Options
124»

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    try2again wrote: »
    nickybow86 wrote: »
    So I had my weigh in thisnoring and even after eating all their recommended food and starving I was only down 2oz :/ I'm done !

You didn't get fat in a day, it's not going to come off in a day. It's taken my almost three years to lose 40 pounds, with plenty of missteps and stalls. But I'm still slowly trending down, and when I log like I should I lose weight.

Yep. It's taken me 5 years to lose 75 lbs, with stops & starts. Would I have rather it had magically fallen off in a couple of months? Sure. But would I rather have not lost at all? Duh.

2 years for 30lbs here. It is what it is, i was not in a great rush.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 10 and I am 6lb down but I'm so *kitten* hungry I can't take it !! I don't want to give up already but I can't cope much longer !! Any tips for me please ?

Why not just eat real food? There is no reason to deprive yourself.

The only reason that Herbalife has been working is because you've been in a calorie deficit. In other words, it's the product has not magic to it.

Eat real food within your calorie deficit and you will lose weight. :)
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    So I had my weigh in thisnoring and even after eating all their recommended food and starving I was only down 2oz :/ I'm done !

You didn't get fat in a day, it's not going to come off in a day. It's taken my almost three years to lose 40 pounds, with plenty of missteps and stalls. But I'm still slowly trending down, and when I log like I should I lose weight.

Yep. It's taken me 5 years to lose 75 lbs, with stops & starts. Would I have rather it had magically fallen off in a couple of months? Sure. But would I rather have not lost at all? Duh.

2 years for 30lbs here. It is what it is, i was not in a great rush.

It has taken me two years to lose 20lbs. It was slower than I wanted but I didn't make myself miserable and I'm 5lbs from my goal. Great job!

It has taken me 2 years to lose 85lbs ..I had a few set backs deaths in the family etc.
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9, and 280 pounds. Down from 330. With a serious problem of abusing food as a coping mechanism. Some people drink. Some people do drugs. I eat ice cream.

I'm doing just fine with logging my food and maintaining a deficit. And I still get ice cream. Just not a whole container in one sitting. Okay, not in one sitting all the time. (Seriously, if I can do this, anyone can)

If you've admittedly got an issue with a food addiction, you need to find a way to deal with that... not fad diet your way to goal then gain it back when you try to eat for real again, because you go nuts after being miserable for weeks/months. That happened to me. I lost 50 pounds fast following some silly fad diet, then after the months of being miserable, I went back to eating real food, went crazy, and ate my way back up *beyond* where I started. It's really not worth it in the end.

Good luck in finding what works for you so you are not hungry and miserable.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    That's guys . I have tried counting calories , weight watchers , slimming worls ect ... to no avail :( I have an addition to food (like most people on this) so this is a last resort to try help. I'm 5'9 and 215lb ! It's not as easy as " just log your calories" when I start eatting I don't stop !
    Then you need to change your habitual behavior. If not, then once you're off Herbalife, you'll likely exceed 215lbs. Not uncommon when people are put on a very restrictive diet they don't like, then don't see results and eat back up food they used to.
    The issue is COMMITMENT. You "tried". When you commit, you see it through till the end. And that can be done with just about anything in life.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• DietVanillaCoke
    DietVanillaCoke Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I agree with other users. Eat food =) Using MFP you can record what you eat and lose.

Isn't herbalife a pyramid scam anyway? I had a friend who kept trying to sell it over FB to her friends and kept saying how the weight was just "falling" off her. She's still morbidly obese and now she sells avon again. o.O
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options

4 something years to lose 100 lbs here. A lot of learning was involved to figure out what things work for me and what things don't. Bumps here and there, gaining a bit here and there and re-losing, long maintenance breaks, various rates of momentum...etc, and it doesn't really feel like a long time because at this point it's just "life" as I now know it. Various times when I didn't focus too much on weight loss did not feel like "falling off the wagon", just life as I now know it but with less weight loss or none at all.

