shoes off or on in the house?

Options
123457»

Replies

• CooperSprings
    CooperSprings Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Off, but my family always walks around with theirs on.
    IT. DRIVES. ME. NUUUUTS.

'Murica.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Hate wearing shoes in the house especially working a hospital. I've tried to educate the BF on how disgusting it is to wear them in the house, but he doesnt understand. Sigh.
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I always take my shoes off when I get inside my home. Pretty disgusting to think where you walk around throughout the day then you come home and your floors/carpet are basically contiminated, lol.
  • xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Off!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,688 Member
    Options
    As an American when i was growing up it was normal to wear shoes in the house. in my 20's i had a roommate from Asia who asked if we could take our shoes off in the apartment. it didnt take long to see the benefits.

so all you dirty Americans who are still tracking dirt around your house. stop it! :D

and dont give me the "i wipe them on a mat" or something similar. that only takes care of so much.

so where do you live and what do you do with your shoes?

USA/off
    Asian so shoes off. House stays much cleaner and walking in accidentally with pooh on the shoe has happened at friend's houses.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • dwaynasworld
    dwaynasworld Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Born & raised in Hawaii....because we`'re so multi-cultural we our traditions are so
    Kapakahi which means mixed up...we learn at an early age....slippas off or you get in trouble with tutu or aunty!
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    Normally off, but if I'm just running inside for a sec, I'll leave them on.
    ALWAYS take them off in someone elses house though.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I'm always barefoot when I'm at home... but it's not like a requirement when people come in my house. I just hate wearing shoes! LOL!
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I just try not to wear shoes at all if I can help it.
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    American - shoes are always on.

ALWAYS.

Edit: Seriously though, I grew up with the "it doesn't matter if your shoes are on except if they're like really muddy or something" rule. I think it's kinda nasty to walk barefoot on someone else's floor, who knows what nastiness you can spread/receive?

^This

I really don't want to be barefoot on someone else's floor. Having to take my shoes off at the airport totally freaks me out, and I bring an extra pair of socks I throw away after getting through security. Going barefoot in my own home didn't bother me, until having my boyfriend's kids move in. Their nasty, stinking, filthy from flip flops, Fred Flintstone feet on my floors and furniture absolutely disgusted me! Since then, I require shoes, slippers, or clean socks in my home.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Off.