Shorties like me under 5'5 positive vibes only!

Options

Replies

• jroth261
    jroth261 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    shydee37 wrote: »
    I'm 5'5 and my goal is to lose 50lbs, it's been a struggle. I need motivation add me into the group.

We all know the struggle! Just think, a month from now you'll be so glad you started now!
  • ashleywright_0
    ashleywright_0 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hey, I am 5'3 and 141 lbs, I started out at 175 lbs and am trying to get down to 125! Feel free to add me, I log on every day :)
  • minnie84
    minnie84 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Trying to lose at least 50 pounds. By being short it seems like it's much easier to gain weight. I'm like a yoyo, my weight goes up and down. I have a hard time losing weight and keeping it off. I am a chef and sometimes it's hard to eat healthy. I am taking baby steps to change ingredients in my favorite dishes to make them more healthy. I'm looking for women around my size for tips and motivation!

Im same hunn doc says im 5.3 n boots scales says 5ft1 lol so easy to put on uet so.hard to strip.
  • andlea79
    andlea79 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 5'1" and I'm trying to lose around 60 lbs. I'm plateauing badly. I work out at least 2-3 times a week and wether I eat well or poorly I often can't budge from certain numbers. I've never used the community feature on here but I thought I'd give it a shot. Any advise and support/motivation is welcome. Thanks.
  • molly3210
    molly3210 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    andlea79 wrote: »
    Hi. I'm 5'1" and I'm trying to lose around 60 lbs. I'm plateauing badly. I work out at least 2-3 times a week and wether I eat well or poorly I often can't budge from certain numbers. I've never used the community feature on here but I thought I'd give it a shot. Any advise and support/motivation is welcome. Thanks.

I hear you! I have to fight so hard to loose, and I plateau easily. From December to January, I lost steadily. In February I stayed stagnant completely: but I'm pretty active. Boot camp workouts three times a week, and dog walks are from 40 -75 min every single day!

Last week I started a new more intense workout routine, which I should be doing 5 days a week. I thinkit's going to be a numbers game: more workouts to challenge my body means more calories burned. there is definitely room for improvement in what I eat, even though I eat pretty clean and so much more reasonably than the average person. I feel amazing even though I've plateaued.... I Love being fit!

Good luck, keep us posted! Shorties gotta fight for every pound...at least this shortie does.
  • Kdkatie3
    Kdkatie3 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I am 5'2 and a half. I was on mfp doing very well for about two weeks. I was working out and eating great. All the sudden I stopped and lost all motivation.I also am about to move and it makes me not want to start and have to stop later. Any motivation or ideas would be greatly appreciated!
  • MissyK222
    MissyK222 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'8'' and excess weight has ALWAYS been an issue for me. I only have 10 lbs to lose (by my standards not medical or social standards) but that 10 lbs is so hard to lose and keep off not to mention I look way bigger than my weight because I'm short. Feel free to add me :smile:
  • emilylittle5494
    emilylittle5494 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am 5"4 and aiming to lose 46 lbs. Anyone can add me if they like.
  • ChaleGirl
    ChaleGirl Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 5"4 and have about 3 stone to lose. The weight always looks so much more on shorter girls!!
  • enuf2
    enuf2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    andlea79 wrote: »

This is me as well. So difficult finding the mix of calories in/calories out. I believe one of these days I will find the magic combo of exercise and calories to eat. Currently, I am only eating half of the exercise cal fitbit gives me. I weigh and log everything! I am trying to have a variety of workouts each week. I am 49 and hormones are playing a huge part in my energy levels. Just taking it day by day and trying to focus on the positives! I am 5'3 with a good 50 to lose.
  • Nelly15xx
    Nelly15xx Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 5,5 I'm not really a scale person I kind of go by how I feel and body pictures (before n after) they really help especially as I'm weight training which can add to your scale weight which can be demotivating
    I also like to see people of a similar size to try and incision what I could achieve ... meal prepping for a few days also helps with the ingredients replacements I would just change up things like the oil I use Try frylight use less butter with cheeses use things like the triangles they are much less calories intake use passata rather than bought sauces fresh herbs and spices to pack in the flavour once you get it and like it u won't loose it
    What helped me is I understood the slimming world rules and just now loosley use what I learnt that may be a good start point very good book
    Good luck
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Fellow Shorties - do you have a specific goal weight or weight range? I would be happy at 128 (now 135), but thinking if I shoot for 123, that would give me a buffer zone. At 123, the heavens would also open up and you'd hear me screaming and singing Handel's Messiah from every corner of the globe!!! :D
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    CeeBeeSlim wrote: »
    Fellow Shorties - do you have a specific goal weight or weight range? I would be happy at 128 (now 135), but thinking if I shoot for 123, that would give me a buffer zone. At 123, the heavens would also open up and you'd hear me screaming and singing Handel's Messiah from every corner of the globe!!! :D

I'm currently 147, started at 150. I'm 4'11 and my goal is 125 lbs right now although my healthy range for my height and frame is 94-115. I will be happy with 125.
  • inkheartlover12
    inkheartlover12 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and hoping to lose 30ish pounds, but at this point I'll settle for whatever I can lose. My biggest weakness is carbs because I love bread and pasta. I've been eating less pasta but still eat cereal a couple times a day (at least). I'm not officially vegetarian but I might as well be because the meat served in my school's cafeteria is super greasy (I'm in college). Cutting out meat for the most part has still not done me any favours though. I don't really have good access to a scale so I'm really aiming for the way I looked at the beginning of highschool when I was about 125. Still could've lost some weight then but it's better than now. I'm also pretty certain I have thyroid issues (undiagnosed though), which doesn't do me any favors. Anyway, long story short, I need people to keep me on track and convince me to go to the gym once in a while; even though I do go to swing dance lessons once a week it isn't enough. I'm pretty satisfied with my muscle mass (I did marching band in highschool) but I hate that you can't tell I have muscles by looking at me. Feel free to add me!
  • lindafit4life21
    lindafit4life21 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone I'm 5 '2 weight 149 pounds. I want to lose 20 total . Add me as I would love new friends to modivate me
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm just at 5' (although my doc says I'm 4' 11" and 3/4 - I say 5'. I'm currently at about 188lbs and want to lose at least 50. I'd love to have more friends and motivation. Right now, I'm sticking to about 1200 calories per day and doing 5 days of cardio (recumbent bike at our apartment gym for 30-45 mins a day).
  • HisLadyBug83
    HisLadyBug83 Posts: 11 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I'm 5'4. I have struggled with weight most of my adult life. My starting goal is 40 lbs. My long-term goal is to lose about 80 lbs. I'm always open to new friends.
  • eshanimongia5
    eshanimongia5 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'2 and trying to loose 50 pounds! Would love to have friends as I'm starting over on this journey!
  • Kenda2427
    Kenda2427 Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11" barely and almost 52 yrs old. It goes on much easier than it comes off the older you get I can attest to that. I am down to my last 5-7 lbs to lose (again) but those last 10 are always the hardest.
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" on a good day (short legs) and I started at 180 at the end of July 2014 and hit my goal of 125 in March of 2016. The last 5-10 are really tough but you can do it! I am currently trying to maintain in a range of 125-130. After the holidays last season I was up above 130 and got up to 134 and then was fluctuating between 133-132. Today I'm back to 130 so hoping I will be back under it in a week or so. Keep going! Consistency, self-forgiveness, moderation and just daily honest logging is really the key.