DIET COKE VS COKE ZERO

Options

Replies

• slider728
    slider728 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Coke Zero is my favorite of the two. It's not a common product everywhere though. When I used to return to my hometown in Alaska, I'd ask for Coke Zero out of habit and quite a few people would look at me like I was off my rocker.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Neither. Diet Dr Pepper.

I've been on a Pepsi Max kick lately, but now I'm missing my true love
  • cabwj
    cabwj Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Diet A&W. Oh, sorry, that wasn't the question. Coke Zero.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Coke Zero, absolutely. If somewhere only has Diet Coke and not Coke Zero, I get something else entirely.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Coke zero, but....but..
    Pepsi Max!

Sticking to the topic, though: I love, love love coke zero vanilla and coke zero cherry.

I also, obviously have a problem typing coke without adding an extra letter and removing one. o_O Oopsies.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,177 Member
    Options
    I prefer the flavour of Coke Zero or Pepsi Max, but will go with Diet Coke if that's the only option.
  • ModernRock
    ModernRock Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I lived in one of the early Coca-Cola Zero test market cities and switched immediately away from Diet Coke. That was around 2005. The early Coca-Cola Zero was sold in a white/silver can.

I recall reading that Zero is the same flavor formula as regular Coke but with an artificial sweetener instead of sugar/HFCS. Diet Coke has a different flavor formula in addition to the artificial sweetener.

Tab is also a Coca-Cola product and is closer than Diet Coke to the flavor of Coke Zero.

Kroger sells a Coke Zero knockoff called Cola Oh! that isn't exactly right, but is still very good when judged on it's own merits.
  • Pooshka2
    Pooshka2 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Neither. Studies have shown that diet sodas do NOT aid in weight loss. Too many artificial sweeteners and other icky chemicals. Water is your best friend if you're trying to drop a few pounds. Great for your kidneys and digestive system.
  • ModernRock
    ModernRock Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Also, I have yet to have a Coke Zero that tasted like Coke Zero out of one of those Freestyle machines.
  • laburto
    laburto Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Regular coca cola :)
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    I honestly can't remember the last time I had soda. But back in the day, I definitely preferred regular Coke to Diet Coke.
  • southblessings
    southblessings Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If you need it for a bit as a "bridge" food till you can get past it, go with Diet Coke. It has Aspartame, which doesn't spike blood sugar, while Coke Zero also includes acesulfame potassium, which DOES. This is especially important if you are diabetic. If you check blood sugars after drinking each of these, you will see. I'll admit, however, that Zero tastes better. Diet Dr. Pepper doesn't have acesulfame potassium (known as Ace K), either, and is a decent choice. I think (not sure) that Diet Mug or IBC Root Beer skips the Ace K, too. It's one of the diet root beers, just not sure which one.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I don't drink much soda, but diet cherry Coke Zero is my absolute weakness. I seriously love that stuff. It's super hard to find, though!
  • ConnieT1030
    ConnieT1030 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Diet Pepsi (the one with no aspartame). I only marginally like coke & hate the diet versions. Diet coke is marketed to women and Coke Zero was invented to market to men, with a slight rebalancing of the same ingredients. I tried zero, it was a big fat zero to me, but then again, so is DC. I have no idea what DidtCoke is. (Someone has to say it!)
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Diet Pepsi (the one with no aspartame). I only marginally like coke & hate the diet versions. Diet coke is marketed to women and Coke Zero was invented to market to men, with a slight rebalancing of the same ingredients. I tried zero, it was a big fat zero to me, but then again, so is DC. I have no idea what DidtCoke is. (Someone has to say it!)

Heh, my old boss used to say I was drinking "boy diet coke" when I drank Zero, he wouldn't believe me that they tasted different.
  • 4homer
    4homer Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Cherry coke zero and faygo diet rock & rye
  • ConnieT1030
    ConnieT1030 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Heh, my old boss used to say I was drinking "boy diet coke" when I drank Zero, he wouldn't believe me that they tasted different.
    He is correct :) except they do taste different, because while the ingredients are the same, they changed the proportions, which changes the flavor profile slightly. I did some reading on it awhile back.
    Men tend to avoid products that are called "diet" as male consumers associate that with women, but because they also like to lose weight (but resist calling it "dieting") so the name appeals to them. It was fascinating stuff, marketing guys are brutal with that psychology stuff they use on us! I can't recall where the stuff was, but I'm sure you can eventually find it by googling those related terms, if youre worried about all that.