Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Replies

• asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    Saragirl2 wrote: »
    Glad to see you back!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,595 Member
    Recap T 11/28
    1) Walked dog 3.09 miles before work = happy dog :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 17,682 steps, 250+ steps 14/14 (boom) hours & 36 floors :smiley:
    3) Leftovers for lunch & supper / keep net calories green = Totally forgot that spa open house included wine tasting and wonderful appetizers, which I sampled. Guestimated with quick add for food log, and reduced supper somewhat. Net calories green? :|
    4) Drink > 10c water / I'm finding it really helps flush sodium from my system, good for my bp = 14c :smiley:
    5) Errands after work & mail bday card = Done but not home until 7:30, later than planned. Dog and Kitty very happy to be fed and loved on. :smiley:
    6) Unwind 9:30 / floss & retainers / bed & TV off 10:15 = Nope / nope (exhausted) :( / done :smile:

JFT W 11/29
    1) Walked dog 3.07 miles before work & happy dog :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    3) Boil eggs when home for lunch
    4) Happy hour with former colleagues after work / preview menu online & select healthy (not fried) option / enjoy one adult beverage while enjoying friends company
    5) Floss & retainers / bed & TV off 10:15
  • mmartin7613
    mmartin7613 Posts: 37 Member
    I would like to join in the group. I really like your JFT name. I'm 51 and just quit smoking on Sept 23 and since then I have added too many lbs. I'm gonna turn that around now. I started my healthier food yesterday and successfully drank 10 glasses of water, actually tracked everything & did a 10min youtube cardio video. Here we go...

JFT
    Less creamer & sugar in my coffee
    Drink 10 glasses of water
    Keep tracking everything.
    10 to 15 min youtube cardio video.
    Walk on my break
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    edited November 2017
    Tuesday 11/29 JFT:

Regular morning routine for kids
    Breakfast w/ hubby :)
    Run a few errands
    Bake holiday Banana Bread for Friends
    Lunch w/ hubby
    Walk dog ~ 15 min.
    Elliptical
    Rest and stretch
    Regular afternoon routine for kids
    Research work from home
    Dinner by 7 pm
    Bedtime by 10 pm

Today should be fairly relaxed and easy going. It is good to see everyone returning from the holidays and welcome to all the newbies :smiley:
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,145 Member
    I would like to join in the group. I really like your JFT name. I'm 51 and just quit smoking on Sept 23 and since then I have added too many lbs. I'm gonna turn that around now. I started my healthier food yesterday and successfully drank 10 glasses of water, actually tracked everything & did a 10min youtube cardio video. Here we go...

JFT
    Less creamer & sugar in my coffee
    Drink 10 glasses of water
    Keep tracking everything.
    10 to 15 min youtube cardio video.
    Walk on my break

Can I ask which cardio video you do :)

I was doing loads of these before I got pregnant (and got everyone else to try one :sweat_smile: )
    Nearly killed everyone on the thread haha (including myself :lol: )

So can’t do any atm but like to know what others do for when I get back in shape after baby!
  • mmartin7613
    I use to use pop sugar fitness (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBINFWq52ShSgUFEoynfSwg) and will again. The last 2 days I just typed in 10 minute workout for small spaces and picked one. Contrats on the baby. :)
  • mmartin7613
    Thank you for the nice welcome and Welcome to the new newbies.
  • Bex953172
    I use to use pop sugar fitness (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBINFWq52ShSgUFEoynfSwg) and will again. The last 2 days I just typed in 10 minute workout for small spaces and picked one. Contrats on the baby. :)

Awesome they’re the ones I do!! (Did)
    I love the 25 minute one with Simone De La Rue!

One her videos (not a pop sugar one) was 40 mins long and was for a company called Sweaty Betty and oh my god. That was the one that nearly killed everyone haha I was pouring in sweat whilst doing it!
    I still couldn’t complete it all pre-pregnancy!
    But got close!
  • mmartin7613
    Bex953172 wrote: »

Awesome they’re the ones I do!! (Did)
    I love the 25 minute one with Simone De La Rue!

One her videos (not a pop sugar one) was 40 mins long and was for a company called Sweaty Betty and oh my god. That was the one that nearly killed everyone haha I was pouring in sweat whilst doing it!
    I still couldn’t complete it all pre-pregnancy!
    But got close!

I will check that one out. I will have to work up to it. I'm in the worst shape I've ever been. Thank you for a great goal to work towards. I'm gonna say that I will do that video in 2 weeks. Can you send me a link so I can add it to my calendar? Please please please. :smiley:
  • Bex953172
    https://youtu.be/-VEP9zl8K-4

That’s the pop sugar one

https://youtu.be/t5Xyb2h_KHo

That’s the sweaty betty one. In this one she does 3 sets. Each set is 1 part cardio and one part like weights or core work, so building strength.
    So it’s cardio, strength, cardio, strength, cardio strength. I managed the first 1 and a half sets at first and tbh I thought I’d never manage it!

