Is eating 5000 calories per day doable

Options
1235»

Replies

• French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    lkpducky wrote: »
    @psuLemon I didn't want to scare the readers away ;-)

You're not scaring readers away till you're busting out the clowns. ;)

ugmgcqadym5l.jpg
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options

ugmgcqadym5l.jpg
    OMG why? :'(
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »

ugmgcqadym5l.jpg

For a gluten free option? And who doesn't love clowns.
  • French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »

ugmgcqadym5l.jpg

Personally, I am having to revise my opinion...perhaps sugar IS de Debbil, if this is sugar's mascot. Or it at least lurks under your bed and comes out and stares at you while you're sleeping....
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »

ugmgcqadym5l.jpg

Personally, I am having to revise my opinion...perhaps sugar IS de Debbil, if this is sugar's mascot. Or it at least lurks under your bed and comes out and stares at you while you're sleeping....

Lol
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Jruzer wrote: »
    BHFF wrote: »
    Here is the problem with white bread....it has SUGAR. White rice does not. I would avoid white breads if it were me. White rice is fine though

I just made several sourdough loaves with no sugar, just flour, water and salt, although I would normally add 1 tsp per 1-lb loaf. Is that clean? If so, I will add that to our definition of clean foods:

1-lb rustic boule of homemade white sourdough bread with 1 tsp sugar = dirty as sin
    1-lb rustic boule of homemade white sourdough bread without 1 tsp of sugar = clean???
    Random white rice = clean

Just so you're up to speed, here is the starter list of "clean" definitions collected by @diannethegeek :

Nothing but minimally processed foods.
    Absolutely no processed foods.
    Shop only the outside of the grocery store.
    Nothing out of a box, jar, or can.
    Only food that's not in a box or hermetically sealed bag, or from e.g. McDonald's.
    No take-out or junk food at all.
    Nothing at all with a barcode.
    Nothing with more than 5 ingredients.
    Nothing with more than 4 ingredients.
    Nothing with more than 3 ingredients.
    Nothing with more than 1 ingredient.
    No added preservatives.
    No added chemicals.
    No chemicals, preservatives, etc. at all.
    No ingredients that you can't pronounce.
    No ingredients that sound like they came out of a chemistry book.
    Nothing that is processed and comes in a package or wrapper, or has any ingredient that sounds scientific.
    Don't eat products that have a TV commercial.
    Don't eat foods that have a mascot.
    If it grows or had a mother, it is ok to eat it.
    Don't eat products that have a longer shelf life than you do.
    Eat "food" and not "food-like substances."
    No added sugar.
    No added refined sugar.
    Swap white sugar for brown.
    No "white" foods.
    Nothing but lean meats, fruits, and vegetables.
    Nothing but lean meats, fruits, vegetables, and beans.
    A plant-based whole food diet.
    Eat foods as close to their natural state as POSSIBLE, and little to no processed food.
    Only meat from grass-fed animals and free-range chickens.
    Only pesticide-free foods.
    Nothing that causes your body bloat or inflammation.
    No trigger foods, nothing from fast food chains, nothing in the junk food aisles, and no high gmo foods.
    No red meat, no sweets, no pasta, no alcohol, no bread, no soda, nothing but fresh fruits and vegetables, complex carbohydrates and lean proteins.
    Eat a plant based diet consisting of whole plant foods.
    No bad carbs and processed foods.
    Anything that makes a better choice.
    Not cheating on whatever diet you are on.
    Any food that doesn't make it difficult to hit your macro/micro targets.
    Clean eating means eating optimally.

If you have definitions to add, you can do so here: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10337480/what-is-clean-eating/p1

Is craft beer out of question though? In all seriousness, it has some nutrition in it and well... I love a few now and then.

Craft beer is always acceptable.

You know that's right.
    Here is the problem with white bread....it has SUGAR. White rice does not. I would avoid white breads if it were me. White rice is fine though

Still wondering what's wrong with sugar?
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

Not to mention the inconvenient little fact that ALL carbs are composed of, and break down into, simple sugars in the body. So those "good" carbs in white rice become the exact same thing as those "evil" carbs in breads - simple sugars.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »

Not to mention the inconvenient little fact that ALL carbs are composed of, and break down into, simple sugars in the body. So those "good" carbs in white rice become the exact same thing as those "evil" carbs in breads - simple sugars.

Indeed- hard to manage all these little niggling exceptions- I'd like for that to explained as well. #stillwaiting
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    LMAO uh youre cute! No fear mongering here just facts. You eat all the sugar you want and be happy with that. As a lic. nutritionist I don't think its a good idea for people to go out and start eating things loaded with sugar and want to be a bodybuilder. Which this thread is about. Unless you are a lic. nutritionist as well and have a better opinion.

Congratulations!! Well done in going from having no qualifications in nutrition just last week to being a licenced nutririonalist this week!! That's got to be a record!

A fast learner, apparently. :#
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »

It's a hipster thing. You're a cretin unless you drink "craft" beer.

Heathens! All my friends are heathens! This thread has been entertaining :laugh:
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    YES! Eating 5000 calories per day of CLEAN food is attainable but takes a lot of work and focus. When you need to eat every 2 1/2 to 3 hours per day it can be a cahllenge. For those people who are trying to put on muscle and mass eating 5k calories per day of CLEAN foods is something you might need to do. Depending upon your current stature and your goals you may just need to consume this many calories per day to build size and muscle.

My food is clean, especially my fruits and vegetables that I am careful to wash well before consumption. I suspect the rest of my foods are washed prior to packaging.

Your information about food type and meal timing is not correct. If I ate that much food each day, clean or dirty, I would be about 2800 over my TDEE, which would have been gaining that weight pretty darned fast! I would be Ms. Balloon!!!

Also, there is nothing wrong with sugar, especially in moderation.