• impudentputz
    impudentputz Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    piercing*

And it depends on the person, some people like them, others don't. *shrug*
  • stephen4232
    stephen4232 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    one some girls its super sexy and others its as you say trashy.

I like it on a fit girl with super abs....but thats just me!
  • kittyd7015
    kittyd7015 Posts: 4,546 Member
    Options

dat rules me out then! xxx
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    My sis has one and I kinda want one but are they still considered trashy? xxx
    Why do you care? People will find a way to find anything trashy or offensive. And I'm just gonna go ahead and assume you mean a belly button piercing. Because while I wouldn't find a stomach piercing trashy, I'd certainly find it disturbing and potentially life threatening.
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I have one and I don't even bother wearing a ring anymore. It's annoying. It gets caught on everything and hurts if you sit wrong. Personally, I think it's a little out of fashion, but I've still seen girls rock them. The new sexy trend that's coming back right now (that's I'm super excited about) is wrap jewelry. Like snake ankle bracelets and upper arm bands. I love those and they don't get infected. Oh! That's another thing. I got mine when I was 16 and I was into a lot of sports then. I took it out before every workout, but it did get infected pretty easily even though I was good about keeping it clean. Just be prepared for some soreness if you like working out.

Edit: I forgot! Find a ring that's gold. It helped with my sensitivity and you want to be safe than sorry!
  • SuMcP
    SuMcP Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    If you want one get one! I had mine done just before my 40th birthday, mainly because my children clearly disapproved. This year, in my run up to my 50th birthday, I've had a phoenix tattoo on my foot. I love them both - express yourself :flowerforyou:
  • alyngard
    alyngard Posts: 103
    Options
    I got my when I was about 15 (I'm 34 now), but back then I had a cute body. I second that it does get infected easily and is annoying at times when you sit etc. I think I took mine out around 20. I'm not sure how old you are, but I do think that after a certain age they start looking a bit ridiculous, but that's just my opinion. As far as trashy? That really just depends on the person. It's like a nose piercing, or a tattoo, it can look great on the right person, but a hot mess on someone else.
  • Sylvitryinghard
    Sylvitryinghard Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    yeahhhhhhhhhhh and loving it. 34 now and got it when I was 17 and I can nearly open my own shop with belly button piercings and accessories lol
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    LOVE LOVE THEM
    my 15 year old just got one.
    GORGEOUS,
    I almost did it with her,
    I chickened out.
    but now I wish I did.
  • taniiagirl
    taniiagirl Posts: 47
    Options
    I have one and planning on getting the cross bar when I reach my next goal. I love mine had it done 6 years ago and never had an issue with it.
    I like it so I do not care what people think about me having one aha I don't go flaunting it the only time its on show to people is in the pool and behide closed doors with my boyfriend.
    If you want one go for it though hun.
  • monjacq1964
    monjacq1964 Posts: 291 Member
    Options

*that
  • CarlaRG
    CarlaRG Posts: 264
    Options
    I'm 41 and if I hit my goal (and truly feel good about it) by Dec. I'm planning on getting mine done. As for trashy, no one will see it but me unless I go swimming which is hardly ever, so who cares. My 19 year old tried to talk me into getting it done last night, but NO. Not ready for that.
  • EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options

Go for it! It would look great on you. =o]
    jon-stewart-awsome-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-550.gif
  • yelliezx
    yelliezx Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I've had my belly button pierced for years. I love it.
  • michellechawner
    Options
    Yeah I think you mean belly button ring. When I hear stomach (sorry, I was a county medic for a while) I think of literal stomach.

Up to you, my personal opinion is they are trashy but that's just me. If you don't like the piercing after you've had it done, just take it out :smile:
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I've thought about getting one once I hit my goal just because it was something I always wanted prior to having three kids, but ehhhh.....I just don't know that I'll ever do it. IDK.....I just feel like I'm past that prime age for it even though it would never bother me on another woman.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    I think belly rings are super sexy. And not trashy at all.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I have one and it's lovely, add's to my body in my opinion. It doesn't matter if people think it's trashy because they just don't want it or don't appreciate it. It's about whether you like it or not that should help you make your decision. One of my pictures has a body shot if you want to see what it looks like on me and believe me I was not full of sexy abs when I took the photo but it doesn't look bad :)
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry. What in the WORLD is a stomach piercing?!? Do you mean navel?!? please tell me you meant navel, because the other sounds painful.
  • glpro76
    glpro76 Posts: 14
    Options
    Love'em!