Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Okay. I'm back.

I've been down with some kind of upper respiratory yuck, and taking care a of a kiddo suffering the same ailment. But we are both on the mend, and I am feeling almost 100%. So, I am going to set some goals today, and I am going to do my best to stick to them.

Goals for 1/11/2017
    - Water: 100oz
    - Food: LOG IT ALL
    - Activity: 45 minutes
    - No snacking after baby bed time
    - Prepare overnight oats for a healthy breakfast
  • aubsgg
    aubsgg Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    just for today 1/11

log all food
    at least 300 calorie deficit
    gym- circuit
    gym 15 min elliptical
    15 squats
    1 plank
  • 36alligators
    36alligators Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the kind welcomes! Yesterday was super busy so I didn't have time to do much on here besides log my meals, but I did get a walk in. Accomplished all my goals for yesterday and today, actually came in below calorie goal! Today was the first (likely only) really nice day in a long time, so I went on a nice long evening walk. To avoid boredom I tried a walking mindfulness meditation, and ended up in the pretty little park in my neighborhood at the perfect time to see a heron fishing and watch the sun set and the full moon rise. It was magical.

Goals for tomorrow:
    do some stretches in the morning
    come in at or below recommended calories
    try to eat more protein
    at least 30 min of exercise
    work on commissioned painting
  • cheer4you
    cheer4you Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I drank my water
    exercised over 30 minutes
    and called a longtime friend who I hadn't heard from for quite some time
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's commitments -

- Log everything I eat :)
    - No unhealthy snacks - No chocolate!! :)
    - Lunch less than 400 calories :)
    - Choose healthy option at dinner - five bean chilli or skinny burger :| I did have a healthy option.... and then I added a dessert. Not in the plan!
    - g&t only, NO WINE! :/ I had wine and G&T so again not in the plan. Having said that, on previous occasions when I've set this goal I've ignored it completely and drunk only wine, so this is a step in the right direction....
    - exercise class after work :)
    -30 + minute lunch break :)
    - Meditate :)
    - catch up on neglected project - get on top of things! :)
    - listen to music and power through, no faffing :)

Today's commitments -

- Log everything I eat
    - No unhealthy snacks
    - Stay within calories
    - don't procrastinate even though working from home....
    - listen to music and power through

Weighed myself this morning and seem to have pretty much lost my Christmas podge despite the odd slip up so pleased with myself!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,334 Member
    Options
    Just for today, Wednesday, 1/11
    Pretty much the same as yesterday!
    1. Stick to meal plan. Journal every bite, even cheats. :/ Got up at midnight and for some reason grabbed about 10 mini candybars! WTH? no clue what drove me to this.
    2. HYDRATE, WITH WATER!!! Coffee is not WATER! :/ Not enough. Fingers are swollen today which means i need more water
    3. Find floor exercises or weights (maybe yoga?) that you can do while I have to wear this stupid ortho boot. :( Worked until 8:30 last night again. Exhausted. I have my 40 hours in yesterday and it was only Wednesday!
    4. Unplug one hour before bedtime, read and journal. :/ Worked late. I did read and unplug, but it wasn't until late.
    5. Make significant progress on my project for Rusk and WWD at work. You probably won't finish it today but you can by Friday if you just concentrate and stop procrastinating! Stop letting all the little things distract you! :/ Yesterday was terrible. I worked at home and my husband and graddaughter who lives with us were fighting all day. Could hardly concentrate. Got a lot of work done, but not what I wanted to.
    6. At least one random act of kindness :)

This week I will...
    1, Finish the 2017 budget
    2. Let someone know I'm thinking of them by sending them a handwritten letter
    3. Go to gym and have some "me" time
    4. Schedule a massage

Just for today, Thursday, 1/12
    1. Try to add foods to my meal plan slowly on this new short term maintenance plan they put me on
    2. HYDRATE! My fingers are like little sausages!
    3. Bring hand weights upstairs to at least tone upper body until i get the boot off.
    4. Unplug one hour before bed and read, journal and unwind
    5. Get my handouts done today. Get halogen stuff done.
    6. At least one random act of kindness. A little something can change a person's whole day

This week I will...

