Looking for friends who don't eat "clean" and healthy

Options

Replies

• Illy_Mooncat
    Illy_Mooncat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Happy 4th to all my American friends! What naughty things did we eat today??
  • Aerona85
    Aerona85 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to Little Debbie Oatmeal pies...they're only 170 cals each so doable, I just tend to feel guilty eating them!
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Aerona85 wrote: »
    I'm addicted to Little Debbie Oatmeal pies...they're only 170 cals each so doable, I just tend to feel guilty eating them!

I love those, too, but I like to eat them 3 at a time. I NEVER feel guilty when I eat them, though, because I work them into my calories.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

Definitely was not within calories, but I had a crapton of pulled pork, baked beans, and corn on the cob.
  • Illy_Mooncat
    Options

Definitely was not within calories, but I had a crapton of pulled pork, baked beans, and corn on the cob.

Same; I had the cheeseburger salad at Black Bear diner and it was freaking awesome
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I feel safe to talk about my love for sweet tea in this thread. I fit it into my diet and still lose weight. And with real sugar, because I can't stand sugar substitutes. Also, the first few pages make me want to go to Buffalo Wild Wings (never been before) and get some wings, and definitely a bottle of that Southwestern dressing.

Okay I have to ask, what is a great sweet tea? The ones I have tried only ever taste like sugar water but then people keep saying how amazing it is... I feel like I must be missing something and I keep wanting to try mystical "real" sweet tea!

Sweet tea, when made correctly, is basically the nectar of the gods. I didn't grow up in the south, but my Grandma is from southern appalachia and makes her tea on the porch in the summer. Sweet lord is it good.

She has a gallon size mason jar, puts a punch of tea bags in it, lets it steep in the sun and then adds about 1.25 cups of sugar to it while it is still hot from the sun. I have tried to duplicate it many times, but it just never tastes as good as hers.

Also sweet tea and fried chicken = the best meal ever.
  • Illy_Mooncat
    Options
    Emily3907 wrote: »
    Sweet tea, when made correctly, is basically the nectar of the gods. I didn't grow up in the south, but my Grandma is from southern appalachia and makes her tea on the porch in the summer. Sweet lord is it good.

She has a gallon size mason jar, puts a punch of tea bags in it, lets it steep in the sun and then adds about 1.25 cups of sugar to it while it is still hot from the sun. I have tried to duplicate it many times, but it just never tastes as good as hers.

I should try this. Maybe the sunlight is the magic ingredient? Or maybe I need to find a sweet old Southern lady and apprentice to her? Hmmm
  • Emily3907
    Options

I should try this. Maybe the sunlight is the magic ingredient? Or maybe I need to find a sweet old Southern lady and apprentice to her? Hmmm

Now....I should add a disclaimer....there are many that will say making "sun tea" is dangerous and there have been studies to prove that. I personally have been drinking tea like this since I was a very small child and never had an issue, but that doesn't mean the potential risk is moot.

Supposedly there are safe ways to make tea in the sun, but I have always done it the "old-fashioned" way. ;)
  • racergirl1991
    racergirl1991 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking sun tea made with well water since I was a child...never had an issue.
  • Illy_Mooncat
    Options

Now....I should add a disclaimer....there are many that will say making "sun tea" is dangerous and there have been studies to prove that. I personally have been drinking tea like this since I was a very small child and never had an issue, but that doesn't mean the potential risk is moot.

Supposedly there are safe ways to make tea in the sun, but I have always done it the "old-fashioned" way. ;)

I'm now curious as to how on earth making tea from sun is dangerous? What's the principle behind that?
  • Emily3907
    edited July 2017
    Options

I'm now curious as to how on earth making tea from sun is dangerous? What's the principle behind that?

Something about it being in the sun and getting warm enough for bacteria to grow, but not hot enough to kill said bacteria.

That's about all I got, because I don't really pay attention to it. :D
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

Cheeseburgers, vanilla cupcakes (yes, multiple), angel food cake with strawberries, blueberries and whipped cream, corn on the cob, fruit salad.
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    I had brownie & mcdonalds hasbrown for breakfast :D
  • everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Aerona85 wrote: »

I thought these were more calorie dense than that. I'm restricting sweets right now (because let's face it I'd live off them if I could), but the next time I have a sweet treat I think I'll have one.
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    i had some tostitos with spinach dip and 1/2 of a quinoa beet burger fourth of july. o:)

and 7 beers, 6 jello shots and 3/4 a bottle of champagne >:)
  • Fat2Fab1988
    Fat2Fab1988 Posts: 14 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I always eat what I want but then end up feeling bad about it later lol I'm trying to get better at not stressing about it too much..
  • Illy_Mooncat
    Options
    Cheeseburgers, vanilla cupcakes (yes, multiple), angel food cake with strawberries, blueberries and whipped cream, corn on the cob, fruit salad.

Oh man I have had a cupcake craving lately. I bet I can make a Keto version...
  • kokonani
    kokonani Posts: 507 Member
    Options

Oh man I have had a cupcake craving lately. I bet I can make a Keto version...

Vanilla mug cakes are great! Personally I'd rather wait until my cheat day/carb up so I can enjoy the real thing.
  • Tionne31
    Tionne31 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I consider myself to be "diet agnostic". I don't follow any plan or specified pattern of eating, but respect others' rights to do so. As long as they aren't diet evangelists. They're the worst.

I do make an effort to eat mostly plants because they're tasty, cheap af and good for you. I also like to eat a small bit of chocolate because it's tasty.

Diet Evangelists is the funniest thing I have heard all morning, thank you for this...I most certainly will be using it again.