Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,334 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new people! So glad to have you! This is a fantastic group of people. Keep coming back and it really does help.

I haven't set my goals for a few days, so I'll just summarize what I did manage to do today.

Just For Wednesday
    1. Journaled every bite of food.
    2. Tracked water intake
    3. Not quite to step goal yet but I do think I will hit it before bedtime
    4. Learned at least one new thing at work today
    5. Actively participated in two meetings in my new position today and actually knew what I was talking about! WHOOP WHOOP!!!! :mrgreen:
    6. Put in 8 hours and came home without having to bring home my laptop or any work. Can I get another WHOOP??? :wink:
    7. Listened to Optimal Living Daily podcast this morning.
    8. Prepared for tomorrow, tonight.

Now I plan to hop on Amazon and order Bex's (and Joan's) bullet journal and then curl up on the couch with a blanket and either a mystery or an adult color book and colored pencils. Bed early to write in my gratitude journal and read Simple Abundance for today.

HAVE A WONDERFUL EVENING! Love and blessings to all. <3
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,069 Member
    Options
    I feel rotten tonight

The cough is still lingering. Back and ribs are fine but tummy muscles are feeling it now! Pelvic floor is being put under strain from it and the acid reflux is only just under control. So with every coughing fit i wonder if I’ll throw up or pee myself, or cough enough to give myself a headache
    Anyway, something in our bedroom sets me off big time and I don’t know what it is!
    Some nights I can sleep okay but the last 3 I haven’t. It’s now 2.30 am, I’m on this stupid lumpy sofa. Can’t sleep. Can’t stop coughing and my legs are so restless!!

I’ve got an inhaler, cough medicine, home remedies and nothing at all is shifting it or even making an impact. So going back to the drs tomorrow (hopefully) to get some sort of answer as to what’s going on. They need to figure this out now don’t they it’s been so long!

@OConnell5483 so glad you like the book idea and are buying one too!!!
    Haha I feel like cheerleading you all because I’m no use to myself at the moment so at least I can keep all of you on track!

If I get moany and grumpy again feel free to tell me to shut up lol.
    I’m at “that stage” of pregnancy where you’re just fed up. Of everything. Very grumpy indeed.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,197 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    I feel rotten tonight

I’m at “that stage” of pregnancy where you’re just fed up. Of everything. Very grumpy indeed.

You are never too grumpy for us, dear Bex!!~! But .... I do hope you start to feel better soon. At your stage in pregnancy, you deserve to be grumpy. Much less feeling awful to boot! So hopefully you can get a good nites sleep, and the doctor will be able to give you something to help you. 3 more months ..... right?????
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Today’s goal accomplished B) I’m off to bed o:)

Great job accomplishing your goals for today!!Off to a great start!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    I feel rotten tonight

You are never too grumpy for us, dear Bex!!~! But .... I do hope you start to feel better soon. At your stage in pregnancy, you deserve to be grumpy. Much less feeling awful to boot! So hopefully you can get a good nites sleep, and the doctor will be able to give you something to help you. 3 more months ..... right?????

9 weeks left!
    (Ahhhhhhhhhh)
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Today’s goal accomplished B) I’m off to bed o:)

Great job accomplishing your goals for today!!Off to a great start!

Thanks! <3o:)

I woke up so sore this morning and my apartment is freezing :s Anyway my goals for today are.......

- Workout for 30 mins
    - Stick to my meal plan
    - Do laundry
    - No late night binging
    - Be nicer to myself
    - Get to bed on time
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,474 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Recap 12/27 - Back at work, need to start up on treadmill again. But today that alarm was a rude awakening. :D
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Not too bad, definitely room for improvement. Fitbit 7,873 steps, 250+ steps 11/14 hours (see #3) & 26 floors :smile:
    2) Class at noon / brought leftovers for lunch / net calories w/i 100 green = Ate my healthy leftovers but net calories very red (see #3)
    3) Happy hour after work with former colleagues at Mexican restaurant / preview menu online & select dinner before / enjoy one adult beverage & skip tortilla chips & salsa = Wonderful to catch up with these folks. Previewed menu and selected chicken enchilada dinner, didn't finish all the beans & rice, so good for me. Enjoyed 1 12oz beer, another good for me. Didn't eat any chips & salsa, yay. Got home and later dove into pistachios bowl...what the heck?!? Ack!!! :s
    4) Floss / retainers / bed & TV off 10:15 (out of habits a little) = Done :smiley: / done :smiley: / not quite, more like 10:30 :/

