Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• PrincesseAly23
    PrincesseAly23 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Wow I've really not been keeping track of this at all! I need to get back into the habit of daily goals! This morning I was 189.2! I'm getting closer and closer! It's a major motivation and I want to keep up this great trend! I know things would be much better if i was drinking more water... so that will be my mail goal for today:

Just for today:
    Drink 8 glasses of Water❌
    Stay within Carb goal❌
    RELAX and enjoy the day✅ (I've been stressing BIG time for the past week and a half... not sleeping properly etc because I need to make some BIG life decisions about my job etc. this week)
    Go to Bible study tonight ✅(It's been a long time and I know this will do me some good. especially in terms of my anxiety levels).

So I didn't make my food or water goals today... but it was a very good day overall. I'm feeling calmer and happier and I think I've finally made some decisions about where my life is going.

Tomorrow's goals:

Drink 8 glasses of water
    Stay within Carb goal
    No sugar
    Stay zen (do NOT let work stress me out)

• bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    JFT Wednesday
    1. TV and glass to recycling exchange :/ TV gone but forgot the glass at home... next time
    2. Satellite group :) great time, my place next week
    3. Optometrist appt :) eyes actually still super sensitive from yesterday
    4. Grocery shop :)
    5. More water :)
    6. Brush and floss by 8pm :)
    7. Bed by 10 :) need to continue this

JFT Thurs
    1. House cleaning day
    2. Bake cupcakes (not for me to eat)
    3. More water
    4. Brush and floss by 8pm
    5. Bed by 10
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,210 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    JFT, Wed
    1. log all food :)
    2. concentrate on 2 glasses of water with each meal, and 2 glasses inbetween, 2 glasses in the evening. Goal is 8 glasses of water :) Had to work hard to get this done though! I ended up pretty much just "gulping" down the water.
    3. brush and floss teeth to keep from eating in the evening :/ I was gone until 9:30, so even though had my bowl of popcorn, still did OK.
    4. get back on here tomorrow - be accountable for just these few goals :)

Goals again will be simple. NEED to get this water drinking down!

JFT, Friday
    1. log all food
    2. water - 2 glasses with each meal, 2 glasses for afternoon, and 2 in the evening
    3. brush and floss teeth after dinner to keep from eating
    4. mow grass
    5. put down fertilizer -- its suppose to be 75 tomorrow, before we get the cold front - of 49 degrees on friday!
    6. dig out flowers before they all die with frost - clean up yard
    7. get back on here tomorrow - be accountable
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options

So glad to be back on posting. I'm so behind in reading your piste, I enjoy them so much!

Heading out to walk dog then yoga. Haven't done it in many months. Used to love it!
    Research kettle ball routines online.
    Drink water 9 CUPS
    Track meals today. Chicken enchiladas w/extra veggies.
    Baking for an event-minimal sampling!
    Listen to a podcast by Cookie Rosenblum to keep bingeing in check.
    Journal.
    Meditate Calm App today.
    Bed by 10.

I have to focus on small goals...if it's the big picture, it's too overwhelming.
    Have a great day!
  • asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Just for today: October 26, 2017
    Log all food
    Plant perennials
    Exercise: 20"
    Practice: one hour, minimum
    Put away summer clothes
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Saragirl2 wrote: »

I have to focus on small goals...if it's the big picture, it's too overwhelming.
    Have a great day!

I love, love, LOVE this! I need to remember this. Break it into small goals, one step at a time. :smile:
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Good morning! I'm in the same boat as @Saragirl2 .... I'm really behind in posts because I wasn't feeling well and now I've been working a lot playing catch-up. I wanted to get caught up last night but just ran out of time again. I love reading about your days, so I really feel like I'm missing out right now!

Just for Today:
    1. Finish up lesson plans for Western WI go-live
    2. Log my intake - food and water
    3. Body Groove tonight for activity
    4. Meditate with Calm app
    5. Approach today with gratitude and peace.
    6. Pay end of month bills
    7. Submit vacation request for Arizona trip in February
    8. GET CAUGHT UP ON POSTS! :smiley:
    9. Gratitude journal and Simple Abundance book
    10. Leave work on time today and do not work at home. Go to Joanne Fabrics on the way home.

