Worst way to be woken up

Options

Replies

• SeagalDeeDee
    SeagalDeeDee Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    The smoke alarms all going off at once due to one weak battery and then that security sire starts! I have PTSD due to this! Think about that sound every night before I sleep.
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    It hasn't happened in over 20 years, but the worst way to wake up is my dad singing. He used to burst into my room singing "Wake up, wake up, the sun is up. The dew is on the buttercup. Wake up, wake up!" or my other favorite, "Good morning to you, good morning to you. You look like a monkey, and you smell like one too."
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    My 7 yr old granddaughter gives what I call "attack hugs"...her fave is when you are asleep, she pounces on your head while squeezing as hard as she can.....funny at times, not so much when you're sleeping!
  • Riffraft1960
    Riffraft1960 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    OP I take it you don't have kids? Once you do uninterrupted sleep becomes a distant memory...

Yours must be young. I have 3 teenagers and I promise there is light at the end of the tunnel. Sometimes it 2 in the afternoon before anyone is stirring and I'm not gonna lie, I like it.

Being the father of 10 kids with the youngest now firmly in his teens. Having no one up until noon is quite nice. However there is the problem with noises at 1am because they still haven't gone to bed
  • nolan44219
    nolan44219 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Walking into my room hitting a Metal trash can lid with a baton was my worst. Thank god I wasn't armed. I might have went to prison and discovered a whole new horrible way of being woken up :#
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    having a mouse crawling on me. that was gross
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    When you've been talking in your sleep and you wake up with your wife's hands around your neck yelling "Who's Donna?"
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    When you've been talking in your sleep and you wake up with your wife's hands around your neck yelling "Who's Donna?"

This actually happened in my house, with my EX..years ago...he was moaning "Juanita" in his sleep. Juanita was the dumb, homeless girl I allowed to stay in our house. Needless to say, my ex woke up with a nosebleed.

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    5-0 bringing your kid home, again... Killin'me
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    My friend yelling at me "hey you're supposed to be paying attention when you drive!"
  • loumrn
    loumrn Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Whenever I have a sneaky lie in and my dog, Geoff, does that stupid insistent front paw jump at my head until I get up. I mean can he not just give a little woof like any other dog?
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    A QVC host describing a gemstone ring. (Left the TV on that night.)
  • zorander6
    zorander6 Posts: 2,711 Member
    Options
    Being surrounded by paramedics because you went into insulin shock while asleep.
  • johnnyblastick559
    Options
    Nightstick
  • PersianKitty94
    PersianKitty94 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    My mom grabs my feet when she tries to wake me up. Scares me awake. I hate it.
  • ieroen
    ieroen Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    John Travolta slamming an adrenaline needle into my heart after I mistakenly snorted his heroin.