Is dark chocolate clean?

Options

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    also, why isn't there a product with like splenda or stevia in a high % dark? I would think there would be a market for a sweet, really dark, chocolate.
    I can never tell if you're serious, but the ONLY dark chocolate I like is Green & Black's 85%. It tastes like a very rich chocolate cheesecake and isn't nearly as bitter as other darks, but still is very low in sugar.

yeah, to be 100% real, I would like a product that would take some of the bitterness out of 85%+ dark without adding sugar. So that was a real question.
    Try the Green & Black's, then. It really is very good. A while back, I started eating it with a little bit of peanut butter, too, so even better. :-)

But I like it without the PB just fine and I really hate every other dark chocolate.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I'm saying yes. Lotsa nutritional goodies to be had there.

Nutritional goodies don't make something clean.

"natural" nutritional goodies just to warm things over?

Well, obviously chocolate is not in the form those ingredients would be found in nature, so by the strictest definition it's not clean. But if all the ingredients that make the whole were in their natural form, then it might be clean if we're grading on a curve.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    Try the Green & Black's, then. It really is very good. A while back, I started eating it with a little bit of peanut butter, too, so even better. :-)

But I like it without the PB just fine and I really hate every other dark chocolate.

Green and Blacks is usually more expensive than even Endangered Species (my fav.) here. My favorite for taste is the Endangered Species 72% Mint, but the 88% ES is pretty good for a VERY dark chocolate.

I do like Green & Black's though. I'm eating the cheap crap right now (Ghiradelli or Moser's).
  • spidey11186
    spidey11186 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    DarkChocolate_zpsf0f92770.jpg
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Green and Blacks is usually more expensive than even Endangered Species (my fav.) here. My favorite for taste is the Endangered Species 72% Mint, but the 88% ES is pretty good for a VERY dark chocolate.

I do like Green & Black's though. I'm eating the cheap crap right now (Ghiradelli or Moser's).
    I can't stand Ghiradelli. Blech. I haven't tried those other two. Maybe I'll check out Endangered Species if I can find it. I get G&B at Walmart. It's a bit cheaper there. I eat 6 squares a day, so a bar lasts me about a week.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    yeah, anything over 72% in the G is bleh.

I'm scooping PB with the squares I have.
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    it's clean until you drop it on the ground.....unless its one of those weird bird poop chocolates from the rain forest.....that's probably dirty
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Dark Chocolate + Crunchy Sugar Crystals & Vanilla Bean
    79.jpg

Dark Milk Chocolate Bar + Sea Salt
    73.jpg

Dark Chocolate + Coffee
    159.jpg
  • glutesandabs
    glutesandabs Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Who cares? Dark chocolate sucks.
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    There are some things you just don't question. :happy:
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Who cares? Dark chocolate sucks.

BLASPHEMER!!!
  • ladyu
    ladyu Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    get the 100 calorie chocolate bars!
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    if you wash it it's clean. i personally like to wash my dark chocolate in peanut butter
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    I'm saying yes. Lotsa nutritional goodies to be had there.

Nutritional goodies don't make something clean.

"natural" nutritional goodies just to warm things over?

Well, obviously chocolate is not in the form those ingredients would be found in nature, so by the strictest definition it's not clean. But if all the ingredients that make the whole were in their natural form, then it might be clean if we're grading on a curve.

hD6EC1402
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    I find it to be very cleansing.

11111dark-chocolate-bath.jpg

From where the bubble placement is...I'm going to say...Not anymore.
  • SirBonerFart
    SirBonerFart Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    it's 2013 I don't judge chocolate by its color
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Don't drop it on the floor, and you're golden!
  • _G4BR13L_
    _G4BR13L_ Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    BLASPHEMER!!!

Agreed!!!!!!!!!!!!! DARK CHOCOLATE is the ONLY CHOCOLATE for ME!!!!!!!!!!
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    it's 2013 I don't judge chocolate by its color

QFT

This man knows what he's talking about! Look at the size of his fish!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Depends on the percentage

how about 69-90%

Sorry dude...it's only clean if you make it from scratch. If it came out of a wrapper, it's unclean as it was processed by someone other than yourself...those are the breaks dude.