Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Replies

• MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    @Bex953172 Lol!! :D I'd love to travel that way some day. Cooking has always been something I have enjoyed, recently with school I haven't had the time. If you ever need some recipes or ideas, I could help out ;)
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,145 Member
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    @Bex953172 Lol!! :D I'd love to travel that way some day. Cooking has always been something I have enjoyed, recently with school I haven't had the time. If you ever need some recipes or ideas, I could help out ;)

Haha recipe or not, my food tastes like €rap :sweat_smile:

Although could do with something new to make!
  • MLHC1

✔Today we are all relaxing a bit but my hubby and I will move forward with our remodeling projects.
    ❌Make grocery list (just for the week)
    ❌Grocery shopping
    ❌Elliptical
    ❌Walk dog ~ 15 min.
    ✔Dinner by 7 pm
    ❌Bedtime by 10 pm

I am happy to hear everyone is doing well and enjoyed their holiday :blush:

I didn't follow through with my plan today. I ended up taking a nap and enjoying some peaceful time with my hubby :blush:
    There's always another day for productivity!!

@Bex953172 I'll share some recipes tomorrow. I have some awesome slow cooker recipes, do you use one of those?
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,595 Member
    Recap Sat. 11/25 = No idea what hubby wants to do...maybe a movie? He was still asleep from 2nd shift. Temps back to normal (in the 30s) & very windy, no dog walk planned.
    1) Drink >10c water = 10c :smile:
    2) Net calories w/i 100 green = Not even close b/c I couldn't resist crunchy Cheetos straight out of the bag when hubby had an evening snack. :s
    3) Short to-do list = Done :smiley:
    4) Floss & retainers / bedtime 10:30 (can't let long weekend screw up my sleep pattern) = Nope / nope :/

JFT Sun. 11/26
    1) Bible class & church
    2) Walk dog
    3) Make pea soup
    4) Short to-do list
    5) Watch Packers game 7:20 / floss & retainers / bedtime as soon as game over
  • dlm4mom
    dlm4mom Posts: 251 Member
    Boy I have fallen off the wagon. Goal for tomorrow log food, drink water and walk. Back to basics.
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    JFT Saturday
    2. MORE water :)
    3. Baking for hubby and work :)
    4. Quilt :)
    5. Walk/pool :/ not happening ... wasn't feeling well
    6. Subway for dinner :)
    7. Brush and floss :)
    8. Bed by 10:30 :)

JFT Sunday
    1. Water :)
    2. Laundry :)
    3. Quilt :)
    4. Brush and Floss :)
    5. Bed by 10:30 :)

JFT Monday
    1. MORE water
    2. Walk
    3. Quilt
    4. Brush and floss
    5. Bedtime by 10:30
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Morning everyone! Haven't done this before, but here goes :)

Monday:

1. Prelog and eat only what’s been prelogged.
    2. Plan dinner before leaving for school: Portobello Quesadillas ✔
    3. Daily practice: Duolingo, audition monologues
    4. 10k steps, 2x8 floor push-ups, 2x30 sec wall sit, 2x60 sec plank, 2x30 sec lunges
    5. Prep breakfast and lunch upon return from school, or after Christmas show.
    6. Cleaning: 20 minutes putting away laundry
    7. Daily writing: 30 minutes - blog?
    8. Check in after Christmas show; meds; teeth flossed/rinsed/brushed; in bed by 10:45

Woke up stupid early this morning and couldn't get back to sleep. Not sure if it's stress from school or what; this week promises to be an active one. Mostly in a good way, but that can still result in my brain going into overdrive! But I've got dinner planned and lunch packed and now it's off to sort laundry! :D
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,595 Member
    Recap Sun. 11/26
    1) Bible class & church = done & done :smiley:
    2) Walk dog = 3.62 miles & happy dog B)
    3) Make pea soup = done & yum! :smiley:
    4) Short to-do list = done + extras :smiley:
    5) Watch Packers game 7:20 / floss & retainers / bedtime as soon as game over = done :'( / done (forced myself b/c didn't want to) :D / done but later than wanted, thus no dog walk M a.m. :/

