Looking for friends who don't eat "clean" and healthy

Options

Replies

• estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    As far as I know, it's just called a post-fast meal. Or breakfast. But my family's traditions are Ashkenazic (Northern and Eastern European). It's possible that Sephardic (Middle East, Asia, and North Africa) traditions have a name for it.

And to keep on-topic... I made chocolate truffles yesterday. Just semi-sweet chocolate, full-fat coconut milk, vanilla extract, a homeopathic amount of amaretto (seriously. Half a teaspoon split 21 ways) a pinch of salt, and some sweetened shredded coconut. They will be glorious!
  • Illy_Mooncat
    Illy_Mooncat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    And to keep on-topic... I made chocolate truffles yesterday. Just semi-sweet chocolate, full-fat coconut milk, vanilla extract, a homeopathic amount of amaretto (seriously. Half a teaspoon split 21 ways) a pinch of salt, and some sweetened shredded coconut. They will be glorious!

I LOLd heartily. Those do sound amazing though! <3
  • Illy_Mooncat
    Options
    @quiksylver296 Thank you! It was fantastic. The meat lasted us a week and we were both eating it every day. It was AWESOME.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    You know what's delicious that I haven't had in eons?!? Subway's oatmeal raisin cookies. They just popped in my head, and now I can't stop thinking about them. They're 200 calories per... Hmmmmm
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    You know what's delicious that I haven't had in eons?!? Subway's oatmeal raisin cookies. They just popped in my head, and now I can't stop thinking about them. They're 200 calories per... Hmmmmm

I find this fascinating, because Subway oatmeal raisin cookies only JUST came to the Middle East and are advertised as a brand new thing. :D So they lied to us?!
  • MrBromeliad
    MrBromeliad Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm with you!! I eat hot cheetos and snickers occasionally and I didn't die from it. You can absolutely be healthy and leave room for these things in your life!!
  • quiksylver296
    Options

I find this fascinating, because Subway oatmeal raisin cookies only JUST came to the Middle East and are advertised as a brand new thing. :D So they lied to us?!

Yep! Been around forever in the US. I'm pretty sure I had them in my 20's. So, 20 years ago or so.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

Yep! Been around forever in the US. I'm pretty sure I had them in my 20's. So, 20 years ago or so.

I'm fascinated. When I was a kid, we only had three flavors: chocolate chip, double chocolate, and white chocolate macadamia. Two new additions (something about raspberry and white chocolate and then the oatmeal raisin) only showed up in the last two years. What other flavors are they hiding from me?? :o
  • quiksylver296
    Options

I'm fascinated. When I was a kid, we only had three flavors: chocolate chip, double chocolate, and white chocolate macadamia. Two new additions (something about raspberry and white chocolate and then the oatmeal raisin) only showed up in the last two years. What other flavors are they hiding from me?? :o

Raspberry cheesecake - which are pretty darn good! - and frosted sugar cookie are all I can think of. I don't buy their cookies very often, though. I don't even look at the case when I walk by, too tempting.
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options

my coworker goes to subway fairly frequently and brings back a dozen cookies, they are not easy to budget! but they are delicious. so far my record for turning them down is like 30/70.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options

I worked at Subway when I got pregnant with my first baby. I still dislike the smell of their bread and cookies. Even though I know they should smell good, I've forever associated that smell with 1st trimester nausea :confounded:

On topic, I also just returned from a vacation where I ate ALL the things :lol: Trying to get some semblance of self-control back now is proving difficult!
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options

i think there's a peanut butter sometimes too? i could be wrong on that one.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    There's a Subway about 3 blocks from my office. I am seriously debating cookies for lunch now. :D
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    There's a Subway about 3 blocks from my office. I am seriously debating cookies for lunch now. :D

Sounds like a super awesome plan! If it fits your macros, that is. ;)
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

Raspberry cheesecake - which are pretty darn good! - and frosted sugar cookie are all I can think of. I don't buy their cookies very often, though. I don't even look at the case when I walk by, too tempting.

i think there's a peanut butter sometimes too? i could be wrong on that one.

... Now I'm going to cry. Where's MINE?! I demand an explanation, Subway!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    We had peanut butter, M&M, chocolate chunk, and white chocolate macadamia nut cookies when I worked there. WC macadamia are the best!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    We had peanut butter, M&M, chocolate chunk, and white chocolate macadamia nut cookies when I worked there. WC macadamia are the best!

Those are hubs favs, but I'm mildly allergic to macadamia nuts (most nuts, actually). Sometimes I'll give in, but having my throat and inner ears itch usually isn't worth it.
  • quiksylver296
    Options

Sounds like a super awesome plan! If it fits your macros, that is. ;)

I'm kinda meh about my cals/macros today. After tomorrow, I'm gonna get back on that wagon.
  • Illy_Mooncat
    Options

Rasins were put on this earth by Satan himself. Bleaarrgghhh :s
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    They're just grapes I couldn't get to before they aged...