Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,034 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are all doing so great!!!

Wonderful to hear about the new job and your increased happiness and energy, @OConnell5483!

I took a day off yesterday, and I don’t regret it one bit!

JFT:
    - < 1400 calories
    - 60+ mins cardio
    - Put up Xmas lights
    - Finish shopping for my best friend’s girls
    - Mail holiday cards

Does it count if the day’s almost over and I’ve already done most of these things? I’m going to say yes. :D

Hope you all have a fabulous week!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,217 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I have missed so much not getting on here, and haven't even had time to log food or do anything but work :/ . Christmas season is always very busy for us, so trying not to get too stressed. (I guess everyone is buying their christmas presents from us!). We are shipping 5 things tomorrow, and my husband shipped 4 while I was out of town. WHile the sales are good, it can be very stressful for us.
    But ... I am almost finished with the christmas shopping (thank goodness for Amazon), and this year, I am not doing any baking. I baked sugar cookies for the grandsons to decorate while watching them ... and left them there.
    My weight is up back to 190 --- so I need to get back to logging my food and watching what I eat. Every year during the holidays, because of both stress and depression, I tend to gain weight, so I have to be aware of that, and be careful to watch what I eat, and continue to log food.

SO JFT, Tuesday
    1. log all food
    2. drink 8+ glasses of water
    3. go to the gym
    4. work on building circuit boards for minimum of 5 hrs
    5. pack and take stuff to UPS for shipping
    6. try and get 5 more chemo hats sewn (I now have almost 30 hats sewn to be picked up in January!).
    7. plan wednesdays meals
    8. tomorrows dinner - Hamburger/tater tot casserole w/ salad. Make ahead in the morning so it will be ready to just pop in the oven (calories 550, so plan day accordingly)
    9. call my daughter. She has been doing a lot of crying again - this time of year is very hard for her with depression. Just be there for her --- thats all I can do.
    10. try not to let myself get depressed when others talk about being with family members during this holiday season. My siblings are all gone, so this is the hardest time of year for me. Remember the good times. Don't dwell on all that I have lost. Don't eat to ease the pain.
    11. write out at least 10 xmas cards
    12. brush and floss teeth at 8 pm - no more eating
    13. get back on here tomorrow - be accountable
  • mytime6630
    Options
    12/9 = 158.5 surprised to say the least / first time in 10 years my weight is 1-5-anything! :love:

Reminder: Weight loss is not linear. At least not for me.

AWESOME JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    Other than that, I have one little negative event looming on Friday and I'm going to do my best to NOT get depressed about: My pap came back irregular and I have a suspicious lesion on my cervix so they are biopsying it Friday to determine if it is worth worrying over (If ya get my meaning; I refuse to insert the word we are all thinking, I just want positive thinking :wink: ) So those of you whom pray, I'd love to be on the list of prayer sometime this week, I would greatly appreciate the positive "vibes."

Sending prayers and hugs your way that all the tests will come back OK. Don't even think of that word -- positive vibes .....
  • mytime6630
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    3. Sewing :| not as much as I hoped

Be sure and show us a picture of your brothers quilt when you are finished!!!! :)
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    JFT Monday
    1. MORE water :)
    2. Bus at 7 ... made it, freezing in the dark but there on time
    3. Walk after work, I hope :) I was finally able to get out for a walk!
    4. Brush and floss :)
    5. Bed by 10:30 :)

JFT Tuesday
    1. MORE water
    2. Stay away from all the treats at work!
    3. Sewing
    4. Brush and floss
    5. Bed by 10:30
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    12/11 Monday JFT:

✔Regular morning routine for kids with the exception of the teenage drama :flushed:
    ✔Breakfast w/ hubby
    ✔Household manager list
    ❌Sm. Grocery Trip➡️will do Tuesd.
    ✔Run and get a haircut (I need a trim :lol: )
    ✔Laundry
    ❌Elliptical ➡️took a nap :relaxed:
    ✔Regular afternoon routine for kids
    ✔Dinner by 7 pm
    ✔Bedtime by 10 pm