It's nice to take inspiration for things to try while dieting from how you imagine your future maintenance to be and discard anything that feels too hard or like it would not be practical to keep doing.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options

4 something years to lose 100 lbs here. A lot of learning was involved to figure out what things work for me and what things don't. Bumps here and there, gaining a bit here and there and re-losing, long maintenance breaks, various rates of momentum...etc, and it doesn't really feel like a long time because at this point it's just "life" as I now know it. Various times when I didn't focus too much on weight loss did not feel like "falling off the wagon", just life as I now know it but with less weight loss or none at all.

It's nice to take inspiration for things to try while dieting from how you imagine your future maintenance to be and discard anything that feels too hard or like it would not be practical to keep doing.

This is why I hate to see people in such a hurry to get the weight off. It really is such a long learning process. You can't just "diet" and then go back to "normal"; you have to find a completely new normal, and that take's a lot of trial & error.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Put your height, weight and activity level without exercise into MFP. Set your goal to lose 1 lb a week. You should be able to eat somewhere between1600-2000 calories at your height and weight. The more active you are the more calories you can eat.
    With MFP if you exercise you are supposed to log it and eat some of those calories.
    Eat in a sustainable way. Don't overhaul your whole diet or over restrict foods you enjoy. Start logging whatever you consume as accurately as you can and eat food you like. Learn appropriate portion sizes. Get a digital food scale.
    Stick to your calorie goal. Getting enough protein, fats and fiber can help you feel satisfied. Eat several servings of vegetables and fruits a day.
    Be patient. It takes time to lose weight.
  • genpopadopolous
    genpopadopolous Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I agree with other users. Eat food =) Using MFP you can record what you eat and lose.

Isn't herbalife a pyramid scam anyway? I had a friend who kept trying to sell it over FB to her friends and kept saying how the weight was just "falling" off her. She's still morbidly obese and now she sells avon again. o.O

Oh, that's right. I've been meaning to post John Oliver on MLMs, featuring Herbalife.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cy-O4myeUzg

I posted this to my Facebook after I saw that episode.

I am so over being hit up for stupid *kitten* I don't need to "support" a friend. I like to think by not participating, hopefully they get out quicker. Thats my support.

And I looovveee John Oliver.
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

Oh, that's right. I've been meaning to post John Oliver on MLMs, featuring Herbalife.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cy-O4myeUzg

Alot of these diet plans are like this. My brother's ex wife spent over $350 on isagenix because one of her friends was selling it. She used the isagenix products and ate only chicken breast and vegetables and was miserable. She didn't lose any weight, well 10lbs but it came back within a month of stopping the program.
  • AFGP11
    AFGP11 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    If you want longterm success, you have to give up on the idea that you will lose it all fast. Most of what you've lost is water weight because there is only one way to lose fat and that is with a calorie deficit. Literally one or two days of normal eating will return you to your pre-diet weight. It takes a deficit of 3500 calories (as in you burn 3500 calories more than you take in) to lose each pound. It is possible to have a deficit that nets you a loss of one or two pounds of fat per week if you simply cut back on calories, but there is no magic solution that helps you avoid the scientific fact of CICO. Liquid diets will make the scale move, but they won't change your body composition. What is the plan when you get too hungry and can't do another day of Herbalife? I'd say you are better off spending your time really learning about nutrition. I have NEVER starved since I learned how to eat properly, and I am consistently losing and have lost 60 pounds before this.
  • basky56
    basky56 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    My advice to you is to eat regular food and log your calories. Remember that you will (even though in your mind you won't) eat this again someday. I use to eat tons just because it tasted really good, but then realized that I was over eating by a mile. My brother once told me that I was acting like a child in a toy store, "i want it and I want it all now." Once you admit that it is childish, and that food has this power over you, start that mindset of "damnit I am in control, this (metaphorical) "donut" has no control over me."
  • msjohnson426
    msjohnson426 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Stella3838 wrote: »
    Just eat food, and have a consistent calorie deficit.

Oh yeah. Totally this.

This