Everyone is an "expert"

Replies

• jmule24
    jmule24 Posts: 1,382 Member
    edited January 2017
    @BHFF in all sincerity there is more likely of a chance you find like minded individuals here......

https://www.t-nation.com

• Warriormonk73
    Warriormonk73 Posts: 38 Member
    The only expert that you can follow to the letter is yourself.

Not two people are alike, and no workout is magical.

Work hard and learn what works for YOU, job done!
  • WatchJoshLift
    WatchJoshLift Posts: 520 Member
    BHFF wrote: »
    I cant help but laugh as I post one comment and I get all kinds of hate for it. Im def smiling. Love this place

Disagreement does not equate to hate. Debate is healthy and shouldn't be taken personal.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    ninerbuff wrote: »

Yes I do. I think someone who dedicated themselves to fine tuning their bodies beyond what we can conceive can give solid advice in diet and training. They are the best of the best in training and diet.
    There are lots of great athletes in every sport. That DOESN'T necessarily mean they would be great coaches or leaders. I mean by that analogy, Ronnie Coleman should be listened to more than Jay because he has more Sandows. Oh and replaced hips too.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

And unlike Cutler, at least Coleman had some respectable totals.

Really, the whole thing with bodybuilding and powerlifting, once you get to those levels, is that it's 100% individual. Even if you were to ignore the drugs (which you can, because at that level everyone is on), very few of those guys have identical, or even highly similar training and diet.

Taking advice based on a very specific individual and assuming that it's the be-all, end-all of training and nutrition, is a recipe for disappointment and failure.

Besides, if I were gonna listen to any specific person, it would have to be Efferding. I mean come on; who else completely dominates in both PL and BB within a few months of each other? ;)

Stan is the man. His car videos are very informative and detailed as well.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Yes I do. I think someone who dedicated themselves to fine tuning their bodies beyond what we can conceive can give solid advice in diet and training. They are the best of the best in training and diet.

I wouldn't take their advice based on looks alone. Greg Plitt had a great body and he said really stupid crap about training and nutrition. His information about digestion is scientifically inaccurate. He's just one of hundreds and that's not even taking into account that information shared by someone using steroids rarely applies to natural people.

Enjoy some eye rolling thanks to Greg Plitt.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvyOjJ4Sqf8

he worked with jackie warner for awhile, he was one of her trainers but seemed to be really dense about a lot of things,so much that he thought he should stand on railroad tracks and take pics for a photoshoot,until a train hit him and killed him.so yeah just because someone looks good doesnt mean they are knowledgeable or have common sense either
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member

I wouldn't take their advice based on looks alone. Greg Plitt had a great body and he said really stupid crap about training and nutrition. His information about digestion is scientifically inaccurate. He's just one of hundreds and that's not even taking into account that information shared by someone using steroids rarely applies to natural people.

he worked with jackie warner for awhile, he was one of her trainers but seemed to be really dense about a lot of things,so much that he thought he should stand on railroad tracks and take pics for a photoshoot,until a train hit him and killed him.so yeah just because someone looks good doesnt mean they are knowledgeable or have common sense either

Actually, he was trying to out run the train as a promo for a pre workout supplement and new training program, but yeah he's definitely not someone I would follow. Along with the majority of other fitness figures out there.
  • BHFF
    BHFF Posts: 421 Member
    You are right guys I am so sorry. These guy and gals are trained by some of the top minds in nutrition and fitness. Guys like Hany Rambod. But hey you are right, Jay and other guys were not guided and trained by the top minds in the fitness industry and those people know NOTHING about nutrition which is the most IMPORTANT aspect of bodybuilding, mens physqiue, womens physique, womens bikini etc. Diet plays no role, hey they just follow CICO right and thats all the people like Hany tell them to do.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    You are right guys I am so sorry. These guy and gals are trained by some of the top minds in nutrition and fitness. Guys like Hany Rambod. But hey you are right, Jay and other guys were not guided and trained by the top minds in the fitness industry and those people know NOTHING about nutrition which is the most IMPORTANT aspect of bodybuilding, mens physqiue, womens physique, womens bikini etc. Diet plays no role, hey they just follow CICO right and thats all the people like Hany tell them to do.

Seriously dude, what did you expect to happen with this thread?
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member

That's not at all what you were saying from the start. You said Jay Cutler is a top mind in nutrition and body building. Now you're saying that his trainer is? Which one is it man, pick an arguement and Stick to your guns. Those same "top" minds you're referring to are also paid to recommend supplements that don't work and training that leads to no progression. Once again please explain how lifting weights 2-3x a day would benefit myself as much as it would an enhanced lifter or yourself for that matter.

• billglitch
    billglitch Posts: 538 Member
    edited January 2017
    a friend of the family once told me the definition of an expert....he broke it down like this EX - an ex is a has been. Spert - a little squirt under pressure lol
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,919 Member
    Hany is great for bodybuilding. Their job is fine tuning the already freakiest physiques in the industry. So if a male or female just wants to look average, how much of their knowledge will be applicable? And you know as well as I do that Hany, Charles Glass, etc. aren't going to dedicate much of their time to training the average gym goer just trying to get fit and lose weight. You also know as well as I do that one could do everything right by them and still come in flat, blurry or soft for a show. They'll even admit that they may have to work with someone a few times till they figure out when they peak or not. Just sayin'.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    jemhh wrote: »
    I feel like I missed a thread? Was something deleted that I didn't see? A thread or a post? I am lost about the hate and roided up bodybuilders.

whos the roided up BB? Jay Cutler? Yes def on steroids, def knows his body, diet, nutrition, exercise etc better than anyone here thats for sure. No one takes steroids, sits on a couch, eats junk and gets in that kind of shape. His life was dedicated to his body and with that came levels of nutritional awareness most of us will never understand.
    Red herring- has nothing to do with anything relevant to this conversation.

nice try though.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    I'm honestly wondering if this is the world's greatest troll job or what.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey

Actually, he was trying to out run the train as a promo for a pre workout supplement and new training program, but yeah he's definitely not someone I would follow. Along with the majority of other fitness figures out there.

well I heard it was a photoshoot, but guess it doesnt matter,that wasnt a smart decision on his part
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    not every trainer is knowledgeable in nutrition a lot of what they learn is old myths,bro science,etc.no one said hard work wont get you anywhere,but some of the things I have heard trainers spout on their videos,websites,etc is pure woo. do they have great bodies? sure they do but some of them even spread weight lifting woo as well.just because they have great physiques doesnt mean they know everything, what worked for them may not work for others.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member

Keep digging that hole, surely you will come out on the other side eventually.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member

Thoughts OP?

In b4 "he never placed first so he's irrelevant"

This is awesome
This discussion has been closed.