Looking for friends who don't eat "clean" and healthy

Replies

• ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Ruatine wrote: »
    Ah, see I get that. Texture can be a weird thing. I like the texture of quinoa. Their little balls of fun! :D

:flushed:
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    ladyreva78 wrote: »
    Ah, see I get that. Texture can be a weird thing. I like the texture of quinoa. Their little balls of fun! :D

:flushed:

:laugh:
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    I would just like to point out that it wasn't me this time!
  • ladyreva78
    Yeah... bored out of my mind in a seminar doesn't help :tongue:
  • chrisahubbard
    chrisahubbard Posts: 201 Member
    I spit out my water when I saw what she highlighted
  • quiksylver296
    Since we are on the topic, and it's Friday, and I don't feel like working...

What healthy food will you absolutely, never, ever eat?

Mine is brussel sprouts. I've tried. I've done the roasting thing. Ew. Nope. No, thank you. Not in any way, shape, or form.
  • chrisahubbard
    chrisahubbard Posts: 201 Member

Mine is brussel sprouts. I've tried. I've done the roasting thing. Ew. Nope. No, thank you. Not in any way, shape, or form.

Kale, most green things, most vegetables lol
  • ladyreva78

Bananas :neutral:
    Tried again this week. Puking still isn't fun.
  • ladyreva78
    :joy: That is soooo not what I meant. Dangit - apparently my mind isn't in the gutter enough to catch that before I wrote it. And, now I see my typo is immortalized twice too. :neutral: That's what I get for posting in a hurry before a meeting.

Sorry... not sorry :tongue:
  • pinuplove
    edited June 2018
    I love roast brussel sprouts! And roasted cauliflower :yum:

I hate seafood. In almost any form (fried, broiled, drowned in butter, etc.) I will tolerate some very mild white fishes, but that is it. Shrimp - ew. Crab, lobster, oysters - double ew. My kids love fried calamari. It's all I can do to sit at the table with them :dizzy:
  • quiksylver296

Kale, most green things, most vegetables lol

Kale I will eat in Zuppa Toscana. I like most green things - green beans, peas, spinach, cucumbers, lettuces. I like most vegetables. I even like pickled okra. But no brussel sprouts.
  • quiksylver296
    pinuplove wrote: »
    I love roast brussel sprouts! And roasted cauliflower :yum:

I hate seafood. All of it. In any form (fried, broiled, drowned in butter, etc.) I will tolerate some very mild white fishes, but that is it. Shrimp - ew. Crab, lobster, oysters - double ew. My kids love fried calamari. It's all I can do to sit at the table with them :dizzy:

I like Krab, but not crab. Weird, I know.

I don't like lobster. I don't hate it, but it isn't worth the $$$, IMO.

I've only had oysters once, BBQed on the half-shell in New Orleans and they were delicious.

I love good calamari, but not if it's rubbery.
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    edited June 2018
    I'll eat kale in Zuppa Toscana too - mainly because you literally cannot taste the nasty bitterness at all.

I will not eat fish. No way. No how. Not going to happen. I've tried so many times to like fish, and it just never comes to me. It doesn't help that I gag just from smelling it either (cooked or raw). I do like fried calamari though (weird, but it doesn't taste like seafood at all to me). I can't do shrimp, clams or scallops either though, and I really do keep trying. They just make me gag every time.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    I mean, don't judge me or anything, but I love kale and quinoa. The best kale dish I had was in Boise interestingly enough. I was there for business last September and there was an Italian restaurant in the downtown-ish area (Red Feather something?) that had the most amazing grilled kale Caesar salad. I've tried to recreate it, but can't.

We make the shwarma bowls from skinnytaste.com with quinoa on the regular.

Just to show you I'm serious about not clean eating, though, I've eaten 5 tootsie roll mini candies each night for a week now. DIRTY. DIRTY. DIRTY.

Red Feather Lounge at Bittercreek Alehouse?

That's the one.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member

Raw tomatoes. I don't care of they are home grown, best tomatoes ever. I'm not eating them.

I will eat pico de Gallo (weird and irrational) and other tomato products. Never raw tomatoes.

• estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member

Same. I still hold out hope I'll find a way to love them, but... not yet.
  • quiksylver296
    edited June 2018

Raw tomatoes. I don't care of they are home grown, best tomatoes ever. I'm not eating them.

I will eat pico de Gallo (weird and irrational) and other tomato products. Never raw tomatoes.

Same! And I get upset if they put tomatoes on my sandwich after I've asked for no tomato. You can still taste the slime!
  • pinuplove

Same! And I get upset if they put tomatoes on my sandwich after I've asked for no tomato. You can still taste the slime!

I used to hate tomatoes. Now I like them, especially the little cherubs! Weird. Same with avocados.