Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• mksafire
    mksafire Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Main Goals:
    - Strong
    - Flexible
    - Calm

Daily Habits Goal:
    - 30 min workout in morning
    - Write/Journal 30 min a day
    - Meditate 20 min a day
    - Yoga every day
    - 7-8 hours sleep a night

Goals for the next two week:
    - In bed by 9pm
    - 30 min physical activity a day
    - Coffee down to one cup

Just for today:
    - Workout in morning
    - Journal after working out (working towards writing goal)
    - Meditate after work
    - Stretch before bed
    - In bed by 9pm

Yesterday:
    - Missed walking outside but stayed active inside doing chores
    - Tried out a new yoga app. Found out I hate it.
    - Stayed up super late working on a project and didn't get to bed early. It's always the struggle between the creative pursuit and health. Sometimes they do not coordinate. I decided to not judge and go with the flow and not give myself restrictions. Sometimes I am going to have nights like this and perhaps many more to come as I start to work on more digital art projects. It's part of the process of creating.

Today I am going into work after being out for over a week. We have been snowed in and I have been working remotely. I used that opportunity to find a ton of fitness apps and get my whole routine down here at home and now feel that I am ready to go back into my regular routine. :)

• shenna333
    shenna333 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Just for today:
    Start some much needed overdue tasks
    Spend the day my way and NOT get roped
    Into last minute grandchildren watching
    Meet my exercise goals
    More water
  • KayHBE
    KayHBE Posts: 906 Member
    Options

January 15, Sunday
    1). 100 more steps then yesterday. ✔️✔️
    2). Prep for slow cooker meal for Monday and left overs for Tuesday.✔️
    3). Grocery Shop and only get what's on my list.✔️
    4). Give myself a pedicure✔️

January 16 Monday

1). Get up early and hit treadmill before work
    2). Make lunch
    3). Eat lunch I packed
    4). Turn on crock pot for dinner
    5). Hit 10,001 steps
    6). Put laundry away.

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Sunday
    1. log all food :)
    2. Concentrate on water. Mix some crystal lite flavoring in a pitcher of water. :)
    3. get some sewing done :)
    4. organize at least ONE kitchen cabinet :/

I did so much better with my water yesterday, by flavoring a pitcher. This also helped me with snacking in the evening! So going to try and do this each nite, and hopefully, eventually, I can skip the flavoring. Make this a new habit.

My husband and I went out to eat last nite - finally able to get out after the 3-day ice storm. We went to Outback. I had their BBQd chicken, and only ate 1/2 of the meal, with the steamed veggies. But what I was proud of, was hubby wanted the blooming onion. So we ordered it. I took a small amount that I wanted, put it on my bread plate, and did not take anymore. I knew my husband didn't want to eat it all, so right away, we had the lady bring us a box, and boxed the rest up for our daughter to enjoy. Normally, he and I would eat the entire thing ourselves.
    So its learning and doing little things like this!

So JFT, Monday
    1. log all food
    2. get to the gym
    3. drink water -
    4. work on year end tax stuff
    5. work on building more PC boards
    6. get some sewing done

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Sunday:
    1. Plan and pre-track exercise for the week :)
    2. Track all food :)
    3. Weight/cardio workout :)
    4. 8+ cups water :)

1. Weigh in
    2. Track all food
    3. Weights + Zumba
    4. 60 situps
    5. 10 pushups
    6. 10+ cups water
  • hsk1990
    hsk1990 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Ive gone over calories for the last couple of days so my one daily commitment just for today is to stick to 1200!!
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Not a very good day yesterday. I found out I'm going to need an operation in around 6 weeks to remove a big growth (benign). This will require a month off work. Quite a shock!

Probably means I'm not going to be able to do my half marathon in March, as that'll probably be in my recovery period. That's pretty annoying as that was one of the factors that was motivating me to keep going with this.

I suppose my new motivation is getting as fit and healthy as possible before the operation! Mainly for health reasons but also because weight loss and maintenance will be pretty difficult in the recovery period when I'm not supposed to move much (I imagine).

Yesterday's commitments went a bit out of the window after that bombshell!

- Log everything I eat :/ Er, no.... distracted
    - No unhealthy snacks :| Actually didn't do too badly on this one, only had one small cake which is not bad as comfort eating goes
    - No alcohol :| However did drink 2/3 of a bottle of red wine....
    - Stay within calories with mini deficit :'( Due to wine
    - Meditate :/ No time due to hospital appointment taking ages
    - 30 min lunch break :/ No time due to hospital appointment taking ages
    - Focus on key priorities and be productive :/ No time due to hospital appointment taking ages
    - Listen to music to boost mood :)

Today need to get over it and crack on - too much work to sit around feeling sorry for myself and need to be healthy to get myself ready! Commitments are:

- Log everything I eat
    - No unhealthy snacks
    - No alcohol
    - Exercise class after work
    - 30 min lunch break
    - Meditate
    - Power through to-do list, one thing at at a time - no distractions
    - Turn off emails and listen to music to boost concentration
  • shenna333
    shenna333 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    shenna333 wrote: »
    Just for today:
    Start some much needed overdue tasks
    Spend the day my way and NOT get roped
    Into last minute grandchildren watching
    Meet my exercise goals
    More water

Didn't really accomplish 100%. Put a dent in, and it is progress.