JFT M 11/27 - non-dog walk day (Packers played Sun. night game & late to bed)
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    2) Meals & snacks are prelogged / stick w/ plan / net calories green
    3) To-do list after work
    4) Unwind 9:30 / floss & retainers / bed & TV off 10:15
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,241 Member
    After 5 days of awful eating, trying to get back on track! We had a wonderful time with our son and grandsons, but too much pie, dressing, sweet potatoes, smores, etc etc. And why do I do this, when I feel awful from not eating healthy.
    But .... lots of exercise with the grandsons, and even though the scale this morning showed me at 192 -- up almost 5 pounds ..... its time to get back on track! I went to the gym yesterday, but not today, as so much to do around here.

but, JFT, MONDAY, Nov 27
    1. concentrate on drinking water
    2. no more pie, etc. get rid of it all!!
    3. log ALL food
    4. get out and rake leaves today, and go for a walk, since no gym this morning. But. .... it is suppose to be 70.
    5. aim to maintain weight during the holidays. Do not set myself up for failure. Enjoy the holidays, which does involve more eating, and don't stress

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,414 Member
    @clicketykeys Welcome!

I'm slowly getting back to normal. Still headachey, fatigued and don't have much steam, but not nauseous anymore. Good thing, because I start my new job tomorrow! My new boss called to welcome me and talk about my schedule for the week. I am both excited to start a new chapter and nervous about learning something brand new after being in my comfort zone for >23 years! I have two full days of orientation tomorrow and Wednesday, where we go over policies and benefits and meet leadership from the organization, etc. I will be having lunch with my new boss. I am SO NERVOUS, but my husband keeps telling me I shouldn't be. He says I get along so well with people that I will be fine.

Since I still don't feel great, my goals will be to the point today.

Just for Monday:
    1. Journal every bite
    2. Increase water intake
    3. Find outfit to wear for first day tomorrow, even if I have to go to the store and buy one
    4. Go to hair appointment for cut and color
    5. Spend today doing something relaxing
    6. Unplug one hour early, meditate and read Simple Abundance, sleeping by 10:00

Have a wonderful day!!! :smile:

Adding Number 7: Be patient with my husband who is extraordinarily crabby today, making everyone around him tiptoe through the house. I don't do well with that...not for very long anyway :smirk:
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,414 Member
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    I woke up in a bad bad mood this morning, I was very tired, very grouchy. Until I took the dog out and realised we had about an inch of snow!

Instant happy mood! The dogs never seen it before so he was proper giddy and my 3yo was happy!

It’s just so fitting, as today is our towns “Big switch on” so through the town centre we have stalls, a massive Xmas tree, a bit of music, street performers and of course... Santa is turning on all the lights through the town centre!

This is the first year we’re going due to the eldest being properly old enough!

Can’t wait!

How was it??? Did you have a blast? This sounds like so much fun!!!
  • MLHC1
    Monday 11/27 JFT:

Regular morning routine for kids
    Breakfast with hubby
    Sm. Grocery list for the week
    Grocery shopping
    Lunch
    Elliptical
    Walk dog ~ 15 min.
    Stretch and rest 20 min.
    Research work from home (several hours)
    Dinner by 7 pm
    Bedtime by 10 pm

@Bex953172 I have not forgot about the recipes, I just want to use my computer to log onto MFP to do so. I'll share a few slow cooker recipes and my favorite chicken enchiladas recipe. Surprisingly they fit in well with most diets, depending what you add or subtract from them :blush:

@clicketykeys Welcome!! It sounds like a great start for MFP JFT!! Don't let school stress you out too much, Lol! I know 'Tis the season for last minute midterms and finals but hang in there. Exercising will definitely help you stayed focus during this time and help with stress. Good luck!!
    (Just to introduce a little so you understand my MFP JFT a bit ➡️ I'm a mother of three, expecting our fourth in May, Chemistry student and a wife to a wonderful hubby :blush: So my intensity of exercise has to accommodate my pregnancy and my doctor's have advised against calorie counting. For me currently, I am trying to maintain a habit so when I can start losing weight again, the transition is easier. However, I am always here for encouragement no matter the struggle; you've got this!! :D )
  • Bex953172
    edited November 2017
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    I woke up in a bad bad mood this morning, I was very tired, very grouchy. Until I took the dog out and realised we had about an inch of snow!