1. finish the 2017 budget
    2. Let someone know I'm thinking of them by sending them a handwritten letter
    3. Schedule a massage

• cheer4you
    Options
    Just for today I will drink 6 glasses of water, exercise at least one half hour, log my food, and try to enjoy winter !!
  • woznube7
    woznube7 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Just for today: 11/12/17

Drink 5 bottles of water
    Fold and put laundry away
    Go to bed before 10pm
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,473 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

From yesterday W 1/11/17:
    1) Meditate in afternoon - YES - I want this to become a daily habit (again) :smile:
    2) Since friend had to postpone our dinner tonight, walk on treadmill in evening and complete 10,000 steps - YES - after work, changed and went straight to treadmill for 1.5 miles :smile:
    3) Stick to evening meal plan and NO snacks after dinner - YES - made new crockpot recipe and side, omitted the salad I originally planned to include, and only went over daily calories by <100 :smiley:
    4) Start a trend, and get up after first snooze alarm tomorrow a.m. - NO - the prior late night followed by extra early a.m. did me in, trying to catch up sleep

Just for R 1/12/17:
    1) Meditate in afternoon
    2) Drink 8 - 10 cups of water
    3) Log all food, including lunch with former colleague at Crystal Café (make healthy choices)
    4) Walk at least 25 flights of stairs
    5) Floss
    6) Bedtime no later than 10:30, lights and TV OFF!!
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    FeraFilia wrote: »

Goals for 1/11/2017
    X- Water: 100oz
    X- Food: LOG IT ALL
    X- Activity: 45 minutes
    X- Prepare overnight oats for a healthy breakfast

Well. Not all horrible yesterday. Because the only reason I'm not giving myself credit for "no snacking after baby bedtime" is I had a small cookie while I was preparing my oats. One cookie is so much better than sitting down with a bag of chips or otherwise large snack before bed. I consider that a huge win with TOM due any minute now (the bloat showed up with authority this morning!)

Goals for 1/12/2017
    - Water: 100oz
    - Food: LOG IT ALL
    - Activity: 45 minutes
    - Spend a little time outside
  • bookmeister86
    Options
    Today's commitments were :

- Log everything I eat :)
    - No unhealthy snacks :)
    - Stay within calories :/ Went over by 250, had toast rather than yoghurt for breakfast which was more fattening than i thought!
    - don't procrastinate even though working from home.... :) Definitely didn't procrastinate, was working in a panic all day....
    - listen to music and power through :/ Forgot to do this one and actually would have lifted my mood

Tomorrow's commitments -
    - Log everything I eat
    - Choose healthy option for lunch and dinner
    - one water for every alcoholic drink
    - no unhealthy snacks

- get up when alarm goes and get into work!
    - plug music in and power through
    - don't get overwhelmed by the stressful work situation. If get overwhelmed, take a deep breath and remind self that it's not the end of the world!
    - find things to delegate to other people to reduce load
    - don't resort to compulsive checking of work as a reaction to stress - check ONCE and then sign off
  • bookmeister86
    Options
    @OConnell5483 Sounds like you're having a similarly bad time to me at work at the moment! Hope it'll get easier for you soon....
  • aubsgg
    aubsgg Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    just for today 1/12

log all food
    at least 300 calorie deficit
    zumba
    yoga
    30 squats

yesterday 1/11

log all food :)
    at least 300 calorie deficit :) 500
    gym- circuit :)
    gym 15 min elliptical :)
    15 squats :)
    1 plank :)
  • colobon
    colobon Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm starting over again also. Actually I'm still getting psyched up to really start. I've updated my weight and goals in MFP and I've started logging in again. So, Just For Today my baby steps are:
    -Log everything I consume
    -Check my blood sugar throughout the day (half done)

I have to know where I'm at in order to see where I need to go.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,197 Member
    Options
    Wed, 1/11
    1. log all food :)
    2. concentrate on water!!!! WATER WATER WATER :/
    3. try and get out for a walk, or go to the gym if I feel OK :/
    4. watch carbs :)
    5. look up what kinds of food are the lowest in carbs :)
    6. run to sams :)
    7. clean my sewing area up :/

Late getting on here, but at least for the rest of today:
    1. get to the gym :) Already done!
    2. log all food (went to Chili's today for lunch, and did ok!
    3. drink water
    4. light dinner since I ate more for lunch
    5. clean up sewing area

Welcome all newcomers! I love hearing everyone's goals!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,334 Member
    Options
    @OConnell5483 Sounds like you're having a similarly bad time to me at work at the moment! Hope it'll get easier for you soon....

Yes, it's been really stressful! And I am a stress eater so it's a battle everyday. I see so many similarities in our posts that I really look forward to your posts, because I think you have some great ideas on how to deal with the work stress. :) I have tried some of your ideas and they helped! Thanks for that. I hope things get better for you real soon too!!!
  • cheer4you
    Options
    cheer4you wrote: »
    Just for today I will drink 6 glasses of water, exercise at least one half hour, log my food, and try to enjoy winter !!

• cheer4you
    Options
    Reached all my goals for today. It has been a little hard to enjoy winter, however. Calling for freezing rain tomorrow. Will be hard to not overeat.
  • KayHBE
    KayHBE Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join.

Start weight: 221
    Feb 1st: 210+
    Ultimate: 169

Just for today (Jan 13)
    1). Log my food
    2). Prepare weekend meals, prep veggies.
    3). Wake up and 'hit' the treadmill.
    4). Go for a walk outside.
    5). Walk over 10,001 steps.