Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,103 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    @joan6630 @cschmitz110515 @junodog1

You’re all wrong!

It’s a GIRL!

Pretty upset about it actually but at least I have time to get used to it!
    I think I’ll feel better and more connected when I have a name!

Seriously? Do I need to come across the pond and smack you?

Some people do not get to have children at all, ANY children. Do you know how much I would give to have a baby of either gender?

Is there some reason why, in 2017, you have the idea that girls are inferior to boys or that you NEED a boy?

Not a subject you should touch on with me.

I lost a baby boy at 23 weeks.

I’m not discussing this further because I will lose my *kitten* with you.
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Well I just spent 15 minutes writing a post on my phone then it just decided to boot me from the app :s So let me try again.....

First I'd like to apologize for my absence. :# I've been pretty busy but mostly concentrating on rest and relaxation. Sometimes I just need a break from my computer and phone. I'll also admit, it has been quite an adjustment for me to go from full-time student preparing for graduation to pregnant, no classes, just minimal research projects. However, yesterday was very helpful in my adjustment. I had my first sonogram yesterday to determine gestational age and I am 11 weeks 4 days today! The sonogram was sooo adorable :blush: It's helpful to know where I am in my pregnancy, which helps to understand what's happening. My doctor is happy with my nutrition and weight gain so far (that's a relief). My prenatal Yoga DVD also just arrived so this will help as well :smiley: My "morning" sickness has started to subside!! That helps because my "morning" sickness would last all day most times.

I had to go back and review the last 5 pages to catch-up with everyone. There are sooo many of you I'd like to individually respond to but for the sake of time and post length, I'd like to let you all know I can relate to the struggles and I'm so proud that you all keep coming back and re-engaging. Emotions are difficult to manage sometimes, especially as a women and it can affect how we stay motivated. @Bex953172 Sometimes I feel that way, it can be tough being an expecting-Mom, wife, and mother of other little ones. Don't let life's stresses bring you down, remember we are all here for each other! Look around at all the people who love and care for you :smiley: Sometimes I have to remind myself to do that because it's hard to see when you feel unappreciated or overlooked. Just take some time to observe the blessings in your life :blush: I have to do this because my kids seem selfish sometimes but they show me their love in their own way!! I know they appreciate and love what I do each day but sometimes it is hard to see unless you slow down and observe. Hang in there girl, God blessed you with exactly what He had in mind for you :wink:

I'll try to keep up JFT and chit-chat better now. I'm feeling better so that will help, although we are beginning a remodel of our house to make adjustments for the baby, so this could be interesting :D
  • Bex953172
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    Well I just spent 15 minutes writing a post on my phone then it just decided to boot me from the app :s So let me try again.....

First I'd like to apologize for my absence. :# I've been pretty busy but mostly concentrating on rest and relaxation. Sometimes I just need a break from my computer and phone. I'll also admit, it has been quite an adjustment for me to go from full-time student preparing for graduation to pregnant, no classes, just minimal research projects. However, yesterday was very helpful in my adjustment. I had my first sonogram yesterday to determine gestational age and I am 11 weeks 4 days today! The sonogram was sooo adorable :blush: It's helpful to know where I am in my pregnancy, which helps to understand what's happening. My doctor is happy with my nutrition and weight gain so far (that's a relief). My prenatal Yoga DVD also just arrived so this will help as well :smiley: My "morning" sickness has started to subside!! That helps because my "morning" sickness would last all day most times.

I had to go back and review the last 5 pages to catch-up with everyone. There are sooo many of you I'd like to individually respond to but for the sake of time and post length, I'd like to let you all know I can relate to the struggles and I'm so proud that you all keep coming back and re-engaging. Emotions are difficult to manage sometimes, especially as a women and it can affect how we stay motivated. @Bex953172 Sometimes I feel that way, it can be tough being an expecting-Mom, wife, and mother of other little ones. Don't let life's stresses bring you down, remember we are all here for each other! Look around at all the people who love and care for you :smiley: Sometimes I have to remind myself to do that because it's hard to see when you feel unappreciated or overlooked. Just take some time to observe the blessings in your life :blush: I have to do this because my kids seem selfish sometimes but they show me their love in their own way!! I know they appreciate and love what I do each day but sometimes it is hard to see unless you slow down and observe. Hang in there girl, God blessed you with exactly what He had in mind for you :wink:

I'll try to keep up JFT and chit-chat better now. I'm feeling better so that will help, although we are beginning a remodel of our house to make adjustments for the baby, so this could be interesting :D

:sweat_smile:
    I swear you’re like a model pregnant lady.
    Prenatal yoga, perfect weight gain, nice nutrition, exercise and rest!
    I’m the complete opposite!! :sweat_smile:
    I eat crisps, barely do anything (although I guess the kids count and walking the dog) and I’ve gained like 5lbs already! Only halfway there lol!