Instant happy mood! The dogs never seen it before so he was proper giddy and my 3yo was happy!

It’s just so fitting, as today is our towns “Big switch on” so through the town centre we have stalls, a massive Xmas tree, a bit of music, street performers and of course... Santa is turning on all the lights through the town centre!

This is the first year we’re going due to the eldest being properly old enough!

Can’t wait!

How was it??? Did you have a blast? This sounds like so much fun!!!

No :(
    OH was poorly.
    Fortunately we hadn’t told the kids about it so the didn’t know they were missing out.
    There was another switch on the day after in the next town along that we frequently go to and we missed that too due to OH and littlest being poorly again.

I’m fed up of being sick
    So fed up.
    I’m STILL coughing :(
    My backs not sore but now just my whole rib cage. So I can’t get comfy, can’t sleep and I throw up about 4-8 times a day from coughing. The tablets for my heartburn are essentially ineffective because I’m coughing so much it just won’t stay down.

They can’t X-ray me to check for infection (and even then if it’s viral there’s nothing they can Medicate me with) but they gave me antibiotics which then gave me ANOTHER more embarrassing (and itchy) symptom in the nether regions.

I just wish I could sleep til March.
    I feel so miserable.
  • Bex953172
    edited November 2017
    @MLHC1
    I don’t have a slow cooker :(!

But would love the enchilada recipe lol!
    But yeah take your time! No rush
  • MLHC1
    edited November 2017
    @Bex953172 Here are two fav. recipes I developed in the kitchen just through taste testing :blush: That is why I do not have exact measurements for everything, Lol.

Chicken Enchiladas:

1 whole chicken
    1/2 onion (quartered)
    1 bay leaf
    1 tsp rosemary
    1 tsp thyme
    1 tsp salt (optional)

Boil chicken with spices for 90 minutes / until cooked all the way through.

While chicken is cooking, prepare vegetables.

Dice 4 tomatoes, 2 avocados, 1/2 onion

Add to your liking --> fresh spinach and green Chiles.

Slightly fry corn tortillas in Olive oil (or butter), do not make too crispy. (One whole chicken will make ~ 40 enchiladas)

Warm refried beans ~ 20 ounces.

Peel meat from whole chicken and shred. Place in large bowl, add all vegetables, add two large cans of enchilada sauce (I use Old El Paso Red Enchilada Sauce). Mix thoroughly. Take each tortilla and spread a spoon full of refried beans then add a large spoon full of enchilada sauce mix and roll up tortilla. Place in a baking pan. Repeat until all tortillas are used. Then spread refried beans over the top of each rolled enchilada and spread remaining sauce mixture over the top. Add cheese (I use Colby or Mexican mixed cheese.) Place in oven at 400°F until cheese is melted. Remove from oven and let cool. Add salsa and sour cream if desired.

Chicken Parmesan:

Use meat malet and pound 6 chicken breast until half the original size. Dip each raw chicken into Alfredo sauce (I use Bertolli Alfredo sauce, 1 jar.) Then place chicken in a mixture of parmesan cheese (kind of "breading" the chicken with parmesan). Place onto baking pan and sprinkle parsley over each chicken (not alot). Then bake for ~ 20 minutes on 400°F.

I usually serve this with Pasta Shells with Alfredo cheese sauce (my kids favorite - "cheese shells") and a green vegetable like brussel sprouts or asparagus and a salad.

This is one of my favorites and it is from MFP blog.

Baked Hummus-Crusted Chicken | Recipe http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/baked-hummus-crusted-chicken/

Hope you enjoy!!
  • MLHC1
    Monday 11/27 JFT:

✔Regular morning routine for kids
    ✔Breakfast with hubby
    ✔Sm. Grocery list for the week
    ✔Grocery shopping
    ✔Lunch
    ✔✔Elliptical➡️20 min.
    ✔Walk dog ~ 15 min.➡️10 min.
    ✔Stretch and rest 20 min.
    ✔Research work from home (several hours)
    ✅Dinner by 7 pm➡️7:30 pm
    ✅Bedtime by 10 pm➡️as long as I can finish up my required research work.

