Halo Top lite ice cream

Options
Have you tried it? what do you think? favorite flavor(s)?

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I've tried the birthday cake flavor and liked it fine. Much better than that terrible Arctic Zero, imo. But it's so expensive that I don't find it worth buying very often, personally.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Just ate a half pint of S'mores flavor a few minutes ago, had red velvet cake last night. Still have peanut butter cup and oatmeal cookie flavors waiting in the freezer. It's $5 a pint around here, but I'll gladly pay it.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I'm so happy with the new flavors. I've tried most of them. Favorites are peanut butter, oatmeal cookie, pistachio, red velvet... Really the only ones I don't care for are birthday cake and s'mores.
  • akelarae
    akelarae Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Love it! I have a little every night and it makes me feel like I'm indulging but I still stay under my cals. My absolute favorite is peanut butter.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    My husband has had it and liked it for what it was (we had Arctic zero in the states and he hated it - I didn't mind it) - he said it was much closer to Icecream than AZ. It's $12 a pint here (Australia) so not something we'll be buying often!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    My husband has had it and liked it for what it was (we had Arctic zero in the states and he hated it - I didn't mind it) - he said it was much closer to Icecream than AZ. It's $12 a pint here (Australia) so not something we'll be buying often!

I was going to try it until i saw that $12 price tag. Just ridonculous!

• cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options

:open_mouth:
    And we don't even have it in Canada. What the frack? :angry:
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

Really? Wow... It hasn't been here long. we have limited flavours. And $12 a pint. :'(
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options

Really? Wow... It hasn't been here long. we have limited flavours. And $12 a pint. :'(
    $12 in insane. I know that includes tax, but even then....that's nuts. I haven't been back to Oz in a little over 10 years. :/
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Love it. I am so glad I'm over my lactose intolerance and it doesn't bother me anymore.

I love the new peanut butter, oatmeal cookie and salted caramel flavors. My favorite of the older flavors is mint chocolate chip.
  • JamieCroyle
    JamieCroyle Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I've tried Birthday cake I just recently bought lemon cake. I've enjoyed it
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I had the mint chocolate chip Halo Top and liked it. It is definitely better than Arctic Zero.

I tried the snickerdoodle (or whatever it was called), brownie, and vanilla maple flavors of AZ. I wished they would all go to hell.
    Ugg, I made the mistake of picking up snickerdoodle over Halo Top birthday cake this Saturday. The first bite was nice and cinnamoney, but every other bite had the same bland taste.
    The only Arctic Zero flavor I'll spend money on is cookie dough.
    I'd stop wasting money on AZ if my Kroger actually carried Halo Top when I want a full pint of frozen dessert

• LulaicaLoses
    LulaicaLoses Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've only tried lemon cake (waiting on Kroger to share the love so HEB can get the new flavors). It was delightful, and extremely light. I eat ice cream pretty infrequently and a small amount, so I rarely buy any (I'm hooked on Devino Sorbettos right now because the serving is crazy cute and the lemon is to die for).
  • CMNVA
    CMNVA Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I'm one of the few people on this site that don't like it at all. Threw 3 different pints out. I really dislike artificial sweeteners and their taste so I think that's why I don't like HT. I actually didn't know they had them in there until I read here, so I just surmised that's why I don't like them. I don't care for anything that has artificial sweeteners. I wish I could enjoy them, but my tastebuds won't cooperate!
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Love it. I am so glad I'm over my lactose intolerance and it doesn't bother me anymore.

I love the new peanut butter, oatmeal cookie and salted caramel flavors. My favorite of the older flavors is mint chocolate chip.

how does one get over lactose intolerance?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I like them BUT I've noticed big quality issues when it comes to artificial aftertaste. One pint can taste great one day, and the next time I get the same flavor, it has a big aftertaste. Really annoying.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I like them BUT I've noticed big quality issues when it comes to artificial aftertaste. One pint can taste great one day, and the next time I get the same flavor, it has a big aftertaste. Really annoying.

I've noticed the same thing, especially with vanilla. HUGE differences in the same exact flavor. I've also noticed big differences in texture. Not sure what that's all about. But the first time I bought the new flavors, every one of them (and I bought like 6) was super creamy and just incredible in the texture department. The next time I got some, all were icy the whole pint through :(
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »

how does one get over lactose intolerance?

I get it intermittently when I have gastric issues. It passes. It might be something else, but for now, that's what my doctor has agreed to call it. I have the classic symptoms of it when a few things happen.

I have celiac disease and experience it when I'm exposed to gluten.

This last bout was due to having to take antibiotics. That was bad. It lasted almost a year.