So now you’ve had you’re sonogram. Do you have a due date :smiley:

Also what’s the maternal care like in the US, I saw a newspaper article of a lady who lived in the US and UK and had different experiences, do you get more appointments and more scans?
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Oh and Eliza got a big “no” from the OH.

So did Portia (pronounced Por-sha, like the car haha)

*sigh* back to gooooogle!
  • MLHC1
    edited October 2017
    Options

I eat crisps, barely do anything (although I guess the kids count and walking the dog) and I’ve gained like 5lbs already! Only halfway there lol!

Also what’s the maternal care like in the US, I saw a newspaper article of a lady who lived in the US and UK and had different experiences, do you get more appointments and more scans?

Lol!! :D Thanks for the compliment but I'm not a "model pregnant" woman. I've gained 4 lbs and I'm only 3 months pregnant :sweat: My nutrition is pretty well-rounded but tonight I'm splurging on Asian Lettuce Wraps and potstickers so I'm not ideal, Lol!!

My due date is May 7th.

I feel like the U.S. maternal care depends on where you live, who your doctor is and how knowledgeable you are. I make my prenatal care what it is, I do not let the doctors "bully" me into decisions. I believe in natural birth and minimal medicine, but that works for me. That doesn't work for everyone, some people don't have a choice. I really "listen" to my body and go from there. This prenatal care will be different because I have a different doctor in a different town. So far she is awesome! Very natural and doesn't push c-sections or anything I'm not interested in. When I lived in Austin, Tx the doctors were a little pushy, did sonogram as much as my insurance would pay for (sometimes I came out of pocket for them), and they wanted everyone to schedule a c-section or schedule to be induced so the delivery could be scheduled. I still live in Texas but a different area and it has proven to be very different!! I'll have one more sonogram, my appointments are every 4 weeks until I get further along then they increase to every 2 weeks. They are also very supportive of natural births here. So I'm not sure there is a streamline prenatal care system here in the U.S.

How is the prenatal care there?? How are you doing?? I hear it's a baby girl :blush: Congratulations!! You get to dress her up and do her little beautiful hair all the time :smiley:
  • Bex953172
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »

Lol!! :D Thanks for the compliment but I'm not a "model pregnant" woman. I've gained 4 lbs and I'm only 3 months pregnant :sweat: My nutrition is pretty well-rounded but tonight I'm splurging on Asian Lettuce Wraps and potstickers so I'm not ideal, Lol!!

My due date is May 7th.

I feel like the U.S. maternal care depends on where you live, who your doctor is and how knowledgeable you are. I make my prenatal care what it is, I do not let the doctors "bully" me into decisions. I believe in natural birth and minimal medicine, but that works for me. That doesn't work for everyone, some people don't have a choice. I really "listen" to my body and go from there. This prenatal care will be different because I have a different doctor in a different town. So far she is awesome! Very natural and doesn't push c-sections or anything I'm not interested in. When I lived in Austin, Tx the doctors were a little pushy, did sonogram as much as my insurance would pay for (sometimes I came out of pocket for them), and they wanted everyone to schedule a c-section or schedule to be induced so the delivery could be scheduled. I still live in Texas but a different area and it has proven to be very different!! I'll have one more sonogram, my appointments are every 4 weeks until I get further along then they increase to every 2 weeks. They are also very supportive of natural births here. So I'm not sure there is a streamline prenatal care system here in the U.S.

How is the prenatal care there?? How are you doing?? I hear it's a baby girl :blush: Congratulations!! You get to dress her up and do her little beautiful hair all the time :smiley:

Pretty standard over here because of the NHS, we get a “booking in” appointment at 8-10 weeks, scan at 12 weeks, 16 week antenatal check, 20 week scan, antenatal check at 24, 28, 30, 32, 34, 36 etc

That’s the basic. Based on baby development (to small or too big or abnormalities picked up at 20 week scan) you will get scans later on, or just foetal heart monitoring
    We get a lot of choice here, they tend to do it based on health of baby so natural unless intervention is needed. Drugs are available and again up to us. Although epidurals aren’t guaranteed if there isn’t any anaesthetists available.

