3 days in a row. Ack!!! :(
    1) Move hourly at work / walk stairs
    2) Leftovers for lunch / belated bday dinner w/ BFF (I hope), order what I want, enjoy, and log later. Enjoy adult beverage(s).
    3) Pick up race packet for Run for the Hill of It. Walking Sat. a.m. in 5K race which finishes up a steep hill. Goal was <50 minutes, new office mate (he's a runner) is making me challenge myself, so my goal is 45:00. Oh boy!
    4) Bedtime 10:30

I've read all the posts so far, and there're so many I want to respond to, but don't have time (I'm at work) right now. Just know that I'm rooting for all of you, and wishing you a blessed day!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, there are so many people I want to respond to! I'm at work and had just a few minutes to hop on and post some goals, so I'll just say, I am here supporting you, rooting for you and praying for all of you! I'll try to pop on later tonight and reply to some of you.

One thing I do want to say is @Bex953172 , I LOVE the name Eliza! So pretty! I can understand your initial disappointment. My daughter wanted a boy also, but has 3 girls. What she did end up with though is 3 GRANDSONS! Which actually is even more fun because you get to do all the fun stuff with boys but none of the hard stuff..you just send them home! lol! So...things have a way of working out. Baby Bex will be adorable no matter what!

@joan6630 CONGRATS on the 180's! Whoop Whoop!!!! You inspire me so much! I'm so sorry to hear about your son, but I believe that everything works out in the end. My daughter is much happier than she was, and they share the girls 50/50. I will add your son to my prayers!

Hang in there @slittlemeister!!!! I feel your pain... :mrgreen:

Just for Friday:
    1. Log every bite
    2. Added Sugar <29g; Carbs <75g
    3. Finish my build for OB classes
    4. 85 oz of water
    5. Leave work by 2:00 today--actually take back some of the extra hours I put in this week. (biting my nails...probably will fail on this one. I'm usually the last one here on Fridays because I never follow through with this!)
    6. Go to bed early tonight so I can get up and go to Farmer's Market tomorrow. Haven 't been there since first week it opened!
    7. Stay positive. Smile. Be a No-Drama Mama!
    8. Simple Abundance chapter tonight, and log in my gratitude journal (I really don't need to write this one anymore because it's a habit that I have to do or I can't sleep! LOL!)
    9. Enjoy the day! Be in the present moment today.

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
  • azulvioleta6
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    @joan6630 @cschmitz110515 @junodog1

You’re all wrong!

It’s a GIRL!

Pretty upset about it actually but at least I have time to get used to it!
    I think I’ll feel better and more connected when I have a name!

Seriously? Do I need to come across the pond and smack you?

Some people do not get to have children at all, ANY children. Do you know how much I would give to have a baby of either gender?

Is there some reason why, in 2017, you have the idea that girls are inferior to boys or that you NEED a boy?
  • azulvioleta6
    Options

Thursday:
    1. 10,000 steps :(
    2. under 1400 calories :)
    3. under 100 G carbs :)
    4. 8+ freggies :)
    5. 10+ C water :) 14
    6. cardio/weight workout :)

One more interview today! I am an interview machine!

Friday:
    1. 10,000 steps
    2. under 1400 calories
    3. under 100 G carbs
    4. 8+ freggies
    5. 10+ C water
    6. swim