Who drinks diet pop?

Options

Replies

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Stop drinking pop it ruins your body structure and development.

How so?
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    zyxst wrote: »
    TeaBea wrote: »
    How much do you both drink in the run of a day.. Thanks

2 - 12 oz cans of diet A&W per day. I still drink plenty of water and get most of my caffeine from unsweetened iced tea.
    Run_Fit wrote: »
    I don't know what "diet pop" is, but I do drink diet soda. :wink:

Once upon a time soda was called soda pop.

Some regions of the country shortened that to soda, while other regions shorten that to pop.

And in the Midwest, it's still soda pop.

I drink 2 a day - one for breakfast, one as an afternoon snack. Water was getting pretty boring.

I'm from the Midwest and I've never heard "soda pop" except in old movies.

Yeah, I mostly hear pop, sometimes soda, never both.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    I'd occasionally hear what sounded like "sody pop", usually as a joke

I drink about a 12 pack a week of Diet Dew. I drink a can each on my drive to and from the gym for the caffeine and alertness. It at least doubles when I'm working because I do 20oz bottles in the afternoon - for the flavor and also caffeine
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering who still drinks diet pop even with all the studies on aspartame. I drink 2-3 cans a day and am not sure if i should quit it.

Thanks

Did you read the studies to find out?

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    The last time i heard someone say "sody pop" was on an episode of the Brady Bunch! Aaaah How i dug that show, I so wanted to be groovy like Marcia :love:
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Does my afternoon Monster Ultra Zero (no calories) count towards "soda?" It's fizzy and delicious, and gets me through the afternoon slump.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Stop drinking pop it ruins your body structure and development.

Can you please post reputable (scientific) sources to back this up? Thanks. @Supawilkins
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I haven't drank any diet soda/pop in over ten years. GERD gone!
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Coke Zero and Crown Royal Black when I want Crown. Diet Tonic water when I want gin.
  • debrafm
    debrafm Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My mother insists on calling it poison. She calls everything poison. Know what her favorite food is? Hot dogs! I remind her that hot dogs are one of the least healthiest foods ever. I believe pop...diet or otherwise...is okay in moderation. I like Diet Dew and Diet Dr Pepper. I don't drink it every day, but I have no guilt or regrets whatsoever about drinking DIET pop. I prefer it over regular because the regular is syrupy. All pop is bad for us. But we're all gonna die someday, might as well die happy.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    if I drink pop, it will be diet unless unavailable or someone in the family already opened a non-diet drink. I like it, and have been drinking it for well over 30 yrs. I think I am fine :)
  • InspiredNewJourney
    InspiredNewJourney Posts: 66 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    mellowadam wrote: »
    I drink 4 cans ov Vanilla Coke Zero everyday.

No guilt.

It's my last little vice. I'm down a hundred pounds and I haven't had a cigarette in a year. A little aspertame never hurt no one.

im sorry. Did you say Vanilla Coke Zero?!?! What magic is this?!?! American magic I cannot get in Canada no doubt. You just blew my mind with the fact this exists

I love everything diet pop and likely won't ever stop drinking it. About 2 cans a day. More if I could get my hands on Vanilla Coke Zero
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    @TamaraMacDonald Americans also have Cherry Coke zero *jealous*
  • InspiredNewJourney
    Options

It's actually getting ridiculous. I also learned of halo top ice cream yesterday, another not for Canadian treat. What the helllllllllll
  • cerise_noir
    edited January 2017
    Options

It's actually getting ridiculous. I also learned of halo top ice cream yesterday, another not for Canadian treat. What the helllllllllll

RIGHT?!!!!
    I really want diet coke zero vanilla/cherry and halo top.
    *sigh*

Want to know something infuriating?
    Halo Top is available in Australia, but not Canada. I mean, what the frak?
  • InspiredNewJourney
    Options
    @cerise_noir I've heard halo top is trying but we have complicated dairy regulations. I have no idea what the Coke Zero hold up is
  • cerise_noir
    Options
    @cerise_noir I've heard halo top is trying but we have complicated dairy regulations. I have no idea what the Coke Zero hold up is

What are these regulations? I've only been in Quebec for 10 years and had no idea there was such thing.

Yeah, no idea why. I have seen coke zero vanilla in stores for limited times, but never zero cherry.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    mellowadam wrote: »
    I drink 4 cans ov Vanilla Coke Zero everyday.

No guilt.

It's my last little vice. I'm down a hundred pounds and I haven't had a cigarette in a year. A little aspertame never hurt no one.

im sorry. Did you say Vanilla Coke Zero?!?! What magic is this?!?! American magic I cannot get in Canada no doubt. You just blew my mind with the fact this exists

I love everything diet pop and likely won't ever stop drinking it. About 2 cans a day. More if I could get my hands on Vanilla Coke Zero

This is a crazy idea, but does your Sobeys have a "foreign" food aisle? Mine have it with Thai, Indian, Danish, German, and, yes, British. Sometimes I can find vanilla Coke in the British section. Haven't checked for flavored Coke Zero. I've been miffed there were no Jaffa cakes this year. :(
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    debrafm wrote: »
    My mother insists on calling it poison. She calls everything poison. Know what her favorite food is? Hot dogs! I remind her that hot dogs are one of the least healthiest foods ever. I believe pop...diet or otherwise...is okay in moderation. I like Diet Dew and Diet Dr Pepper. I don't drink it every day, but I have no guilt or regrets whatsoever about drinking DIET pop. I prefer it over regular because the regular is syrupy. All pop is bad for us. But we're all gonna die someday, might as well die happy.

What part is unhealthy?
    cqfk5iwugovq.png