Will you be finding out gender at 20 weeks?
  • Bex953172
    Options
    And I’m awful at hair! My 3yo wanted an Elsa braid the other day.
    Google helped haha x
  • MLHC1
    Options
    @Bex953172 Lol!! You gotta love Google and YouTube for the "How to's" :D That's awesome!!

I will find out the gender at 20 weeks. I'm scheduled for Dec. 14 for my 20 week scan.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options

Friday, Oct 13
    1. log all food :)
    2. be mindful of what I eat :) We grabbed McDonalds, and went down to a beautiful park and watched the sunset. Hubby says, lets each get a shake! I LOVE their shakes, but I was so proud of myself, I got a Bananna/Strawberry smoothie instead - and it tasted just as good (plus 330 calories, vs 800 calories!). But, we split a 6 piece chicken tenders, so no veggies for dinner.
    3. eat slowly :)
    4. aim for only protein and veggies for meals. No carbs, since I way overate carbs last nite :) Did better today -- but I know fried chicken tenders are not the best food to be eating!
    5. go to the gym :)
    6. lay out gym clothes for tomorrow morning :) 70 minutes at the gym today!

Hubby has been having a stressful week. It started with a trip to Iowa to see a old friend, and the visit did not go as planned. We think his friend has dementia or something going on - he was very much wanting to start arguments for no reason. So that has been bothering my husband all week. Then .... last nite hearing our son is divorcing. But on the plus side .... we feel we got our son back. He has been so distant to us for the past 5 years. Everytime I would see them, I could tell he was so depressed. Last nite on the phone - he was his old self. So for that reason, we are happy, but just hope once the lawyers get started it doesn't turn ugly, as many divorces do. So tonite, hubby and I just took the afternoon/evening, watching the sunset, went for a nice walk, and just sitting out in the patio watching the sunset again.

@Bex953172 and @ MLHC1 --- love seeing all the baby talk!! You guys are such great mommies! The most unappreciative job there is, especially when you have several little ones, and another on the way.

@Bex953172 - I know how hard this is for you, having lost a little boy. I also lost one before full term, and it is something you never forget. God has blessed you with 2 little girls already, and I know, knowing you, that you are going to be so thrilled to have this third little girl in your arms. And .... when they get older and married, you will be happy to have those girls. Girls are always so much closer to their family than sons are (at least in our experience). My sister had 5 girls before she had her boy. So .... this means you just have to keep on having little ones ;)

@ MLHC1 - be sure to let us know when you find out what you are having!!!!

My day tomorrow will be busy, but hoping I can continue watching what I eat. I am going to a sewing demo tomorrow afternoon, so that will be fun. The scale was UP this morning, but I know its because of all the popcorn I had last nite! For some reason, I have the motivation now, and I know if I get too off track, it will be hard to get motivated again. Just trying not to get discouraged by the scale!

SO, JFT, SATURDAY
    1. log all food
    2. go to the gym in the morning
    3. drink water
    4. concentrate on healthy, low carb eating
    5. enjoy the sewing demos - I know I will get lots more ideas -- now - if only to find the time to make everything I want to. But ..... I also know they will have cookies and snacks there. I plan to try and eat only a bag of pretzels - stick to that. NO COOKIES
    6. lay out gym clothes for sunday morning
    7. try and relax with hubby. He has been having a hard week.

• dlm4mom
    dlm4mom Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Almost back on track! I was just a bit over on calories because we celebrated Friday and ordered out at lunch.
    My goals for the weekend are:
    Stay in control of eating at party tomorrow
    Stay in control of eating at my daughters Sunday
    6 glasses of water minimum daily
    Make and freeze meatballs
    No binge Tv
  • dlm4mom
    dlm4mom Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    @bex953172.
    My first 3 pregnancies were with an Indian doctor who believed very much in traditional eastern medicine. They were wondeful delivlres. Warm jaquzi tub until my water broke with my husband sitting on the toilet beside me. Then when it was time she stood with me at the side of the bed holding my arms while we squattedup and down for afew minutes then i got in the bed and had the babies. I loved it.
    Different situation with my second and third. The doctor was not so attentive but I had a fabulous nurse and epidurals and those deliveries were wonderful too
  • PrincesseAly23
    PrincesseAly23 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Wow lots of baby talk!!! I'm so happy for all of you! My 2 colleagues at work are pregnant and I've become and auntie twice this year and 3 of my friends also had/are having babies!! (One of my friends had twins back in Feb!)

Between the chat here and the info I'm getting from the mommies-to-be around me I'm learning so much! I've never even babysat before and never had any desire to have children, but I am enjoying seeing how babies bring something so special into my loved-ones' lives.