JFT R 12/28 - Slept instead of treadmill before work, still getting back to normal routine. :# I will get back on treadmill this week, I promise. Today's workplace snowshoe hike has been canceled b/c wind chills are below 0 degrees F. We may get several inches of snow this afternoon, so maybe shoveling can be my workout. :p
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    2) Net calories green / drink > 12c water
    3) Evening: no choir rehearsal / boil eggs / make Italian veggie pasta soup / do at least one thing on short to-do list
    4) Floss / retainers / bed & TV off 10:15
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    @OConnell5483 Whoop! Whoop! Whoop! :D

@Bex953172 Sending "get well" wishes your way!

@bootyrubsandtacos Awesomeness!! You're kickin' butt :lol:

@soulraver Welcome and way too go!! You are off to an awesome start, keep that momentum going!! :wink:

@FindingLaurie You are right, one day at a time!! This helps create a healthy lifestyle bc let's face, life happens :joy:

@joan6630 Don't Stress over the scale!! 2018 is your year!!! I believe in you young lady :wink:

@cschmitz110515 Sometimes sleep is just what you need! Recovering from the holiday chaos is totally understandable! Plus shoveling snow would definitely replace the treadmill :wink: But a few extra days to regroup is totally allowable :blush: You kicked butt this year!!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,474 Member
    Options
    @MLHC1 Thank you, I needed to hear that today! :blush:
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    JFT Wednesday
    1. Water :)
    2. Clean Christmas up :) leftover fudge is in the fridge. It's not freezable or I would. Instead I'm giving away as much as I can. Hubby seems to be eating too much of it. :/
    3. Tidy studio :) getting there. Serger is away in it's case. Next step is continue cleaning off the table so I can spread out my brother's quilt.
    4. Brush and floss :)
    5. Bed by 10:30 :)

JFT Thursday
    1. Water
    2. Continue tidying studio. The quilt is calling.
    3. Slow cooker dinner.
    4. Brush and floss
    5. Bed by 10:30

@joan6630 I hope your hubby's appt. went
    well. Sorry you're not feeling great.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    But, JFT, even though it is still the holiday season, I have to get back on track
    1. log ALL food :/
    2. just because it is my hubbys birthday, no reason to eat junk food :) But I did have one piece of cake
    3. find a indoor exercise video to do. It is 8 degrees out today --- so didn't make it to the gym. Fighting a cold on top of it! :/ Feeling really crappy with this darn cold!
    4. drink water :)
    5. get back on here tomorrow /// be accountable! :)

I've been trying to fight off a cold, and it just keeps getting worse. Which makes me grumpy and frustrated! I have been drinking orange juice, which I know is adding to the scale, and have not been to the gym since before Christmas.
    So I'm going to try and take it easy today, and just rest, and drink more water instead of orange juice. And.... stay off the scale :'( Too depressing :'(

SO JFt, Thursday
    1. rest to try and get rid of this cold
    2. try not to snap at hubby and daughter. Rest instead
    3. drink water
    4. eat as healthy as I can. No more sugar!!

And for those who asked, my husbands appt went OK. They are going to do a stress test and a echocardiogram on January 5th, so hopefully that will all be OK. But we liked the cardiologist, and feel very comfortable with him.

Hope you all have a great day!
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Did I ever tell you guys how so very thankful I am for all of you!!! This thread has the nicest, most caring friends!! I look forward everyday to getting on here. You have all kept me going throughout the year, and I hope for all of you, it is the same.

