When you have 814 calories left and less than 2 hours left in your logging day...

Options
I ate all the Babybell cheeses in the house. What's next?

Replies

• kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Really?
  • 212ackley
    212ackley Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Don't eat if you aren't hungry....
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Hmm...cheese would be at the top of my list too. Often when I'm short on calories, it's my go-to!

Ice cream sounds nice too...or cookies. I love me some Oreos!
  • SymbolismNZ
    SymbolismNZ Posts: 190 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    rankinsect wrote: »
    Ultimately, eat only when hungry; regardless of what the calorie count says. Listen to your body.

I'd disagree with this in a few cases.

1. You need to eat a minimum number of calories to be healthy, and even if not hungry, you should eat at least this much.

2. There's a school of thought with some very intelligent and respected adherents, such as Dr. Yoni Freedhoff, that would say you should eat to prevent future hunger. The idea is that if you wait until you're really hungy, you'll often end up eating more in total than if you ate to prevent yourself from becoming really hungry in the first place.

The second point won't really matter as much if you're counting calories - meal timing doesn't matter for weight loss, calories do - but some people may find it easier to stick to a deficit if they are eating smaller but more frequently.

Sure; all good advice; but at 10PM at night and 814 calories left? While the calories are the same, your body doesn't go into its period of intermittent fasting/recovery throughout the night; digesting that food will impact your sleep.

I notice there is a massive CICO trend on these boards and fair enough; it's the scientific principle of weight loss; it's not however the scientific principle of health.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    rankinsect wrote: »
    Ice cream sounds nice too...or cookies. I love me some Oreos!

Sometimes one of those contains the other :smiley:

Two birds...one tummy. I like!
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    cashews...and a LOT of them! I'm working hard to stay in the "one serving" portion of the cashews in my house. I'd like to mow through the entire bag!