What's your favorite, most used condiment for any meal?

Options
@Gallowmere1984 got me thinking about this mentioning sriracha (thank you!) in another thread, so that's added to my shopping list. Tell me your favorites. I love learning about new spices and foods. :)

My personal, most used go to these days is Dobbin House Tavern Habanero Peppercorn Hot Sauce. Steak, eggs, potatos, pizza and most anything else just doesn't taste right without it now.

mcizpsbvd1dy.jpg

Replies

• Jules_farmgirl
    Jules_farmgirl Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Sriracha and hot sauce!! I put it with almost everything and also in most of the foods I prepare!!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    We don't have the vast array of cool sauces you guys have. My most commonly used condiments are mustard, dijonnaise or HP sauce, boring i know. I can pour globs of that Hellmans mayo on just about anything though.

@Gallowmere1984 Is the king of condiments, and i'm sure he owns stock in the sugar free syrup company :tongue:
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Tabasco Green Pepper Sauce. On everything. And butter (does that count?).
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Nah, I'm too diverse in my tastes across brands to be able to invest heavily in any one of them. I do need to put in another order with Torani though. I've almost gone through all ten if my 750ml bottles already. All of those sugar-free syrups go amazingly in a dark espresso roast with SF Hershey's syrup and unsweetened cashew or coconut milk. It's like a cheap, really low-cal mocha.

One of my new favorites for food though, is Inglehoffer Wasabi-Horseradish. I've backed off a lot of the typical hot sauces since I started keeping my sodium to potassium ratios around 1:4.
  • Cylphin60
    Cylphin60 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Sriracha and hot sauce!! I put it with almost everything and also in most of the foods I prepare!!
    That's another vote for Sriracha - I have to get some soon.
    Tabasco Green Pepper Sauce. On everything. And butter (does that count?).
    You bet it counts! I love real butter. I even use it pretty liberally on broiled steaks. :)
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Sriracha. Definitely Sriracha. I'm also a fan of the Kernel Season's popcorn seasonings. They are low calorie and pretty good on vegetables or eggs.
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    Lemon juice. I love it!!!!! A squeeze on my veggies gives them extra flavour. Sprinkle some in a steak and it's just delish. It makes a great salad dressing too
    I'm so boring lol
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I don't use a lot of condiments regularly.
    We go through a lot of salsa and barbeque as a family though. We don't get the same brand every time. We often get Sweet Baby Ray's barbeque sauce.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Lemon juice. I love it!!!!! A squeeze on my veggies gives them extra flavour. Sprinkle some in a steak and it's just delish. It makes a great salad dressing too
    I'm so boring lol

Oh definitely lemon juice. It goes on all of our meat, seafood and veggies.
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Pace Picante -- Hot. Good as a dip, good on eggs, excellent on all Mexican food.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options
    DonM46 wrote: »
    Pace Picante -- Hot. Good as a dip, good on eggs, excellent on all Mexican food.

I've actually become really partial to Green Mountain Gringo's hot salsa. Just found it last week, but I'm loving it so far.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Tapatio
    Bolthouse Greek yorgert ranch dressing - Oh my not having to give up pizza dipped in ranch has made "diet" life worth living:)
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Picamas
    hdtb2a9n62o9.jpg
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    No specific ones, but plenty of hot/pepper based ones, including sriracha. Mustard (brown) on a sandwich, but I don't eat sandwiches that much and don't really use it on other things. Lemon on fish and greens also sometimes.

Not a condiment, but Japanese 7 spice is my favorite thing for stir fries, and I use lots of different vinegars.
  • Cylphin60
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    We go through a lot of salsa and barbeque as a family though. We don't get the same brand every time. We often get Sweet Baby Ray's barbeque sauce.

I love Sweet Baby Rays :)

Silly question on the Sriracha, just searching online - is that the brand name or the type of sauce? It seems this is all I can find nearby.

f52xdactthuq.jpg
  • Cylphin60
    Options
    DonM46 wrote: »
    I love it on scrambled eggs :)
  • Cylphin60
    Options
    Sriracha. Definitely Sriracha. I'm also a fan of the Kernel Season's popcorn seasonings. They are low calorie and pretty good on vegetables or eggs.

My wife loves those, and we never thought of putting them on anything but popcorn lol. Thank you :)
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Love Sweet Baby Rays Sweet n Sour sauce for rice and (hot) veggie dishes and then Kraft's fat free Italian dressing for (cold) veggie dishes and sandwiches.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options
    Cylphin60 wrote: »
    Lounmoun wrote: »

I love Sweet Baby Rays :)

Silly question on the Sriracha, just searching online - is that the brand name or the type of sauce? It seems this is all I can find nearby.

f52xdactthuq.jpg

Huy Fong is the brand in that picture, and is the one I use. There are probably others, but that is by far the most common one.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Cylphin60 wrote: »

My wife loves those, and we never thought of putting them on anything but popcorn lol. Thank you :)

Try the White Cheddar or the Parmesan Garlic on steamed broccoli. It's really good. I use it on baked potatoes and stirred into cottage cheese too. Bacon Cheddar is another favorite. Yes, vegetarians miss that smoky bacon taste! Oh, I like the ranch on veggies too.