Is dark chocolate clean?

Options

Replies

• MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's has a 72% cacao and a "Dark Chocolate Lover's Chocolate bar" that's really good, but you have to like the taste of dark chocolate.

A couple squares of that and a couple tablespoons of peanut butter...great desserts, packed with goodies. Can't do too much of it though-pretty calorie-dense.
  • SutapaMukherji
    SutapaMukherji Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Who cares? It's tasty. :wink:

My thoughts exactly :laugh:
  • JingleMuffin
    JingleMuffin Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    how about this, I eat one of this sometimes when I'm on the road and feel like slummin'

specialdarkb0306.jpg

lol, vaniiln isint even vanila. its treebark, what other kind of artifcial flavor does chocolate need?? its chocolate!

what the eff hersheys?
  • TwistedRider
    TwistedRider Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    BLASPHEMER!!!

Agreed!!!!!!!!!!!!! DARK CHOCOLATE is the ONLY CHOCOLATE for ME!!!!!!!!!!

Yep.. nothing else gets eaten in this house.

and generally not much under 70%
    lucky our local supermarket has an awesome range of 75%+ dark in a range of flavours.
  • TwistedRider
    TwistedRider Posts: 45 Member
    Options

what the eff hersheys?

It's not chocolate, that's for sure..... tasted foul each time i've tried it. But it's not readily available over here thankfully.
  • getting_fit86
    getting_fit86 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    If you looking for a truly "clean" dark chocolate, look for something organic. NOT hershies or dairy milk or whatever store brand stuff is out there. I would go to a health food store where they have the real organic stuff sold by the pound! MMMMM!!!!!!!!!
  • Melissa11412
    Melissa11412 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    it's clean until you drop it on the ground.....unless its one of those weird bird poop chocolates from the rain forest.....that's probably dirty

i'm callin' 5 second rule (if it's on the ground less than 5 seconds it's still cleannnnnnnnnn) :laugh:
  • JingleMuffin
    JingleMuffin Posts: 543 Member
    Options

what the eff hersheys?

It's not chocolate, that's for sure..... tasted foul each time i've tried it. But it's not readily available over here thankfully.

right and right
  • Rebecca_87
    Rebecca_87 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    If you want chocolate as a treat, don't worry so much about how clean it is. It's a treat, and anything out of a wrapper is generally processed, therefore may not be "clean" by your definition. The higher the percentage is better, but not very tasty and isn't really something I'd call a treat.

Though if you want it more often for it's health benefits, I suggest getting raw cacao powder or nibs and add them to a smoothie, preferably with a banana (since it's just a nice flavor combo, and the banana adds natural sweetness in my opinion). It's probably as clean as it's going to get that way.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Who cares? Dark chocolate sucks.
    Since I've found a truly good dark chocolate, I think milk chocolate sucks.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options

this...that crap is just candy...
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    In my book chocolate is clean but if it is in a product containing sugar of any kind or artificial sugar it is not a clean product.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Green & Black's 85%* or GTFO!

(* or something else if it's on sale...I'm really not that passionate about my choice of dark chocolate.)
  • Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Technically bc it has chemicals and additives, no it is not. But I eat a piece now and then to curb the cravings, it isn't bad for you, its the amount you intake that can be. Just with anything else. Eat clean, and sneak a treat in once in a while. I had Wendys a few weeks ago bc I was craving greasy crappy salty fried chicken sandwich and fries LOL. Those rare rare rare cheat days help me feel better. lol.
  • spidey11186
    spidey11186 Posts: 141 Member
    Options

Since I've found dark chocolate... I think milk chocolate sucks lol
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    messy-kid.jpg
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    lolol...
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Its fkn good. Thats all I care about.
  • likeswhiskey
    Options
    I eat 85% and love it. My fave is Green and Black's. I'm eating low carb and have about 20g of dark chocolate a day.
  • kayaksara
    kayaksara Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Love dark chocolate. Tired of the word clean because of its broad definition. I consider it healthy. If I can fit it in my calories it's the last thing I eat for the day! MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!