Habit-in-making:
    After dinner, approximately 6:15, take a walk.
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Stats...
    SW - 10/2/2017: 171.6 lbs
    10/9/2017: 171.2 lbs
    10/16/2017: 171.6 lbs :( Definitely the wrong direction)
    10/23/2017: 171.2 lbs

Challenge Weight by 12/31/2017: 166 lbs

Personal Mini Goals:
    Mini goal: 165 lbs
    Mini goal: 160 lbs
    Mini goal: 155 lbs
    Mini goal: 150 lbs
    Ultimate goal: 145 lbs

Height: 5'4"
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,489 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Recap W 10/25
    1) Walked dog 3.02 miles before work, saw Orion and Venus = happy me and happy dog :smiley:
    2) Happy hour with former colleagues after work / enjoy one drink and their company / order healthier option from menu, or better yet, eat leftovers when get home = 1 pint beer & "healthier" pub food & popcorn for supper. To counteract, I drank 14c water and Fitbit 14,674 steps, 250+ steps 13/14 hours & 40 floors. Hope this helps. :p
    3) Bring planters in / frost warning tonight = Almost forgot, but done. And so pleased to see that hubby switched screen insert for glass in front door. <3:smiley:
    4) Floss / bedtime & TV off 10:15 (need my sleep!) = Yes / almost (10:20) :smiley:

JFT R 10/26
    1) Walked dog 3.02 miles before work, have to reroute slightly due to road closed, but can't see what b/c it's pre-dawn. A bit nippy this morning at 34F. Hard to see stars with light cloud cover. Happy dog. :smiley:
    2) Stop at service station & have "check tire pressure" light on 2012 car checked & cleared. My old 1997 car never warned me.
    3) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    4) Net calories green
    5) Do > 4 items on to-do list in evening, either before or after choir rehearsal....500th anniversary of Reformation this weekend, singing at 3 services over 2 days.
    6) Unwind 9:30 / floss / bedtime & TV off 10:15

Have a great day, everyone!
  • groundhog07
    groundhog07 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    JFT 10/25/17:
    1. Log food, stay within macros - :smile: Front loaded calories before noon yesterday; not really a strategy just a coincidence but wanted to note it.
    2. visit MLOG - woo hoo! already done. :smile:
    3. Finish correspondence - :smile:
    4. seriously, I gotta write web content today - First draft, so progress but I can't scratch it off yet
    5. Practice vulnerability when engaging with my stepson - :smile: Good discussion about my mental health struggles to make it safe for him to discuss his, a step toward normalizing the issues to reduce part of the struggle (note: both getting medical attention but we don't discuss the problems openly and I have a sense it will help all of us - I hope so)

JFT 10/26/17
    1. Log food, stay within macros
    2. Mythical land of Gym again - does anyone else use a program at the gym that interfaces with MFP? Our Y has it and it's cool but for some reason yesterday didn't work quite right; likely user error
    3. Continue web content tasks
    4. Update LinkedIn profile and connections
    5. Practice vulnerability by revealing something personal to someone I don't know well. I think this can be a small thing, perhaps unimportant to the receiver, but an act of courage for me.

Hope it's a good day for all of you!
  • brittk2013
    brittk2013 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Yesterday
    1. Drink 9 cups of water. :) I think I got more, but I know I at least got 9.
    2. Stay green in calories. :) 229 left, but my carbs and fat were crazy high. Oops!
    3. Clean the house for speech evaluation at 4pm. :) It wasn't perfect, but it's never going to be which is fine.
    4. 3000 steps :) 5309! All that cleaning helped.
    5. Stay productive during nap time. Don't go nap with him. There's too much to do! :) As tempting as it was, I stayed up, cleaned, and did homework.

Today
    1. Stay green on calories
    2. At least one quiz done
    3. Go for a walk after work
    4. Hair color tonight
    5. Work on schedule starting next month
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    JFT 10/25/17:

5. Practice vulnerability when engaging with my stepson - :smile: Good discussion about my mental health struggles to make it safe for him to discuss his, a step toward normalizing the issues to reduce part of the struggle (note: both getting medical attention but we don't discuss the problems openly and I have a sense it will help all of us - I hope so)

It will definitely help!
    Being open and honest about how you feel and how it affects you is a big part!
    It’s accepting you as a person with a mental health struggle.
    Me and my partner are both unwell mentally, his life long, mine “short term” even though I’ve had it going on 3 years now!

Talks around mental health do need to be normalized and talking about r will keep you and your step son!
    Well done!
    It’s not an easy thing to do!
  • asclepsia
    Options
    @cschmitz110515 : choir rehearsal....500th anniversary of Reformation this weekend, singing at 3 services over 2 days.

