A Hurtful Comment.

Options

Replies

• melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    To sum up: We might be fluffy...but we can lose weight. And they'll still be kittenholes. (I kitten myself...love the profanity filter!)
  • wildhog96
    wildhog96 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Way to go! It's great you used that comment as motivation instead of an excuse to head home.
  • Reaverie
    Reaverie Posts: 405 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    They are the ugly ones, not you. You can lose the weight and retain your gentle spirit. They are dirty on the inside. I dont feel sorry for you.. I feel sorry for them. Its easy to clean up the outside, but not so much the inside. There are just nasty people in this world who think they are better than everyone else. The first time they have real problems, they wont have the ability to cope.

I bet a lot of people here have gone through this at one time or another so you arent alone. I got those kind of remarks from family and teachers growing up. People I was suppose to be able to trust. Now I look forward to the a$$e$ of this world because it gives me an outlet for my cynicism. My kids say I am the scariest nice person they ever met.

I was in the store and a boy about 11 or 12 turns down the isle I am in, gives me a disgusted look, then walks back out and turns down the next isle. I could hear his mother then ask him, "Did you find your sister?" And he said, "No, just this ugly fat white lady on the other isle." And his mother started snickering. She was tall and skinny and very pretty. He however was a little porker. Hardly one to insult another based on their weight. My daughter, ever the little me, says loud enough that they can hear, "Did porky pig just call you fat?" Silence... then they left their isle, passed ours without looking in, and walked to the other side of the store. I knew he had to be talking about me, cause the only people in that section was my daughter and I and there is no way she could be confused with ugly or fat.

My daughter isnt mean btw. She would never point out anothers flaws. But If you are a dick.. she will out dick you. If you try to make her cry, she will have you bawling. She doesnt like mean people. Both of us have a nasty habit of putting others back in their place. Right or wrong our sarcasm is an automatic defense mechanism for us.

• cahubbard6421
    cahubbard6421 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    delamori wrote: »
    How do you use kitten? I saw someone use it as well :#

You've ype in a cuss word. The system does the rest. *kitten*
  • Reaverie
    Reaverie Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    My husband just told me I look like a girl from the show "My 600 lb life". Not only did I cry but he laughed. I feel your pain....But at least you don't have to live with them on a daily

You've need to get the *kitten* out of that relationship. Also someone needs to slap the helm out of him

AGREED! What a terrible husband! If you dont believe in divorce, separate at the very least. You dont need that in your life.
  • arkowalyshyn
    arkowalyshyn Posts: 132 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Maybe they were admiring your boobs ;)
  • yogagirlT
    yogagirlT Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Lovelyby20 wrote: »
    Hello all, I figure I'd reach out to the threads because there's bound to be someone like me out there that this has happened to...

So yesterday, I was feeling like crap, my head hurts (getting over a very aggressive cold) and earlier in the day, I was contemplating skipping the gym and just catching up on some rest. I told myself no, and I was content with the feeling of me overcoming my procrastination. Anyhow, I got to the gym, needed to change out of my work clothes, so I changed into my gym clothes and returned to my car to leave my book bag (being I don't have a lock for the lockers). On my way back, I noticed these two men walking out of the mall, laughing and joking. Now, I know that wasn't about me, but the next thing I heard was:

"...needs to lose that gut. Baby got front!"

I turned briefly around to see if there was anyone behind me or so, on the side of me--hell even in front of me. There wasn't. It was me, in my gym clothes, feeling like complete *kitten* (in spandex no less), and taking those comments with me into the gym.

Needless to stay, I stayed on that treadmill for 65 minutes, the longest duration I've stayed on up to date. Incline a steady 3.0, adjusting the treadmill for vigorous walking and even spurts of jogging.

I am mortified to say it out loud, I wanted to cry in the gym, on the treadmill.

But then I realized that one day, that comment won't apply to me...

so I kept going.

**Sorry for being a complete sap, it's just that comments like those stay with me and they haunt me. My self-esteem is below 0, and it's hurtful to think that someone could say that about a complete stranger, especially one who's trying to better themselves**

Does anyone care to vent along with me...?

This happened to a friend who visited me this summer. She is a full-figured woman and these drunk idiots made awful, extremely rude comments about her size/weight to her when we were walking to dinner. She got really embarrassed and I know it really hurt her. She blew it off as them being idiots but she is sensitive about her weight and body and I think it soured her trip.

I didn't speak to my brother for 6 months after rude *and drunk* comments he made about my weight/stomach. This was years ago but those comments can still sting. Any person who is rude like that is just mirroring their own insecurities and obviously they are immature, rude and shallow aholes. One of many reasons why I won't teach at gyms or work out at meat market gyms, as I call them.