But once I got used to the routine, that helped as I wasn’t getting confused or anything or out of time. And then I think after 2 weeks I could do the first 2 sets.
    So don’t let it put you off if you don’t get far! Just keep trying!
  • Bex953172
    Oh and I didn’t have any weights handy, she even says in the video to go get a tin of beans!! :lol: no getting out of it!
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    Tuesday 11/29 JFT:

✔Regular morning routine for kids
    ✔Breakfast w/ hubby :)
    ✔Run a few errands
    ✔Bake holiday Banana Bread for Friends
    ✔Lunch w/ hubby
    ❌Walk dog ~ 15 min.
    ❌Elliptical
    ✔Rest and stretch
    ✔Regular afternoon routine for kids
    ✔Research work from home
    ❌Dinner by 7 pm➡️8:30 pm
    ❌Bedtime by 10 pm➡️10:30 pm

Well today was only successful in the sense that I got plenty of rest :blush: I wasn't expecting to be sooo tired and craving beef, lol. So daily plans and dinner plans were altered. I'm not going to stress over it; I'm just going to go to bed and start over tomorrow.
  • niciploppi
    niciploppi Posts: 20 Member
    niciploppi wrote: »
    Tuesday
    1. Weighed in to see the damage .....done
    2. log........done
    3. No binging .........done
    4. drink more water.......could have done better

Wednesday
    1. Log ......done
    2. No binging ........done
    3. Be happy
    ........done

Thursday
    1. Log
    2. No binging
    3. Be happy
    4. Do that damn garden

• asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    asclepsia wrote: »
    asclepsia wrote: »
    JFT:
    JFT: Tues, Wed.
    Drink more water-- :):)
    facial exercises: 10" or more :):)
    Exercise: :):)
    Correspondence: thank you notes, birthday cards--mailed two
    check on ailing friend--sent a text; will call tomorrow
    Walk--20" or more :):'(
    Duolingo: 5" or more :):)
    Good day! But I need to log the food I ate. :)
  • MLHC1
    Thursday 11/30 JFT:

Regular morning routine for kids
    Breakfast
    Research (at university 9 am - 1 pm)
    Lunch
    Elliptical
    Regular afternoon routine for kids
    Dinner by 7 pm
    Bedtime by 10 pm
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Checking in from yesterday:
    1. Prelog ✔ and eat only what’s been prelogged. ✔
    2. Plan dinner before leaving for school: Stir-Fry ✔
    3. Daily practice: Duolingo ✔, audition monologues ❌
    4. 10k steps, 2x8 floor push-ups, 2x30 sec wall sit, 2x60 sec plank, 2x30 sec lunges ✔
    5. Prep breakfast and lunch upon return from school, or after shift if I get called in. ✔
    6. Cleaning: 20 minutes putting away laundry ✔
    7. Daily writing: 30 minutes - blog? ❌
    8. Check in by 9 or after garden; meds; teeth flossed/rinsed/brushed; in bed by 9:30 / 11:00 ✔

Thursday:
    1. Prelog ✔ and eat only what’s been prelogged.
    2. Plan dinner before leaving for school: Portobello Quesadillas ✔
    3. Daily practice: Duolingo ✔, audition monologues
    4. 10k steps, 2x8 floor push-ups, 2x30 sec wall sit, 2x60 sec plank, 2x30 sec lunges
    5. Prep breakfast and lunch upon return from school, or after shift if I get called in.
    6. Daily writing: 30 minutes - blog?
    7. Check in after garden; meds; teeth flossed/rinsed/brushed; in bed by 11:00
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,595 Member
    Recap W 11/29
    1) Walked dog 3.07 miles before work & happy dog :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 13,444 steps, 250+ steps 13/14 hours (happy hour :wink: ) & 38 floors :smiley:
    3) Boil eggs when home for lunch = Done :smiley:
    4) Happy hour with former colleagues after work / preview menu online & select healthy (not fried) option / enjoy one adult beverage while enjoying friends company = Arrived at Mexican restaurant so hungry. Had enchiladas de camaron plate, so yummy & I ate entire thing...no to-go box like I planned. Also had few tortilla chips & salsa, not many, and 1 pint beer. Guestimated & logged everything best I could. Net calories red 810 and sodium red 2,555. Yikes! :s At least I drank 15c water, need to repeat Thurs. :p
    5) Floss & retainers / bed & TV off 10:15 = Done / done :smiley:

JFT R 11/30
    1) Walked dog 3.08 miles before work, saw 1 bunny in semi-darkness & happy dog :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    3) Another leftovers day / net calories green / lots of water to flush sodium
    4) After work pick up new eyeglasses & race packet for Sat. event
    5) Floss & retainers / bed & TV off 10:30 / Friday day off work & delivery of new washer & dryer

@Bex953172 Thanks so much for sharing the videos again! I want to start doing them when winter weather forces me to work out indoors. :smiley:
  • mmartin7613
    JFT
    8 to 10 glasses of water
    Track - track - track your food
    fast walk on lunch break

Not working from my home office today - more challenging today.