That's a lot of singing! Will you be singing in a Lutheran church? The church where I played for 10 years is having an organ recital on Sunday, based on Lutheran chorales; lots of good music that was adapted from those chorales, especially by Johann Sebastian Bach.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    asclepsia wrote: »
    @cschmitz110515 : choir rehearsal....500th anniversary of Reformation this weekend, singing at 3 services over 2 days.

That's a lot of singing! Will you be singing in a Lutheran church? The church where I played for 10 years is having an organ recital on Sunday, based on Lutheran chorales; lots of good music that was adapted from those chorales, especially by Johann Sebastian Bach.

Oh --- I wish I lived closer to go to this!! LOVE LOVE LOVE Organ music!!
  • mytime6630
    edited October 2017
    Options
    JFT, THURSDAY
    1. log all food :)
    2. water - 2 glasses with each meal, 2 glasses for afternoon, and 2 in the evening :/ Had 2 glasses at breakfast, but completely forgot to do this for lunch and dinner. But ..... drinking my water tonite.
    3. brush and floss teeth after dinner to keep from eating :) Going to do this soon. And Yes -- I did not get into any of that halloween candy. I put it downstairs where my husbands office is! Being a closet eater, I know I won't go down there to get it.
    4. mow grass :)
    5. put down fertilizer -- its suppose to be 75 tomorrow, before we get the cold front - of 49 degrees on friday! :)
    6. dig out flowers before they all die with frost - clean up yard :) Cleaned up the rose bushes, but I am going to wait to dig up the annuals in our front yard. They still look so pretty --- so hoping it won't get too cold tonite to freeze them!
    7. get back on here tomorrow - be accountable :)

JFT, Friday
    1. log all food
    2. water - 2 glasses with each meal, 2 glasses for afternoon, and 2 in the evening
    3. get back on here tomorrow - be accountable
    4. brush and floss teeth after dinner to keep from eating
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I'll be posting my yesterday's completes in a bit.
    JFT Fri
    1. Laundry
    2. Birthday gift shopping
    3. Pool
    4. Dinner at Subway
    5. More water
    6. Brush and floss by 8pm
    7. Bed by 10
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    Need to start from scratch!
    My pre winter cold has arrived so my face is just so itchy, continuously sneezing and sniffling!

What I have achieved...(pre pregnancy)
    - Lost 8lb.
    - Reduced carbs massively
    - Started to train my mind against cravings (saying no and being happy about it)
    - Regular exercise increasing in duration and intensity

What I want to have achieved by NewYear
    - Increase my water intake to 4pts daily
    - Log everyday
    - Have a suitable exercise regime
    - Regularly crochet to build a business (if I can)

JFT: Friday
    - Drink minimum 2 pints
    - Log everything
    - Get dogs nails clipped and walk him
    - Write down an exercise regime to start next week.
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options

Good Morning Everyone!

Enjoyed yoga yesterday. I was the least coordinated person in the room but I felt so good afterwards and it's carrying over into today. A real mood elevator. I still had to take 3 ibuprofen before bed but it'll improve as I continue w/classes. The instructor even spritzed lavender oil on our wrists!

While pretracking my meals today, I clicked on Success Stories on the MFP home page and read an inspiring story. Picked up a few pointers that I hope to apply today such as increasing my water and how to make commitments stick, etc.

Heading out to walk dog then yoga - again!
    Research kettle ball routines online.
    Drink water 11 CUPS
    Track meals today.
    Preplan weekend meals, do some prepping.
    Finish up baking.
    Listen to podcast while walking.
    Journal.
    Try to break the cycle of procrastination.
    Meditate Calm App today.
    Try making homemade chai tea.
    Bed by 10. Finally went to bed early last night and feel so much better. It's a cycle that I have to break once in a while.

I bought Halloween candy, it's in the closet. 2 days ago I broke open one bag and had two fun size pieces but I didn't log them. Going fw I will log if I eat any more but I'm hoping I won't. I will try to drink something hot instead.

I'm rooting for you all!! :smiley:

• asclepsia
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    Just bought 2 bags of snickers, and 1 bag of Reese Peanut Butter cups! NOTE TO MYSELF:: DO NOT OPEN THESE BAGS OF CANDY!! They are for little trick or treaters - not for myself!!
    It's so hard to not grab one of those little goodies!