Looking for friends who don't eat "clean" and healthy

Options

Replies

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Ruatine wrote: »
    @pinuplove Is that lemon meringue?

My sister asked me to bring appetizers for Thanksgiving dinner, so I'm going to make these for one of them:

b4jsz3tpccmp.jpg
    Prosciutto, Parmesan & Dijon rolled in puff pastry and baked until crispy.

I'm also going to make a spinach and artichoke dip, spiced mixed nuts and round it all out with crackers and cheese.

Do you have a recipe for those puff pastry appetizers? I also was assigned "appetizer" and was going to do something very similar - assorted cheese and salami plus spiced almonds and thinking of either baked brie bites or something with puff pastry - I had a recipe for bacon straws but yours sounds more elegant...
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    Yep, I pulled the recipe from here: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/14900/prosciutto-and-parmesan-pinwheels/

Instead of a baking sheet, I use a muffin tin to keep them in a better shape.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Most of my food is frozen, pre-packaged, or take-out. Pretty sure that's not within most people's definitions of clean. Healthy is even debatable. I do take a multi. Sometimes. Don't hold that against me, though.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Friend just brought over 2 personal vegan quiches from her restaurant last night. Having one for lunch with soup (Hubby will have the other) and I'm going out with friends for pizza tonight. Planning to walk both ways to the restaurant (it's 40 minutes each way) so I can fit both things in.
  • estherdragonbat
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    Most of my food is frozen, pre-packaged, or take-out. Pretty sure that's not within most people's definitions of clean. Healthy is even debatable. I do take a multi. Sometimes. Don't hold that against me, though.

I eat healthy-ish. Mostly nutrient-dense food, some treats, lots of packaged convenience foods (Gardein, Yves, the occasional bag of protein chips) try to hit protein and iron and don't sweat the rest of it.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Friend just brought over 2 personal vegan quiches from her restaurant last night. Having one for lunch with soup (Hubby will have the other) and I'm going out with friends for pizza tonight. Planning to walk both ways to the restaurant (it's 40 minutes each way) so I can fit both things in.

vegan quiche?
  • estherdragonbat
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Tastes pretty good, actually. Vegetable-herb. They also do a sweet potato-roasted cashew puree.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Ruatine wrote: »
    @pinuplove Is that lemon meringue?

My sister asked me to bring appetizers for Thanksgiving dinner, so I'm going to make these for one of them:

b4jsz3tpccmp.jpg
    Prosciutto, Parmesan & Dijon rolled in puff pastry and baked until crispy.

I'm also going to make a spinach and artichoke dip, spiced mixed nuts and round it all out with crackers and cheese.

@Ruatine Yes! Lemon meringue is my youngest son's absolute favorite :smiley: I like it because lemon curd is dead easy to make.

The appetizers look divine :yum: I'm quoting the pic for the drool factor!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Tastes pretty good, actually. Vegetable-herb. They also do a sweet potato-roasted cashew puree.

What is the base for the quiche if not eggs? Tofu? Did I miss it somewhere upthread?
  • estherdragonbat
    Options
    They do use tofu for at least one variety. I'm not sure if it's for all of them.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Burger tonight. Small bun, 2 slices of cheese, Kirkland beef patty, 2 slices bacon, mushroom, tomato and buffalo sauce. Made a hell of a mess but was real tasty.
  • Illy_Mooncat
    Illy_Mooncat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Having coconut rice with edamame and cashews for lunch. 615 calories and worth every last one...

Pre keto one of my favorite foods was rice, edimame, soy sauce, and avocado, and those little seaweed sprinkles/rice flavoring you can get at Asian markets. Like deconstructed sushi
  • Illy_Mooncat
    Illy_Mooncat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    xzwtb8y0by16.jpeg

Thanksgiving was awesome
  • DISCIPLINEEQUALSFREEDOM
    Options
    My diary is open, i am the un-cleanest ? Eater in the world.
  • sunfastrose
    sunfastrose Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I spot some green bean casserole @Illy_Mooncat , which I love. Looks like a fantastic plate overall.