Flirting

Options

Replies

• MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I've found myself in situations that dumbfounded me because I'm flirty/playful/jokey. The problem is that it sends mixed signals, you may have clearly stated you're not interested, but your communication tells a different story...they could just think you changed your mind. If you find yourself constantly having to let guys down as a result, perhaps you can be more mindful of how much flirting you do and take it down a notch.

I'm not saying your actions are all to blame, they could take you at your word that you're not interested. I ended up with two stalkers, had to get the police involved. I'm either a magnet or my behavior was misleading. Once I reigned it in, there was a lot less confusion.

Can't control others' behavior, but I can control my own.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    Options
    Damn, this post got real serious.

I know, right? I was just asking if my intentions are clear, is it still okay to be playful and still joke around like I normally do. But I think people are taking it as me saying "come here big boy" and then pushing him off when he gets there.

Maybe your definition of flirting is different from other definitions. Maybe it's more like joking than flirting. But then people are attracted to humor.. Which is my problem.

Truth. Everyone's definition is probably different. My problem is people are attracted to my face. Then they see my rack, inevitably then they see my perfect *kitten*, and my exceptional sense of style. Then I open my mouth and not only do I spit pearls of wisdom, I'm also funny as *kitten*. It's a real problem.

Don't forget your dimples!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Men and women think differently and women only have one head to think with. Please don't mess with men's other head.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

I know, right? I was just asking if my intentions are clear, is it still okay to be playful and still joke around like I normally do. But I think people are taking it as me saying "come here big boy" and then pushing him off when he gets there.

Maybe your definition of flirting is different from other definitions. Maybe it's more like joking than flirting. But then people are attracted to humor.. Which is my problem.

Truth. Everyone's definition is probably different. My problem is people are attracted to my face. Then they see my rack, inevitably then they see my perfect *kitten*, and my exceptional sense of style. Then I open my mouth and not only do I spit pearls of wisdom, I'm also funny as *kitten*. It's a real problem.

It's a hard life.
  • jnichel
    Options
    Men and women think differently and women only have one head to think with. Please don't mess with men's other head.

Wait, wut?
  • PersianKitty94
    PersianKitty94 Posts: 623 Member
    Options

Your problem is you're so attractive. Not many people get to live inside that kind of beauty bubble, humor or not.

I don't see myself as being attractive. Pretty average I would say. Also, I've talked to guys who didn't know what I looked like who still ended up liking me because " I made them happy" and " smile alot" who would end up being attached. This explains why I have no male friends.
  • jnichel
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Don't forget your dimples!

No one forgets those

What?
  • ArmyMedic2016
    ArmyMedic2016 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    As a Brit i don't know of this flirting to which you refer, l guess l need some lessons
  • nolan44219
    nolan44219 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options

zz7y6jsm9j8j.jpg