Thank you ALL for the prayers and positive vibes!! It genuinely means a lot to me :heart: You all are such wonderful people and I'm grateful to be friends with you all :blush:
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Monday:
    1. Prelog ✔ and eat only what’s been prelogged. ❌
    2. Plan dinner before leaving for school: Baked Chicken ✔
    3. Daily practice: Duolingo ✔
    4. At school upon arriving: 2x8 floor push-ups, 2x30 sec wall sit, 2x60 sec plank, 2x20 sec some flexibility. 5k steps during the school day. ✔
    5. Daily writing: 30 minutes - blog? ❌
    6. Grocery store: 1 lime. ✔ Library: donate shopping bags. ❌ Take check to utility. ✔
    7. Gym after school. Warm-up song on elliptical, weights, 3m15s run @ 6.5 m/h on treadmill followed by walking to 10k steps. Ehhh. I walked to over 9k, knowing that it was early enough I'd hit 10k before bed. And I did - got there even before going to play practice. So: ✔
    8. Prep breakfast and lunches upon return from gym. ✔
    9. Leave for play practice by 8:15. ✔
    10. Check in after play practice; meds; teeth flossed/rinsed/brushed; in bed by 11:15. ✔

Scale goals
    Dec 1 weigh-in: 176.6
    Jan 1 goal: 169.6 - 7 lbs, should be ~1.5/week

Sunday weigh-in goal: 172.5; actual: 174.2
    Next Sunday goal: 171.0 - don't know if I'll make that.

Today: 178.0. (Doggone it!)

JFT Tuesday:
    1. Prelog and eat only what’s been prelogged. We have a snack trade going on before the holidays and I need to do like a quick-add of 200 cal and work around it.
    2. Plan dinner before leaving for school: Baked Chicken ✔
    3. Daily practice: Duolingo ✔
    4. At school upon arriving: 2x8 floor push-ups, 2x30 sec wall sit, 2x60 sec plank, 2x20 sec some flexibility. 5k steps during the school day.
    5. Email about masters program.
    6. Curate music collection. Sync with ipod.
    7. Daily writing: 30 minutes - blog? Dunno if this is going to happen today. Gotta get more grading done. :P
    8. Library: donate shopping bags.
    9. Gym after school. Strength class, then 3m15s run @ 6.5 m/h on treadmill followed by walking to 10k steps.
    10. Prep breakfast and lunches upon return from gym.
    11. Leave for play practice by 8:00.
    12. Check in after play practice; meds; teeth flossed/rinsed/brushed; in bed by 11:15.

@MLHC1 - Please let us know what you find out. We're all hoping for good news :)
    @joan6630 - Your schedule sounds similar to mine! I have SUCH a habit of overextending myself.
    @OConnell5483 - Wow! That's so awesome about the job! We spend a lot of our time at work, so having a fulfilling job and a positive work environment makes a huge difference.
    @Bex953172 - You mention misjudging rent. Does yours change? We were fortunate that when we were renting it was a consistent amount. Maybe it was because the utilities were separate?
  • MLHC1
    Options
    12/12 Tuesday JFT:

Regular morning routine for kids (no drama :joy: )
    Breakfast w/ hubby
    Prenatal Yoga
    Regular Grocery Trip (all 3 stores)
    Tidy up house
    Lunch
    Regular afternoon routine for kids
    Dinner by 7 pm
    Bedtime by 10 pm

Keep my mind on today (not Thursday or Friday). Stay positive and motivated today :smile:
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,091 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 - You mention misjudging rent. Does yours change? We were fortunate that when we were renting it was a consistent amount. Maybe it was because the utilities were separate?

No it doesn’t change
    But due to being on benefits we get paid weekly and fortnightly for different benefits and it’s just managing it so we pay the right bills at the right time and food shopping and stuff.

And we messed up a bit with it being Christmas!
    And we have to pay a bit extra than our normal rent for arrears we got from a year ago.