Good for you for sticking out your workout and please don't feel discouraged. Do not let the rude aholes of the world stop you.

Sending a virtual hug!
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    Wow what a bunch of jerks. I'm so impressed that you went and worked out and went even longer. I probably would have cried and just left. Maybe not now that I'm 55, but when I was younger I certainly would have. After a certain age you are just like *kitten* them!
    But look at you! You STILL went and worked out and went even longer. I'm very impressed with you! And those two are losers.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Those comments say way more about them, not you. Keep focused.
  • emd2570
    emd2570 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Screw them - don't let negative comments get to you - you did good - you were determined even though you were hurt - wipe your tears and keep doing what you are doing - I have had people tell me I needed to lose weight - oh you have a pretty face ( that's the usual over weight girl compliment) - now I get negative comments saying I'm too thin - ( I'm not ) don't lose anymore weight - as my grandmother used to say - people have diarrhea of the mouth and constipation of thought .....

Lovelyby20 wrote: »
    Hello all, I figure I'd reach out to the threads because there's bound to be someone like me out there that this has happened to...

So yesterday, I was feeling like crap, my head hurts (getting over a very aggressive cold) and earlier in the day, I was contemplating skipping the gym and just catching up on some rest. I told myself no, and I was content with the feeling of me overcoming my procrastination. Anyhow, I got to the gym, needed to change out of my work clothes, so I changed into my gym clothes and returned to my car to leave my book bag (being I don't have a lock for the lockers). On my way back, I noticed these two men walking out of the mall, laughing and joking. Now, I know that wasn't about me, but the next thing I heard was:

"...needs to lose that gut. Baby got front!"

I turned briefly around to see if there was anyone behind me or so, on the side of me--hell even in front of me. There wasn't. It was me, in my gym clothes, feeling like complete *kitten* (in spandex no less), and taking those comments with me into the gym.

Needless to stay, I stayed on that treadmill for 65 minutes, the longest duration I've stayed on up to date. Incline a steady 3.0, adjusting the treadmill for vigorous walking and even spurts of jogging.

I am mortified to say it out loud, I wanted to cry in the gym, on the treadmill.

But then I realized that one day, that comment won't apply to me...

so I kept going.

**Sorry for being a complete sap, it's just that comments like those stay with me and they haunt me. My self-esteem is below 0, and it's hurtful to think that someone could say that about a complete stranger, especially one who's trying to better themselves**

Does anyone care to vent along with me...?

• jacobhillman
    jacobhillman Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Talk about motivation.. sorry that happened to you but I'm sure it helped you that day.

You got this. :]
  • leesagagliardi
    leesagagliardi Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Don't put ur energy into focusing in on these guys (given they seem to have there heads up their rear ends, they have all the attention they need). Keep going and eyeball them during your next work out and kill it.
  • Rushbrook60
    Rushbrook60 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    It's no wonder we live in a world where so many people suffer with low self esteem and depression. Whether we want to or like it, we soak up other people's comments and it eats away at us. It takes a spiteful and shallow person to make comments like that, but a much bigger and successful person to work through the feelings those comments leave behind. You will reach your goal and not because of those comments but because you are better than they are and stronger than they ever will be...just remember, they had to result in bullying to make themselves feel bigger, you don't!
  • Eliniita
    Eliniita Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    There's one person in my life that sometimes comments on my weight...
    It's kind of silly to me, as I am at a healthy weight, and when I was about 10lbs lighter, he'd comment on how I was too skinny. lol. Anyway, one day he said, "You're fat"
    My reply? "No I'm not."
    To which he said, "All women are fat" :D:D
    My point is, some people are just ridiculous. Ignore them. Or laugh about it.
  • indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately horrible people like that exist :( I'm really sorry you had to experience that and hope that nobody gives you that kind of crap again. But well done you for going back in there and smashing it! Keep it up, you'll get where you want to be in no time!
  • TeachingT
    TeachingT Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    All of you on here are so incredibly supportive, I have tears in my eyes. I love this. I wish more people were like you all.
  • Savagedistraction
    Savagedistraction Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Things I have heard from people about MY body.
    1. She's too muscular, she's gonna end up looking like a guy.
    2. Those are fake boobs
    3. No guy wants that

Unfortunately all of those things were said by their women. Fortunately, I don't give "rhymes with ducks" about what other people say or think about my body.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    People can be douchy. I know it's hard, but try not to let it get to you.