Looking for friends who don't eat "clean" and healthy

Options

Replies

• Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    ladyreva78 wrote: »
    Y'all are making my greek yogurt seem pretty bleh.

I pimped mine with a teaspoon of homemade strawberry jam... :drool:

I added Trutein Cinnabun protein powder and green grapes. First time I tried that combo, and it was delicious! Not so sad about my breakfast now!

I need to get more creative with protein powder. I have never tried doing anything with it but mix it with almond milk and drink it. Lately, I have been seeing all kinds of awesome ideas.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Emily3907 wrote: »
    ladyreva78 wrote: »
    Y'all are making my greek yogurt seem pretty bleh.

I pimped mine with a teaspoon of homemade strawberry jam... :drool:

I added Trutein Cinnabun protein powder and green grapes. First time I tried that combo, and it was delicious! Not so sad about my breakfast now!

I need to get more creative with protein powder. I have never tried doing anything with it but mix it with almond milk and drink it. Lately, I have been seeing all kinds of awesome ideas.

I still need to make @crazyravr's cheesecake...

The only cooking I've done with protein powder is pancakes and banana bread.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    BootCampC wrote: »
    I noticed that I will lose more weight when I eat less of the bad foods I was eating before .. strange but true.

Do you spank your food?

no but I know spanking sausage sometimes helps

giphy.gif
  • ermu67
    ermu67 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My kinda posting- real people, be glad to be added as a friend
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    I noticed that I will lose more weight when I eat less of the bad foods I was eating before .. strange but true.

Probably a lot of water weight. "Bad" foods tend to be high in sodium. I cut out "junk" for about a week and I lost over 5lbs.
  • BootCampC
    BootCampC Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    I noticed that I will lose more weight when I eat less of the bad foodscalories thanI was eating before .. strange but true.

fixed it for you

NO!
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Verity1111 wrote: »
    I am going to have pizza... Just not pizza with weird toppings and burned crust.

Hey I dont really like dominos but I agree those toppings were odd...except the onions looked good. But this is why we each can have our own pizza :smiley:

And the crust was burned! That is almost blasphemous as that is the best part of the pizza for me. LOL

ETA- I wanted to do so many different things at the Domino's I managed but corporate only "took my ideas into consideration". That was code for we will keep serving what we serve. But the dough was fresh and the cheese is real mozzarella.

burnt crust pizza doesn't bother me one bit. we have a place near me "anthony's coal fired pizza" and their motto is pizza: well done which is a nice way of saying they burn the crust, i dig it. they even have a pizza without cheese that is crave-worthy - it's topped with breaded eggplant.
  • miladiaz
    miladiaz Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    So I was trying to eat healthy (and I still do most days). I am following a macros plan. Every now and then I'll have something sweet or especially not healthy. I felt guilty about it sometimes because I was only losing about a pound a week. Well this past week I had some rough days and ate hot cheetos and some candy. Low and behold I lost almost 4 pounds. hmmmm...I say I need to be more flexible with myself. Also, I would never judge someone for the food they eat...well never say never, but I can eat pretty badly myself.
  • Staceygram
    Staceygram Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    CatLou76 wrote: »
    I try to eat healthy for the most part. But I clearly can't judge anyone because a few weeks ago when I was desperate for a sugar-fix I smooshed together a tablespoon of butter with a tablespoon of brown sugar and rolled it in mini chocolate chips. Not gonna lie...I'd do it again.

Omg this actually sounds really good.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Been invited out to friends for dinner. On the one hand, a bit worried because I don't really know the calories and can't weigh stuff. On the other hand, I'm bringing a box of cherry chocolate pralines. They're 43 calories each and I am SO having one. (Besides, I've already walked 2 hours and 40 minutes today. I'm probably covered, so long as I stay mindful of what's on my plate and don't keep loading on.)
  • southernoregongrape
    southernoregongrape Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Ooh pick me, pick me. I eat processed foods all the time and even fast food sometimes. As long as I'm under my calorie goal and still losing weight, who cares.
    If you haven't already, come join the filthy eaters group
  • TominTorrance
    TominTorrance Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've got 1000 calories for dinner, thinking of an apple, banana and a costco piece of pizza, with another 150 cal for a snack later. Honestly as was said above, as long as I stay under my calorie goal I am losing weight like nothing I've ever done, maybe it's new guy excitment but this truly is working, and I can eat carbs to a degree!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Ooh pick me, pick me. I eat processed foods all the time and even fast food sometimes. As long as I'm under my calorie goal and still losing weight, who cares.
    If you haven't already, come join the filthy eaters group

Linky link :smile: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/119686-the-filthy-eaters-of-mfp
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to fast food this last week. My kids birthday party sent me down a slippery slope >.< That said....I just ordered more Mediterranean food lol BUT I haven't eaten ANYTHING today. So I'm good. I can eat at least 1200caloies of it. :blush: