Anyone else with 50+ lbs to lose?

Options
124»

Replies

• fitbunny68
    fitbunny68 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Fallgirl84, I totally understand what you are saying! I have a friend who had only about 30 pounds to lose, but whenever she start an exercise program it made her absolutely starving and eat like a horse. So she could never lose weight and would get frustrated. We all know exercises healthy for us, but really, losing weight and maintaining a healthy weight, is90% diet researchers are now saying. So don't feel pressure to exercise, focus on your eating and then you will probably just become more active now actually because you'll have more energy when you are lighter etc.
  • fitbunny68
    Options
    PS, do you guys know of the best way to communicate? What does adding friends do? Is it like a reply all button? Or is this forum the best way? Sorry you guys, I'm a newbie and not very technical! Thanks.
  • Dental1972
    Dental1972 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm looking to lose 40-50lbs. After recovering from a massive blood clot in my leg this past year, I've finally started to exercise. It feels nice but I have to watch myself lol. I'm determined to make this work but I need motivation sometimes :)
  • fitbunny68
    Options
    Hi dental, we all need encouragement trust me. Losing weight is not easy, but with like-minded people it can be done! In fact I don't think it can be done without other people to help us. You joined fitness pal, so that's already an accomplishment! The first step.
  • MrsManago
    MrsManago Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. My names Jen 50 lbs to lose and just getting started. All baby weight (mother of 1 & 2 yr old, had them back to back). I don't know how to add anyone but if anyone is interested in keeping in touch for motivation and encouragement. PLEASE ADD ME :) Thanks!
  • Kmarie8212
    Kmarie8212 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm Kristy! I have about 100 lbs to lose. I'm 5'7" and weigh 228. I've been on and off here since I had my girl math of 2012. I did great for a while and was down to 160. Then my father died and I fell into a depression and gained it all back then some. It's been almost 3 years since he's been gone and I've finally managed to pick myself up again. I started at 235 so have lost 7 lbs in the last 2 weeks. Looking forward to getting fit again!
  • woodm87
    woodm87 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I have a little over 100 lbs to lose, so I definitely fit in here. So far I've been successful in eating 800 cals a day. (Medically supervised and calorie number was chosen by my physician and a registered dietician). I've had surgery recently so I'm trying to start exercising to help rebuild strength.

Feel free to friend me or talk! I love meeting new people and would like to meet more fitness pals.
  • lydiababs
    lydiababs Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello! I have 100 lbs to lose and I am super excited about it. I have been putting on weight for far too long. If anybody would like to add me we can go through this together! Lets make 2017 our year!
  • ausomemama
    ausomemama Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am new to MyFitnessPal & I need to lose 70-80 pounds. I never lost my pregnancy and quitting smoking weight so I have a way to go, but am looking forward to the journey. Anyone want to chat back and forth about what exercises have worked for you or to vent, let me know :smile:
  • sdmrtn86
    sdmrtn86 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I have slightly more than 50 to lose.........over 200 pounds, to be exact. Would love some more friends to share this journey with!
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm back at it again and making 2017 my year. I'm tired of looking at my past photos of when I had lost 50 lbs and feeling sorry for myself. It's definitely been a challenge to lose weight since having my 4th child 2.5 years ago but I'm committed this time. Would love to support each other.
  • MsDivaAttitude
    MsDivaAttitude Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm Diva. Yes I need to keep moving this body to lose maybe 50 more. I have lose over a 100+ in year 2016.
    I know it can be done. I didn't want to have the surgery because I needed the willpower of my mind to help me do it. Food is good and comforting when you are already shall I say the word FAT. It's what the skinny world says. They think we are lazy but that's not true. A lot of things goes on in your life until you realize enough is enough. Just wish I had the mindset in my young adult years but why not now. The MFP app really helps me to be accountable what going in my mouth (haha). Let's do this.
  • AnitaCRice
    AnitaCRice Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    My ultimate goal is to lose about 50 pounds myself. I never lost all of my pregnancy weight, and my child is 4 years old now! No excuse. ;)
  • Justjayde1984
    Justjayde1984 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Looking to lose 50+lbs. I know it's not going to be easy and will be long process but so determined.
  • briteyestn
    briteyestn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I need to lost about 60 pounds. I am not very good with the blogs, posting, etc, but I will try. I will try to encourage people when I can. I try to log food everyday, but get distracted so I will miss days. Hope this time I will stay with it and lose the weight. Please help me stay on track and hold me accountable.