Halo Top lite ice cream

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,722 Member
    I haven't tried the pb yet but I have it in my freezer.

Whole Foods has Halo Top on sale, btw. :)
  • glassyo
    glassyo wrote: »

For what? $4.99??? lol

It's still cheaper than $6! :p
  • glassyo

For what? $4.99??? lol

It's still cheaper than $6! :p

I remember last year they had a BOGO sale... 2 for $6 - that's a pretty good deal!

I don't have enough freezer space for that kind of deal! :)

Kroger usually has a good sale price tho.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    edited January 2017
    Never heard of this before, off to Google!

eta store down the road carries it but only the basic flavors, bummer!
  • JustLikeJordin
    JustLikeJordin Posts: 129 Member
    Birthday Cake for the win!! Just awaiting my Whole Foods to get the Cookie Dough and Salted Caramel flavors.
  • glassyo
    So I tried the peanut butter cup and it's good but...I think it needs more peanut buttery pieces. Mine's been scarce so far.
  • glassyo
    So I tried the peanut butter cup and it's good but...I think it needs more peanut buttery pieces. Mine's been scarce so far.

There aren't supposed to be any peanut butter pieces, just swirls. My pints have always been plentiful with the PB swirls. I do enjoy the malt-like base flavor but I think chocolate chunks would make it 1000 times better.

LOL ok...it needs more swirls. But I only had a few teaspoons full so maybe there's more towards the middle. Chocolate chunks would rock in the pb cup! :)
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member

There aren't supposed to be any peanut butter pieces, just swirls. My pints have always been plentiful with the PB swirls. I do enjoy the malt-like base flavor but I think chocolate chunks would make it 1000 times better.

LOL ok...it needs more swirls. But I only had a few teaspoons full so maybe there's more towards the middle. Chocolate chunks would rock in the pb cup! :)

...Or maybe you got an off container with expired dairy chunks :open_mouth::tongue:
  • karahm78
    karahm78 Posts: 505 Member
    I love the lemon cake!!! I also like mint chip.... haven't found birthday cake or red velvet yet but on the lookout! I eat around 60 grams at a time, I find it more satisfying in smaller quantities
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    karahm78 wrote: »
    I love the lemon cake!!! I also like mint chip.... haven't found birthday cake or red velvet yet but on the lookout! I eat around 60 grams at a time, I find it more satisfying in smaller quantities

I don't really do moderation when it comes to ice cream, that's why I like Halo Top, but I REALLY need to stop eating the whole pint, or I spend an hour on the toilet later... pretty much every single time. Sigh.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member

I had high hopes for PB cup and was kinda disappointed. Not nearly as peanut-buttery as I was expecting, much more watered down. Def not a fav of mine re: halo top pints.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    edited January 2017
    I've tried the birthday cake flavor and liked it fine. Much better than that terrible Arctic Zero, imo. But it's so expensive that I don't find it worth buying very often, personally.

I love the chocolate, and the Peanut Butter. Tried mint chip, birthday cake, and salted caramel, and threw them out.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    @joshperson195 why is PB cup waay down the bottom :( That was the only one i wanted to try. I'm a huge peanut butter fan though, which could be a good or bad thing depending how closely it resembles PB..

Try it. It's the number one ranked flavor in the rankings I saw. AND, it's delicious, in my opinion as well.
  • daisygirl2017
    daisygirl2017 Posts: 107 Member
    I tried the peanut butter cup. There is no chocolate! I was thinking it was going to be chocolate & peanut butter but no peanut butter ice cream with peanut butter swirls. It tastes good but upset my stomach. So I agree with above I'll stick to small portion of real stuff
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    I love it. I actually eat more ice cream now than I did before I took responsibility for my weight. The chocolate is really good. Pistachio is good but the flavor is a little bland. The lemon cake is delicious.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    I tried it and was not impressed at all. I got the lemon cake flavor. It tasted okay but the texture was weird. It's kinda like sherbet but . . . drier. Or something.

Then again I am a big ice cream snob so take my opinion with that in mind.
  • asbandr
    asbandr Posts: 39 Member
    I'm actually having a bowl of the mint chip right now! I like it. I'd absolutely rather have regular ice cream, but I do enjoy this after a long hard day of dieting. It's best of you let it thaw a tad before eating it. It's creamier and more like regular ice cream then.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,343 Member
    edited January 2017
    I tried it and was not impressed at all. I got the lemon cake flavor. It tasted okay but the texture was weird. It's kinda like sherbet but . . . drier. Or something.

Then again I am a big ice cream snob so take my opinion with that in mind.

Lemon cake is probably my least favorite flavor - but then again I'm not a big lemon person anyway and eating real lemon cake would be far, far down on my list of yummy things, so there's that. My favorites so far are PB Cup, Oatmeal Cookie, Mocha Chip, Red Velvet and Mint Chip. The Red Velvet thing surprised me because I'm not a huge red velvet cake fan either, but to me it actually tastes more like Black Forest Cake - has that chocolate/ dark cherry thing going on. To me it actually tastes more like cherry than the Black Cherry flavor does (which I found decent, but a bit bland). I'd agree that the pistachio is a little weak also - not bad, but not a strong flavor.

• cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    Love it. I am so glad I'm over my lactose intolerance and it doesn't bother me anymore.

I love the new peanut butter, oatmeal cookie and salted caramel flavors. My favorite of the older flavors is mint chocolate chip.

how does one get over lactose intolerance?

I get it intermittently when I have gastric issues. It passes. It might be something else, but for now, that's what my doctor has agreed to call it. I have the classic symptoms of it when a few things happen.

I have celiac disease and experience it when I'm exposed to gluten.

This last bout was due to having to take antibiotics. That was bad. It lasted almost a year.

Yep, this is me, too. IBS flares up, intolerance to dairy rears its head.
  • alittlelife14
    alittlelife14 Posts: 339 Member
    Chocolate almond crunch was so nasty to me that I actually threw it away which seldomly occurs for me. My favorites are birthday cake, red velvet, oatmeal cookie, and vanilla bean.