Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,104 Member
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    Bex953172 wrote: »

Some of things I’ve written I don’t feel now but I could easily feel again if I’m having a bad day.

Not sure what to do, could any of you lovely ladies give me some advice?

I am so glad that not everyday is bad for you. And so very proud of you for taking your dog out for walks. They say exercise, especially in the fresh air, is the best thing to help you feel better.
    But yes, if it were me, I would tell your doctor everything. You doctor can decide much better how to treat you, or what to do, if she knows that not everyday is bad, but when it is bad, it is hard for you.
    And gee, how many more months do you have? Did you say you are due in March!! How time fly!

Thanks for your advice :)
    I even wrote on the stuff I wrote “had I not written this down I wouldn’t of been able to tell you”

I am SO glad I wrote it down in that moment because i couldn’t do that now lol

Well I’m 5 months now and 4 months left!
    And I know tell me about it, can’t wait for it to be over. Every day I’m plagued by a pregnancy ailment lol
    Yesterday it was trapped wind causing me lots of pain, today it’s a splitting headache!
    Tomorrow I’ll probs be sick lol!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    @OConnell5483 - Where did you find the "Challenge a day"? Is this on MFP? I would love to follow along with you and do this. Still need to really work on my water yet though!

There’s this one.. not sure if it’s the same thing though ..
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/52-a-challenge-a-day
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Or do you mean the 52 week challenge, I think that’s a book she has x
  • dlm4mom
    dlm4mom Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I cannot find the 52 challenges on Amazon either. Can you tell us more about the book?
    I am going to try to find one way to sit less this week also.
    I have been testing recipes for a party next month and am having trouble staying in calories and carbs.
    My goal for tomorrow is not to snack at work or get fast food on the way home.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    @OConnell5483 - Where did you find the "Challenge a day"? Is this on MFP? I would love to follow along with you and do this. Still need to really work on my water yet though!

Hi Bex - I don't think this is the same one, but I joined the group! I love the ideas so far...... this week's challenge is to sit less! I think you are right though, this is a book she is reading.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

Hi Bex - I don't think this is the same one, but I joined the group! I love the ideas so far...... this week's challenge is to sit less! I think you are right though, this is a book she is reading.

Yup! Bex is right! That is the Challenge a Day group on MPF that gives us a new challenge every week. I love it! This week is sitting less. https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/52-a-challenge-a-day

I also am reading a book called "52 Small Changes: One Year to a Happier, Healthier You" that I downloaded to my kindle app.

I am doing both! They both give me good ideas to try to incorporate healthier lifestyle changes and make new healthier habits.... :blush:
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options

Some of things I’ve written I don’t feel now but I could easily feel again if I’m having a bad day.

I am so glad that not everyday is bad for you. And so very proud of you for taking your dog out for walks. They say exercise, especially in the fresh air, is the best thing to help you feel better.
    But yes, if it were me, I would tell your doctor everything. You doctor can decide much better how to treat you, or what to do, if she knows that not everyday is bad, but when it is bad, it is hard for you.
    And gee, how many more months do you have? Did you say you are due in March!! How time fly!

I even wrote on the stuff I wrote “had I not written this down I wouldn’t of been able to tell you”

Well I’m 5 months now and 4 months left!
    And I know tell me about it, can’t wait for it to be over. Every day I’m plagued by a pregnancy ailment lol
    Yesterday it was trapped wind causing me lots of pain, today it’s a splitting headache!
    Tomorrow I’ll probs be sick lol!

I agree with Joan. I think I would tell your doctor also, so if it happens again she will have a heads up about what you are dealing with, plus she might have some very helpful ideas for you too. It's hard dealing with all the things that go along with being pregnant! You hang in there sweetie! <3
  • dlm4mom
    Options
    How do you copy and paste a name so that it appears in your reply in blue. I cannot figure this out????
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    dlm4mom wrote: »
    How do you copy and paste a name so that it appears in your reply in blue. I cannot figure this out????

If you type @ in front of their ID, it will appear as a blue link. for example, @dlm4mom Is that what you are asking?
  • dlm4mom
    Options
    Yes. How do you do this? Do you click on their name on their post or where?
  • dlm4mom
    edited October 2017
    Options
    @OConnell5483 I am testing this----thanks
  • skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    Options

Thing is, I wrote down everything I felt the other day. do I still show this to the gp tomorrow as an example of when I’m at my worst? Because it’s not all the time but when it happens it’s bad..

I'd show it. Because that is exactly why writing it up helps, to realize how you felt after the fact. You will not realize the full problem while it is acute, at least in most cases humans can't. It is still a fact that you feel like this sometimes and that you should not have to.

I thought about joining challenges, but honestly, until I am done with the PhD I think that is enough of a challenge for me. Ah well. Maybe later.

Plans for yesterday went okay. Got to know I have/had Campylobacter, but luckily I am now feeling better every day. I still try to take it a little slow.

Plans for today:
    1) Learn more Docker for work
    2) Answer all upcoming emails
    3) Be a loving gf, not just a whining one
    4) Drink enough water
    5) Eat many small portions, but eat. Preferably graze all day.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options

You should absolutely share what you are going through with the GP and ask about what supports are available to you now and after the birth.

What you are describing makes me think of a dear friend of mine who really struggled emotionally through one of her pregnancies. She was OK with her other children, but she kind of lost it a bit with her first baby and had the most horrible PPD afterwards. She would not have made it through things without really good medical care and a lot of support. Get help before things get really bad!
  • josephinebowman
    josephinebowman Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I am sick. I will hold okay on diet but exercise will be limited. Bah, humbug. Also scale at Y was 165--4 more #s on our challenge to go and 40 #s in full more. Despite this wonderful news, there is no dancing around in kitchen. I want/need something to drink but water is not doing it. This is a kidney thing with nausea, pain, and I don't drink tea, coffee, or juices and milk is probably a bad idea due to antibiotics. What other suggestions might you have?
    Hmm, isn't there a birthday party for Carmela today?
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

So good to read your posts everyone!