@joan6630 I could not have said it better. Joining this group was exactly what I needed to keep going. Thank-you for setting the JFT thread up. I very much appreciate it.
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    @OConnell5483 Whoop! Whoop! Whoop! :D

HAHAHA! I didn't really expect anyone to catch that... You made me giggle at my desk! Thanks for that! :mrgreen:
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    @cschmitz110515 Sometimes sleep is just what you need! Recovering from the holiday chaos is totally understandable! Plus shoveling snow would definitely replace the treadmill :wink: But a few extra days to regroup is totally allowable :blush: You kicked butt this year!!

Absolutely agree! I live vicariously through all the activity and fun things that @cschmitz110515 does! You deserve to rest. You and Joan have really been rock stars this year! My inspiration to keep going some days...
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options

And for those who asked, my husbands appt went OK. They are going to do a stress test and a echocardiogram on January 5th, so hopefully that will all be OK. But we liked the cardiologist, and feel very comfortable with him.

So very glad to hear this! You both are in my prayers! (((HUGS))) xoxox
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Another gray and gloomy day here in Wisconsin. 7 degrees but the wind chill factor brings it down to -5 degrees. No walk at lunch today! Although the building I work in now looks large from the outside, there's really not much room to even walk through the halls during the day. So, looks like I'm going to have to dust off the treadmill tonight....you know, put away the sweaters that are hanging on it, dust off the controls, move boxes piled on it...

Just for Thursday:
    1. Journal every bite.
    2. Increase water inatke
    3. Leave work at 4:30 and do not take work home with me
    4. No social media after 8:00 p.m. (except MFP if needed)
    5. No ice cream tonight with husband
    6. Treadmill for 30 minutes.
    7. Read the final chapters of the mystery I've been enjoying
    8. Prepare for tomorrow, tonight - coffee maker, pack lunch, set out clothes, pack work bag
    9. Unplug one hour prior to bed. Gratitude Journal. Read Simple Abundance Chapter

Have a wonderful evening everyone!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    But, JFT, even though it is still the holiday season, I have to get back on track
    1. log ALL food :/
    2. just because it is my hubbys birthday, no reason to eat junk food :) But I did have one piece of cake
    3. find a indoor exercise video to do. It is 8 degrees out today --- so didn't make it to the gym. Fighting a cold on top of it! :/ Feeling really crappy with this darn cold!
    4. drink water :)
    5. get back on here tomorrow /// be accountable! :)

I've been trying to fight off a cold, and it just keeps getting worse. Which makes me grumpy and frustrated! I have been drinking orange juice, which I know is adding to the scale, and have not been to the gym since before Christmas.
    So I'm going to try and take it easy today, and just rest, and drink more water instead of orange juice. And.... stay off the scale :'( Too depressing :'(

SO JFt, Thursday
    1. rest to try and get rid of this cold
    2. try not to snap at hubby and daughter. Rest instead
    3. drink water
    4. eat as healthy as I can. No more sugar!!

Hope you all have a great day!

Stop fretting about the scale! You’ve done a good job this year! And to get a cold around now is just proper rubbish. I know how hard they are to shift! Just relax, take it easy!

You’re putting too much stress on your mind about the weight, the scales, eating right and drinking right and calories...it’s going to send you insane!
    Just fu€k it. Let it go and breathe.

Instead, I suggest you spend the next few days getting your mind straight for the new year. Refocus, figure out what you want to achieve next and how you’re going to do it. And have your plan in place ready for the first of Jan! This gives you a couple of days break, a chance to get completely pi$$ed (guilt free!) and start the new year afresh and you can leave the stress of 2017 behind you!

Also! Reflect on 2017. Have a think and tomorrow come back and tell me FIVE achievements/positive affirmations!
    Give yourself credit where credit is due!

And as for your October challenge, you said you wanted to maintain or lose 5lb. And from when you weighed the other day you were up 3lb.
    Now, I remember when you started that challenge and the reason was because you normally put on in excess of 10lb over the Christmas period. Now, don’t you think 3lb is a MASSIVE improvement to what you normally gain? Think about it :)