Our rent doesn’t include utilities as it’s private rent not social housing (although I’m pretty sure social housing pay utilities separate too but I’m not sure as I haven’t been in one before)
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,500 Member
    Options
    Recap M 12/11
    1) Walked dog 3.11 miles before work in snow showers...at mile two, before I knew it, landed on my backside where snow covered icy patch. Hat & headlamp lay few feet away, glasses askew, but not hurt, thank goodness. Never dropped leash. Happy dog. :smile: Time for treadmill walks & indoor workouts / sad dog and sad me. :/
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work (have meeting at 3pm) = Fitbit 15,643 steps, 250+ steps 12/14 hours & 38 floors
    3) Net calories green = All numbers red, esp. sodium, except sugar green...go figure! But after hair appt. very hungry & didn't want to take time to cook as planned / instead, stopped at famous Chili John's for takeout order, even bought one for hubby for end of work shift, which he appreciates. But sodium oh my! :p
    4) Have hubby help straighten real Christmas tree in family room, w/o getting "cranky" voice = I took time over lunch to explain my thinking about best process, and we executed w/o issue...tree now straight for good, and hubby not mad at my "tone". I need to remember this! :D
    5) Hair appt. after work / remember present = Done & done :smiley:
    6) Floss & retainers / bed & TV off 10:15 = Done :smiley: & done :smiley: / more like 10:30 :neutral:

JFT T 12/12 - Didn't sleep so well. Even though I had treadmill clothes prepped, I decided it's rest day. After all, I've walked dog 5 consecutive days for 16 miles, I need a break. :D
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    2) Participate in workplace hike at lunchtime / not sure if temps & wind will allow, since there's rule about wind chill factor (forecast high 18F and NW winds 15-25 mph)
    3) Brought leftovers for lunch / net calories green
    4) Evening: laundry, wash dishes, Christmas to-do list
    5) Unwind 9:30 / floss & retainers / bed & TV off 10:15 (plan 3 mile treadmill walk W before work)
  • shasbot
    shasbot Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    :)
  • MLHC1
    Options
    JFT T 12/12 - Didn't sleep so well. Even though I had treadmill clothes prepped, I decided it's rest day. After all, I've walked dog 5 consecutive days for 16 miles, I need a break. :D

I agree, you deserve a Rest Day :lol:
    Enjoy!!
  • asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    ["OConnell5483;
    ""I cannot believe how much difference this new job has made in my life"" [/quote]
    This is so good to hear, OConnell. You've made the right choice---and making that big decision is not always easy.
    SO happy for you!!! The best gift you could give yourself --
  • mytime6630
    Options
    SO JFT, Tuesday
    1. log all food :)
    2. drink 8+ glasses of water :/ NEED to start drinking more water instead of Diet Pepsi!!
    3. go to the gym :/ Exhausted today, so slept in since our workdays are so long right now
    4. work on building circuit boards for minimum of 5 hrs :) Worked from 9:30 until 7:30 pm!!!!
    5. pack and take stuff to UPS for shipping :)
    6. try and get 5 more chemo hats sewn (I now have almost 30 hats sewn to be picked up in January!). :) Plan to do this tonite yet
    7. plan wednesdays meals :) Chicken and Rice casserole tomorrow
    8. tomorrows dinner - Hamburger/tater tot casserole w/ salad. Make ahead in the morning so it will be ready to just pop in the oven (calories 550, so plan day accordingly) :) Helped so much having this planned - just had to stick it in the oven
    9. call my daughter. She has been doing a lot of crying again - this time of year is very hard for her with depression. Just be there for her --- thats all I can do. :) Daughter is out here right now, so that is a good thing.
    10. try not to let myself get depressed when others talk about being with family members during this holiday season. My siblings are all gone, so this is the hardest time of year for me. Remember the good times. Don't dwell on all that I have lost. Don't eat to ease the pain. :)
    11. write out at least 10 xmas cards :/ I am too tired tonite; maybe later I'll catch a second wind
    12. brush and floss teeth at 8 pm - no more eating :) Going to go and do this now!
    13. get back on here tomorrow - be accountable :)