Cschmitz- you are so good at tracking your weight & you're doing awesome. I'm going to apply your method & write it on my calendar!

Bex- I would share the info with your doctor. If you were advocating for one of your children or your partner, I'm sure you'd want to give as much info in hopes that it would be helpful. I'm hoping the doctor will listen to you & have good instincts. I recently brought a friend to a doctor and I was appalled by the Dr's lack of ability to understand what she was going through. He just wasn't proactive and she couldn't advocate for herself b/c she was in pain & heavily medicated. I wish you could have someone to join you at the appointment but I know what that's not always possible. Try to walk every day, it's a mood elevator. Put on a good podcast or try to walk in a favourite location. Plus you can keep the dog happy. Wishing you the best of health!

I will check in to JFT daily & read the posts. DONE
    Walk dog 30 mins in neighborhood.
    Update list of things to do on paper.
    Drink 9 cups of water.
    Set timer to stay on task.
    Work on volunteer projects.
    Continue tidying the house.
    Planned supper-pork tenderloin and veggies.
    Pretracked some meals/snacks today.
    All food will be eaten sitting at a table...even if it's a darn cracker! :wink:
    Get ingredients for Wed night potluck.
    I realized last night that 3 nights this week I have something going on. I will not binge when I get home on any if these nights.
    Meditate 20 mins w/calm app.
    Finish Monday's podcast from Half Size Me.
    Early bedtime 10pm.

Perfect window for me to meditate/breathe is between 12:30-3. Anything later and I don't sleep well that night. Note to self: listen to your body.

Enjoy your health and never take it for granted!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,520 Member
    Options
    Recap M 10/9
    1) Walked dog 3.09 miles before work. As we rounded a curve in road, saw deer standing in semi-dark and watched it run across, followed by two more. The final deer couldn't have been more than 10 yards in front of us. So cool! Happy me and happy dog. :smiley:
    2) Keep net calories green = Rare weeknight w/ hubby off from work, so we went out for early bday dinner. I ordered what I wanted, including a pint of Johnny Blood Red (Irish red ale), and somehow I kept my net calories green! :smiley:
    3) Complete calculations summary for work project, start narrative summary = Added more calculations for 12 worksheet tabs and completed calc summary minus one (numerous one-off issues). Need to press forward with summaries on T. :smile:
    4) Hubby has day off work / enjoy his company in evening / still keep bedtime 10:30 (want to walk dog before work T a.m.) = Such a treat, having hubby home when I got home from work. We had a wonderful evening, and I managed to go lights out at 10:30. :smiley:

JFT T 10/10 - Yes, @josephinebowman today is a milestone birthday for me. :blush: Funny, I don't feel like I'm out of my forties even, let alone hit 60. As Mark Twain said: "Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." I guess I don't mind, it's just a number.
    1) Wanted to set a precedent for the next year, and walked dog 3.09 miles before work. :smiley:
    2) "Graze day" in office, so I brought a fruit tray (I wasn't going to take time last night to make anything). Have no idea what will be available, but limit portions / don't take anything that isn't worth it...and choices usually aren't worth it! Log best I can.
    3) Complete calculations summary / draft at least 1/2 narrative summary on work project
    4) Going out to dinner with BFF tonight / order food I want, enjoy and log later. Enjoy an adult beverage. If net calories happen to be in the right area, that's a win for today.
    5) No need to list unwind time. Just need bedtime by 10:30.
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    aerochic42 wrote: »
    I've been eating badly this pas week, leading to design and choosing more bad choices. so JFT Monday, no sugary things, specifically no candy, granola bars, cookies, yogurt, honey. Fruit and milk are acceptable though. I'm home today so it will be trickier, because that means I have easy access to all those things I just listed.

Aerochic-I know the struggle! If certain foods are in the house (my trigger foods) I will eat them. Maybe not today but probably in a day or two I will seek them out. Our family enjoys potato chips so we keep them in a specific cupboard. At this moment I have no desire to eat them but come 3pm...well that's a whole different story :smile:
  • mytime6630
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Monday, October 8
    1. log all food - even though I am told I don't have to measure food, etc., I am still going to keep track of calories :) Helps SO much knowing what I plan to eat, and following that plan
    2. drink water. Aim for 85 oz - 10 glasses of water :):)
    3. lay out gym clothes for tomorrow morning (I have already been to the gym today. This has now become a very good habit for me, so at some point, I may take this off my goals for the day). :/ Had a lot of trouble sleeping last nite - still awake at 4 am, so no gym today.
    4. Keep the list of food handy that I can eat, and try as best as I can to stick to this. It is only for ONE WEEK -- I can surely do that! :) Was really hungry for popcorn last nite - had a cheese stick instead
    5. Try and find some fun recipes to try, using the Southbeach diet plan :/ Didn't get this done
    6. get back on here tomorrow - be accountable! :)

JFT, Tues, Oct 9
    1. log all food
    2. keep with what I have planned
    3. aim for 12+ cups of water
    4. get back on here tomorrow
    5. lay out gym clothes for tomorrow morning
    6. read response cards
    7. concentrate on mindful eating
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Recap M 10/9

JFT T 10/10 - Yes, @josephinebowman today is a milestone birthday for me. :blush: Funny, I don't feel like I'm out of my forties even, let alone hit 60. As Mark Twain said: "Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." I guess I don't mind, it's just a number.

HAPPY 60th Birthday!!!!!!