My only babies are little furry ones. Lol. And I love them to bits!

So for an update on me... I let myself have one last hurrah as it is te last day of being away from home. Now it's time to get really serious. I'm going to count down now until Oct. 19th... I know that I CAN be 189 as long as I'm really really good....

I'm still travelling and won't be able to exercise properly in the week to come, so I'm going to be merciless with my food choices...

Day 6:
    No sugar
    No wheat
    Drink drink drink (water of course! Nothing else) - min 8 glasses
    100 carbs or less
    NO splurging on junk while at the airport

Day 5:
    No sugar
    No wheat
    Drink min 8 glasses of water
    100 carbs or less

Day 4:
    No sugar
    No wheat
    100 carbs or less

Day 3:
    No sugar
    No wheat
    100 carbs or less

Day 2:
    No sugar
    No wheat
    100 carbs or less

Oct. 19, Weight:
  • skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    skymningen wrote: »
    1) Finish the docker :/Not quite. I will work on it more tomorrow.
    2) Find happiness in myself :|Mostly, I guess. Took a spontaneous trip to the hairdresser and am so much happier with my hair now.
    3) Listen to hunger cues and distinguish them from bored/stressed/thirsty/tired cues :)
    4) Be a loving gf :)
    5) Stay focused at work, ride this wave of productivity :)

I did okay yesterday. My bf is so down and depressed though, that after trying to help him over the phone I did sleep very little and really bad tonight. But in the morning he sounded slightly better, we booked our hotel for our little trip when I am visiting him and I finally felt good enough to tackle the day. Forgot about the plans here over talking on the phone and actually making plans, so I am cheating a little: Some of this I have already done-

1) Do all the laundry
    2) Plan nice dinners/lunches for the weekend and do the grocery shopping :)There will be scampi pasta and 'Coq au vin blanc' with brussels sprouts and potatoes. That is the most elaborate cooking I have been doing for weeks.
    3) Clean the flat (bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, vacuum everywhere, dust everywhere, tidy up everywhere)
    4) Be a loving gf
    5) Call parents

@Bex953172 , @MLHC1 You will be great mommies. In my humble opinion (not being one yet), the most important thing in this is to 'do you'. It's your child, it has a lot of those genes that you have been living with all your life already. It is your body that bears it, it is you that will spend the next decades being close to it. There are so many 'must haves' of pregnancy and child rearing that just came up in the last years. Why? People had children before that. Medicine has it's place in it (and to some extend has always had in a way), but the motherly intuition also should never be suppressed. So do you, girls. Your kids will be just fine.
    @Bex953172 Do you want some name ideas... :p I used to collect first names, look up the meanings and such. I could probably throw some out still. Just kidding. You will find something that matches.
  • Bex953172
    Options
    1) Finish the docker :/Not quite. I will work on it more tomorrow.
    2) Find happiness in myself :|Mostly, I guess. Took a spontaneous trip to the hairdresser and am so much happier with my hair now.
    3) Listen to hunger cues and distinguish them from bored/stressed/thirsty/tired cues :)
    4) Be a loving gf :)
    5) Stay focused at work, ride this wave of productivity :)

I did okay yesterday. My bf is so down and depressed though, that after trying to help him over the phone I did sleep very little and really bad tonight. But in the morning he sounded slightly better, we booked our hotel for our little trip when I am visiting him and I finally felt good enough to tackle the day. Forgot about the plans here over talking on the phone and actually making plans, so I am cheating a little: Some of this I have already done-

1) Do all the laundry
    2) Plan nice dinners/lunches for the weekend and do the grocery shopping :)There will be scampi pasta and 'Coq au vin blanc' with brussels sprouts and potatoes. That is the most elaborate cooking I have been doing for weeks.
    3) Clean the flat (bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, vacuum everywhere, dust everywhere, tidy up everywhere)
    4) Be a loving gf
    5) Call parents

@Bex953172 , @MLHC1 You will be great mommies. In my humble opinion (not being one yet), the most important thing in this is to 'do you'. It's your child, it has a lot of those genes that you have been living with all your life already. It is your body that bears it, it is you that will spend the next decades being close to it. There are so many 'must haves' of pregnancy and child rearing that just came up in the last years. Why? People had children before that. Medicine has it's place in it (and to some extend has always had in a way), but the motherly intuition also should never be suppressed. So do you, girls. Your kids will be just fine.
    @Bex953172 Do you want some name ideas... :p I used to collect first names, look up the meanings and such. I could probably throw some out still. Just kidding. You will find something that matches.

