Looking for friends who don't eat "clean" and healthy

Options

Replies

• estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    I've been rationing out the treats that two of my lunch guests brought me on Saturday. One brought a bag of 'fancy' red licorice (If we define 'fancy' as 4" pieces with narrow spiraling ridges that aren't Twizzlers) and one brought chocolate-covered almonds. I've been rationing them. 2 pieces of licorice here, 6 almonds there... And I'm doing okay. No urge to take more. Just sweet indulgence in moderation...
  • kokonani
    kokonani Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I've been rationing out the treats that two of my lunch guests brought me on Saturday. One brought a bag of 'fancy' red licorice (If we define 'fancy' as 4" pieces with narrow spiraling ridges that aren't Twizzlers) and one brought chocolate-covered almonds. I've been rationing them. 2 pieces of licorice here, 6 almonds there... And I'm doing okay. No urge to take more. Just sweet indulgence in moderation...

Yum! Now I have to get some red vines or licorice tomorrow. Love them with haribo gummi bears. Love candy!
  • kokonani
    Options
    I will agree with this. Evil little pretending-to-be-chocolate-chips critters. The horror of expecting chocolate and getting THOSE is unparallelled! (I do like oatmeal cookies, though. Just hold the raisins!)

I like you. I think we're going to get along.
    :D

Let's start a Death-To-Raisins club! ;)

Aren't raisins just dead grapes? I will eat raisins but baking with them should be illegal.

I love chocolate covered raisins.. that's the only way I will eat them.
  • Woodsmoke
    Woodsmoke Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Bring on the junk T_T
  • spyro88
    spyro88 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Haha great thread :) I tend to eat what I want so long as it fits in my calories. Some days I go over... but if the general trend is that I'm losing weight and feeling better, then I'm getting what I want.

If you are achieving what you want from this then who cares what everyone else thinks?

Good luck! x
  • cbillings78
    cbillings78 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Best post ever,can eat salad and veggies ,fresh fruit etc all day long..but I need salt and icing in my life
  • zeldon919
    zeldon919 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I currently have 1200ish calories left for dinner (going to the gym). I will eat them all.

McDonald's or Dagwood's (like Subway, but actually good)....that is the questions.
  • Illy_Mooncat
    Illy_Mooncat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Wooo been a second! Hi again all! Husband and I went camping this weekend and while I made plenty of tasty and healthy campfire meals, there was ice cream, s'mores, gin and sodas, and Wendy's to balance it all out ;);)
  • samataz
    samataz Posts: 21 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Hi all I'm new but love this thread! Ok I'm not the sweet eater so much as I am a tasty pretty food vacuum lol. If it's all fancy looking and pretty I wanna try it, I love flavor!!! Bring it on! I'm a sucker for delicious tasty food. Yup mexican and Italian are my faves but I love sushi as well and oh getting fancy looking dressed up tasty food put in front of me ha ha ha. Come to momma!! Dessert ok I will take a bite but yeah I don't really eat processed out of the box food or fast food so much. I also haven't given up a good micro brew either...good food needs good alcohol! Liquor as well and wine! Ok I felt so guilty not eating salads and chicken and fish all the time or snacking on nuts like my ex but I like my good food and just couldn't give it up! I love going to fancy restaurants and trying their pretty fancy foods... I don't want to leave this life and have regrets!! Ha ha ha!-Portion control, water and exercise is my key, I'm still reaching my calorie goals and getting my muscle and leanness but not sacrificing my food choices...Oh thank you it was so nice to just get that off my chest!
  • ek0513
    ek0513 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    There is no food I won't eat as long as it fits in my calories. I usually try to have a very healthy lunch including lots of veggies, but then for supper I eat whatever type of food my family is having. Removing all unhealthy or junk foods would never be sustainable for me because I am not going to make my family change their diets just for my sake, and force them to have only healthy things. Plus knowing I'm going to have a delicious sometimes unhealthy meal for supper gets me through the day of eating vegetables. Find whatever works for you and go with it. If eating clean is what keeps you happy then that's fine, but for me I eat whatever I want, just in moderation. I've lost 40 lbs this way so I think it's working for me. I saw comments earlier on this thread talking about Buffalo Wild Wings, so I wanted to say that the entire first year of my diet was around the same time when I won free wings for a year from bww, and I still lost weight!
  • kokonani
    Options
    So lately I've been on the hunt for anything pumpkin flavored- ice cream, muffins, cookies, ect. I can't resist all the seasonal junk food and snacks that hit the shelves right around this time! Caramel apples, pumpkin everything! Yum!!
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Had an egg white delight from McDonald's although I wanted a big ol' breakfast burrtio with lots of cheese bacon potato, and eggs :( and I want Wendy's for lunch stupid cravings thank aunt flow :/
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    Had an egg white delight from McDonald's although I wanted a big ol' breakfast burrtio with lots of cheese bacon potato, and eggs :( and I want Wendy's for lunch stupid cravings thank aunt flow :/

I had a bacon cheeseburger and tater tots yesterday for the same reason.
  • Illy_Mooncat
    Options
    I'm going to make fathead pizza for dinner... Can't wait for the day to be over JUST for that :D
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    Wow this is still movin? Lol. Anyway Ive been MIA for a while! My youngest was diagnosed with autism and is nonverbal (as is his older brother) and I am back in college plus my 2 oldest go to school on separate sides of the city so I'm pretty busy but Im back at it now. :)
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    vnb_208 wrote: »

Nothin wrong with egg whites! I tried "The Good Egg" sandwich from Au Bon Pain near me and exchanged the eggs for whites...it was amazingly good. I split it into two meals though. It's a huge sandwich. lol. The egg white patty alone was like an inch thick. LOL.
  • Spiderpug
    Spiderpug Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Skittles, just had mad urge for skittles!
    Luckily I'm too lazy to go and buy some! I guess my dark choc chunk will have to do
  • timibotkin
    timibotkin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I eat what I crave, I love food! So I'm trying to control my portions and not go over my calories for the day, and I set them over 2000, so far do good down 35 pounds.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,272 Member
    Options
    It's apple cider season. I try not to drink my calories in general, but this time of the year I always fail at that!
  • Illy_Mooncat
    Options
    Athijade wrote: »
    It's apple cider season. I try not to drink my calories in general, but this time of the year I always fail at that!

Right?? I'm trying to not think too much about Starbucks caramel apple cider. I got some apple cinnamon tea the other day that's doing pretty well at curbing the cravings, but it's not totally the same of course