Everyone is an "expert"

Replies

• BHFF
    BHFF Posts: 421 Member
    jemhh wrote: »
    I feel like I missed a thread? Was something deleted that I didn't see? A thread or a post? I am lost about the hate and roided up bodybuilders.

whos the roided up BB? Jay Cutler? Yes def on steroids, def knows his body, diet, nutrition, exercise etc better than anyone here thats for sure. No one takes steroids, sits on a couch, eats junk and gets in that kind of shape. His life was dedicated to his body and with that came levels of nutritional awareness most of us will never understand.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    BHFF wrote: »
    I feel like I missed a thread? Was something deleted that I didn't see? A thread or a post? I am lost about the hate and roided up bodybuilders.

whos the roided up BB? Jay Cutler? Yes def on steroids, def knows his body, diet, nutrition, exercise etc better than anyone here thats for sure. No one takes steroids, sits on a couch, eats junk and gets in that kind of shape. His life was dedicated to his body and with that came levels of nutritional awareness most of us will never understand.

But you think his methods apply to the general populous? Srs question.
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member

Here: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10500919/full-body-workouts-muscle-building#latest
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member

Here: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10500919/full-body-workouts-muscle-building#latest

Ha, I just stumbled onto that. It all makes sense now ;)
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Ohhh this is meta. Well, I'm out.
  • rnelson88
    rnelson88 Posts: 122 Member
    I agree!
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

There was also the poofed why aren't more people here talking about steroids thread.

OP, the gen pop here isn't aiming for elite. But many users are well read and versed in the science around weight loss and exercise. While some are experts in these fields, many more have simply taken the time and interest in exploring the subject. This can lead to some lively debates. It's best to check your ego at the door. Keep your mind open to learning some new stuff.

Don't forget the it's OK for girls to use gloves but not guys line.
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member

There was also the poofed why aren't more people here talking about steroids thread.

OP, the gen pop here isn't aiming for elite. But many users are well read and versed in the science around weight loss and exercise. While some are experts in these fields, many more have simply taken the time and interest in exploring the subject. This can lead to some lively debates. It's best to check your ego at the door. Keep your mind open to learning some new stuff.

Dang, I completely missed that one. I hate it when they poof before I can witness the dumpster fire :(
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member

I didn't see that. Thank goodness I'm a girl. I can be dainty. Is that for lifting?
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    edited January 2017
    Wait guys! He's a nutritionist! So his opinion is law!

Ironically enough, a lot of the threads you post in get the posts deleted by mods. So there's gotta be some merit there.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    I feel like we should rename Coleman's Law to Coleman and Cutler's Law. Any time you use either of them as an example for something, you automatically lose the debate.

With those two, we're not even just talking "roided up bodybuilders" anymore. We are talking about the ultimate genetic elite. It's the same thing as all of those powerlifters who spent a decade *kitten* to Coan's training methods and diet, while accomplishing precisely nothing.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Yeah but like . . . I am an expert, so.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,919 Member
    edited January 2017
    It is funny to read what some people write on here, everyone is an expert at everything. Jay Cutler 4x Mr. Olympia has a vid out on YouTube where he says that his clients will argue about the best training methods and "everyone is an expert". Its so true lol. Who else agrees with me?
    You think he discloses his gear stack? I mean when putting on muscle, there's a difference of doing it natural and doing it with gear. Jay's a good guy, but I'd still rely more on people who actually have degrees in the field of physiology, kinesiology, etc. than some of the anecdotes that he might provide. I meant the man at one time was eating 5,000 calories or more a day and not getting too fat. The average person not on gear WILL get fat.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,919 Member
    I cant help but laugh as I post one comment and I get all kinds of hate for it. Im def smiling. Love this place
    Getbig misses you.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member

Ah yes, I remember that thread now! The same thread in which he was outed for being an Advocare rep, right? (Hence the different username, I assume.)
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Am I seriously the only person who thought this was about a washed up overrated quarterback?

LOL, no you're not. I'm like, everyone I know makes fun of Jay Cutler for being a *kitten* QB, do bodybuilders really look up to him? He looks kinda slim to me :tongue:
This discussion has been closed.