Yeah everyone can fire away with names!!

As you all know I have a Saskia and Marley, so fond of the unusual.
    Not too fond of traditional names and nothing with a crazy spelling!
    And I love things with meanings :)
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Just skimming through and noticed a little tension...
    @azulvioleta6 and @Bex953172 I can tell that the subject of babies is close to both your hearts as many of who have struggled with pregnancy or miscarriages can relate. Love you both on this thread!

I will be happy when I complete my commitment with one of my volunteer groups in Feb. I have over extended myself, added stress to our family and it's not helping w/my tendency to make unhealthy food choices. I'm going to take a look at the year ahead to have a plan in place for these Ypres of committments. I'm ordering my fridge calendar & the giant year at a glance calendar today. These are great for tracking my daily weigh in.

Drink water 9 cups.
    Track meals today
    Walk dog w/DD (slow walker)
    Flu shot
    Take DD to swim lessons and use weights at gym
    Volunteer project
    Plan Sunday School art craft
    If possible watch a movie I've wanted to see for months
    Start journaling again
    Early bed

I posted my 21st Anniversary on FB with our wedding photo. God, if I could just have the body/energy of that 26 year old again. :smiley: DH is on an island in ME w/a bunch of Boy Scouts staying overnight near a haunted lighthouse. I will hopefully be watching an Indie film while DD is sleeping. Yep, the passion continues ;)

Have a great weekend ladies!
  • MLHC1
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Starting out as a good morning so far :smiley:

The boys are up being productive with Saturday chores, I made homemade breakfast tacos (enough for the week) and we are about to enjoy a little college football (my team is playing then my hubby's team plays a big game today). I also already have dinner in the slow cooker :D The slow cooker has been my best friend during this pregnancy!! I plan to complete my research analytical project today, two of my boys have projects for school we will work on and my oldest one will be organizing a few things to prepare for remodeling his new room. All-in-all it should be a fun and productive day ;) I hope everyone enjoys their Saturday!!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    @Saragirl2 What a beautiful wedding photo!!!! Happy anniversary!

• skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I am so mad at myself. I seem to have lost my list of all time favourite names.
    So I wrote down some of the more unique ones that I remember. Actually, two of them were school friends of a school friend of mine named... Saskia. So I though it was fitting to add them in. One is my own name. :# Two are definite "I am planning to name my child this if the father agrees" names for me (I love so many names, I have to decide on some subset to present to a father, or any man would leave me screaming before the baby is even born.)
    Just to 'get a feel' for what you might like. If I know that I could probably come up with more tomorrow. Also, names that are unique for me might not be unique for you, @Bex953172.

Floriana
    Lyra
    Simin
    Meredith
    Leona
    Dunia
    Sina
    Solveig
    Lauryn
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    Just for Friday:
    Log every bite :(
    Added Sugar <29g; Carbs <75g :(
    Finish my build for OB classes :)
    85 oz of water :/
    Leave work by 2:00 today--actually take back some of the extra hours I put in this week. (biting my nails...probably will fail on this one. I'm usually the last one here on Fridays because I never follow through with this!) :(
    Go to bed early tonight so I can get up and go to Farmer's Market tomorrow. Haven 't been there since first week it opened! :/
    Stay positive. Smile. Be a No-Drama Mama! :)
    Simple Abundance chapter tonight, and log in my gratitude journal (I really don't need to write this one anymore because it's a habit that I have to do or I can't sleep! LOL!) :)
    Enjoy the day! Be in the present moment today. :)

Didn't do well AGAIN. I've been staying up too late at night worrying about a situation that I am helpless to fix but can't stop trying. So, I'm not preparing for my day before heading to bed and then I'm running around last minute, discombobulated all day. When I'm tired, I eat whatever is handy to grab and it's never anything healthy.

So, I know what I"m doing wrong. Now I just need the motivation and energy to change it. But every day is a brand new beautiful day full of possibilities, right?

So....J4T:
    1. Journal intake faithfully
    2. Drink 85 oz water
    3. Meditate and take time to pray for serenity
    4. Take a walk
    5. October bills
    6. Meal plan / grocery list
    7. Gratitude journal and read Simple Abundance tonight

If I fail at these goals again today, then tomorrow I have a plan to come at it from a different angle... :yum:
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Bex953172

I like Bronwyn & Reese.

Our daughter is named after my mother in law's maiden name Regan.

Have fun choosing a name.