JFT, Wed
    1. log all food
    2. stick to just ONE diet pepsi. Concentrate on drinking more water
    3. go to the gym
    4. work on circuit boards for at least 5 hrs
    5. run to DHL for shipping
    6. try and sew 5 more chemo hats
    7. work on xmas cards - get at least 10 done. Since I had write letters with most of mine, will be nice getting at least 5 done, but aim for 10
    8. get back on here tomorrow - be accountable
    9. 8+ servings of veggies
  • MLHC1
    Options
    12/12 Tuesday JFT:

✔Regular morning routine for kids (no drama :joy: )
    ✔Breakfast w/ hubby
    ❌Prenatal Yoga➡️shopping took all mornkng then i took a nap in the afternoon
    ✔Regular Grocery Trip (all 3 stores)
    ✔Tidy up house
    ✔Lunch
    ✔Regular afternoon routine for kids
    ❌Dinner by 7 pm➡️ 8 pm
    ❌Bedtime by 10 pm➡️ 11 pm

Keep my mind on today (not Thursday or Friday). Stay positive and motivated today :smile:

Well, I'm not succeeding on my exercises this week :disappointed: I've been extra tired and I'm not to sure why. They say you should have your energy back by 20 weeks but maybe this little one just needs me to rest a little more before getting back to a normal schedule, Lol :lol:
  • MLHC1
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I had to go out of town for a family emergency but I am back now. Did my exercises every day except monday

Sorry to hear about your family concerns, I hope all is better :heart:

Great job on succeeding with your exercises regardless of life's little inconveniences :wink:
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Just for Monday
    1. Stay in the green. :/I gave into ice cream AGAIN! Was in the red by about 300 calories. Bad Tracie!!!
    2. Added sugar <29 g :/See above. Ice cream...
    3. Carbs <75 g :/
    4. Ten 8 oz glasses of water :)
    5. Decorate sugar cookies tonight when I get home, and bake Peanut Butter and toffee bits cookies for Bake Sale at work. :)
    6. Learn one new thing today at work. :)Learned a few new things and worked on improving a current process.
    7. Get 3 tasks done today at work so I can feel productive. :)Actually got quite a few things done! Took initiative to take over one of the tasks they didn't want to overwhelm me with. So that was pretty cool.
    8. Hit my new step goal :/ Not sure. Battery on FitBit died.
    9. Prep for tomorrow, tonight :)
    10. Unplug one hour early to read and gratitude journal. :)

Thank you to those of you who commented on my new job. I really was scared but took that leap of faith and so far it has really paid off. I didn't realize how stressed I was until I wasn't anymore...if that makes sense?

Been doing a lot of baking. They have a bake sale at work and the money goes to charity. So, my husband is not happy that I'm baking and taking the stuff out of the house, but it's for a good cause. I managed to bake tonight and not eat one single cookie. I also managed to stay away from the ice cream. (There's a first time for everything, right?)

I realized I've logged into MFP almost a year now, every single day, and I gained rather than lost. There's just something really wrong with that. So, no ice cream for this girl tonight. They ordered in food for lunch today. Noodles and Company. I had never eaten there and pasta is like my kryptonite! I really wanted to try the mac & cheese, but I went with a Caesar salad. That was hard! :smile: Their pasta looked awesome!

Anyway, Just for Tuesday...this is what I did
    1. Stay in the green :)
    2. <29 g of added sugar :)
    3. Water, water, water :/Not nearly enough. I broke down and had a Diet Mountain Dew during our 3 hour meeting this afternoon. It's pretty rare that I drink soda.
    4. Bake Glazed poppyseed bread :)
    5. Learn one more new thing at work. :)
    6. Do at least 3 tasks on my own today at work. :) I'm getting a bit braver.
    7. Unplug right after typing this and read Simple Abundance. Gratitude journal 5 things I'm thankful for today.
    8. Log in tomorrow morning. Be accountable!