When you have 814 calories left and less than 2 hours left in your logging day...

Options

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Again, why is everyone assuming OP was not hungry.
  • alijtd
    alijtd Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    brower47 wrote: »
    brower47 wrote: »
    800 calories of cheese? It would be days before I pooped again.

I'm not sure I would eat 800 calories of cheese in one sitting, but I could certainly eat 800 calories of various cheeses spread out through the day. Omelet with cheddar for breakfast. Grilled American cheese for lunch. Mozzarella, fruit, and nuts for a snack. Tacos and beans with queso fresco for dinner. Brie on French bread for another snack. I'd still be able to poop though. Have you tried eating more fiber with your cheese?

I'm a cheese purist. If I'm going to eat 800 calories of cheese in a day, it's going to be straight off the wheel and paired with nothing. I don't want to ruin the majesty that is cheese by muddying it up with other lesser foods.

BTW, pooing is overrated anyway.

I've worked really hard on cutting alcohol intake this week, but it's seriously put a damper on my cheese enjoyment. Nice sharp cheddar isn't the same without a strong Belgian Quad.
  • alijtd
    alijtd Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    I know it's a day late, but Carrot Cake.

The answer is (almost) always Carrot Cake. With real cream cheese frosting, of course.

I wonder how many calories you would burn making carrot cake? If I used the hand grater rather than the food processor. And the hand mixer instead of the stand mixer to make the frosting. Hmm...
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    alijtd wrote: »
    TR0berts wrote: »
    I know it's a day late, but Carrot Cake.

The answer is (almost) always Carrot Cake. With real cream cheese frosting, of course.

I wonder how many calories you would burn making carrot cake? If I used the hand grater rather than the food processor. And the hand mixer instead of the stand mixer to make the frosting. Hmm...

Zero. A local pizza place has the best Carrot Cake. EVER. I don't mess with perfection.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    When I have 800 calories left and I'm not saving them for another day, they're definitely going into smoked mixed nuts! The serving size is so pathetic otherwise that I would rather not have them all together! Glad you enjoyed ;) Earning calories can feel so good with the freedom it affords you. I just wish my body was made of steel and did not break after every prolonged session needing a few days of rest.
  • KatzeDerNacht22
    KatzeDerNacht22 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Happens to me sometimes, I might eat some nuts, but if there's calories left, then they are left, unless I am so far from my macro count, but if I didn't eat them it's cos I didn't want to and that's fine.

Oh..I just saw you "earned" them to indulge... I don't agree with that, I mean, a bit sure, but 800? For me it's a waste to work so hard just to get it back in, but hey, if you must, I am sure there's plenty of things very high in calories.

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    For me it totally depends. Am I actually hungry? Do I crave anything specific? I'm not going to eat 800 calories of food that I'm not hungry or not in the mood for just because. I'd much rather save the calories for another day.
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    ritzvin wrote: »
    hmm..
    A wheel of camembert or brie (the size at Aldi are ~800 calories).
    A pint of ice cream (not sure how many calories).
    A bottle of wine

Aldi just down the road from me ..well now I want brie I do have crackers from last weekend. YUM I guess I know what my breakfast and lunch will be Saturday ;)
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Happens to me sometimes, I might eat some nuts, but if there's calories left, then they are left, unless I am so far from my macro count, but if I didn't eat them it's cos I didn't want to and that's fine.

Oh..I just saw you "earned" them to indulge... I don't agree with that, I mean, a bit sure, but 800? For me it's a waste to work so hard just to get it back in, but hey, if you must, I am sure there's plenty of things very high in calories.

I believe she said she "earned" them by shoveling snow which is a chore and a workout
  • Sweets1954
    Sweets1954 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I wonder why you have so many calories left at the end of the day?
  • Thehardmakesitworthit
    Options
    You guys are no fun. It's not often I get an extra 800 calories to indulge on.

I agree. I cracked up! but had not clever come back alas........
  • KatzeDerNacht22
    KatzeDerNacht22 Posts: 200 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Treece68 wrote: »

I believe she said she "earned" them by shoveling snow which is a chore and a workout

I stand my ground, I just don't understand why would people do that ( eat said extra/earned whatever calories) , sorry, not trying to be an as$hat :/
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options

I stand my ground, I just don't understand why would people do that ( eat said extra/earned whatever calories) , sorry, not trying to be an as$hat :/

Why wouldn't they? For one, underfueling is as bad as overfueling, and a "waste" is what you make it to be. For some people working so hard for the sole purpose of getting the calories back in is the a major reason for the exercise. It's worth every calorie eaten. If you aren't severely underfueling and don't feel the calories are worth eating, then that's up to you. Others may see it differently. No one can dictate anything's worth to other people because that's very individual. For me, for example, alcohol is not worth the calories, for others it may be.
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options

It's probably not my place to say since I'm trying to gain weight, but growing up with friends and family members who used to diet by overly restrictioning their calorie intake or exercising too much ended up binging on a regular basis, undoing all of their work. 800 calories is a lot; The Op can eat half of that and still be in a big deficit. I hope you enjoyed whatever it was that you ate OP!

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Brownies!

Or 3/4 of a pint of Ben and Jerry's The Tonight Dough (I save calories to eat a whole pint of this, 1240 calories, at least every other month)!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

That's how MFP is designed to work though. You enter stats and an activity level that is based on daily activity excluding exercise. The goal you are provided assumes you will lose weight if you do no exercise at all or nothing beyond your normal daily activity. When you do exercise or something out of the ordinary like shoveling snow, you are meant to eat those calories back, at least some of them, so you don't end up with too large of a deficit which can have several negative outcomes.

• elizakristofferstuen7370
    Options
    I would eat a healthy meal!