Just for today:
    Get in water!! At least 8 cups
    10,000 steps. Keep the body moving!!!
  • mksafire
    mksafire Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Main Goals:
    - Strong
    - Flexible
    - Calm

Daily Habits Goal:
    - 30 min workout in morning
    - Write/Journal 30 min a day
    - Meditate 20 min a day
    - Yoga every day
    - 7-8 hours sleep a night

Goals for the next two week:
    - In bed by 9pm
    - 30 min physical activity a day
    - Coffee down to one cup

Just for today:
    - Workout in morning
    - Focus on drinking water

Yesterday was pretty good! I am snowed in where I live so I haven't been able to get to work. I attempted to take the bus to work and that didn't end up well and left me hiking to work. That ended up burning a ton of calories and I tried to use that time to enjoy nature and walking in the peaceful snow. It wasn't the best experience but it got me thinking. Taking the bus is a pain in the *kitten* but maybe I could try it out once a week and start bringing my bike with me. I used to take the bus all the time and ride my bike. I didn't' have to work so hard to workout when I was getting that much exercise every day. The problem is doing it every day (it gets old) and it is a pain in the *kitten*. So I'm thinking of challenging myself to once a week taking the bus and my bike and see how much riding I can get in. I can always take the bus home when it's too much. It's very hilly where I live!

I'm trying to think of more ways to incorporate physical activity into my day so I am just a more active person in general. I would rather do that than join a gym again. I like the exercise that's more of your day and not just something you do at this one place. I want to be active all the time. :)

So today since I am super tired and worn out I am going to keep it really simple with my goals. I am going to do my workout right after this and then focus on drinking water all day. I have been doing really good with cutting back on coffee and having fun with teas and replacements. I got 8 hours of sleep last night and was actually in bed by 9pm!
  • woznube7
    woznube7 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Goals for today:
    Drink water
    Stay within calories
    Smile

I have had a stomach bug or issue for the last few days and so i've been able to kind of reset my calorie intake and self-control. Hoping i'm on the mend and that this will be easier to stick to. Being ill is never fun and I haven't felt that way in a LONG time.
  • HG210
    HG210 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Goals for Everyday for now on:
    Be intentional in my eating habits.
    Change my eating habits to more healthy choices.
    Goals for Today:
    30 minutes on the Elliptical
    30 circuit training
    30 minutes just for abs.
    Continue drinking my lemon water.
    Eat my grilled ribs for dinner with no guilt because I earned it! But just two. :) LOL! :p
  • mytime6630
    Options
    @slittlemeister - gosh, I am so sorry you will be needing a operation. But very thankful that it is benign. That has to be very hard to go through, first waiting it hear it is benign, and now, waiting for the surgery. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. It is smart to try and get as healthy as possible before the surgery.
    I love your listening to music to boost your mood. I do this all the time - it really does help!

I did really good yesterday, until last nite. Hubby had what I call a "temper tantram" over a computer issue. He was in the midst of doing important stuff, when his computer acted up. He usually is a calm man, but this got to him. He tells me he just needs to let off steam - but then I am the one that gets upset over him. So I go and grab some Kettle potato chips, and before I knew it, had eaten half the bag. I had trouble sleeping - I think just because it was a stressful evening. So I didn't get my workout in today as I overslept, but hopefully, I can get out for a nice walk tonite.

Yesterday
    1. log all food :) - even logged those potato chips
    2. get to the gym :) Did 60 minutes, then got a short walk in after dinner
    3. drink water - :) Flavored a pitcher of water, so that helped
    4. work on year end tax stuff :)
    5. work on building more PC boards :)
    6. get some sewing done :)

SO JFT, Tuesday
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on water again
    3. get out for a walk
    4. work on year end tax stuff
    5. work on building pc boards
  • mytime6630
    Options
    woznube7 wrote: »

I have had a stomach bug or issue for the last few days and so i've been able to kind of reset my calorie intake and self-control. Hoping i'm on the mend and that this will be easier to stick to. Being ill is never fun and I haven't felt that way in a LONG time.

