Worst way to be woken up

Options
Racouol
Racouol Posts: 53 Member
I hate being woken up when I'm asleep. It is bad enough being woken up from the alarm clock or a 2am phone call, the phone ringer was changed the night before to moan the word brains zombie like which I forgot about that early in the morning. It is even worse to be woken up by something unexpected like something big moving around and sniffing the tent I am sleeping in, or waking up to the smell of burning wood because my at the time roommate decided to throw a wooden cutting board with a pizza on it into the oven. The worst way I have been woken up was from a cane spider landing on my face.

So, what is the worst way any of you have been woken up?

Replies

• MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    The worst is when I'm woken up for no other reason than someone thought I shouldn't be asleep. That just angers me and ruins my lovely sleep.
  • MsAmandaNJ
    Options
    I did wake up the other night because the cat peed on me. That was pretty bad.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I would die of a heart attack if a spider woke me on my face or on my body anywhere. I would not be alive to write this post.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    Burglar alarm went off when I was like 6. Holy hell it was the loudest alarm. Woke up screaming cause thought I was gonna die or something. Turns out the dog was sleeping against the door just enough to crack it open a bit.
  • MsAmandaNJ
    Options
    Louise1491 wrote: »
    MsAmandaNJ wrote: »
    I did wake up the other night because the cat peed on me. That was pretty bad.

But warm, yes? :/

I thought she was being cute, putting her warm paw on my side...then reality hit. It got cold quick.
  • TAKCEGM
    TAKCEGM Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Sound asleep and my 5 year old crawls into bed with me... and then has a nightmare and kicks me in the junk. Unfortunately, with 6 kids, it has happened far too many times...
  • TAKCEGM
    TAKCEGM Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    hearing the sound of one of your children puking then splatter on the floor

Ugh. That too. Or the occasional puking on you...
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I always figured those Indian villagers had the worst way of waking when the tiger chomped on their head.
  • brandisonfire
    brandisonfire Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Waking up to your pet puking...
  • jlc102980
    jlc102980 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I was crossing the ocean on a ferry in the winter and woke up to the ferry's emergency alarms going off. I thought I was going to die, and visions of Titanic kept going through my head. Worst way to wake up ever.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    6 months ago, helicopter EMT's had to land in my circle where I live to transport a neighbor to the hospital.. Not only did it sound like the world was coming to an end, but it looked like a tornado hit our little part of the neighborhood.
  • Cappy29
    Cappy29 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Getting included in a group text about nothing which interests me. This happens way too often.
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I don't mind being woken up by the wife when she wants to... :)
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Options
    OP I take it you don't have kids? Once you do uninterrupted sleep becomes a distant memory...