I'm so happy today was successful :blush:
    I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their evening / day.
  • scarlettsky7
    scarlettsky7 Posts: 128 Member
    Hey anybody can add me as a friend!

My goals are to hit the gym as much as possible even if it's yoga
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,241 Member
    edited November 2017
    @Bex953172 -- I am so sorry you are sick!! Being pregnant with little ones is not a good time to be sick. I hope you start to feel better soon, and will be able to enjoy some of those festivities.

@OConnell5483 - I know you will do great on your new job!! I am sure you are a bundle of nerves, but once you get started, I know you will love it. Its as if it were meant' to happen. But ... I hope you also are feeling better, so you feel good for your new job!

@MLHC1 - thank you for sharing your chicken enchilidas recipe! I make chicken burritos a lot (kinda the same, except I use salsa). I will have to try this - always looking for new recipes!

@clicketykeys - welcome! You will love this group!!

NOT the best day today. I get really down when my son and grandson leave. Plus, I think I get more depressed when I eat junk food, which I have been doing. I should have thrown out the last of the pumpkin pie, but instead I ate it :s . Well.... tomorrow is a new day, and hopefully I can do better!

MONDAY, Nov 27
    1. concentrate on drinking water :/
    2. no more pie, etc. get rid of it all!! :/
    3. log ALL food :)
    4. get out and rake leaves today, and go for a walk, since no gym this morning. But. .... it is suppose to be 70. :/ Wanted so bad to get outside, but this time of year we are so busy, so it just didn't happen. And it gets dark like at 4:30 now! Hopefully I can try again for tomorrow!
    5. aim to maintain weight during the holidays. Do not set myself up for failure. Enjoy the holidays, which does involve more eating, and don't stress :)

Tues, Nov 28
    1. log all food
    2. eat salads - healthy food. Detox from sugar
    3. drink water
    4. try and get out and rake leaves
    5. trip to goodwill to drop off 3 boxes of stuff to donate; take the 8 doggie beds I made to the humane society
    6. work on chemo hats
    7. get back on here - be accountable
    8. go to the gym

• niciploppi
    niciploppi Posts: 20 Member
    Hey anybody can add me as a friend!
    Hi I shall add you. Needing support too X
  • niciploppi
    niciploppi Posts: 20 Member
    joan6630 wrote: »
    @Bex953172 -- I am so sorry you are sick!! Being pregnant with little ones is not a good time to be sick. I hope you start to feel better soon, and will be able to enjoy some of those festivities.

@OConnell5483 - I know you will do great on your new job!! I am sure you are a bundle of nerves, but once you get started, I know you will love it. Its as if it were meant' to happen. But ... I hope you also are feeling better, so you feel good for your new job!

@MLHC1 - thank you for sharing your chicken enchilidas recipe! I make chicken burritos a lot (kinda the same, except I use salsa). I will have to try this - always looking for new recipes!

@clicketykeys - welcome! You will love this group!!

NOT the best day today. I get really down when my son and grandson leave. Plus, I think I get more depressed when I eat junk food, which I have been doing. I should have thrown out the last of the pumpkin pie, but instead I ate it :s . Well.... tomorrow is a new day, and hopefully I can do better!

MONDAY, Nov 27
    1. concentrate on drinking water :/
    2. no more pie, etc. get rid of it all!! :/
    3. log ALL food :)
    4. get out and rake leaves today, and go for a walk, since no gym this morning. But. .... it is suppose to be 70. :/ Wanted so bad to get outside, but this time of year we are so busy, so it just didn't happen. And it gets dark like at 4:30 now! Hopefully I can try again for tomorrow!
    5. aim to maintain weight during the holidays. Do not set myself up for failure. Enjoy the holidays, which does involve more eating, and don't stress :)

Tues, Nov 28
    1. log all food
    2. eat salads - healthy food. Detox from sugar
    3. drink water
    4. try and get out and rake leaves
    5. trip to goodwill to drop off 3 boxes of stuff to donate; take the 8 doggie beds I made to the humane society
    6. work on chemo hats
    7. get back on here - be accountable
    8. go to the gym

Hi I'm get more depressed when I eat junk too especially when it's out of control and then it's a vicious circle hard to get out of xx good luck with today