I just got over the stomach bug. I, like you, rarely get sick. I always have to watch myself when I am sick though, because unless my stomach is really upset, I tend to eat more

• mytime6630
    Options
    @mksafire - I am like you. I would much rather exercise outside, doing fun things like walking and riding my bike. Unfortunately, when it is below 32 though, thats when I need the gym. But I can't wait until it is nice out, and get back on my bike!

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    JFT January 17, 2017
    1. Eat when hungry, but don't wait until I'm ravenous
    2. Stop eating before I'm full
    3. Eat a pound of fresh veggies (easier than it sounds)
    4. Have belated Christmas get-together with dear old friend I've been putting off
    5. Jazzercise (already done)
    6. Commit to posting here again tomorrow (for some reason this has been tough lately, not sure why)

Karen in Virginia
  • sarajenivieve
    sarajenivieve Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Im copying so i remeber what to write lol
    My hope is that if I try and stick with goals, one day at a time, these new goals can become new, healthy, habits.

So since today is January 1st, 2017, here are my goals, Just for Today.
    Starting weight: 132
    Goal weight for jan 27(when i leave for my vacation): 125
    Ultimate goal weight: 120

Just for Today:
    1. log all food (done)
    2. Go over my 10k steps
    3. Exercise. If only 30 minutes, do something! :) Already accomplished this at the gym this morning :)
    4. do 20 squats every time i leave my desk

January goals:
    Gym at least 3x goal of 5x a week-including on vacation
    Log food (minus while im in cuba)
    be body positive while working toward my goals without obsessing

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I missed the last few days on here, and boy did I find myself missing everyone and wondering how you are doing! I tried to post the other night but when I clicked the Post Reply button, the entire text deleted and I was way too annoyed to do it over! It was, no doubt, probably a brilliant post too! LOL :D

@slittlemeister I am so sorry to hear about your upcoming surgery! But I am so relieved to hear it is benign! I had breast cancer so I know how hard waiting and wondering can be. I wish i would have had your insight as far as going into the surgery as healthy as possible. I think it may have helped me handle surgery and the subsequent chemo better. Keep it up! You are doing awesome and I look forward to your posts!

@joan6630 Sounds like me when my husband gets cranky and throws a fit. Straight for the potato chips I go! It's only one day. Could be much worse, and hey...you journaled them! I don't even do that! :smile: Hope today is better.

@mksafire I have issues with stress and anxiety also. Have for years. Since I really started paying attention to my diet and getting activity, taking time out for "me" with just quiet time either reading, journaling, listening to music, etc., I have actually started handling it better. I also deal with it better in the morning when I'm fresh. By the end of the day, that's when the anxiety kicks in and it is not a fun thing to deal with. So, my heart goes out to you. Sometimes I find that if I just take 20 minutes, sit somewhere quiet with a book, put my earbuds in and listen to a white noise app which plays the sound of a distant thunderstorm or rain, it really soothes me and helps me relax. I really think you have some great ideas! Keep it up.

@KayHBE I love your goal of "100 more steps than yesterday". What a good idea! I always set myself up for failure by setting some number that I know I won't hit and then feeling like a loser girl! I love this idea and I think I just may have to steal it from you! :wink:

Have a great day everyone!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Just for Today - Tuesday, 1/17

1. Journal every bite and stick to foods on my meal plan
    2. Hydrate!
    3. Try out the Leslie Sansone 3 Mile Walk DVD tonight after work. Ice storm last night so I can't even get to my mailbox without slipping and falling down outside!
    4. Increase FitBit steps by 100 from yesterday.
    5. Begin using hand weights and doing floor exercises tonight while watching TV with husband.
    6. Pack tomorrow's breakfast and lunch, tonight, so I can grab & go in the morning.
    7. Set out tomorrow's outfit tonight.
    8. Find one article of clothing or picture to hang as motivation to keep at it.
    9. Battle work stress! Make a list of projects, break them down into small tasks and check off each task as I complete it so I can actually see progress.
    10. Ear buds with music or the Rain app. Listening to rain soothes me.
    11. Bedtime one hour earlier, unplugged, to read and journal.
    12. Do something nice for my husband today to let him know that I haven't forgotten about him just because I'm having to work a ton of hours lately.
    13. Randomly give someone a reason to smile today.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options

1. Weigh in :)
    2. Track all food :)
    3. Weights + Zumba :)
    4. 60 situps :smiley:
    5. 10 pushups :)
    6. 10+ cups water :)

1. Track all food
    2. Dance??? Freezing rain warning mean I might not get to the city to do this...gym if I can get out of my driveway!
    3. 10 pushups
    4. 10+ cups water
  • margaritayniguez
    margaritayniguez Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I want to sign up for this one.

1. Log every single thing that goes into my mouth.
    2. Drink 7 glasses of water.
    3. Go to the gym and "work it out!"